Thread: Comparing the sword techniques of Mo Dong, Ngor Mei, and Kwun Lun during HSDS

Default Comparing the sword techniques of Mo Dong, Ngor Mei, and Kwun Lun during HSDS

During HEAVEN SWORD & DRAGON SABRE, three martial arts sects emerged as being highly proficient in swordsmanship: Mo Dong Sect, Ngor Mei Sect, and Kwun Lun Sect. Mo Dong Sect's founder, Cheung 3 Fung, invented the Tai Chi Sword Technique. Ngor Mei Sect's founder, Gwok Seung, was a renowned swordswoman in her time and decades after her death, even the traces of her skill that remained with her followers were widely respected and feared in the martial world. Kwun Lun Sect, much older than both Mo Dong Sect and Ngor Mei Sect, had been known for the swordsmanship of its ROCH-era representative Ho Juk Do, and in the time of HSDS, its leader Ho Tai Chung was one of the great swordsmen of the martial world. How did the sword techniques of these three sects measure up against each other? What were the differences among these techniques?

I think really hard so say basically i depends on who is fighting each other. Personally i think Mo Dong got the best sword techniques during HSDS, because C3F was still alive at during HSDS while Kwok Seung died a long time ago so maybe the most advanced Ngor Mei Kim fa got lost.

Tai Chi sword technique is the best in HSDS
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

It was mentioned that Mie Jue was such a fearful opponent because of the quality of the sword she had, rather than any particularly great swordplay. Kunlun Lianger Jianfa swordplay also only really became deadly when paired with Huashan's Reverse Lianger Daofa. Taijijian was good enough for the exponent to beat a very experienced opponent wielding a superior sword. I would say that Taijijian was the best of the three.

Weren't KunLun And HuaShan much older skools than the other 2? Did their martial arts stop getting better or the other 2 skools just had geniuses?
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Perhaps in GX generation, Ngormei's swordplay was awesome. Unfortunately Mie Jie Su Thay was sucks
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

How much older is Kun Lun compare to Wudang and E'mei anyway? Kun lun 3 Saint's sect can't be that much older right?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    How much older is Kun Lun compare to Wudang and E'mei anyway? Kun lun 3 Saint's sect can't be that much older right?
    I don't know how old the Kwun Lun 3 Saints were as individuals, but the Kwun Lun Sect was already several centuries old by the time of ROCH. It was up there with Shaolin, the Beggar's Union, and the Ming Cult for sheer longevity.

That Kun Lun 3 Saint was only 30 when he met 19 year old GX.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

The Kun Lun 3 Saints is 1 person...
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Isn't Hua shan also really old?? How come in SOD they seemed to be nothing compared with Shaolin or Mo Dong etc?
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Originally posted by kamii
    Isn't Hua shan also really old??
    Probably not, considering that Mt. Hua was the site of two major martial arts tournaments during the Northern Sung Dynasty (LOCH), and *nothing* was ever mentioned of a "Mt. Hua Sect" operating on said mountain at the time. If there were a Mt. Hua Sect, you'd think they'd at least send an observer for this major tournament being held on their turf.

I think the Mt. Hua Sect got started some time between ROCH and HSDS, and didn't become an important sect until after HSDS.