Thread: Anybody read the Gulong comics by Chen Chok Wah?

Default Anybody read the Gulong comics by Chen Chok Wah?

The English translation is Warriors of Gu Long.But somehow everything is mixed up with a new story the artist invented.Ximen now has frosty freezing skills from his sword which are exagerated.He is also shown rescuing little dagger Li although I don't think they met in the novels.Luk Siu Fung joins forces with the bat character(name?) from Chor Lau Heong and Yip Goo Seng's brother in law is the one who wields the famous Crescent saber!

But I do like the new arrogance,overconfident dialogue and cockiness while fighting the artist gave Ximen.It's a real morale booster when you're feeing down.

Hey Mr. Mok, the story sounds interesting, where did you read this translations at?

I don't know what's the name in Chinese.But Warriors of Gu Long is the title of the comic book. Neat stuff.Can it be found in Hong Kong?I dunno

The next chapter sees the Crescent Saber warrior advising Yip Goo Seng to learn saber skills to hone his talents.YGS says he's not used to using sabers.So the Crescent guy tells him to learn from a Japanese warrior far far away.In the mean time,Luk Siu Fung has to rescue Ximen's sifu.Yeah!
    Last edited by Mr. Mok; 08-11-04 at 04:09 PM.

Are you talking about the comic book our fellow SPCNet member TigerWong mentioned some time ago in this thread Gu Long Comic Pics?

Yup.That's the one.So Yip Goo Seng's so-called brother in law is Ding Pang.Dunno why the translation called him Garuda(eagle) Ting.

And in the story Ximen's sifu is Yan Nan Ten from the Magnificent Twins story.Wonder if that makes any sense since I don' t think Ximen's kung fu is anything like Yan Nan Ten's
    Last edited by Mr. Mok; 08-13-04 at 10:58 AM.

Now, Ximen is ordered by Yan Nan Tien to learn the "Sword to West" from a Japanese knowns as "White Shirt Man". Well, I think that is not Bloody Shirt Man.
    Swordsmanship’s Ultimate Ideal

Swordsmanship’s first achievement is the unify of man and sword. Once this unity is attained, even a blade of grass can be a weapon

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart, when absent from one's hand. One can strike an enemy at 100 paces even with bare hands

Swordsmanship’s ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world

-Broken Sword- , Hero

That is not BloodShirt Man, he appears later... Are u guys reading translations? Because the ones I see seem to be way past that point.

Originally posted by TigerWong
    Are u guys reading translations?
    I would guess so, 'cause Garuda is either Indonesian language or Malay language

Originally posted by Mr. Mok
    ...called him Garuda(eagle) Ting.

I am reading the Malay version. Well, That White Shirt Hero is called Matzuki. Well, as for the Bloody Shirt Man, I dunno becoz I miss some issues. I began read from issue 12 and skipped 13. Later 14-26. And manage to grab 1-7.

Swordsmanship’s first achievement is the unify of man and sword. Once this unity is attained, even a blade of grass can be a weapon

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart, when absent from one's hand. One can strike an enemy at 100 paces even with bare hands

Swordsmanship’s ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world

-Broken Sword- , Hero

It's on Issue 74 already. The White Clothing Man comes from a Gu Long novel called Tale of Rinsing Flowers and Washing Swords. The Blood Shirt Man will appear later when the Green Dragon Society enters the story. I have posted a pic of him in the other link.

Green Dragon Society? Hmm... I remember watching a wuxia series titled "The Green Dragon Conspiracy" with David Chiang as the lead actor back in the 1980s. Don't know whether this is one of Gu Long's works or not.

Tiger Wong, can tell me what happen now during issue 74? Is Shenlang still on power and what about Ye Gucheng? Or maybe PM me if people here dun like spoilers

Thankz

-Broken Sword- , Hero