Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roundrobin - Long Huanyun & Lin Feng story

Default Roundrobin - Long Huanyun & Lin Feng story

Let's see if we're still interested. :-)

Here's the story before the crash. I didn't get to save the last few entries though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters

Li XunHuan: Dead by Bliss’ s hand at the age of 85

Sun XiaoHong: Mentioned

Lin ShiYin: Mentioned; maybe related to Long HuanYun

Shen Lang: Mentioned

Master Jing (WuMing?): Mentioned; He gave Li XunHuan the LianHua Compendium; Reasons unknown

Long HuanYun: Main hero; Introduced by Kyss; Age 15; Extremely handsome and smart; Could be serious and mature for his age at times; Polite and reasonable with other people but appearing to be cheeky and quick-tempered with Lin Feng; Could have basics of powerful kungfu based on the LianHua Compendium

Lin Feng: Main heroine; Introduced by CC; named by Kidd; Age 15; Very beautiful as she had Lin XianEr's face; Relations unclear yet; Very confident; A little rash; Mouthy; Streetsmart; Great with medicine; Unmatched lightness kungfu

YeYue Xue (MidnightMoon Snow) & 13 Assassins of the Midnight Breeze: Introduced by Bliss; Jiang Hu's infamous villains; YeYue Xue - age 19; heavenly beautiful and extremely twisted and vicious; Also a master of disguise. 13 assassins – all very dangerous; Poison Hand of Southern Isle and Golden Wind of the 13 assasins (dead) identified.

Xu Zhu: Lin Feng's medicine master; Introduced by Han Solo, top master of medicine, surpassing all the great doctors of Jiang Hu.

Divine Sage: Introduced by Kyss and CC; Mischevious old kungfu master; Master of Ah Huang

Ah Huang or Eight Huang or the Shadow: Introduced y Bliss; Disciple of Divine sage; skilled fighter; Lost an important map and his master’s manual to Long HuanYun and Lin Feng

Masked Girl: Introduced by CC; Name not revealed yet; Ugly with a burnt scar on her face; Could steal things without people noticing; Goes after Ah Huang’s map and manual; Reasons unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bee

It was a warm spring evening. An old farmer with white beard and hair was walking alone on a dusty road. In his arms was a lifeless body of his wife of fifty years. His eyes were dry. His face was grim. He arrived at the bank of a mountain creek where wild flowers grew. He buried the body of his wife there as he'd promised her before she died. Who would have thought this man used to be one of the most famous names in Jiang Hu. His name was indeed...

Bliss

His name was indeed ... Li XunHuan! The wrinkles on his face expressed the the sadness and conviction of his years. But, at least, she remained in his arms until the very last day. Just as he started to place her body into the ground, Li heard three pairs of footsteps charging him from behind. In a flash, three men drew their blades, but Li didn't bother to turn around.

"Old man, what do you think you're doing?! Take your hands off of her! She is not dead!" one of the voices said.

"You think you can fool us by faking her death?" a second voice said.

The third voice added, "We've been following you for quite some time now, you're outmatched 3-1, so just hand over the ..."

Bee

The third voice added, "We've been following you for quite some time now, you're outmatched 3-1, so just hand over the ... LianHua Compendium!

There was an eerie silence, the kind that could make a great man tremble. The sadness in the old man's eyes was suddenly replaced by something else.. coldness. But that coldness also disappeared in a flash. The old man Li faintly smiled and said, "The LianHua Compendium? What is it?"

"You decrepit old fool! Even if we don't know why, we know that Master Jing gave it to you before he took off to the West. And you don't even know what it is? Pfft!!" said one of the three.

Another voice chimed in, "It's one of the greatest martial arts manuals given to the famous Li family by the Great Master Shen Lang. Now..."

Rayon

Another voice chimed in, "It's one of the greatest martial arts manuals given to the famous Li family by the Great Master Shen Lang. Now...don't pretend you don't recognize it. Hand it over to us or face our three blades!"

In a flash, the three martial arts combatants adapted fighting stances, their bodies grouped tightly and limbs extended to the front to keep old man Li away in case he attacked.

Li XunHuan noticed their defensive positions and laughed, the sound resembling that of a bell tolling, clear and frosty so that even the trees ceased their graceful swaying to tremble as though in fear. "Ha! You dare challenge me and yet you stand there like babies without their mothers! I'd better teach you some manners!" And with that, the white-haired old man launched to attack, using his most deadly stance, the...

CCsakura

The well known dagger! Time seemed to freeze as the dagger soared through the air and then finally piercing the throat of one of the men. The other two looked at each other in shock they couldn’t believe what they had just witnessed, the dagger was faster than any weapon they had ever seen. Scared for their lives they suddenly dropped to their knees and begged for their lives. Li XunHun just gave them a bemused look and turned back to face the grave of his wife.

He heard the men behind him get up and start to run away then… silence. Li XunHun frowned he couldn’t even hear their footsteps anymore.

He turned around to see that there were now three bodies on the ground one with a dagger in is throat and the other two with shocked expressions on their faces.

Li XunHun looked surprised then turned back to his wife’s grave. He sighed and said to her tomb stone, “They might not be much company, but at least you won’t be lone--” He suddenly stopped in mid sentence...

kyss of the sword

"--it's very sad to be lonely, the dead are more fortunate then the living if they have someone to lie besides them while the living have no one to even walk beside them"
    LI xunhuan similed. "you right, being lonely is the most saddest thing in the world. if you alone, it's no difference then being in a grave." he slowly turned his head around. he saw a person standing there. at first he thought it was a woman then with shock realised it was a man. but a man like this was more rare then even something like the The LianHua Compendium. he was dressed in all white in simple cotton clothes but his manner was dignified and complelling. his skin was was fair with a hint tan from the sun, his hair shone silk fine black silk, long enough to fall just past his shoulders. his face may have been just the most perfect face he had ever seen, androgenous, yet masculine. and as li xunhuan stared,he realised this person was a youth of no more then 15 yrs of age.as the old grow older; they appreciate beauty less and value youth more, this person was blessed with both. li xunhuan let out a sigh. he thought to himself, " the ages have gone by, i have had a good life with no regrets but looking upon him, my heart feels some envy". he looked to the youth and said,"young man, i have come here to bury my wife and keep her company for my little remaining days. the world i have left behind, if there is some thing you have to ask, please do so".
    the youth stood there without saying anything. he had a slight smile on his face, but his eyes seemed troubled. an unbarable burden seemed to rest on his shoulders, finally he looked directly at li xunhuan and spoke. he said four words, " lin shiyin, dying, come".

CCsakura

Li XunHun’s eyes widened in surprise then he smiled, he was an old man with wrinkles all over his face and along mane of white hair. He wondered what Lin Shiyin would look like her in her old age how time had treated her beauty. He looked at the young handsome gentlemen and said, “You killed these men?”

The young man nodded, “They do not deserve to live, they are not worthy.”

“And who are you to decide who is and who is not worthy to live?” questioned young mischievous voice.

The young man looked shocked at the voice and for once lost his composure. Out of the bushes walked a young girl. She looked also about the age of 15, with cute long hair braided into two plaits, and pink rosy cheeks.

“You again?” The young man exclaimed. “What is it that you want?”

The young girl looked at him seriously and said…

Bee

The young girl looked at him seriously and said… "Oh, I don't want anything from you. We are just here to see the same person." She gave the old man Li a glance.

Li XunHuan looked at her young face. He knew he'd seen it before. Nobody could have forgotten the kind of beauty that killed many many men, not even after fifty years. Only that this time the face belonged to a teenage girl.

"You want the LianHua Compendium too?" The boy asked. His anger began to rise.

The girl looked at him and said, "Who wouldn't? But that's not what I'm here for today."

Then she turned to Li XunHuan and with a bright smile she said, "Great Master Li, I ...

Kidd

Then she turned to Li XunHuan and with a bright smile she said, "Great Master Li, I want to be your student".

Surprised by this unexpected turn of event, Li XunHuan and the youth could only look at the girl speechlessly.

The girl, seemingly unaware of the shock that she had caused or choosing to ignore it, then knelt down in front of Li XuanHuan, clasped her hands in respect and continued introducing herself, "Great Master Li, my name is Lin Feng [林楓/林枫]. I've always admired your great martial arts, especially your flying dagger skill. Please take me as your student. I'm very talented. You won't regret it."

Li XunHuan, regaining his composure ....

Bliss

Li XunHuan, regaining his composure, smiled at Lin Feng and replied, "Sorry young heroine Lin, but I have no desire to take another student."

The early Spring breeze blew through, leaves circled in the air.

Li XunHuan sensed something wrong, but in his old age, his reaction had become much slower than what it once was. But even if he was still 50 years younger, he probably couldn't have expected what happened next.

His wife's hand sprung to life! A dagger plunged into Li XunHuan's chest, blood gushed out in raging streams as he crumpled to the floor.

"You ... you're not ... XiaoHong ... I'm coming .. to join ... you ..." were Li's final words.

Those three men weren't lying, the person in Li's arms wasn't dead! But it wasn't Li's wife!

The killer ripped off her mask to reveal a picturesque face, eyes as wide as the moon, skin as white as snow. But as pretty as she looked, one couldn't help but feel a dark foreboding in her wicked smile.

Suddenly, thirteen figures appeared and surrounded them from all sides. They knelt down as the killer stood up proudly.

The young man and Lin Feng looked at each other in shock.

"To be able to switch places with the body of Master Li's wife without him noticing, one must have a frightening level of qinggong ... you must be Yeyue Xue (MidnightMoon Snow), and these must be the 13 Assassins of the Midnight Breeze (Ye Feng ShiSan ShaShou)." the young man said.

Lin Feng ran towards the young man, she knew that they had to stick together against these vicious killers ...

Bee

Lin Feng ran towards the young man, she knew that they had to stick together against these vicious killers ... otherwise, well.. there was no time to think about otherwise!

"That woman just killed Master Li!" Lin Feng shouted.

The young boy looked at her and frowned, "Yeah, I could see that."

"Do something, for heaven's sake!" She said in panic and instinctively moved a few more steps closer to the boy as that woman looked at her with an asinine smile.

Although his heart was thumping, the boy calmly said, "Very few people have a chance against YeYue Xue and the 13 assassins. They are the most twisted and cold-blooded of villains. And they want the LianHua Compendium. Now that we've witnessed YeYue Xue killing Master Li, she will kill us too. The witch and her assasssins won't want anybody to know they've got the Compendium."

"We aren't going to die. Let's go!" said Lin Feng. But as she grabbed his hand and started to run, a silver flash of ...

CCsakura

A silver flash was seen just before Lin Feng felt a painful stab in her arm. The young man looked at her and was about to stop, but Lin Feng pulled onto his hand and they both kept running.

After running for what seemed like eternity they finally stopped next to a waterfall, Lin Feng let go of the young gentleman’s hand and sat down heavily on a rock. The young man kneeled down next to her, he could see that her face was pale she had lost a lot of blood.

Lin Feng looked at the young man, “You need to help me wrap up my wound. If we keep running like this than they will be able to follow us from the blood trail.”

The young man nodded and pulled out a clean white cloth from inside his shirt, and started gently wrapping up her wound. When he finished she thanked him and asked, “So what’s your name anyway?”

Han Solo

........."Zhai Xia... Zhai Xia is Shen TianJun." replied the young man. Lin Feng stared in shock at him, "Jiu Zhou Wang Shen TianJun?". "It is indeed me." replied the young man humbly.

"But... but why didn't you do anything then?" cried Lin Feng, with tears streaming down her face.

Shen didn't deign to reply her, his face ashen, his eyes scanning around the area, and said "We need to leave HengShan immediately, it is neither safe nor wise to be here anymore."

"Why not?" Lin Feng asked again.....

Bliss

"Why not?" Lin Feng asked again, but then a look of bewilderment came over her as if she had just realized something. She turned to the young man and said, "Um ... if you're really the Lord of the Nine Provinces, you should at least be over a hundred years old. But from the looks of it, you look about the same age as me, and I'm CERTAIN that I'm not in my nineties ..."

Lin Feng knitted her brows and thought to herself, "This young man must either be pretending to be crazy or he really is crazy. Maybe Yeyue Xue scared him out of his wits."

"So ... Mr. Lord of the Nine Provinces ... " Lin Feng said.

"Mr. Lord of the Nine Provinces? How dare you call me a man! I'll have you know, I am the most beautiful woman in the martial-world ... Lin Xian..." the young man said but was suddenly interrupted mid-sentence.

*SMACK* Lin Feng's hand landed right across the young man's face.

"Don't you DARE MENTION THAT NAME! And stop playing around already! That blood-thirsty witch is right on our tails and you're here joking around like nothing's wrong!" Lin Feng berated him.

"To be chased around by an exquisite beauty like Yeyue Xue, why should I be in a rush to run away for? Hmm ... I wonder who I would choose if I had to take either one of you as my wife. I know, I'll have you both and the two of you can be like sisters! She looks two or three years older than you, so she'll be the elder sister and you can the the younger sister ..."

The young man wanted to start laughing but then realized the look of urgency on Lin Feng's face ...

Bee

The young man wanted to start laughing but then realized the look of urgency on Lin Feng's face ... He turned around and saw one of the assassins with two black iron claws flying towards them. What a ferocious lightness skill! This was of course the infamous villain "Poison Hand of the Southern Isle."

The young man put up a tight guard, using his body to shield Lin Feng's. The left claw was coming down on his forehead. He was about to use the "Spirit Holding Arms" stance his master taught him but suddenly was blinded by a wave of sand hitting his face. It was Lin Feng who bent down to scoop up the dirty sand and lashed it out, blinding both him and the enemy!

The claw came down and grazed his shoulder. A flush of who-know-what poison shot through his senses. Lin Feng didn't hesitate. She dragged him and they both started running. With burning eyes, the Poison Hand of the Southern Isle couldn't follow.

After running for a few miles, they stopped. Lin Feng let out a sigh of relief and said, "Whew, that was close!"

The boy gave her a tasteless smile and said...

CCsakura

The boy gave her a tasteless smile and said, “We have to keep running, the rest will catch up to us soon.”

He reached for her hand, but she jerked back, eyeing him. “Who are you really? How do I know that I can trust you? How do I know that you’re not one of them?”

“I won’t keep in suspense for much longer my name is Long Huanyun. And of course you can trust me I got poisoned too remember?”

Lin Feng ignored his wound and said, “Long Huanyun… never heard of you before!”

Long Huanyun smiled and said, “This is the first time that I have set foot in to the Jiang Hu, of course I haven’t heard of me.”

Lin Feng nodded and then looked at his wound. “So does it hurt? Here let me check it.”

They both sat down on a nearby rock and Lin Feng inspected Long Hunyun’s wound. “Oh, its poisoned. Does it feel numb or anything?”

Long Hunyun shook his head, “It hurt when the poison first entered my body, it was numb while we were running, now it seems that I’m okay.”

Lin Feng shook her head, “You can’t be fine, those weapons were drenched with poison because the attacker obviously wanted you to die, and those men were very skilled their poison must be very deadly… Here let me check your pulse.”

Lin Feng felt Long Yunhun pulse for a moment her eyes suddenly widened. “We have to take you to see my master straight away.”

Long Yunhun looked at her confused and asked, “Whatss wrong?”

Lin Feng looked at him tears coming to her eyes and said…

Kidd

Lin Feng looked at him tears coming to her eyes and said " You have been poisoned with the 'Seven Insects Seven Flowers' poison. It's a very deadly kind of poison because it was made of 7 types of poisonous insects and flowers. The combinations varied depending on the person who made the poison. It is very hard to get the exact antidote for the poison."

Long Huanyun looked at her in shock." It's all your fault", he shouted at her with anger, "I was going to use my 'Spirit Holding Arms' stance counter him. But you blinded me, causing me to get grazed by that claw. Now, I'm going to die, and it's all because of you!!!". Fear was clearly visible in Long Huanyun's eyes.

Lin Feng, filled with guilt, tried to calm him down, "I'm sorry. I was just trying to save you. Please come with me to see my master. He is very skilled in medicine. He might be able to help you. He has cured many people with terminal illnesses and deadly poisons before."

Hearing Lin Feng's master's great track record, Long Huanyun began to feel a bit more hopeful. "I guess this is the best course of action. All right, I'll go with you to meet your master." he replied her, hoping with all his heart that Lin Feng's master will be able to cure him.

Now that there was a glimmer of hope in sight, Long Huanyuan was able to ease his mind a little and think of other matters, and something suddenly piqued his curiosity. "Why do you still asked Master Li to be your master, if you already has a master? Isn't that unloyal to current your master?" he asked Lin Feng.

"My master is the master of medicine. Great Master Li is master of martial arts. That's different." said Lin Feng. "Furthermore, I've already told my master about it and he didn't mind at all", Lin Feng continued.

"What an unusual person. Even if I'm not poisoned, I would still like to meet unauthodox person," thought Long Huanyun.

"Who is your master?"....

Han Solo

LF: "His name is Xu Zhu."
    LHY: "I do not recognize this XZ at all. Are you sure that he is good?"
    LF: "He is better than good."
    LYH: "Better than Dr. Ping who kill one before saving one?"
    LF: "Better."
    LYH: "Better than Xue Divine Doctor who cured Madame Xiao from the great attendant buddha palm?"
    LYH: "Better than the stranger in the butterfly valley?"
    LYH: "Last question, better than Dr. Han Sao Lao who created unimaginable life resuscitation techniques?"
    LYH: "You sure, are we talking about the same guy who rescued princess xiang xiang by giving her the breath of life after she nearly drowned in the deserts?
    ..... The one who gave birth to the twins of madame guo in xiang yang by using the new caesarean section?..... and also he who managed to attach a new arm to the condor hero?"
    LYH: "Whatcha waiting for? Take me to him now please."

Bee

LYH: "Whatcha waiting for? Take me to him now please."

Then Long HuanYun and Lin Feng headed West to find Master Xu Zhu. The sun was disappearing behind the mountain and warm spring winds turned chilly. Little did the two people know that the venomous YeYue Xue was watching them fleeing from the dark distance.

"Mistress, we should go take care of them," One of the 13 assassins said.

Another one nodded, "They will cause us trouble! They might get away."

With a cold glint in her eyes, YeYue Xue said, "Nah, I want to play with them for now. Nobody I want to kill can live very long. And he's been poisoned with your 'Seven Insects Seven Flowers.' He'll die soon anyway."

"What about the girl?" The first voice asked.

YeYue Xue curved her lips into a witchy smile. "Even with her young age, she's very beautiful. I don't want her to grow up to be my competition. We'll get her after the boy is dead. She doesn't have any real martial skills. It will be as easy as killing babies with axes."

Back on the other side of the mountain, Long HuanYun and Lin Feng arrived at a deserted temple.

"Let's sleep here tonight. How are you feeling? said Lin Feng. She hugged herself as a cold breeze passed through them.

Long HuanYun's face was pale with a greenish tint but he joked, "I'm feeling very good. The poison is making me sweat. At least I don't have to worry I'll get cold tonight like you do!"

They opened the temple door and stepped inside.. just to see that there was someone sitting very still at the corner of the dirty and dusty hall. Lin Feng said...

CCsakura

Lin Feng said, “Oh there’s somebody already here, maybe we should try to find somewhere else…” and she turned around to leave.

Long HuanYun looked at her coolly and said, “We’re at the bottom of the mountain there’s no where else to go, and your freezing. I’m sure that this lady won’t have a problem sharing this large temple with us.”

It was indeed a lady, upon close inspection one could see that even in her older days she was still quite beautiful. She opened her mouth to speak, “Yes he’s right young lady I don’t mind sharing this temple with you for tonight please do come in.”

Lin Feng looked at Long HuanYun and made her way in with him slowly following behind. “Thank you.” She said to the old lady.

When they had both sat down Lin Feng looked over at the lady, and said, “May I ask for your name?”

The lady looked at Lin Feng hesitated then said, “My name is Sun XiaoHong.”

Not knowing the significance of the find Lin Feng continued to stare at the lady and said, “What are you doing here all alone?”

Sun XiaoHong sighed and continued, “I’m actually came here with my husband but when I woke up this morning he was gone and I was here all by myself.”

Lin Feng continued with her questions, “What are you and your husband doing here?”

Sun XiaoHong smiled gently and continued, “You are a very curious girl. Ever since the day my husband stepped away from the Jiang Hu we have been happily wondering all around the world seeing the sights. This mountain was where we planned to live till end of our days.”

Lin Feng nodded and was about to continue to ask another question but Long HuanYun cut her short. He too had a question. “Why aren’t you moving?”

Sun XiaoHong looked surprised and then smiled, “You are much more observant than your friend here. My pressure points have been sealed.”

Long HuanYun got up and was about to unseal her pressure points, but Lin Feng stopped him mid way. “Why are your pressure points sealed? Are you a bad person?”

Sun XiaoHong laughed, “A bad person is very unlikely to admit that they are bad. But I am not a bad person and I don’t know why my pressure points have been sealed.”

Lin Feng didn’t seem to be convinced, Long HuanYun also withdrew his hand, he felt something nagging him at the back of his head but he couldn’t quite place it. Then he suddenly remembered, “Your name was on the tombstone. Your Li XunHuan’s wife!” He quickly unsealed her pressure points. Sun XiaoHong’s body immediately slackened. It looked like she had been sitting like that for quite a while.

“So your Li XunHuan’s wife,” Lin Feng said slowly, glancing slightly at Long HuanYun. “Excuse us for a moment,” she said then dragged Long HuanYun outside. Once they were out of earshot she said…

Kyss

...shh", lin feng quickly looked around outside the temple to make sure they were alone. long huanyun stared at her turning her head left and right and trying to peer into every shadow. "we're alone, i'm sure no one would have followed us." lin feng retored,"you can never be sure, jiang hu is a visious place" suddenly turning to him,"why did you unseal her accupoins? what if she was lying to us?". long huanyun took a step back in suprise a her question and stammered,"ly..lying to us. why would she lie to us, she doesn't even know who we are. you really suspicious". "you're a real frog in a well, you don't know how deep the ocean is. li huanxun's wife was captured by YeYue Xue. if she was still alive, why would she be here all along and unguarded". long huanyun heart shook," you mean she's a fake. then is she one of 13 Assassins of the Midnight Breeze (Ye Feng ShiSan ShaShou)." with a trace of fear in her voice," maybe, we must be careful, ill we know the truth". long huanyun nodded and said"let's go in, don't let her think we suspicious" and walked back into the temple wih lin feng following.
    inside, sun xiaohong was still lying were hey left her. "madm li, sorry to keep you waiting. there's somehing we had to discuss". sun xiaohong didn' seemed to care, she was leaning on her side holding her lef ankle with one hand and had her other hand palm out, with the middle finger touching her thumb. she seemed to be channeling her qi to gather her strenght in a unique meditation position. long huanyun and lin feng glanced at each other. sun xiaohong was showing great trust by gathering her qi in front of them. if they slighty hit her at this moment, she could be injured internally from the interupted qi. suddenly, sun xiaohong opened her eyes and looked at long huanyun. "what tombstone did you mention? how did you know who my husband is? do you know where brother li is?.
    long huanyun throat went dry. he had to tell her about li huanxun's death. he opened his mouth but no sound came out. he was at a loss of words how to ell her. sun xiaohong looked intensly at him, his behaviour was suspicious to her in this sitution. lin feng broke he slience,"brother long, tell her. there's no point in holding this off..." she broke of halfway and jumped to her feet, shouting,"who's there?"
    a shadow fell from the ceiling above them, a flash of a blade heading straight for lin feng's head. long huanyun moved to his feet, but too slow with the poison in him. lin feng cried out,".ahh...

Bliss

A shadow fell from the ceiling above them, a flash of a blade heading straight for lin feng's head. Long HuanYun moved to his feet, but too slow with the poison in him. Lin Feng cried out,"Ahh..."

At the last second, Lin Feng saw a hand in the corner of her eye reach out and knock the shadow's elbow upwards just as the blade was about to strike her. The shadow leapt back two feet into a somersault and Sun XiaoHong did the same. Their eyes finally crossed, and at the same time, they both shouted out, "Jin Feng of the YeFeng Shisan Shashou! (Golden Wind of the Thirteen Assassins!).

The shadow's right hand shot out as its sword flew towards Sun XiaoHong's left shoulder. She turned her body at the last second and caught the shadow's arm with her left hand. The shadow, seeing its first strike thwarted, launched a finger from the left hand at one of the pressure points on Sun XiaoHong's shoulder. At the same time, Sun XiaoHong unleashed the same move! In an instant, they were both rendered motionless!

Long HuanYun had passed out by then, as Lin Feng looked on from the floor as the two fought. When they finally both sealed each other's pressure points, Sun XiaoHong regained her composure seeing that the situation was slowly coming under control.

Suddenly, the shadow shouted, "Young lady! That's not Madame Sun, that's Golden Wind or the Thirteen Assasins! I just sealed her pressure points, kill her now!"

"Miss Lin! Don't believe him! He just tried to kill you, HE'S Golden Wind of the Thirteen Assassins!" Sun XiaoHong cried out.

"I wasn't trying to kill you! I saw that imposter trying to launch a sneak attack on you so I dropped from the ceiling in hopes of diverting her attack!" the shadow said.

Lin Feng was finally able to catch a glimpse of the shadow that dropped down. He looked to be in his twenties, with broad shoulders and pronounced features on his face. In actuality, she had no idea who to believe. If only Lin Feng were more experienced, she would've known whether Golden Wind was supposed to be an elderly woman or a young man.

On the one hand, the young man did drop down from the ceiling first. But when Lin Feng retraced in her mind what had happened, she did notice that the old woman who claimed to be Sun XiaoHong managed to intercept his attack extremely quickly. Could it be that it was the old woman who was trying to attack her first and the young man had dropped down to save her?

Lin Feng didn't know who to believe, cold sweat gathered on her forehead ...

Kyss

"he,he,he, one fake, one real, can't tell, can' see, but divine sage can see all."
    lin feng, sun xiaohong and the mysterious man all gave a cry. the voice sounded clearly in the temple but here was no one in sight. lin feng shouted "who are you, a hero does his acts in daylight, a coward in shadows".
    the voice sounded inside the temple "no hero, no coward, no man, no spirit, no earth, no heaven, all is illusion, all is dharma, only divine sage can tell the truth."
    lin feng thought, "{is he talking abou who's really golden wind. but what if he's one of the 13assasins}. wha do you mean? show yourself or i'll get nasty".
    "ha,ha,ha,"the voice sounded behind her, she spun around in fright but there was no one in sight, "nasty,nasty, the shrew treats me so nasty, i won't give the shrew flowers and kisses anymore". the voice seemed to come from all over the temple, sometimes near, sometimes far, sometimes besides her or from one of the ohers. lin feng realised he was using an advanced form of ventriloquism. this takes a deep level of inner power, ten times greater then hers, to send your voice into a place and still hid your location. a icy shiver creapt into her heart. long huanyun looked unconsious and one of the other two persons in his temple is an enemy. she was in a difficul sitution. she wanted to flee but couldn't bear to leave long huanyun behind. gathering her courage, she called out " divine sage, if you are hear to do us a service, then please accept our gratitude in advance, if divine sage knows some insight into the identity of golden wind, please give us some advise".
    "ha,ha,ha,"the voice echoed, "little shrew, ask the two dummies, is golden wind a man or a woman, then you get your answer, ha,ha,ha".
    lin feng turned to the two immobile exponents, "is golden wind a man or a woman". she hough hat definatlly they would give different answers and that wouldn't help but she did it to humour the strange voice, but the answer she got was not the one she expected, they both said "a man".
    lin feng was shocked, if golden wind was a man, then definately i could only be the mysterious man, but why would he implicate himself. "ha,ha,ha, litle shrew, do you understand now". lin feng shook her head to imply that she didn't, then thought the voice wasn't inside the temple hall and wouldn't see it. but the divine sage spoke again,"stop shaking your head, little shrew, i explain to you", lin feng stopped and looked around again, wondering how he saw her. "ha,ha,ha, little shrew keeps running around, divine sage must smack her bottom to so she'll listen".thru angry at his words, lin feng immediately stood still, afraid that the divine sgae will appear and do just that, "divine sage, please give your advice, humble junior is listening." "ha,ha,ha, good shrew learns to listen, now you know golden wind is a man, but is sun xiaohong a woman. just touch her chest and you will know,ha,ha,ha".
    sun xiaohong shouted out," prevert sage, what kinds of prevert ideas are you saying. if i get free, then i'll.."
    "man touch woman, there's some fun, woman touch woman, nothing special, little shrew, go on".
    lin feng walked over to sun xiaohong, she reached out her hand and placed it over sun xiaohong's chest. she pressed down her hand and then jumped back,"she's a ....."

CCsakura

She pressed down her and then jumped back, “She’s a he!”

Lin Feng flinched as she heard Devine Sage laugh. “See little shrew, I helped you out of your fix, now I want you to do something for me in return.”

Lin Feng hesitated then thought to herself, what in the world does Devine Sage want from her? Surely someone as intelligent and skilled in martial arts as him could handle his own affairs. However he did help her and she needed to repay him. “What do you want me to do?” She said just talking to thin air; she still didn’t know where he was.

“Not so fast,” Devine Sage said. “Let’s deal with these two people first.”

“What should I do with them?” Lin Feng said eyeing the two immobilized people in front of her. She saw something move out of the corner of her eye and turned to see that Long HuanYun starting to regain consciousness. She ran over to him and helped him up.

Long HuanYun opened his eyes to the unusual scene, and looked at Lin Feng with a bewildered look on his face. “What’s happening?”

Lin Feng quickly told him the details then asked, “What should I do now?”

Long HuanYunn looked at her then said, “Ask them who they are?”

Lin Feng nodded and got up looked at the two immobile figures and asked, “So who are you people?”

Both yelled out at the same time, “I am the Golden Wind of the Thirteen Assassins.”

Lin Feng once again looked confused, she looked at Long HuanYun and said, “How are we supposed to tell.”

Long HuanYun shrugged his shoulders and said, “It doesn’t really matter who is who. I think that they will both have ill intentions for us anyway. So maybe you should just kill them both?”

“Kill them?” Lin Feng asked, “I’ve never killed anybody before.”

“Little shrew,” Devin sage’s vice echoed into the temple once more, “Why don’t you ask me to do it?”

Lin Feng smirked, “I wouldn’t want to owe you another favor.”

Devine Sage chuckled once again filling the room with his painful laughter. “Ah this I will do for nothing!”

Before Lin Feng could reply, a shadow blew past the two immobilized figures and disappeared once again.

Lin Feng looked to see what had happened but both figures looked as they were just a minute ago.

Long HuanYun walked over and placed their fingers under their noses. He looked at Lin Feng with a startled expression on his face, “They’re dead…”

Kidd

Long HuanYun walked over and placed their fingers under their noses. He looked at Lin Feng with a startled expression on his face, “They’re dead…”

Lin Feng and Long HuanYun stared at each other speechlessly, then looked around temple, carefully listening for any unusual noise. But, apart from the sound of crickets, everything was silent.

"Devine Sage, where are you?" called out Lin Feng. But only silence and the cricket noise answered her.

"What should we do now?" Lin Feng asked, looking at Long HuanYun.

"Let's unmask them," said Long HuanYun.

Kneeling down by the side of Madam Sun's corpse, Long HuanYun then carefully peeled the skin mask off the imposter's face. The imposter looked like a man in his thirties, but with fine delicate features.

"No wonder he can disguise as a woman so convincingly," thought Lin Feng,"What with the slender figure and delicate bones." "Have you seen him before" she asked Long HuanYun.

Long HuanYun hesitated for a while then replied to the negative "No, I've not seen him before."

"What are you doing now?" asked Long HuanYun, seeing that Lin Feng was busy searching the corpse garments.

"Searching for any thing useful. Might be able to be find the antidote for you too, since one of them will most probably be from the same gang and killed Master Li." replied Lin Feng, still busy searching.

"Well, be quick. We need to get out of here as soon as possible. I'll search the other corpse," said Long HuanYun.

They managed to find a bottle of pills and a gold tablet/badge with a cresent moon on it from the fake Madam Sun and a map and a manual from the shadow.

"I'll take this pills back to master to be tested," said Lin Feng pocketing the pills and tablet while Long HuanYun pocketed the map and the manual.

"Let's go," said Long HuanYun and pulled Lin Feng by the hand out of the temple.

Too busy running away, the two young people didn't notice a middle age man standing on a tree branch nearby looking down at them with twinkling eyes and a mischievous smile on his face...

Bee

Too busy running away, the two young people didn't notice a middle age man standing on a tree branch nearby looking down at them with twinkling eyes and a mischievous smile on his face... Suddenly he bellowed, "Get up, Ah Huang! I didn't hit you that hard."

The shadow lifted up his body and dusted himself. He quickly kowtowed to the older man and said, "Master, thank you for not letting that little miss kill both me and Golden Wind. Had she decided to follow the great advice of that young boy, surely you'd have been left with one less dumb disciple."

"I should have dealt with that sarcasm of yours long time ago." said Divine Sage with a frown. Then he ordered, "Now, follow them from afar and don't get spotted this time."

Ah Huang frowned back and asked, "Why do I have to follow them, sir?"

"You are indeed a dumb disciple. They took the Dragon Island map and my "Ten Heart Destroying Palms" manual from YOU. So now go! Go bring them back! And make sure the children don't get killed by YeYue Xue and the rest of her assassins." Divine Sage ordered a series of tasks.

Ah Huang thought, "Master bid me to do the impossibles. Well, getting the map and the manual back is not a big problem. But I doubt if I can hold my own against YeYue Xue, let alone protecting children!"

But he knew he couldn't win this argument with his mischevious master so he nodded and left.

-----------------------------------------------------

After running to exhaustion, Long HuanYun and Lin Feng stopped by a big tree. They dropped on the ground and fell asleep.

Nothing happened for the rest of the night. Morning came and they started heading West again. They walked and walked. Suddenly HuanYun stopped and tilted his head as if he was listening to the wind. Then he whispered, "We are not alone."

"Not again. I can't run anymore," groaned Lin Feng.

Long HuanYun called out, "Whoever you are, please come out!"

Before he could say anymore things, he smelled a whiff of fragrance in the air...

CCsakura

Before he could say anymore things, he smelled a whiff of fragrance in the air and started sneezing. “God that perfume’s strong!”

Lin Feng giggled and asked him, “Are you allergic?”

Long HuanYun, replied during sneezes, “No that’s just so strong?”

Lin Feng giggled and said, “No its not, I’m not sneezing. Your jus--” she stopped in mid sentence. Standing in front of them was a young maiden with her back facing them she stood still just staring out in front of her.

Long HuanYun held his breath and both he and Lin Feng just stared at her. They didn’t say anything either.

After some time the maiden finally turned back to them. They saw that her face was covered by a white cloth the only part of her face showing was her forehead eyes.

Lin Feng and Long HuanYun continued to just stare both were wondering what the other was thinking. This continued for a few minutes, but then Long HuanYun broke the silence with another one of his sneezes. Lin Feng turned away from the maiden and giggled. After his sneeze Long HuanYun continued to break the silence and said to the young maiden, “Is there something we can help you with?”

The young maiden looked at them for another moment then said, “There’s something that you two have that I need…”

Lin Feng and Long HuanYun waited for her to continue, then Long HuanYun sneezed then cried out impatiently, “Well then what is it?”

Lin Feng giggled at his rudeness; obviously the smell was seriously disturbing him.

The maiden hesitated then said, “From one of the bodies you obtained a manual and a map. I want you to give it me!”

Well that was blunt, Lin Feng thought, this girl was definitely not beating around the bush. “What’s so special about the manual and the map?”

“You don’t need to know that. If you and your friend want to live then just give it to me!”

Long HuanYun looked at each other in disbelief, they must be a magnet for trouble ever since they saw Li XunHuan died they have barely had a moment of peace!

A mischievous smile crossed Lin Feng’s face and she said, “Well we don’t want to give it to you! See give us everything that you got!”

Long HuanYun looked at her with disbelief, he was very injured and couldn’t even muster up the strength to walk let alone fight this maiden who seemed to have extremely good martial arts. And he doubted that Lin Feng had any martial arts at all the way that she had ran away from previous fights.

Before he could disagree the maiden started their way for someone who talked so slow she surely moved fast…

Han Solo

Before he could disagree the maiden started their way for someone who talked so slow she surely moved fast…

........... , so fast, that Long HuanYun had to start using his lightness kung fu to catch up to her. As he was struggling to do that, puffing and sweating, he wondered if he was that weak compared to Lin Feng, who merely look as if she was taking a stroll in a garden.

Little did he know that of all the lightness experts in the realm, apart ppl like LXF, Green Bat King, and CLX, there are few that could match up with Miss Lin when she started to use her real martial arts especially her lightness kung fu.

If not for being annoyed and subconsciously scared of the events that had happened literally like a flash of lighting, Lin Feng would not have used the rarely seen "Northen Gust of the winter"..................

Bee

If not for being annoyed and subconsciously scared of the events that had happened literally like a flash of lighting, Lin Feng would not have used the rarely seen "Northern Gust of the winter." This lightness skill was said to be lost for many many decades. And even then, only the "Eccentric Nun of the Cold West Mountain" had mastered it. She was slightly older than Li XunHuan so nobody really knew if she'd already passed away of old age.

With the "Northern Gust of the Winter" skill, Lin Feng's body shot into the sky as if she had wings on her feet and she fell down at an amazing speed to strike the girl with a mask in her face.

The girl in white dodged but still got what was equivalent to a hard slap. She was so lucky that Lin Feng, even with the best of lightness skills, was only fifteen and hadn't really cultivated powerful internal energy.

"Now leave us alone, will you?" shouted Lin Feng.

That girl was alarmed but she said, "Give me the map and the manual and you'll never see me again. You have no use for them!"

With a smirk on her face, Lin Feng dashed in again and this time she succeeded in pulling of the mask from that girl's face. Then she jokingly said, "Now, let's see that ugly face of yours!"

The warm wind blew and silence fell. That girl had a burnt scar on the right side of her face. She was indeed ugly.

It was Lin Feng's turn to be alarmed and.. embarassed. How on earth would she know what was behind that mask? Calling someone ugly when they really weren't was one thing but doing the same thing to an ugly girl was really cruel. Lin Feng berated herself inside.

The girl said nothing. There were glints of tears in her eyes before they quickly disappeared.

Long HuanYun was also uncomfortable so he did what he thought was best. He quickly stepped in and took the mask from Lin Feng's hand. Then he walked to the ugly girl and gently put it on her face. The girl looked at him with a strange expression. She simply said, "Thank you" and dashed away.

Then he turned to Lin Feng and said, "Hasn't anybody ever told you to keep your mouth shut? You.. Oh.. They're gone!"

"What are gone?" Lin Feng was confused.

Long HuanYun said, ...

Xiao Yu

Long HuanYun said, ...

"The manual and map! What else?"

"That slippery little eel," Lin Feng said, annoyed. Secretly, though, she was full of grudging admiration. "And there I was feeling so mean. I bet she stole them when you walked up to her to give back her mask." She eyed him playfully and said, "I'm sure you only had eyes for her pretty face, right?"

Long Huan Yun blushed a little. "She's gone now, so what can we do?" he said hastily, moving the conversation away from himself. "But you know, what you said to her was a bit much. 'People can stand death but not insults.' "

The masked girl having gone now, Lin Feng's attitude came rushing back with a vengeance. "Who asked her to try and scare those things from us? She got what was coming to her."

Huan Yun shrugged and winced. His wound wasn't getting any better. "Take our loss as just punishment then. Can we please hurry to see your Master? I'm kind of slowly dying here..."

At that moment, a dark shadow whipped past the two of them and they both jumped. Lin Feng felt a cold wind coming from behind and whirled around.

A pair of darts streaked towards the two of them like a pair of comets, shot from somewhere in the trees around them. A silver one was headed for her throat; a golden one for Huan Yun's forehead. Had she been fully prepared, the speed of her "Northern Gust of the Winter" could have possibly dodged them, but caught completely by surprise, Lin Feng could only stand dumbly in shock, cold sweat breaking out over her forehead.

At the same instant, a voice called, "Watch out!" from above their heads. Lin Feng looked up and saw the same shadow they had left for dead in the cave hanging out on a branch. Like a panther, the man launched himself down from the trees and knocked both Lin Feng and Long Huan Yun over, pushing them down and out of harm's way. All three landed in a tangled heap on the ground.

Lin Feng bounced up right away, and after dusting herself off, held fists (bao4 quan2) at the shadow.

"Thank you for saving us," she said, "but couldn't you have found a less crude way? A strange man throwing himself all over a girl; what's the world coming to?"

The shadow, aka Ah Huang, had pulled Long Huan Yun to his feet by now. "Are you all right?" he asked Huan Yun, who nodded. Lin Feng saw that Huan Yun had something silver glinting in his hand.

"What's that?" she asked him. He smiled a little and tossed it at her. She caught it and her mouth dropped open despite herself as she examined it.

"It's...the dart that was coming for me," she said, and looked quickly at him. "Did you catch the other one too?"

He shook his head. "With my shoulder hurt, I only had time to catch one."

A strange feeling swelled in Lin Feng's chest and for once she didn't know what to say.

Long Huan Yun had turned his attention to their savior. "Savior, who are you?" he asked Ah Huang. "Why did you save us?"

"I'm..."

KYSS

"i'm sorry to say that i'm not allowed to tell you beside's my name. i'm ah huang. also known as eight huang." ah huang said.
    "eight huang,"lin feng said,"how many of you are there, such a strange name."
    "i've just been called that for as long as i remember, there's no reason behind it",ah huang said,"just call me ah huang if you don't like it".
    "feng'er, he just saved us, do you really have to argue about his name. there's a more important matter to talk about."long huanyun said.
    lin feng looked at huanyun in suprise, it was the first time he called her with such familarity.blushing she said"if you want to ask him something, go ahead, you don't have to chide me in front of others, and when did i say you can call me so intimately. we're not related o.k."
    huanyun turned red in the face, he did not realise he called her so familiarily himself."sorry, it must be because of the poison."he said,trying not to think of why he really called her like that.
    ah huang sliently laughed to himself at these two young people, it has been a long while since he behaved liked that. he thought "both of them are young, they have no idea the heartaches fond feeling will bring", then for a moment a sad expression came over his face, as if a painfull memory suddenly came to his mind.neither huanyun nor feng'er saw his expression, both were busy looking at the ground in order not to let the other see their embarresment.
    huanyun turned to ah huang, "i don't know who you are, but you have helped us twice, so thank you, but we need to know why you are following us ".
    ah huang took a deep breath."i came after you because my master wanted me to take back the manual and map you took of me".
    lin feng gave a sour look, remembering the girl who stole the manual, giving a humph sound she said "we don't have the manual and map, a masked girl stole them from us just before you came."
    ah huang cried out, "what, they were stolen!! by who, i got to get them back or my master's going to kill me."he looked stricken as if his life hanged on the manual and map.
    hanyun said,"sorry we lost the manual and.. map, we'll help you get it back but, the .. girl.. we don't..."he fell to the ground. he heard lin feng screaming" long huanyun..."as the world turned black.

Han Solo

hanyun said,"sorry we lost the manual and.. map, we'll help you get it back but, the .. girl.. we don't..."he fell to the ground. he heard lin feng screaming" long huanyun..."as the world turned black...........

..............So black and cold, as if he had descended into the pits of hell.

A hell from his past.

A Cold hell.

Not your typical hell where at least you get some warmth.

A very cold hell.

A place where warmth is never present. A place populated by cold emotionless people.

In his delirious state, Long huan yun minds wander back to those days where his name was not huan yun.

In those days, his mother was a skimpy crying emotionless being.

His father was a cold drunkard, who oft times look as cold as a peice of mud frozen by winter.

And his martial arts destroyed almost forever by the so-called world's number one's dagger.

It was a hell.

A cold hell..............

Bliss

A cold hell ...

"HuanYun! HuanYun! Wake up!" Lin Feng cried desperately.

A voice came from the distance, "It's no use, the 'Seven Insects, Seven Flowers Poison' will slowly dissolve his mind. Before long, he'll go insane and be no different from a walking corpse ... heh heh heh ..."

Lin Feng and Ah Huang turned and saw who was speaking, both of them instantly froze still. Cold, glaring eyes that sparkled like snowflakes. Long, flowing black hair as fine as silk. A chilling voice that rang melodiously, both gut-wrenching and sweet as can be at the same time.

Yeyue Xue!

"You ..." Lin Feng was at a real loss for words. Yeyue Xue tended to have that effect on people, both male and female. Whether it was complete fright, swooning adulation, or both, it was up to you to decide.

"Villainous witch! Stand back! Once my master gets here, you're going to regret it!" Ah Huang shouted, but his voice was obviously quivering. He had heard his master mention this demoness before. She was rather new to jianghu, but during the last couple of years, everyone knew and feared the name Yeyue Xue. At such a young age, she had already shook the martial-world several times over. When she first appeared, Yeyue Xue went around and challenged 6 senior masters from the 6 Orthodox clans to life and death duels. In a mere span of 6 days, she managed to claim all 6 of their heads ...

"Are you trying to threaten me?" Yeyue Xue said as she shot a morbid glance at Ah Huang. By now, he was quite shook, but still too full of pride to show his fear.

"Kneel and beg, maybe I'll spare your life!" Yeyue Xue shouted, but she didn't even wait for a response. In a flash, her body shot forward and kicked the back of Ah Huang's two knees. Just as quickly, she returned to stand in front of him. Her speed was so frightening that to Lin Feng, it appeared as if Ah Huang had just willingly kneeled down!

"You ... witch ... I can't believe you killed the great Master Li just for his LianHua Compendium ..." Lin Feng shouted at her.

"What are you talking about? I've looked over that useless manual several times already. For the last 3 years I've lived with that old Li as his wife, there's not a secret of his that I haven't learned!" Yeyue Xue exclaimed proudly.

Lin Feng was overcome with shock over what she just heard. "I ... don't understand ... then why, why would you kill Great Master Li?"

"You really want to know? Then I'll tell you. I want every single famous name in wulin to die under my hands!" Yeyue Xue said.

"But if you've pretended to be his wife for all these years, then the real Old Ms. Sun is ..." Lin Feng said.

"You ask too many questions! And I've grown bored answering them, so shut up! I've decided that I want to let this one live ... so I'll be taking him with me!" Yeyue Xue said as she disappeared from sight. In the blink of an eye, Long HuanYun's body was gone as well.

"WAIT! NO! ..." Lin Feng cried. She stared into the distance as tears slowly formed in her eyes. Unknowingly, she had grown quite attached to Long HuanYun. Only now that he was taken away did she realize it. Ah Huang was still on his knees staring in disbelief. The both of them looked like they were in a daze, as if they couldn't believe what had just transpired was real. Yeyue Xue tended to have that effect on people ...

After a long while, the silence was finally broken when they heard an old voice chanting, "Amituofu ... Buddha be blessed." An old monk strolled by ....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's alll we've got left!
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 07-30-05 at 12:50 PM.

hey! I think theres more to this... not sure let me see if I can find my version. I reformatted my computer now I have no idea where all my old stuff is. Glad you started this thread again!

Damn I can't find it, I must of wiped it all off. Does anybody else have the later parts?

I know it sounds really mean to say this, but I'm kinda glad the last part is lost. I remember that before the crash, this story was left alone for a few days, with no one continueing the story. I try to think up a continuation, but it's just too hard to continue from where the previous part stop. I think many contributors feel the same way as the story has not been left alone this long before. Maybe they are all just busy. Dunno. Usually new parts are added farely quickly.

Haha, then we'll just add to what we've got here!!

A short one this time

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long while, the silence was finally broken when they heard an old voice chanting, "Amituofu ... Buddha be blessed." An old monk strolled by, with an iron staff in his right hand. His body was tall and lanky and his robe was ragged.

Lin Feng and Ah Huang looked at each other in surprise, both thinking, "Who is this old monk and what does he want?"

Lin Feng of course couldn't bear to keep her mouth shut and blurted out, "Who are you, sir? We don't have the Lianhua Compendium. And if you are looking for the map and the manual, they are all gone too!"

The old monk laughed and said, "My name is Meng Lingtu. I saw the infamous Yeyue Xue leaving with a young man so I came to investigate. I have no interest in worldly treasures by the way."

Ah Huang's jaws dropped open. He suddenly felt hot and cold at the same time and cried out, "The mad monk Meng Lingtu!"

"Who's the mad monk Meng Lingtu?" said Lin Feng cluelessly.

Ah Huang said...
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 07-07-05 at 09:29 PM.

Ah Huang said, “You seriously don’t know who the Mad Monk of Lingtu is?”.

Lin Feng replied, “Should I know of this man?”.

Just as Ah Huang was about to respond, they were interrupted by a loud laughter echoing in the distance. It appear to be coming from miles away. So it was obvious that this individual possessed excellent inner energy. Though this individual was still miles away, their voice could still be heard in the distance. So it was remarkable indeed.

Following the laughter the voice said, “Oh darling, where are you?”.

Only now did Ah Huang and Lin Feng realise that it was indeed the voice of a female that was echoing in the distance. But that voice now appeared much closer than before. Indicating that the mysterious female was travelling at great speed towards them.

“She must possess excellent lightness kung fu”, Ah Huang thought to himself as he peered into the distance, anticipating that someone would arrive shortly.

If the Mad Monk had been calm before, his face suddenly turned pale with fear. Sweat began to drip rapidly down his face as he gasped in horror, “Oh No! Not that dammed mad woman again! Can’t she leave me alone”.

Pointing his index finger towards Ah Huang and Lin Feng, the Mad Monk said, “You two didn’t see me!”.

The Mad Monk dashed off in some urgency without saying another word and disappeared out of sight within seconds, indicating that he too possessed excellent lightness kung fu. At this point neither Ah Huang nor Lin Feng knew exactly what to say or do. They were caught speechless by the events. But as they looked up they noticed a female racing towards them. She wore a flowing green dress with white trimmings. A small bamboo flute was strapped by the side of her waist.

To say that she was pretty, they could not say. For a golden masked hid the young lady’s face from view. Only the eyes and mouth were visible underneath the mask.

To say that she was thin, it was hard to tell. For the dress was rather large for a lady of her size, and was flowing in the wind.

To say that she was tall, she was not. Rather that she is as she was, and was what neither of them had expected.

“What connection does this young lady have with the Mad Monk”, Lin Feng thought inwardly. She smiled slightly upon remembering how the Mad Monk could be frightened off so easily by the young woman in green’s laughter alone. Being the inquisitive type, Lin Feng was going ask for this young lady’s name. But she was beaten to the punch, as the lady in green suddenly asked in a demanding tone, “Hey you two kids there! Did you see a strange monk pass this way?”.

She clenched her fists slightly as she said this. A look of determination was written on her face. On closer inspection one could notice that her green dress was slightly torn, weathered, and stained in mud. Indicating that she had journeyed for many days without rest. There was a touch of fierceness in her eyes. So Ah Huang and Lin Feng did not know what to make of her. Whether she was good or evil. And what her motivations were.

Not sure as to what she should say, Lin Feng replied, “….
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Long

Now we've got another crazy woman to add to our list

I'm liking Ah Huang more and more. I kinda have this weird idea of wanting him to have some romance with YeYue Xue. She is after all still a young girl and a romance with this 'twisted and vicious' girl will be interesting.

How old is Ah Huang actually?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    How old is Ah Huang actually?
    I like him too! I'm guessing he's in his 20s. (he called linfeng and huanyun children but he didn't sound too old)

Hey, the story's back...!

I'll try my hand at another section when I get a moment today. Glad someone kept a separate copy of it.

cool! keep up the good work guys! I'm a bit busy but I'll add whenever I can!

Not sure as to what she should say, Lin Feng said, "Strange monk? Do we look like the sort who keep tabs on passers-by?"

Ah Huang's eyes bulged, wondering what Lin Feng was up to. The masked woman did not look very forgiving at all. He thought, What are you doing? Do you want us to die? He continued to stare with wide eyes at Lin Feng.

Lin Feng for her part appeared unfazed and steadily returned the masked woman's gaze. The masked woman studied her for a moment, her eyes narrowing behind the slits of her mask. It was clear that Lin Feng's careless words did not sit too well on her, but she remained still, however.

A moment passed.

Beads of perspiration began forming on Ah Huang's forehead out of nervousness. He prepared his limbs in case the masked woman suddenly attacked. He wouldn't dare face her head on, not when he did not know just how high her level of kung fu was. But if he had to, then he would run away, grabbing Lin Feng with him.

But who would have thought that as he was thinking about escape the masked woman would suddenly chuckle softly, her lips curving like a flower in bloom? Her laughter was softly lilting, like a young girl's.

If Ah Huang's jaws had not been attached to his face, it would have ended up on the floor by then in his great shock.

Still chuckling, the masked woman said, "...
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Still chuckling, the masked woman said, "You look like a smart girl, if you tell me which direction that the monk went in I will spare your lives."

Lin Feng smiled, so the masked women could tell that she was lying, that means that she must have heard the short exchange between them and the old monk. She could certainly use this to her advantage.

"We can tell you the whereabouts of the monk, but you have to do something for me," Lin Feng said.

The masked women laughed, "You want me to do something for you? You just told me that you saw no monk, and now you are saying that you can tell me where he is, you think that I will believe you?"

Lin Feng smiled then said, "Fine then don't believe me." An with that she started turning away.

"Wait," the masked woman started.

Lin Feng smiled, she knew that this woman would not pass this chance to find the strange old monk. She knew that she was desperate, and Ling Feng was planning to use that to her advantage. She turned around and looked expectantly at the masked woman.

"I will do you one thing, if you can tell me the whereabouts of the monk..."

Lin Feng smiled, "I will tell his whereabout after you fulfill the task."

The masked woman suddenly looked enraged, the next thing they knew she had grabbed Lin Feng's arm and they both dissapeared, leaving Ah Huang just standing there staring at the empty spot where there had been two people standing just a few seconds ago...

Ok theres my part guys I hope its not too hard to continue with...

That was good
    I've gotta come up with something!

The masked woman suddenly looked enraged, the next thing they knew she had grabbed Lin Feng's arm and they both dissapeared, leaving Ah Huang just standing there staring at the empty spot where there had been two people standing just a few seconds ago...

Three days later..

It was dark, cold and damp.

Long Huanyun found himself in a bare bed. He opened his eyes. At first he couldn't see anything. Then his eyes started to adjust to the darkness around him.

He was in a room -- with one bed, one table and one chair.

He didn't know how he got here. The last thing he remembered was that he and Lin Feng, and that strange man named Ah Huang, had run into Yeyue Xue. And the poisons in his blood.. .. He'd fainted!

He sat up. Strange. His heart was beating normally. He no longer felt dizzy. The poisons were gone.

Delighted, he struggled to get out of the bed. Alas, he couldn't. One of his legs was chained to a bed post.

He calmed himself down and thought, "Yeyue Xue must have brought me here. What does she want? She probably doesn't want my life. Otherwise, she would have let me die from the poisons."

While still trying to analyze the situation, he heard the faint sounds of...

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 07-22-05 at 04:32 AM.

wow thats good i was wondering what was going to happen to him! lets hope someone else continues soo!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

.. a zither being played. long huanyun was puzzled. who ever could be playing the zither. then a thought struck him. could it be lin feng? using a skill he learned from his father, he dislocated the bones in his foot and removed his leg from the chain. then fixing his foot, he walked over to the door and opened it. he stepped out into a white hallway. the hall way seemed to strech out in both directions, there were colored lanterns hanging in both direction. as he closed the door behind him LHY exclaimed in shock.the door seemed to have disappered into the wall. then he realsed the wall and door were of the same color. looking around he realised the were other doors just like this all camoflouged to appear like the wall. what kind of place was he in? he begun to look for the person playing the zither.he followed the sounds as they lead him. little by little they grew louder.suddenly he stopped. the sounds were loudest here but he couldn't see anyone. he examined the walls for a door. as he pressed the walls, suddenly they gave way and he fell into a room. and what a room. it was decorated with the most expensive treasures. there were exquisite paintings and calligraphy all around. beautiful vases and precious jade were displayed on shelves. there was a huge ornate bed in the centre of the room and beyond flowing silk curtains covered the rest of the room. he could hear the musicion from behind the curtain hidden from his view. he walked over and parted the curtains. it was not lin feng. there seated behind a ebony table strumming a precious zither was Yeyue Xue. LHY put up his guard. "what do you want", he demanded, "where am i"...
    Last edited by kyss of the sword; 07-24-05 at 04:01 AM.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Yeyue Xue did not reply. she kept playing her zither as if she did not een know he was there. LHY was slightly puzzled. was she the one who saved him?why?what happened to lin feng? Yeyue Xue playing became very soft yet LHY could clearly hear her notes to hear. almost as if she was using her inner strenght to play. LHY was paying more attention to her playing, it was pleasing to his ears and he felt like he could listen to it forever.. "ah", he shouted and kicked the zither of the table. it broke it to fragments. Yeyue Xue did not seem to care that her precious zither was broken. instead she smiled. LHY shouted at her,"evil woman, you dare to try using the 'web of love, heartstings ensnare the heart skill' to manipulate me. forget it". Yeyue Xue smiled even more now, her face looked extremely ravishing."well done, you recognized the skill. i used it against the old fool li huanxun when ever he got suspicious. he never realised it. if the fool had read the LianHua Compendium, he might have realised it but he was too noble. you are not any less talented, definately worth staying by my side."
    LHY sneered," i'm sorry, but i've got better things to do then accompany you, why don't you find some old man who dosn't mind listen to you instead." and turned to leave.
    "not so easy"Yeyue Xue shouted as she leapt over the table with a palm strike. LHY trust his arm back without even looking back. as Yeyue Xue met his palm, he moved forward and flipped around and kicked back with his foot. "good, dragon shuns the pheonix, flips heaven and earth",Yeyue Xue named the move from theLianHua Compendium . then she leapt over the kick and turned three times as she fell towards LHY throwing several quick attacks. "tearful dragon, rain from heaven," LHY shouted as he moved back. that also was a move from LianHua Compendium. LHY and YYX atacked more firecely now. their skill originated fromthe same source. however thru LHY had learned the strong points of LianHua Compendium from his father and had learned more skills from his grandmother and teacher, he has not mastered them all. while YYX had focused mainly on
    LianHua Compendium and her inner power exceeded LHY by five years training. slowly she got the advantage after more then forty moves. LHY was breathing heavily by this point. he only just recovered from the poison and his inner strenght was running out. YYX laughed out loudly and made a fast dash to his right and then flipped over to his left with two kicks. he fell down as those blows landed. YYX hit the accupoint on his chest. all his inner power disappitated. LHY couldn't get up. YYX smiled down at him. "now are you going to serve me". "don't count..on it"LHY panted. iy will take sometime for his energy to regenarate itself.if YYX wanted to kill him now, he wouldn't be able to anything. YYX laughed charmingly at him."i can change your way, inside the palce of enchanment, no man can resist me". LHY weakly said" the palace of enchanment", he heard of it before, the infamous sudecturess of the past came from there but no one has heard of it in along time, "what do you mean resist you"..his voice broke away as YYX lifted him up onto the bed. she went took a cabinet and took out a jade bottle. she sat on the bed beside him. she opened the bottle and a sweet scent surronded them. she dipped her finger and smeared a liquid onto her lips, and put the bottle aside. "one touch of the elixer of love and you will lose your heart to me" she bent down and pressed her lips to his. LHY was shocked and flustered. he had never imagined she would do this. he was completely powerless to resist and slowly he felt a fire rise in him. he was a flame with disire. (my homage to gu long) YYX pulled away from him and laughed at him."tell me, do you want me," LHY bit his lips not to shout yes. "will you follow my orders", "NO, NO." but as the moments passed, the fire grew greater within him. LHY could barely remember who he was. his mind was clouded with desire. then he saw a face. a beautiful face. a face he can't stop thinking of. she came into his arms and he embraced her. he promised to do what she asked. he entered into a world of bliss he never expirenced before. a wonderful dream, then he called her name, "lin feng". a thunderous blow hit his face. he woke from his dream. he was on the bed with YYX. she was red with rage," you bas***d. how dare you think of her when you are with me."YYX got of the bed," i'm the first of the midnight breeze and i won't be insulted this way. what i want is mine and no one else may have what i want. i'll kill that bi**h linfeng". in a flash, she gathered her clothes and disappered out the room. LHY was trying to remember what happened. how did he end up in bed with YYX. then it came to him. a sick feeling of shame came into his gut. shaking it off, he put on his clothes and hurried out. he had to find lin feng before Yeyue Xue did....
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/