Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1978

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by taiseng View Post
    They are learning how to save disc recording 5+ episodes per disc. Tons of pixel and compression.
    I hate Taiseng for this .
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by taiseng View Post
    Taiseng SU_Ks

This Vietnamese owned company has been cheating customers for over 30 years. They are link to the Bay Area triads threatening any new video distributor from bidding and winning the TVB license. That is why Taiseng is running the video rental business for over 30 years over charging video stores and customers.

Taiseng is releasing more recent TVB series ranging from 2002-2008.

They must be desperate for money when tons of TVB video rental stores are closing down. When the video store closes down, Taiseng suffer from financial lost. No one will dare to open a new video store when we all know where to find TVB goodies right now...pay cable, tv, online.

Quality of the DVD

TVB use DVD-R disc on many TVB series containing 2 episodes. This include some of those mainland chinese tv series. The disc freezes in between. They must use cheap DVD disc and recording the disc way to FAST SPEED.

They are learning how to save disc recording 5+ episodes per disc. Tons of pixel and compression.

Some new series (non TVB) only cost $10.00, Mandarin version.

There is no way Taiseng, a gold digging company will lower the prices on DVDs. $10.00 tells us Taiseng must be desperate for cash when there are fewer TVB stores in town.

PLEASE BOYCOTT TAISENG, ASIAVIEW, EAST MEDIA PRODUCTS!!!

Cheap quality, high prices, not worth the money
    I think Taiseng is ok and you are being too harsh on them. It is true that they are compressing more eps on 1 disc, but the quality is still ok. Plus, the prices are a lot lower so I don't know what you mean about high prices. Their prices used to be a lot higher when they did not compress but now that they do compress their series more, the prices have been so much lower. I bought Xian Jian 3 for only around $17-18 dollars for the whole series so I was really happy about that. THe quality is pretty good too. I have noticed series are a lot cheaper in Chinese than Vietnamese though.
    Last edited by Trinie; 07-28-09 at 02:59 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Do you guys know of any online sites to purchase Heart of Greed or Moonlight Resonance that is not Region 3?

or any idea when YesAsia would release these? I trust YesAsia more than other dvd selling sites, but it seems like they're not going to release this anytime soon.

Default the romantic swordsman (1978 version)

to all loyal tvb series fans like me: pls help !!

does anyone know if there was any official dvd release for 1978 version of "the romantic swordsman" (main themesong sang by roman tam)

Quote Originally Posted by jungjen View Post
    to all loyal tvb series fans like me: pls help !!

does anyone know if there was any official dvd release for 1978 version of "the romantic swordsman" (main themesong sang by roman tam)
    No DVD, but the VCD was released some five years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    I'm not so sure about that, but Taiseng holds the US rights.
    Since Modern Audio's TVBI products cannot be sold in the US, that means Taiseng holds the sole distribution rights. They probably can release anything they want, since they have the TVB license.

I bought Modern Audio's (MA) dvd release of ROCH (andy and idy's version) a few years back. what is the difference between TS and MA release? i heard MA's version is not cut. can anyone confirm? i can't tell because i do not have the vhs tapes to compare to. thanks in advance
    Last edited by jungjen; 08-28-09 at 06:09 PM. Reason: need to add

Default i would love to buy but.......

Quote Originally Posted by atichart View Post
    the fearless duo dvd already released
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-fe...0-en/info.html
    its only currently available at their global site which "does NOT ship to US". when will fearless duo DVD be available on north american site?

Default IAM SOO STUCK

worried about shipping there,here iam going beseerked over getting even a glimplse of those ancient series.LOCH 83,dying to c all mui kui wai and barbrda youngs series together and dont know where to get them..can anyopne help me out!!!!!

its only currently available at their global site which "does NOT ship to US". when will fearless duo DVD be available on north american site?

signed sealed deliverd!!

hopefully i can get to c them!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chibimarukochan View Post
    If you're a big fan of all the past old tvb series, and hate to view them on low quality VCD format(with heavy editing) and really wish tvb could release them on DVD format (with full episodes and proper endings) Please could you help sign this petition for tvb to release them on DVD format. I signed it myself and hope that everyone who agrees with what they say in there should sign it. Please!!!

I appreciate your help!!![o

You only need to include ur name and e-mail adress:
    Sign the petition here

this year tvb rarely made 1980's series on dvd.
    why? so sad.

Default awww

even if i can get older ones.anyone!! old new doesnt matter!!

Quote Originally Posted by atichart View Post
    this year tvb rarely made 1980's series on dvd.
    why? so sad.

Anyone knows where I can buy the DVDs / VCDs for Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 1996 (Jackie Lui's version)? Thanks.
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking for more help!

Default another "tvb released DVD" question

hi fellow tvb fans,

good news....fearless duo is finally available at yesasia's north american site for preorder. However the bad news is, i noticed that the version there is different from the one at their global site. One has 3 dvds and the latter has 5 dvds. my question is: does anyone know how is picture quality on the 3 dvds version compared to the one w/ 5 dvds? Will they cut out the intro/opening themesong at the beginning of the chapter ?

Quote Originally Posted by abcd99 View Post
    Anyone knows where I can buy the DVDs / VCDs for Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 1996 (Jackie Lui's version)? Thanks.
    That's the rare holy grail of TVB series. There's a heavy demand for it amongst the hardcore wuxia fans but for some reason TVB thinks its not worth releasing and it remains ever elusive. They even skipped SOD 96 during the VCD era.

hi fellow tvb fans,

good news....fearless duo is finally available at yesasia's north american site for preorder. However the bad news is, i noticed that the version there is different from the one at their global site. One has 3 dvds and the latter has 5 dvds. my question is: does anyone know how is picture quality on the 3 dvds version compared to the one w/ 5 dvds? Will they cut out the intro/opening themesong at the beginning of the chapter ?
    I can't comment on quality comparisons netween the 2 versions, but I can tell you that:

The opening is present at the very beginning of the first episode on a disc, and the ending is present on the very last episode of the disc. Everything in between is cut , so that all you get when new episode starts is a freeze frame picture with the epsiode number on it. It then jumps right into the episode. - Sometimes there is a tiny recap of what just happened in the previous episode.

The picture quality isn't bad, it's just obvious that it's not been cleaned up like some of the other 80s TVB series that have come out. It is also not grainy, I think the low picture quality comes from the film stock used and the fact it hasn't been cleaned up at all. It is by no means bad or unwatchable. It's really good for its age IMO, but could have been cleaned up for an improvement I think.

The subtitles are kind of funny in the english translation sometimes (using current phrases), and there are a lot of lazy errors. Many times you will see no punctuation in a dialogue so that it looks something like -

"I can't believe you did that what I didn't" - which looks like a run on sentence when it should have been 3 different responses.
    "I can't believe you did that."
    "What?"
    "I didn't!"

- That wasn't a direct quote, but just an example of what happens when they don't use punctuation in the right spot or put each response on a different line.
    I have seen many worse translations, and it's still very understandable when you watch/read it. It's just obvious that the quality checker didn't pay as much attention to it as he/she should have.

I would much rather they keep translatiing them like this than none at all. - So it's not a bash on the translation quality at all. Just a heads up of what to expect when you watch it.

I also can't speak as to what was cut (or if anything was cut), since I never saw the original when it aired, or the VCD version.

If the choice is between the 2 versions, I would go with the 5 discs obviously, but the 3 disc is by no means horrible. It's defintely worth getting. Especially if the alternative it nothing at all. - It's only like 16 anyway which is crazy cheap for a 20ish epsiode series. I would have easily paid 20-30 and still think i got my money's worth.

Smile Next release

Does anyone know what the next TVB DVD release is -- I mean old TVB series (not current ones)?

Are there plans to release the uncut 65 episode version of Chor Lau Heung 1979 starring Adam Cheung on DVD?

Default blu-ray

When do you think TVB will go blu-ray?

Default Fearless Duo dvd

Thanks for your response panzer88. I bought the 3 disc US version of "fearless duo" dvd about two weeks ago for $16 (I couldn't resist any longer). You're right, this version is watchable. It is well worth it. I also got the yang's saga dvd (us version). FYI, the quality is pretty good too. Feels like I'm in heaven now.

Unhappy Hindi Dubbed DVDs

Hello TVB

we all are eagerly waiting for following TVB series in HINDI dubbed Language.. DVDs

1) The Blood Stained Intrigue
    2) The Legend of The Condor Heroes
    3) Land of The Condors
    4) The Other Side of The Horizon
    5) The Hunters Prey
    6) Brother Under The Skin
    7) The Zu Mountain Saga

please give Hindi dubbed dvds or start to air this program again in india
    Last edited by rocky007; 10-30-09 at 08:15 PM.

Default Legend of the Condor Heroes DVD (re-issue)

Hi. Does anyone know what is the content difference between this re-issue of the Legend of the Condor Heroes DVD by Tai Seng and the previous edition also by Tai Seng and TVBI? This new "新版" version has 8 DVDs compared to the previous release of 15 DVDs and is a tad cheaper.
    Last edited by kris2099; 10-24-09 at 08:17 PM. Reason: update