Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Huan Zhu Ge Ge III - The Plot

Default Huan Zhu Ge Ge III - The Plot

Qiong Yau sure gave a different twist to the HZGG III plot and I thought it'd be nice to have a thread just talking about the storyline instead of commenting on the new cast.

One scene still replays well in my mind, of Rong Mo Mo comforting Xiao Yan Zi when she was all upset and stuff... it was such a convincing scene, her being all motherly, and soothing XYZ in such a way that she has redeemed herself.

On the other hand, it is Zhi Hua's character which erks me right now... why on earth did QY have to introduce second wives into her already romantic-never-would-have-happened-in-real-life storyline anyway?! It does reveal another side of Wu Ah Ge though... something the Emperor had to face day in and out, the daily arguments between his wives (that of course weren't shown in the series but it's bound to happen) ...

zhi hua is extremely annoying, but sometimes you culdn't help but feel for her...
    i mean, being the secound wife is bad enough, what's worse is that yq doesn't even pay attention to her
    O mortals, what is love? that binds beyond life and death?

Originally posted by Xue Hua
    zhi hua is extremely annoying, but sometimes you culdn't help but feel for her...
    i mean, being the secound wife is bad enough, what's worse is that yq doesn't even pay attention to her
    Well, in the first place, Zhi Hua had the say over whether she wanted to marry Yong Qi or not... and the status, the titles, the man himself overwhelmed her. Yet, instead of entering the marriage with a open heart, ready to share, to not make a big deal out of her 'sacrifice'... she already had a motive behind everything she did even before she married YQ!

I guess that was what really annoyed me. If she wasn't ready to be 'sacrificed' in order to save XYZ's brother, then she shouldn't have agreed to the marriage in the first place.

It was her fault everybody turned against her... and YQ, IMO has been tolerant enough... and to the extent that he fell for her 'brilliant acting'. I thought she became offically the first wife when she gave birth to the son...

YQ did pay attention to her in the end...after all her wrong-doings... when saying goodbye.

Like you said though, I kinda felt for her... but all the things she had done overshadowed her devotion to YQ. I mean, who in the world knocks herself over when she's fully pregnant!?
    Last edited by d3bbie; 08-12-04 at 03:18 AM.

Originally posted by d3bbie
    Well, in the first place, Zhi Hua had the say over whether she wanted to marry Yong Qi or not... and the status, the titles, the man himself overwhelmed her. Yet, instead of entering the marriage with a open heart, ready to share, to not make a big deal out of her 'sacrifice'... she already had a motive behind everything she did even before she married YQ!

I guess that was what really annoyed me. If she wasn't ready to be 'sacrificed' in order to save XYZ's brother, then she shouldn't have agreed to the marriage in the first place.

It was her fault everybody turned against her... and YQ, IMO has been tolerant enough... and to the extent that he fell for her 'brilliant acting'. I thought she became offically the first wife when she gave birth to the son...

YQ did pay attention to her in the end...after all her wrong-doings... when saying goodbye.

Like you said though, I kinda felt for her... but all the things she had done overshadowed her devotion to YQ. I mean, who in the world knocks herself over when she's fully pregnant!?
    yea i totally agree with this...yea she did become the first wife after giving birth...
    but it also wouldn't make sense if she did sacrifice herself just for XZY's bro cuz she doesn't even know him...
    favorite series: twin of brothers, triumph in the skies, survivor's law, aqua heros, pearl princess 1/2/3, net deception, dreams of colour, my date with a vampire 1/2/3, ISWAK

Originally posted by kloey
    yea i totally agree with this...yea she did become the first wife after giving birth...
    but it also wouldn't make sense if she did sacrifice herself just for XZY's bro cuz she doesn't even know him...
    Yay! The HZGGIII discussion's revived. I haven't had the chance to discuss heaps on this series.

Kloey, I agree... if it were Qing Er's sacrificing herself for XYZ's brother, I would've believed her wholeheartedly. Yet, Zhi Hua does not seem like the person who would want to "sacrifice" herself if she doesn't have an advantage to doing so...

She wanted a place in YQ's heart... badly. Desperately...

ofcourse she did...he was going to be future king.....and he was like the perfect guy a girl in the ancient time could have...besides the fact that he was married...
    and also her parents were prob putting pressure on her too...like they only said yes to the marriage cuz the great queen said that she promises that she'll become queen...
    favorite series: twin of brothers, triumph in the skies, survivor's law, aqua heros, pearl princess 1/2/3, net deception, dreams of colour, my date with a vampire 1/2/3, ISWAK

ofcourse she did...he was going to be future king.....and he was like the perfect guy a girl in the ancient time could have...besides the fact that he was married...
    and also her parents were prob putting pressure on her too...like they only said yes to the marriage cuz the great queen said that she promises that she'll become queen...
    I guess Qing Er was much, much smarter then... when she chose not to stand in between Zi Wei and Er Kang, knowing that it would not only cause her pain but ZW and EK's too in the process... she saw how strong their love was and it would've been silly to even try break the two up...

Which was exactly what Zi Hua tried to do with YQ and XYZ... I couldn't stand what a hypocrite she was being! I mean if she was being evil straight out... I wouldn't have cursed her so badly but she did it behind everybody backs...

The Dowager Empress did promise her that she'll become the Empress... but for an 18 year old girl, that would've been such a funny ambition "I want to be an Empress when I grow up" *laughs* Yet... she saw it like THE thing to be, the position to be in... she thought that being Emperor would mean that Yong Qi would love her... did she not see enough of the current Empress being at the place she is now?!

Yet, she chose the same old route.

I enjoyed how things turned out between XYZ and the Empress as well as her maid though... it became very motherly, very thoughtful... very sweet. It was like they were repenting for all their mistakes... and treated XYZ as they would've treated their own daughters.

Originally posted by d3bbie
    I guess Qing Er was much, much smarter then... when she chose not to stand in between Zi Wei and Er Kang, knowing that it would not only cause her pain but ZW and EK's too in the process... she saw how strong their love was and it would've been silly to even try break the two up...

Which was exactly what Zi Hua tried to do with YQ and XYZ... I couldn't stand what a hypocrite she was being! I mean if she was being evil straight out... I wouldn't have cursed her so badly but she did it behind everybody backs...

The Dowager Empress did promise her that she'll become the Empress... but for an 18 year old girl, that would've been such a funny ambition "I want to be an Empress when I grow up" *laughs* Yet... she saw it like THE thing to be, the position to be in... she thought that being Emperor would mean that Yong Qi would love her... did she not see enough of the current Empress being at the place she is now?!

Yet, she chose the same old route.

I enjoyed how things turned out between XYZ and the Empress as well as her maid though... it became very motherly, very thoughtful... very sweet. It was like they were repenting for all their mistakes... and treated XYZ as they would've treated their own daughters.
    yea i loved that part....with the emperess teaching XYZ all the facts of life that she learned after so many years....
    i cry every time i see that scene...where XYZ says that the maid is like her mom....like how she imagined her mom to be....*sniff*

yea i loved that part....with the emperess teaching XYZ all the facts of life that she learned after so many years....
    i cry every time i see that scene...where XYZ says that the maid is like her mom....like how she imagined her mom to be....*sniff*
    *smiles*
    Yes, the Empress teaching XYZ to be patient... telling her how much YQ actually loves her...
    And then Rong Mo Mo combs her hair... covers her with blankets... after she ran in the rain...

At least not in HZGGIII... they become such nice people! Don't hate them at all anymore... whereas Zhi Hua regularly still gets on my nerves... especially when she goes calling XYZ "jie jie" in that voice of hers!

It was funny how when YQ came the next morning... and XYZ wanted to cut her hair... after convincing XYZ otherwise, YQ came... and she pretended to agree to cut her hair...

i never got this part...at the time when yung ma ma was getting the scissors out....she was smiling....was it cuz they were dull scissors and they didn't work? thats how i interpreted it...

and always wondered( i'm not mandarin...) what was XYZ saying towards the end ...- the composition of hers...that she wrote and sang in front of everyone...

i never got this part...at the time when yung ma ma was getting the scissors out....she was smiling....was it cuz they were dull scissors and they didn't work? thats how i interpreted it...

and always wondered( i'm not mandarin...) what was XYZ saying towards the end ...- the composition of hers...that she wrote and sang in front of everyone...
    Hey Kloey... no, I think she was smiling because she wanted to aggravate Wu Ah Ge further, i.e. playing with his emotions because she knew even before she started snipping, Wu Ah Ge would definitely stop her before she did it. It was a way to allow Xiao Yan Zi to see how much Wu Ah Ge cared.

Oohh... remember how XYZ throughout all three HZGGs ... that Chinese Idioms/Proverbs/Sayings have always been a major problem for her? She finally learnt a new way to understand and learn them... by singing them to a tune of a certain song. Is that what you wanted to know?

lol...no it wasn't...
    i wanted to know WHAT she was saying/singing.....

lol...no it wasn't...
    i wanted to know WHAT she was saying/singing.....
    Hey Kloey, ohh... haha. My command of the Chinese language doesn't go to the extent that I fully understand what she is saying.

Basically she was using the idioms and the meanings and relating them to Yong Qi, Er Kang, Zi Wei, Qing Er and Hsiao Jian.

Default hzgg 1/II and hzgg III

I had been reading the story of hzgg III and was disappointed with it. I don't want to go into the actor/actresses thing but I did think 1. If they couldn't get the original actors/actresses to be in HZGG 3, then they shouldn't call it HZGG III, or maybe 2. HZGG III should really be about their children's story..

Also I heard HZGG III was a real disappointment..the TVs reviews were low.

The reason is that HZGG I and II were succesful because of the actors/actresses..Vicki and Ruby and Alec Su and ChouJie was able to act in a way that gave HZGG a certain feeling to it. There was a certain funniest and feelings to the characters.

Because there was a change of characters in HZGG III, the feeling change. AFter all the new actresses/actors don't act the same--I'm not going to say which actors are better--it's subjective...but it's a fact that Leo Ku does not act the same way as Alec Su--nor does the new girl act the same as vicki--so that HZGG I and II feeling is gone in this new series.

Also, I didn't like the plot that much..I have to admit of all the HZGG I though the first was the funiiest0--it was onloy 20 chapters short and to the point. HZGGII was also good although it was 40 chapters--too long since some parts dragged alot. But between I and II the feelings that we had for XYZ and all the characters were the same..the love between them were the same. All the long in HZGG Alec was very much in love with XYZ--showed in his jealously and in their love scenes--(especially in HZGG he says" I swear upon my life and my dead mom's life that I will never force you to do anything again,, just promist never ot leave me again) HZGG I both of them "argued because of his Prince's "authority behavior"--that was transferred in HZGG II as well. But no matter how much they argued--the love was there and the innocense was there.

But in HZGG 3--that "first love" innoncense feeling disappeared. Yes at the end WuArGe still said he loved XYZ and gave up his title . Howeever, he still married the 2nd wife (even though it was forced out of trying to save XYZ and her brother.) However, even under his deep love for ZYX and that he didn't really love the 2nd wife, he still slept with her and concieved a child with her--I mean, if you really really just love one person, how can you have such an intimite physical relationship with another women--the plot was that he felt pity and duty to do so, but physically he still did that althoug hhe loved XYZ. To me, it's still being unfaithful.
    I don't think that they would ever happen in HZGG I and II--becuase the love between everyone was "innocent".And WuErGue had proved in HZGG II how much he loved XYZZ and they would have rather died than have another woman stand between them. I thought the love between ZhiWei and Er Kant was best kept in HZGG 3--even in HZGG he had the chance of marrying 2 wifes but he still loved ZHIWei only and didn't accept another woman "even since he was thankful to Qing Er" and if that happend between XYZ and WueGer in HZGG II the ywould do the same. Yet in HZGG a second women did stand between Wu Er Ger and XYZ in HZGG III

Hence, I was actually glad that Alec Su and Vicki didn't star in this HZGG III. Becuase that would be such a disappointment to see Alec Su sleeping with another women and holding another women's hand's and hugging another women besides Vicki. Since they didn't star in the movie the feelings for hte characters were different..so it really felt that HZGG III was really a different movie--just using the same character names.

As far as I'm concerned HZGG is really ended at HZGG II when they got married.

Besides, I have to ad--I really really like Alec Su's and vicki's acting and Ruby's abd Znou jie's acting to give that ditsy funny innocent feeling for HZGG.

HZGG III didn't have that same chemistry--it seemed like a typical Qiong Yao movie or seem like another Leo Ku QYSSM struggle between two women.

Hello Sufan!

I haven't revisited all three HZGG in awhile and it's great to see you reviving it! I was disappointed in the plot of HZGGIII at first. It annoyed me no end that my "hero" Wu Ah Ge would marry another woman, and he no longer becomes a one-woman-man, but I decided to give the third instalment and I was surprised.

I know Wu Ah Ge is no longer Alec Su... and Leo Ku had very big shoes to fill but once you leave that aside and sit back to enjoy the storyline, it becomes better. Just don't have too high hopes! Watching the whole series, you finally understand why WAG had to marry Zhi Hua... it wasn't because he desperately wanted her for her beauty, for her wit, for everything she is and XYZ isn't but because he loved XYZ... and would do anything and everything for her.

It was XYZ's brother's life at stake... and in order to free him, he had to marry Zhi Hua. He really didn't have a choice, because obviously XYZ would've begged him to do so despite the fact that it would mean sharing him with another woman. It becomes something that doesn't only involve the lives of XYZ and WAG but Xiao Jian as well.

At that point in time, it became the heroic thing to do. They had grown up, life was no longer about innocence, and love that involved only themselves. They each had family to think about... XYZ and her family's, WAG's and the whole Palace's. They had to protect, had to sacrifice, but beneath all that ... was still love. Granted, it was no longer all innocent and professing undying love promises... it no longer became a full-fledged fairytale.

WAG had to marry... he had to force himself to accept the unevitable. He would have a wife, later a son... and wife he didn't want in the first place but accepted because XYZ begged him to. He had a son... a son he didn't want in the first place as well! He didn't really have a choice, this time. He realised what he had to do as a Prince, first and foremost and as his father's son, second.

However, IF he had loved Zhi Hua more than XYZ... he would've been able to give her up once he found out about her family background and their wanting revenge on the Emperor. The scene which impressed me no ends... was when they all confronted the Emperor and Xiao Jian was ready to kill WAG... and XYZ tells him that he is all that she is... he had become her whole life and she would die without her. And WAG was ready to give up all responsibilities as a Prince, as his father's son, as a father to his son... to be with her.

Now, the Zi Wei and Er Kang scenes in HZGGIII drove me crazy! All that about Er Kang come back from the dead, going to see Zi Wei... him actually being in Burma with the Burmese Princess... him dying on the battlefield, getting addicted to marijuana, etc. became too much. One thing is for sure... if Er Kang did not find out that the Burmese Princess was a girl... and that she was really pretty (according to the storyline), he wouldn't have let her go... and let himself be "kidnapped" on the battlefield. It was in the third instalment where this couple lost their intelligence, lost their calmness, lost their wit...

So, in other words... if WAG and XYZ were already so embroiled in a complicated relationship, and ZW and EK were carrying on a relationship through "telepathy"...

Thank goodness for Xiao Jian and Qing Er!!!

If it weren't for their wit, their calming characteristics... their ability to use intelligence in the weirdest of moments, the other two couples would've died by now! Thank goodness for Qing Er, who analyses everything for WAG... reminds him of his and XYZ's love, reminds him that a lot of things can happen in the Palace, e.g. deliberately falling, pretending that giving birth nearly killed Zhi Hua....

And Xiao Jian... who realised EK couldn't have been dead... who helped XYZ realised how much she really loved WAG and like him, could sacrifice her entire life for him.

And so... we end the third instalment... Tian Shang Ren Jian.

And TSRJ really sums up the entire plot... like you, I do think HZGG II ended everything and HZGG was used as a base to build up TSRJ on.

*laughs* "another Leo Ku QSSYMM struggle between two women"... I like that! Although I am a huge fan of QSSYMMM....
    http://daybeel.blogspot.com
    http://daybee-e.blogspot.com

quite ok but the dull part most of the time xiao yanzi crying after zihua married to YQ, and ever since EK been 'missing', ZW keep crying and tinking of him, neglecting her child

i watched only a few glimpses of hzgg III, though i watched the first two series in full. so i can't comment much except the looks of the actors/actresses.

plus
    (1) this xiao jian looks more handsome
    (2) yongji also good-looking

minus
    (1) the new emperor not so elegant
    (2) rong mo mo does not look wicked enough
    (3) ching-er like aged a lot. not so sweet as hzgg II
    (4) this zhi wei not as pretty as ruby lin.

zhi hua is from the chen family? is she the bad one in this show? hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    (1) this xiao jian looks more handsome
    (2) yongji also good-looking
    This Xiao Jian is definitely more handsome and much more watchable than the guy who played him in HZGGII.

On Yong Qi, I'm afraid I'm a bit biased... hehe. I guess Alec and Leo appeal to different people in different ways.

zhi hua is from the chen family? is she the bad one in this show? hehe.
    Zhi Hua... is more than bad... she's absolutely wicked!

wicked?? OMG, my poor little swallow. sob sob sob. luckily i have no time to watch this show.

Quote Originally Posted by d3bbie
    Zhi Hua... is more than bad... she's absolutely wicked!

wicked?? OMG, my poor little swallow. sob sob sob. luckily i have no time to watch this show.
    Definitely poor little swallow... *laughs* I don't know whether to say you're lucky that you don't have time to plough (yes, PLOUGH) through this series...

Or you're not... because you'll miss all the drama.

Haha... it's a very tedious one... a lot of emotions involved. Would've loved to see the original cast in this one, because it requires a whole lot more than being able to act... and project your feelings onscreen.