Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I, Robot

Default I, Robot

WHo's seen it???

Still not out yet (2more day to go in AUS)

Is it good??

it made 50+mil in the first wk.

Will Smith is da best actor man, he da bomb

Saw it on other media form

Anyways, if you are big Will Smith fan you wouldn't be disappoint, I wasn't anyways. Also if you are big into theory of logic thoughts this one is for you too.

I was disappoint by the story though... kind of seems unreal that Will have to fight all those robots.

Spoiler

And it only takes one bad robot to influence all bad robots. So takes the one down and all of them goes down
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

This movie is a typical Will Smith summer blockbuster following ID4, MIB, and MLB2. A lot of high quality blowing up stuff.

Storywise it's a fairly straightforward. Basically you have a detective who finds that robots are bad and everyone else thinks he's a lunatic. But he proves them wrong, etc. etc. etc...

I guess there should be a disclaimer for Asimov fans that the movie is only "suggested" by Issac Asimov. Other than incorporationg Asimov's 3 Laws of Robotics, and a few names, the movie has almost nothing to do with the book I, Robot.

Yes you are right about Asimov.'s work... but I thought they are going to have a twist to it.

Like having all the robots fighting human but one robot... the one that was put on arrest by Will for killing a human to come and rescue Will. But it didn't happen I was totally way off.

Also did anyone notice... there are a few movies now that Will Smith love interest in the movie is a cauasian women. I always found this interesting. Like MIB and I, Robot both futuristic movies too.
    Flame on I am gone...

Used to be a fan of Will Smith since his Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and then when during his meteoric rise with Bad Boys, Independence Day and MIB.

But after that, he made too many crap films for me to like him anymore. Wild Wild West, M2B, Bad Boys 2... *shudders*

The last good film starring Will Smith, for me, is Ali.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

I thought Ali was one role that wasn't really suited him... since he is known to be an action, comedy star... but it did show her acting range...

It was like Jim Carney when he turn serious to play a role in Majestic and it bombed...

Sometimes actors get stuck in their roles... for Will is usually comedic action stars.
    Flame on I am gone...

Yes, The Majestic bombed. But you forgot that his first foray to serious dramatic role is The Truman Show, which was a hit.

Hell, even now, people are still saying that one of 2004's best performances is his performance in Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

In the Truman Show role, I stlll remember many people who saw it consider or thought it was his comic role because he did a lot of facical expression using his famous elastic face to get some humor in that role.

I haven't seen eternal sunshine movie yet... but I heard that is also one of his serious film.
    Flame on I am gone...

Truman Show was basically more a drama than a comedy.

I mean, yeah, the sometimes, things were presented in a humourous way, but the whole thing was meant to be serious stuff. And it was basically the FILM itself that drew people in.

As for The Majestic and the Man In The Moon, both bombed, it's not that people resisted Jim Carrey's dramatic turn, it's just that the movie themselves ain't really mainstream.

And yeah, for me, The Majestic wasn't really a good movie, oversentimental and mushy, with that overwhelming sad music playing at every single thing. The only thing i liked about it was the last few parts (during the courtroom etc.), but those were manipulative too. Man In The Moon is basically a biopic, which really doesn't appeal to everybody.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is not for everybody too, that's why it's shown only in limited theatres. And Jim Carrey was practically very restrained in here, the quiet and serious guy (while the gal's the funny one) so if you people looooove him doing his rubber face, watch something.

Now, back to Will Smith, it's weird to think that the guy's been Oscar-nominated. Hm. It's hard to deny that he's a box-office draw, probably the biggest among all black actors. Well, let's see how Denzel Washington's Manchurian Candidate will look next week.
    Swifty, Writing

I heard the reason Will Smith is so succesful is because his fan base is both black and white (sorry to use the stereotype color thingy). While other black stars don't really have that strong of a cauasian support as him.

That is why you see Will Smith in roles where his female stars can be both black and white.
    Flame on I am gone...

but surprisingly the caucasian is not his love interest in here....just a friend....u see no love chemistry between them.....and i for one thought this movie was really good......i thought the effects were good....and the cars were SO cool.....dang....

but the date they had was hard to believe....common....robots walkin around like 30 years later and cars like that....i'd expect it to be like at least twice as long as that........or even a century.....

and amazingly.....my most favorite character was not the humans....but the unique robot sunny.....oh yeah.....the old scientist.....he's from Babe huh?

Yeah, James Cromwell.

But most reviews said the same, the robots are more outstanding than the human actors.
    Swifty, Writing

It was a decent movie. Not mind blowing but quite entertaining. The ending was woeful though. It seemed like such a cop out. The 'twist' is stupid. Another terminator/matrix story

Oh no! teh AI!! it gona cruaazy!!11 wat r dee odds!!! lol

Note to Will, a handshake with a robot does not equal answer for question
    can robots/ai be considered human
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

4 out 5

Entertaining, satisfying but typical ending. Unpredicted (for me) bad guy. I like Sunny he,he,he.. remind me of Data from Startrek Next Gen, goody2 robot.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I liked this movie. Very entertaining and good action. Of course you shouldn't expect any spectacular storyline when going to see these types of films. And I'm glad Sunny was a good robot!
    The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos

i really!!...want to watch it but been so busy lately!!!!....>.<
    Edison&Charlene4eva [J.A.E_U.T]

------>Edison&Charlene forum [join]<------

Originally posted by AngelC3P

but the date they had was hard to believe....common....robots walkin around like 30 years later and cars like that....i'd expect it to be like at least twice as long as that........or even a century.....
    The date is based on the book itself. Since Asimov wrote his short stories on the subject back in the 50s and 60s, his estimation on the date was more believable then. This is one area where the director should've probably made some changes.

Originally posted by babybunny
    I liked this movie. Very entertaining and good action. Of course you shouldn't expect any spectacular storyline when going to see these types of films. And I'm glad Sunny was a good robot!
    Agree with you
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

well,i think i robot was a great show.i like sunny so much...the way he blinked at will smith,so cute and adorable.........never thought that VICKI was the villian in da show.i wonder if our world is really going to be like that in the future,working hand by hand with robots
    When you're afraid to look ahead or behind,look beside you... i'll be there.............forever.........juz call my name.......n i'll be there

Talking

I saw this movie a week ago with my friend...it was AWESOME. I really loved the action and the mystery... Sonny was so cool, when he winked at Will as he held a gun to the doctor's head, I was like YES HE'S THE COOLEST.

One word: wickEd
    You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex...
    A stranger with your doorkey explaining that I am just visiting
    And I am finally seeing why I was the one worth leaving...