Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DGSD Questions

Question DGSD Questions

1. Is XF half-khitan, half-Han? In DGSD96, what was written by XYS on that rock was an account of what happen during the massacre, and he said at that time his family was going to XF's maternal grandma's house for XF's 1 year old birthday. At that time, they were going into Han teritory. Does that mean his wife is a Han?

2. Murong Bok gave that wrong info to XZ's dad to cause enmity between Han and Khitan so that they will fight and he can gain from the aftermath. But did anything bad actually happen due to that massacre (other than XYS taking revenge years later)? XYS is suppose to be royalty, right (since all the Liao Empress comes from his family)? So, did the Khitan do anything about the massacre?

3. Other than 18DSP and Dob Beating Stick, what other martial arts did XF knew?

4. Did LQS only transfer internal energy to XZ, or did she teach him martial art as well? In the DGSD96, she only transfer internal energy to XZ, but XZ can use her martial arts? How can that be? Doesn't he need to know the technique as well?

5. What is 'Xiao Wu Xiang Gong'? Is it only an energy cultivationn/utilisation technique or it has other uses? JMZ was using it to power up his other Shoalin martial art. But if it's just an energy cultivation martial art, how can XZ and Janitor Monk recognise it and say his internal energy is not from Shaolin?
    Last edited by kidd; 05-26-04 at 01:52 AM.

1) I thought XF was all khitan but your question is something I've overlooked. Hopefully someone will answer it.

4) I think LQS had her martial arts on those walls didn't she? And what about the ones in Tian Shan Dong Lao's stone room?

Well In the novel, Madame Wang was LQS's daughter with Wu Ya Zi. However, he did not love LQS. Eh..there's a whole thread somewhere or an article on SPC site somewhere about that.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I've been looking around the forum for Athena's thread about Xiao Yao Pai.
    IIRC, the title's "The Trials and Tribulations of Xiao Yao Pai".

I wonder if anyone kept a copy of it somewhere.

5. XZ was extremely well versed in Xiao Yao martial arts while Sweeper was extremely well versed in Shaolin
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Originally posted by Ardor
    5. XZ was extremely well versed in Xiao Yao martial arts while Sweeper was extremely well versed in Shaolin
    But it's only internal energy. JMZ was still using Shoalin martial arts stances. Even if they are well-versed, if there is no form for them to see, how can they recognise it? It's not like 18DSP or Dog Beating Stick where you recognise the martial arts through the stances the practitioner perform.

LQS did not teach XZ anything. XZ absorbed 90% of her power.

But in the Ling Jiu Palace chambers, the XWXG instructions existed. Since TSTL did not know or learn XWXG, it might be possible that the other Xiao Yao Sect martial arts that LQS and even WYZ knew were on the walls as well.

The type is rather different, they who know it very well can tell it apart, those who don't can't. That's why XZ and Sweeper knows it is not Shaolin arts.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Default Re: Questions on DGSD (regarding XF and XZ)

Originally posted by kidd
    1. Is XF half-khitan, half-Han? In DGSD96, what was written by XYS on that rock was an account of what happen during the massacre, and he said at that time his family was going to XF's maternal grandma's house for XF's 1 year old birthday. At that time, they were going into Han teritory. Does that mean his wife is a Han?

2. Murong Bok gave that wrong info to XZ's dad to cause enmity between Han and Khitan so that they will fight and he can gain from the aftermath. But did anything bad actually happen due to that massacre (other than XYS taking revenge years later)? XYS is suppose to be royalty, right (since all the Liao Empress comes from his family)? So, did the Khitan do anything about the massacre?

4. Did LQS only transfer internal energy to XZ, or did she teach him martial art as well? In the DGSD96, she only transfer internal energy to XZ, but XZ can use her martial arts? How can that be? Doesn't he need to know the technique as well?

5. What is 'Xiao Wu Xiang Gong'? Is it only an energy cultivationn/utilisation technique or it has other uses? JMZ was using it to power up his other Shoalin martial art. But if it's just an energy cultivation martial art, how can XZ and Janitor Monk recognise it and say his internal energy is not from Shaolin?
    1) QF is fully 100% khitan blood.
    2) No one knew and cared about the massacare of the Xiao's family. Btw, the Xiao's were surnames of high officials of the Khitan but not the kings.
    3) A selection of martial arts that XF knew include basic Shaolin martial arts, Sung founder's long fist, and a special rare martial art called "Kam Lung Kung" [Dragon Incarcerating technique]
    4) She transfered the internal energy only.

Default Re: Questions on DGSD (regarding XF and XZ)

Originally posted by kidd

3. I believe XF knew a host of different skills from Shaolin and Beggar clan.

4. LQS lost her internal energy only. XZ's techniques are learnt from TSTL and the cave in Ling Jiu gong.

Default Some DGSD questions

1) What is the exact properties of Xiao Wu Xiang Gong- is it an internal energy or does it also include ability for projectile attacks?

2) Does LQS knows both BMSG and XWXG? If not, how does the statue have BMSG?

3) Observation: How good are TSTL? If she is so good, why does she restrict her dominance to only the 32 caves and 72 islands masters, and not Shaolin etc?

4) What is the minimum level needed to learn the martial arts at the Lin Chao palace? Even MRF cannot learned it when he was at XiXia.

5) [Candide has answered this before, but i'm curious to other ppl's explanation}

One of XZ's great power gain was when he received accidently the combined inner power of both TSTL and LQS.

How could this happen?

Wasn't the two of them top notch fighters, who should be able to control their internal energy and avoid losing all their energy at once?

Also why wouldn't XZ's Bei Ming Zhen Qi act as a resistive force to this sudden surge in internal energy, thus limiting the potential damage to XZ?

Finally, why didn't XZ suffered from this massive internal energy addition - over 140 years worth i.e. like DY when he first learned BMSG?

Han Solo

Default Two questions on TLBB (DGSD)

1. How are Duan Zheng Chun (Duan Yu's dad) and the other Duan guy-I forgot his name, he's the one whose missing a leg and talks without opening his mouth-related? I think I either missed it or didn't see it at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Am I the only one who thinks Tie Chou is NOT good for Ah Zi? I don't like him, he's kind of ugly and his face is like, I dunno....just scary. I mean, he's nice and I feel sorry for him and everything...but he should NOT be with Ah Zi. They don't match up well IMO. I hope they don't end up together forever, and that the only time they're nice to each other is when Ah Zi goes blind. -sigh-

Yeah, well...a factual answer on the first question please...as for the second, post away. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
    Here's a llama
    There's a llama
    And another little llama
    Fuzzy llama
    Funny llama
    Llama llama duck

Llama llama
    Cheesecake llama
    Tablet brick potato llama...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflower

2. Am I the only one who thinks Tie Chou is NOT good for Ah Zi? I don't like him, he's kind of ugly and his face is like, I dunno....just scary. I mean, he's nice and I feel sorry for him and everything...but he should NOT be with Ah Zi. They don't match up well IMO. I hope they don't end up together forever, and that the only time they're nice to each other is when Ah Zi goes blind. -sigh-
    Who would ever match well with Ah Zi? That woman is psychotic and criminally insane. Tie Chou not good for her? I think it's the other round. She's not good for anyone around her, period.

Ah Zi is a very sad result of parental neglect. Her parents gave her away, and she just happened to end up under the world's leading evil man, while her sister had better fate to slip under Murong family's door. Anyway, Ah Zi was just misguided from the start. Maybe given time, she could have changed, like Guo Fu in ROCH who became more mature overtime.

You Tanzhi (Iron Head, Tie Tou) is the most obsessed admirer in DGSD. His dedication to Ah Zi exceeds that of Duan Zhengchun's mistresses to Duan Zhengchun, or Tianshan Tonglao and Li Qiushui to Wuyazi, or Duan Yu to Wang Yuyan. Whereas Duan Yu would be reluctant to harm innocent people, and the other lovers more or less cared about their image, You Tanzhi didn't care about anything except Ah Zi. That's why he sacrificed everything he could for her, including his precious eyes. Even Duan Yu thought his devotion is far behind compared to Tanzhi. Such dedication is really unmatchable any more. It has reached the highest level of purity**. Yes, it's pathetic, and Tanzhi is certainly not a prototype for hero, but his dedication to Ah Zi cannot be doubted.

**unless you are Dugu Qiubai and want to "overcome dedication without dedication."
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Yes, okay. I get your points...but I still think Tie Chou doesn't match well with Ah Zi. It's mainly his looks, not his character. I can't stand it when he squinches up his face. It's not his fault though...still. Yeah.

Just a side thought...do you guys think Ah Zi is prettier or Ah Zhu?
    IMO, they're both really pretty in really different ways. Ah Zhu is like 'princess' pretty, while Ah Zi is kind of 'cute but dangerous' pretty. Ah Zhu reminds me of a...a...a flower. Yes, that's it.
    Here's a llama
    There's a llama
    And another little llama
    Fuzzy llama
    Funny llama
    Llama llama duck

Llama llama
    Cheesecake llama

Oh I know! If they cast someone cuter, like Zheng Xiao Dong, as Tie Chou in the movie, then I would be all for it. They'd make a cute couple.

-slaps forehead- I'm stupid why didn't I think of that before?
    Here's a llama
    There's a llama
    And another little llama
    Fuzzy llama
    Funny llama
    Llama llama duck

Llama llama
    Cheesecake llama

Duan Zheng Chun and "that other Duan guy" (Duan Yan Qing) are cousins.

Yes, okay. I get your points...but I still think Tie Chou doesn't match well with Ah Zi. It's mainly his looks, not his character. I can't stand it when he squinches up his face. It's not his fault though...still. Yeah.
    Oh I know! If they cast someone cuter, like Zheng Xiao Dong, as Tie Chou in the movie, then I would be all for it. They'd make a cute couple.
    WTF? Maybe you're in the wrong section. Seems you are more interested in the actors/actresses and the adaptations rather than the story itself.

Anyway, to answer your question and your other subsequent replies.

- How is he not good for her? Here is a guy who would do anything for a girl who treats him like a curious child treats an insect, burning of the feelers and everything. Maybe when you grow up and realise that looks aren't everything you would think differently.

- Ummm, the book doesn't tell me how annoying he is to little girls watching adaptations when he squinches up his face.

- Who in the blue hell is Zheng Xiao Dong? Anyway, Tie Chou isn't supposed to be good looking nor is he and Ah Zhi supposed to make a cute couple. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflower
    simple solution,mess up her face so both would wear a mask

Oh yeah. I like shen long's suggestion.

I thought they were brothers...apparently not. Okay. It was just a little confusing. Thanks.

To Xiao Feng:
    Sorry if this is a bit long. I'm long winded sometimes so you will have to bear with me.
    I didn't read the book as ignorant stupid 'little girls' like me are almost illiterate in Chinese so I am afraid you will have to excuse any mistake I make that is not identical to the book. Besides. What decent book read by decent people would write about 'how annoying it is to little girls watching adaptations when he squinches up his face'? The entire book would be a laughing stock.
    Other people find Tie Chou's devotion to Ah Zi sweet and honorable I guess I find it kind of sickening how he grovels after her and kissed her foot near the beginning of their-ah-relationship.
    Erm..what else...oh yes. I am very. sorry as I did not. know that he and Ah Zi were not to make a cute couple. Geez.
    And finally...two things...1, Zheng Xiao Dong is obviously an actor much better looking and fitted to the part than the guy playing Tie Chou currently and 2, how do you know hell is blue? It could be purple with bright pink polka dots and baby blue zigzags with green smoke pouring out of holes in the blood red ground around drunk men chugging mugs of amber colored beer.
    Here's a llama
    There's a llama
    And another little llama
    Fuzzy llama
    Funny llama
    Llama llama duck

Llama llama
    Cheesecake llama

RE Xiao Feng: Be nice.

RE Snowflower: Like Xiao Feng said, the Ah Zhi/You Tanzhi/Xiao Feng thing isn't meant to be really a romantic story per se. More of a tragedy, rather. They aren't meant to be a cute couple, as they aren't meant to be a couple at all.

If you finish the (excellent) TLBB (2003 I assume?) series, you'll know what I mean.

Until then, no spoilers, guys, as she obviously hasn't finished the series.