Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    But will we get it in North America?

If TVBI finally releases this...but *only* in China or the Far East market, I will be pissed off to no end.
    I'm pretty sure we'll see it here. It would just be insanely stupid for them not to. I mean I will still be able to get it either way, but for some ppl overseas, the only way to get this is online, so if TaiSeng doesn't release it, those ppl are out of luck. I personally will be getting the HK version no matter what. The Bund itself is worth the nicer box.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we'll see it here. It would just be insanely stupid for them not to.
    This *is* TVB we're talking about, almo. These guys wrote the book on "insanely stupid."

I mean I will still be able to get it either way, but for some ppl overseas, the only way to get this is online, so if TaiSeng doesn't release it, those ppl are out of luck.
    Any reason to think that TaiSeng wouldn't release it in Region 1?

I personally will be getting the HK version no matter what. The Bund itself is worth the nicer box.
    If worse comes to worse and TVBI really does something insanely stupid, can you hook me up with a copy when the time comes?

TaiSeng version are all region free. I have a couple of TaiSeng sets and they are all region.

If it does come to that bad situation, yes I can hook you up.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

I just finished watching Country Spirit on DVD. I didn't expect much out of it as I'm not a big Charmaine Sheh fan, but she really surprised me. I think she did a very good job in this series. TVB actually took some time to develop the characters. They also took 2 full episodes to wrap up the show instead of ur regular halfass last episode wrap up that usually sux.

The transfer itself was really good as expected from 2000+ releases. They actually went to China to shoot most of the exterior shots which added to the realism. The DVD menu was one of the really good menus from TVB. I've seen some pretty bad ones, but this one was special. We get the usual 2 trailers on the first and last disk. I definitely recommend this one on the buy it list.

Is the new adventures of chor lau heung 80s released on dvd yet?!

Quote Originally Posted by angelbabiie View Post
    Is the new adventures of chor lau heung 80s released on dvd yet?!
    sorry, nope...vcd only

Default Tai Seng TVB DVD issues and authenticity.

Hey guys,

Was wondering if you all can give me a hand. Just recently I ordered the US Tai Seng versions of 83 ROCH, 86 HSDS and 86 Duke of Mount Deer from Ebay off of a buyer called Franklin something. So far his service has been great. But I'm paranoid with getting fakes and would like to ask a few questions to compare with the versions u guys have.

All the boxes of mine open like a book, with another idential plastic box inside. There is also the Tai Seng logo engraved on the inside side panel of the plastic box. All these seems fine. However, my Duke of Mount Deer for the outside box, the top, right and bottom panels (where there's no words or anything) is black color or really really dark green. I remember my other friend's Taiseng version those areas were Gold color to match the rest of the outside box. For my HSDS and ROCH ones, the side panels of the outside box was a really deep purple. Can anyone else with the Tai Seng versions help me verify this? My biggest concern is the Duke of Mount Deer one being a different color. haha.. Are there any other ways to verify authenticity of the boxsets?

On a side note, I noticed that at the end of Episode 30 of Disc 8 of the '83 ROCH there's a slight skip/volume skip at the very end of that episode. This skip happens in the scene where Gwok was helping a pregnant Huang Rong to sit on the table. The short volume skip occurs right after Huang sits down and right before she says she's fine and that they better get out of here. After that the end credits come out. It seems like a layer switch and if it is, it's a pretty dumb place to put it. Can any with the Taiseng verions help me see if they have this short pause there?

Thanks for your help guys.

Franklin sells legit tai seng sets. I bought a couple off of him and they are good. The Duke of Mount Deer set seems kinda weird, but can you post pics so that we can see?

About the skip, I didn't remember anything about that.

Hi Almo,

Thx for the response. I don't have a way to connect my camera to the computer right now.. haha.. I'm really bad with computers. haha

But pretty much it's the outside magnetic box for Duke of Mount Deer. The top, bottom and right side panel (where there's no words on it) is black or very dark green for mine. Whereas for my friend's set also from Tai Seng, it's gold/yellow to match the rest of the box. Besides this, everything else looks the same. Except the cover the cover for my outside box is a "bit" lighter in color. But not by much. Is yours gold in those areas? Maybe it was just a different Tai Seng version?

I guess maybe my ROCH disc might be faulty then since you don't have that short pause/skip in that scene...

Thx bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric923 View Post
    Hi Almo,

Thx for the response. I don't have a way to connect my camera to the computer right now.. haha.. I'm really bad with computers. haha

But pretty much it's the outside magnetic box for Duke of Mount Deer. The top, bottom and right side panel (where there's no words on it) is black or very dark green for mine. Whereas for my friend's set also from Tai Seng, it's gold/yellow to match the rest of the box. Besides this, everything else looks the same. Except the cover the cover for my outside box is a "bit" lighter in color. But not by much. Is yours gold in those areas? Maybe it was just a different Tai Seng version?

I guess maybe my ROCH disc might be faulty then since you don't have that short pause/skip in that scene...

Thx bud.
    My set is different. My set is the HK version, so I don't have the plastic box you have. The outside box should be the same. I suspect that you might have a faded out box. Contact Franklin and see what he has to say about it. May you can get an exchange. This how my set looks:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4069/12112006045sg5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8413/12112006046gc9.jpg')
    Last edited by almo89; 12-05-07 at 10:11 PM.

Sup Almo,

I see you're from Vancouver as well. haha..

Thx for the pics. For LOCH 82 I have the HK TVBI versions and the packaging for those look like yours. But the rest I got the US Tai Seng ones I ordered from Franklin, which has a very different box. The US Tai Seng boxes is a total closed box from the outside. The front cover opens like the front page of a book.. or a box lid. The box design I got for the Tai Seng's are perfect. It's just the color of the top, right and bottom panels of the box being black for DOMD that kinda worries me. haha

I guess no one else has the Tai Seng versions for Duke of Mount Deer and Return of the Condor Heroes? I borrowed the HK TVB versions of ROCH and that skip/pause I mentioned only happened in my Tai Seng version.

Thx for the help bro.

Sup Almo,

I see you're from Vancouver as well. haha..

Thx for the pics. For LOCH 82 I have the HK TVBI versions and the packaging for those look like yours. But the rest I got the US Tai Seng ones I ordered from Franklin, which has a very different box. The US Tai Seng boxes is a total closed box from the outside. The front cover opens like the front page of a book.. or a box lid. The box design I got for the Tai Seng's are perfect. It's just the color of the top, right and bottom panels of the box being black for DOMD that kinda worries me. haha

I guess no one else has the Tai Seng versions for Duke of Mount Deer and Return of the Condor Heroes? I borrowed the HK TVB versions of ROCH and that skip/pause I mentioned only happened in my Tai Seng version.

Thx for the help bro.
    Ur from Vancity too? I actually live in Coquitlam. Where did you get ur HK TVBI versions? I dunno who else has the Tai Seng version of DOMD, but I think I know what you mean by the black panels on the box. That could be normal. I'm trying to picture that in my head and it looks legit in my head haha.

Hey man. I live in North Burnaby. Kinda close to SFU and Brentwood Mall. My TVBI version of LOCH 82 was a gift from a friend who went on a trip to HK. So this kinda forced me to buy the other series to collect. Only place I found in Greater Vancouver that still sold those classic TVB drama's on dvd was this place called MX2 in Lansedowne Mall in Richmond. But the TVBI versions are just so expensive so I decided to order the Tai Seng ones off Ebay. Since the discs for both versions should be exactly the same.

Below is a link to what the Tai Seng DOMD outside box looks like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HK-TVB-Drama-DVD...QQcmdZViewItem

It's a completely closed box, where the front cover opens like a lid. The sides of that box you don't see in the pic because of the angle, are the top, right side and bottom. These are the parts I'm talkingn about. haha. The one I got I got, those sides were a blackish color. Whereas my friend's Tai Seng ones, those sides are gold/yellow to match the front cover. The rest of the packaging looks the same though.

Hey man. I live in North Burnaby. Kinda close to SFU and Brentwood Mall. My TVBI version of LOCH 82 was a gift from a friend who went on a trip to HK. So this kinda forced me to buy the other series to collect. Only place I found in Greater Vancouver that still sold those classic TVB drama's on dvd was this place called MX2 in Lansedowne Mall in Richmond. But the TVBI versions are just so expensive so I decided to order the Tai Seng ones off Ebay. Since the discs for both versions should be exactly the same.

Below is a link to what the Tai Seng DOMD outside box looks like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HK-TVB-Drama-DVD...QQcmdZViewItem

It's a completely closed box, where the front cover opens like a lid. The sides of that box you don't see in the pic because of the angle, are the top, right side and bottom. These are the parts I'm talkingn about. haha. The one I got I got, those sides were a blackish color. Whereas my friend's Tai Seng ones, those sides are gold/yellow to match the front cover. The rest of the packaging looks the same though.
    Sweet. I work around there. I work at eBay and it's just a skytrain stop away from Brentwood.

All the Tai Seng DVD's use the same book cover box even for Jin Yong and special releases. HK TVBI uses a more special box for special releases like Jin Yong shows and Justice of Life.

I get all my stuff at MX2. MAL sells TVB stuff since they are one of the authorized dealer, but I hate the company with a passion. MX2 sells them for a pretty steep price, but still cheaper than MAL. I get them at MX2 cause I'm very picky with the boxes. Even though they are like 95 percent same for regular releases (not special releases), they still have those minor differences that bug me. I have Tai Seng version for Angels and Devils and From Act to Act. They also recently changed the DVD menus for Tai Seng DVD sets and man they look ugly haha.

The black panels ur talking about are probably just a different box they used. It's not unusual for that to be a different color. Like it could have been a different batch. Since u got it from Franklin, i'm pretty sure it's legit. I've watched this guy for a while and that guy has a lot of stock. He must have some deal with Tai Seng or some other dealer, so his stuff is the real deal.
    Last edited by almo89; 12-06-07 at 12:56 AM.

DVD NEWS ALERT:

畫出彩虹 (1984) Rainbow Round My Shoulder
    Release Date: Mid Feb 2008

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    DVD NEWS ALERT:

I remember this series. It was all right. Nothing spectacular, though.

Maggie Cheung looked great in this series, however.

I haven't seen this show b4, but I have seen the theme video on Youtube. Maggie Cheung does look pretty good in it. I don't think I'm getting it though. Hope they continue to release older shows though. I want Luk Siu Fung on DVD so badly. I have hunch that Alex Man's version will come out on DVD first b4 the Damien Lau version will see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    DVD NEWS ALERT:

The only thing I remember from this series is the themesong by Danny Chan Pak-keung... nice song it was too.

Just checked Yesasia though and available for pre-order..... The Legend of Lady Yeung 2000 starring Anne Heung and Kwong Wa.... Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Maz999 View Post
    The only thing I remember from this series is the themesong by Danny Chan Pak-keung... nice song it was too.

Just checked Yesasia though and available for pre-order..... The Legend of Lady Yeung 2000 starring Anne Heung and Kwong Wa.... Seriously...
    crap can't believe they are releasing that.

They haven`t released a good serie since The Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils. I want Hap Hak Hang, Two Most Honorable Knights and Police Cadet 1-3 released soon.