Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1137

Thread: NBA Discussion

Duncan is the man. Best big man in the league, I could write pages on what he does well.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

I think Garrett is better then Duncan right now... stats wise anyways... but Wolves aren't playing as a team while Spurs is... which make Duncan shine even brighter.

The all the great Power Fowards I still think is Malone The dirtiest player in the game
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    I think Garrett is better then Duncan right now... stats wise anyways... but Wolves aren't playing as a team while Spurs is... which make Duncan shine even brighter.

The all the great Power Fowards I still think is Malone The dirtiest player in the game
    KG puts up monster #s but TD and Shaq don't have to put up huge #s for their teams to win (plus he's playing ~5 mpg more). Most importantly they have rings and KG has only gotten out of the 1st round once.

Duncan is pretty young and already has a legit case for being the 'Greatest Power Forward of All Time'.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by spooks
    KG puts up monster #s but TD and Shaq don't have to put up huge #s for their teams to win (plus he's playing ~5 mpg more). Most importantly they have rings and KG has only gotten out of the 1st round once.

Duncan is pretty young and already has a legit case for being the 'Greatest Power Forward of All Time'.
    TD and KG are both 28 years old. Garnett went straight from high school to the NBA, takes a $100+ million contract and forces the NBA to put a cap on rookies.

Duncan goes to college, ended up POY twice, drafted number one and then make a mealsy few million thanks to the cap. But he ends up getting a set of gold rings that KG keeps talking about.

I wonder who got the better end of the stick?
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    I wonder who got the better end of the stick?
    I wouldn't mind being either. Both have benefitted from playing in the current era though, since in any other era they'd be centers, considering both of them are bigger tha David Robinson and Hakeem.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Atheleticism i think KG is better, he's definitively more versatile and there's not many 7' guys you can say that about. I really dont know how anyone can pick one player over the other, they're just both so good at what they do. But who's winning is a totally different question. Any one curious how KG does against Duncan careerwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    I wouldn't mind being either. Both have benefitted from playing in the current era though, since in any other era they'd be centers, considering both of them are bigger tha David Robinson and Hakeem.
    well, not nearly as much as Dirk N haha. god, 7 footers aren't suppose to shoot 3s. God? you there? 7 footers aren't suppose to shoot 3s are they?

well, not nearly as much as Dirk N haha. god, 7 footers aren't suppose to shoot 3s. God? you there? 7 footers aren't suppose to shoot 3s are they?
    But neither TD nor KG shoots 3s. So they don't fit into the Dirk category.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    But neither TD nor KG shoots 3s. So they don't fit into the Dirk category.

true but they can defend better and r more atheltic and more versatile, before this season dirk could'nt defend for shit. But i would pik kg over duncan becos kg is more versatile other than that factor of athelic ability both r comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n -
    true but they can defend better and r more atheltic and more versatile, before this season dirk could'nt defend for shit. But i would pik kg over duncan becos kg is more versatile other than that factor of athelic ability both r comparable.
    I'm talking about them being centers in any other era. It really doesn't matter if they are better defenders than Dirk, they'd still be centers. In fact, the only reason TD is playing PF is he joined the Spurs out of college.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I pick Duncan over Garnett. Garnett is statwise better, but how great his stats are, he's never gonna win an Championship and Duncan will. The Spurs key and role players aren't much better than those from the Wolves, but as team they are a lot better and Duncan makes his people around him much better then Garnett. My guesses are that Duncan will win the MVP again this year (except if the Suns continue playing this way, but today they lost to the Grizzlies and they will lose more.) But if I had to choose again today, i also shall consider Amare Stoudemire, He's gonna be a Beast in the next couple of years. And the greatest power forward of alltime is Karl Malone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hapo21
    And the greatest power forward of alltime is Karl Malone!!
    Duncan is only 27 by the time his career is over no doubt he'll go down as the greatest (PF).

Duncan's 7 years compared to Malone's 19 in terms of personal accomplishments (awards). Duncan already outshines Malone and he still has many years to play.

I pick Duncan over Garnett. Garnett is statwise better, but how great his stats are, he's never gonna win an Championship and Duncan will. The Spurs key and role players aren't much better than those from the Wolves, but as team they are a lot better and Duncan makes his people around him much better then Garnett. My guesses are that Duncan will win the MVP again this year (except if the Suns continue playing this way, but today they lost to the Grizzlies and they will lose more.) But if I had to choose again today, i also shall consider Amare Stoudemire, He's gonna be a Beast in the next couple of years. And the greatest power forward of alltime is Karl Malone!!
    Actually, the key and role players of the Spurs ARE much better than those from the Wolves.

They don't have aging has-beens demanding for higher pay to 'feed their family', throw a hissy fit, and skip media day.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Aging yes, quality i doubt. Spurs got ginobolini, parker, Barry nesterovic against sprewell, cassel, szezrbiak, olowokandi, hudson, doubt quality is much better

Duncan is only 27 by the time his career is over no doubt he'll go down as the greatest (PF).

Duncan's 7 years compared to Malone's 19 in terms of personal accomplishments (awards). Duncan already outshines Malone and he still has many years to play.
    In which way, the ring is the only thing. Stats are equal almost. The biggest difference are the games played and the power play from malone was legendary, duncan can't match that, only Amare. But i agree that Duncan is also one of a kind!

Aging yes, quality i doubt. Spurs got ginobolini, parker, Barry nesterovic against sprewell, cassel, szezrbiak, olowokandi, hudson, doubt quality is much better

Yes quality teammate is the same as well as coaching... but there are a few things I find that put Duncan in a better situation is better mentor (David Robinson - and what he did for Duncan making him as the go to guy instead of him whiich reward both of them 2 rings), a better team oriented teammates that try hards and never give up. Wolves have lots of talent but Sprewell have his share of problems in the past... Cassel too, Olowokandi doesn't try hard, Hudson wants to leave etc. You don't see that from the Spurs.
    Flame on I am gone...

Yes the championships is the only thing missing from Malone... but points wise I really don't think Duncan will eclipse Malone. Remember there is still a lot of time left for Duncan, he could be on the decline like many players did after they turn 30ish. Malone had a 18 good solid years and he played in a time where he had to face Jordan at his prime I doubt Duncan could win any championship if he had to face Jordan and his Bulls during their prime.
    Flame on I am gone...

Malone had a 18 good solid years and he played in a time where he had to face Jordan at his prime I doubt Duncan could win any championship if he had to face Jordan and his Bulls during their prime.
    You're confusing longevity for greatness. Props to him for playing at a high level for so long but imo Duncan is a better player.

Malone may be a better scorer statistically (playing with the best pure PG in history who had over 15K assists might have helped a wee bit )

The biggest difference are the games played and the power play from malone was legendary, duncan can't match that, only Amare.
    I don't get the reasoning behind this. Big deal Duncan isn't a power player but he's extremely effective in the post and with his back to the basket (lost art in this era) He gets around his defender, I don't care how he does it.

Besides we've only been talking about 1/2 the game so far. No on could argue that Malone is a better defender than Duncan.

oh man, lets not put olowokandi in dicussions about quality; every shot he's taken is like a team turnover

but i agree the two teams quality wise are (should) be about equal, slight edge to the Spurs for defense.

oh man, lets not put olowokandi in dicussions about quality; every shot he's taken is like a team turnover

but i agree the two teams quality wise are (should) be about equal, slight edge to the Spurs for defense.
    Slight edge? Sczerbiak, Hudson, and Cassell have no concept of defense. Sprewell back in the day was a good defender but has basically stopped trying at times. The edge on defense is decidedly one sided for the Spurs.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.