Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black and White (Pi Zi Ying Xiong)

Default Black and White (Pi Zi Ying Xiong)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img2.cdn.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/8969ee41ebc6908522414d1978ff8d3e1223726927_full.jp g')

Don't know if anybody's watching this but this show is GOOD!!! My Zai Zai fever started rising again!
    Last edited by mikeey; 05-20-09 at 01:09 AM.
    TAIWANESE
    mike he
    vic zhou

TVB
    patrick tam
    moses chan
    charmaine sheh

KDRAMA
    lee wan
    jang hyuk
    kim bum
    shin dong wook
    song seung hun
    wonbin
    hyun bin
    im ju hwan
    kim tae hee
    sung yuri
    han ji hye

Very good series indeed! Girls are super cute and the action is fast paced. Wish they'd air more than 2 eps a week

i was wondering about this series.
    i wanted my dad to buy it in china lately but he said he couldnt find it anywhere

still not done airing in taiwan. thats why you cant find it yet.

such an interesting series!

aww man. i'll wait till it finishes airing to watch it. how much aired already?

There's 20 eps total, they're airing 2 a week. This week 13 and 14 will be out. You can stream all the episodes in HD, in case you can't wait another month.

Quote Originally Posted by Leontief View Post
    There's 20 eps total, they're airing 2 a week. This week 13 and 14 will be out. You can stream all the episodes in HD, in case you can't wait another month.
    haha ok thanks

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

This drama is really good. Its totally not like the usual idol drama. In fact, I don't see anything "idolish" about it, other than the fact that the main actors/actresses are idols. All the actions are cool. I bet they have a super big budget for this drama, to have produced it so well.
    The storyline is one of the best yet. And Vic's acting here is really very good. I like him much better here than even in Mars! The soundtracks are also incredible.
    So far, I can't find any fault with this drama.
    Last edited by f.alchemist_freak; 05-24-09 at 03:15 AM.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

It really is one of the tw best dramas to date. Although my favorite drama of Vic is still Mars. I agree that the quality of the drama is definitely very high in terms of acting, storyline, cinematogrpahy, effects, music etc. Although, I felt that it's more of a mystery/thriller type of drama than one that focuses on relationship/romance. And that's fine really. I read the budget for this drama is 48000000 NT which is roughly around 3 million usd. It's a lot for taiwan but not much at all in comparison with hollywood's films. Yet I do think that the action/effects doesn't fall short to hollywood movies.

I think that this is a very strong drama and a lot of it is attributed to the great acting by the casts. In here, Vic has a lot of layers, you see him as the playerboy, cowardice image and then you see him as a homeless, a heartbroken guy etc. I think the character really gives Vic he ability to showcast his talents and Vic is doing a great job so far.

Ying Xiong played by Mark, is a good character too although I don't think it's as hard to act. He's usually just very hot temper and implusive. He's a more direct character in comparison to Zai Tian. Although it is said that he will have other sides of him shown later on in the drama.

I guess the only character I really don't like in this drama is Chen Lin. She doesn't interest me and doesn't make me care for her much. Sometimes she's annoying too. haha I wonder who she would end up with.

I feel like they're sneaking in more and more drama. At the beginning of the series it was like 90% action, and now it feels like 50/50.

I guess the only character I really don't like in this drama is Chen Lin. She doesn't interest me and doesn't make me care for her much. Sometimes she's annoying too. haha I wonder who she would end up with.
    Chen Lin's real relationship with Pizi is pretty clear by now, isn't it? Unless there's yet another "twist" coming.

Btw, is it true that Black & White is the only mystery/thriller from Taiwan?

Don't know if this is the only mystery or suspense unless you count Pi Li M.I.T. series or other like solving cases kinda thing.

This series is so good! I enjoy it very much! You guys are right about Chen Lin... She is a bouncer and can't make up her mind between the two guys. My curiosity is who will Janice end up with? 0_0

Series will end next Saturday. So excited, yet sad it's gonna end.

I feel like they're sneaking in more and more drama. At the beginning of the series it was like 90% action, and now it feels like 50/50.
    So true!! at least i felt that way, and that's the boring part and ChenLin started to annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeey View Post
    Don't know if this is the only mystery or suspense unless you count Pi Li M.I.T. series or other like solving cases kinda thing.

This series is so good! I enjoy it very much! You guys are right about Chen Lin... She is a bouncer and can't make up her mind between the two guys. My curiosity is who will Janice end up with? 0_0

Series will end next Saturday. So excited, yet sad it's gonna end.
    I thought the writers were going crazy introducing new characters with 2 episodes left, but I think they actually changed it from 20 to 24 episodes total. So this should leave enough room to wrap everything up, because the plot is kind of convoluted as of now.

I believe there's 4 parties involved (疲子英雄/三联会/sarkozy/gov't?), and we're still not sure what the last 2 are actually doing.

BTW what do you guys think of the characters so far?

Vic's and Mark's roles actually fit into many American police movies, where there's 1 funny cop and 1 that does everything by the book.

The girls aren't actually that exciting, since Janine basically had 1 episode with more than 10 min of screen time, and Chen Lin is just mega-drama. Still very cute to look at though

I thought the writers were going crazy introducing new characters with 2 episodes left, but I think they actually changed it from 20 to 24 episodes total. So this should leave enough room to wrap everything up, because the plot is kind of convoluted as of now.

I believe there's 4 parties involved (疲子英雄/三联会/sarkozy/gov't?), and we're still not sure what the last 2 are actually doing.

BTW what do you guys think of the characters so far?

Vic's and Mark's roles actually fit into many American police movies, where there's 1 funny cop and 1 that does everything by the book.

The girls aren't actually that exciting, since Janine basically had 1 episode with more than 10 min of screen time, and Chen Lin is just mega-drama. Still very cute to look at though
    so the series isnt over yet then?

no i guess not which is a good thing. =)

Just saw ep 20. The twist was pretty ridiculous, I guess they wanted to sneak in another episode of drama

- edit: oh and it's definitely not over, should be 4 more eps to go

Just saw ep 20. The twist was pretty ridiculous, I guess they wanted to sneak in another episode of drama

- edit: oh and it's definitely not over, should be 4 more eps to go
    yeah they extended it to 24 episodes.

eps 21 and 22 were better than i expected. wowowow

and zhou xiao an is HOTT! is he really gay though?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeey View Post
    eps 21 and 22 were better than i expected. wowowow

and zhou xiao an is HOTT! is he really gay though?
    oh its out already? so the show's officially over? i'm gonna start watching now lol
    i'm glad to hear its good.
    who's zhao xiao an? is that a character or actor?

Yup 24th ep just came out. Ending was pretty good, everything was tied up well. Supposedly there's a movie version of B&W coming out next year.