Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: baseball again

All Star list is out...

Most of the starters for the AL is from the Yanks... and the NL starts are from the Cards.

I am glad my 40 votes for Ichiro pay off since he is a starter for the 4th season

For the last 2 all star I am picking NL: Jason Kendell (who is a great catcher and good hitter) and AL: debating over Paul Konerko or Frank Thomas...
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

The Cubs sweeeeeeeep the White Sox and have won the season series!!! Whoohoo, 2004 bragging rights in Chicago this year. Man, I wish there was a broom smiley.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I don't vote ever. But if I did, I'd pick Abreu and Carlos Guillen for the final 2 slots.

Mets sweep Yanks. George cries over humiliation.

Georgie was pissed for not getting Freddy Garica... too. He should be happy that the Yanks is in first place and have 6 all stars.

Another suprise is A-rod is not going to compete in the HR derby. I thought this year would be awsome with NL: Sosa, Bonds, Junior, Thome, etc... against the AL Best would be a great duel I think.

Fox you don't vote... but is so fun. click click click
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by James Ko
    Georgie was pissed for not getting Freddy Garica... too. He should be happy that the Yanks is in first place and have 6 all stars.
    Thank God, that cashman managed to persuade the Boss not to pursue Garcia. Otherwise the thin thin Yankee farm will become even more barren.

Junior will miss the ALL STAR game and the HR Derby

And it seems a lot of star player don't really want to go to the game and rather take the time off to do personal things... example Pedro.

I wish Randy Johnson would get traded back to the AL team and see him starting against the Rocket.
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by James Ko
    Junior will miss the ALL STAR game and the HR Derby

And it seems a lot of star player don't really want to go to the game and rather take the time off to do personal things... example Pedro.

I wish Randy Johnson would get traded back to the AL team and see him starting against the Rocket.
    Characters like Pedro and Juan Gone are in a league of their own. They don't represent the game. Most players feel it's an honor to make the AS game.

Most of the guys missing the AS game are injured.

Wow, Clemens got absolutely rocked in the first inning and in his home ballpark, too. Of course the error didn't help...
    Why didn't Randy Johnson get the start?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Why didn't Randy Johnson get the start?
    Or Jason Schmidt....
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Randy Johnson didn't have the stats for a start like this in Houston. I guess you can argue about Schmidt(11-2, 2.51 ERA vs. 10-3, 2.62 ERA for Clemens), but it's not nearly enough to overcome the hometown factor. Based on merit, Ben Sheets should've started. 2.26 ERA, 133 Ks, 19 BBs is just sick. But Who would watch Ben Sheets start in an all-star game?

I'm wondering if Clemens' problems has something to do with pitching in 3 days. The guy's a freak about going through a workout routine to prepare between starts. In fact, there were some thoughts that Clemens pitch better on 5 days rest than on 6 days rest. There must've been something wrong with him, because his location was just terrible. Pitches were either going through the heart of the plate or way out of the strike zone. I've never seen himi miss the corners this whole season like last night. Even when he's getting lit up, it's usually because the umpire weren't calling the borderline pitches on him.

But PRAISE THE LORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because the Astros canned Jimy Williams today. This news was more than enough to offset last night's debacle by Clemens. By the way, did anyone else notice that Williams got booed by the fans when they introduced him? That was hilarious.

Check out Jayson Stark's piece on ESPN, he sez the Dodger stunk cuz he was out of his normal routine because he had to kiss butt these last few days to uphold a good image for MLB. He was apparently even singing country onstage with some country singer.

That's gay.

I'm happy he got hammered though. It would have been sweeter if he was still in Yanks stripes.

Originally posted by Meh
    Randy Johnson didn't have the stats for a start like this in Houston.
    I guess so, even though the guy was Mr. Perfect earlier this year.

Originally posted by Meh
    Based on merit, Ben Sheets should've started. 2.26 ERA, 133 Ks, 19 BBs is just sick. But Who would watch Ben Sheets start in an all-star game?
    Personally, I would. The guy's a Cubs killer. Both he and Kerry Wood are hardthrowers and kind of remind me of one another, but Wood gets most of the press. It's about time Sheets got some too.

Originally posted by Meh
    By the way, did anyone else notice that Williams got booed by the fans when they introduced him? That was hilarious.
    Haha, yeah, I noticed. That's just embarrassing.

I figured you'd be pumped about Williams getting fired. Who's his replacement?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-14-04 at 08:14 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I figured you'd be pumped about Williams getting fired. Who's his replacement?
    Phil Garner. You might remember him from a few years back, when he managed the Brewers.

I have mixed feelings about Garner. He's never won anything, but then he's been managing the Tigers and the Brewers. He has had some seasons when the team competed quite well with mediocre talent. But there are also a few times when he didn't do much with some decent talent. Anyway, the excitement isn't about who's coming, just who's leaving.

I wonder where RJohnson will be this year... I really think media is pushing him to move to a big club.

I think RJ should just stay in DBacks... he already achieve a lot for his career.
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by Meh
    Phil Garner. You might remember him from a few years back, when he managed the Brewers.

I have mixed feelings about Garner. He's never won anything, but then he's been managing the Tigers and the Brewers. He has had some seasons when the team competed quite well with mediocre talent. But there are also a few times when he didn't do much with some decent talent. Anyway, the excitement isn't about who's coming, just who's leaving.
    I think the Astros are done. Maybe Ensberg steps up and has a huge 2nd half (a must if they wanna win the WC) but the rest of those guys excluding Berkman and Beltran are old. Even Berkman hasn't done squad since Beltran arrived. He was hitting .340 at one pt, now he's around .290. The bullpen is very weak. They have 1 above average RP in Lidge but he can only pitch so much.

I was worried about Beltran because switching leagues during the season sometimes is hard on a player who's been in one league all his career. He hasn't done much as an Astro. He is traditionally better in the 2nd half... so there's some hope but switching lgs may negate that trend. He should be hitting 2nd, not Everett or Vizcaino. Gotta give Tony Pena props for having the ability to think outside the box. Neither Williams nor Garner appears to have this ability.

David Wright is up baby!

Man Sandberg miss the Hall of Fame again I wonder when people realize he is one for the best 2nd basement of all time. His fielding (best fielding %, most consis game without an error) and his power (most homerun by a basement).

I am glad Monitor and Eckersley made it though
    Flame on I am gone...

The following has been confirmed, the Mets are run by retarded monkeys named Freddy Dilpon and Jim Dickquette.

They traded away their best pitching prospect Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano and traded away Justin Huber for a hamandegger whom they then traded to Pirates for Benson.

These retards are 6 games back, with 0 chance of winning the WS, and they just threw away their future for a pennant race they aren't even in!

Screw the Mets. I am rooting for the Yankz from now on. Man, I am furious.

Originally posted by flyingfox2002
    The following has been confirmed, the Mets are run by retarded monkeys named Freddy Dilpon and Jim Dickquette.

They traded away their best pitching prospect Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano and traded away Justin Huber for a hamandegger whom they then traded to Pirates for Benson.

These retards are 6 games back, with 0 chance of winning the WS, and they just threw away their future for a pennant race they aren't even in!

Screw the Mets. I am rooting for the Yankz from now on. Man, I am furious.
    Just start pulling for the A's, much more guilty-free and far more rewarding.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I already am. I have admitted that I am Billy Beane's man byatch before, no?

Ah well, at least there's another team, a much better one, in NY that I can root for. The hard part is to convince my heart to root for the Yankz... it's gonna be hard.

At least these Met trades give me more ammunition to make fun of Fred Dilpon and Dickquette with.

Originally posted by flyingfox2002
    I already am. I have admitted that I am Billy Beane's man byatch before, no?

Ah well, at least there's another team, a much better one, in NY that I can root for. The hard part is to convince my heart to root for the Yankz... it's gonna be hard.

At least these Met trades give me more ammunition to make fun of Fred Dilpon and Dickquette with.
    Why even try to root for the Yanks? They do pretty well without your rooting already.

By the way, what's your reaction to the Nomar trade? Mine was: "HOLY @#$%@$# $^&*!"

Just on the surface, it seems like the Red Sox did alright. They got Caberera, who I consider to be better defensively than Nomar and a pretty good hitter at the SS position, not a power threat like Nomar, but is capable of hitting .300 as well as providing some speed on the bases (sorta like an older Renterria). But that doesn't seem like a fair trade, even if you throw in Mientkiewicz, who is good, but isn't anywhere near good enough to make up the difference between Nomar and Orlando (not to mention they already have Ortiz and Millar at 1st). Unless there are more trades coming up.. this makes very little sense for the Red Sox.

Not sure how much sense it makes on the Cubs side either. Any ideas?
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.