Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: The Movie

Default Transformers: The Movie

Ok, be warned, I may be speaking the language of the geezers and/or geeks when I refer to the Transformers...

I am a child of the 80's, and the TF's were huge back then. I used to love the show and the toys. I got jealous when rich little snots showed up in school with deluxe size metalic Dinobots. I never saw the movie as I was still in China at the time the movie came out.

I recently purchased online TF: The Movie, and I'm waiting for the tape to arrive.

Has anyone seen the movie? And does anyone even remember the Transformers? (The original ones, not the Beast War, Beast Machine, Armada spinoffs).

I still own a Beachcomber minibot toy and I have Breakdown (wrongly named DeadEnd, who's another Decepticon, on the box) and Bonecrusher, but other than that, I don't own any old toys of TF characters who were featured on the show.

Yeah I remember Transformers. I bought the movie on DVD back in 2000. It was a pretty good movie. Optimus dies in the movie.

Maybe u should download the new series of TF, Transformer Superlink. It is this year production... u can dl it from animesuki...
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

Yeah, my friends and I saw the movie at the theater when it was released (85/86?).

Sorry, but as I recall (and I only saw it once), it was crap! As fans of the TV series, we were disappointed with the movie. We were expecting much more from a big screen production. :\
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

I still have the video even though its cover is pretty worn but I was always obsessed with Transformers in my youth, the cartoon series, the toys, the comics, various merchandise, and the movie in particular.

Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime was my fav.

Anyone watch the movie that came after 'TF: The Movie'? The one where Optimus was revived to fight against some robot virus. Now that was a disappointment

I have that too. Its not exactly a movie, more like a two-part episode. But they still have that "I Got the Touch" song in it.

I too Remember being obsessed with Transformer toys and cartoons (along with Mask and He-man) as a kid. I think I was 12 when I saw the movie and I almost cried when Optimus Prime died.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite" (William Blake)

Transformers was and still is one of my favourite series ever. I remember watching the movie as a kid and thinking this was so cool since more transformers died in the first few minutes than the entire series up to that point. It's a pity the cartoon has stopped though and I dun really consider Beast Wars a suitable successor to the Autobots and Decepticons of old.

The comics were also very cool with lots of transformers biting the dust now and than. Perhaps it's interesting to point out that the Rodimus Prime story is an alternate time-line that was changed in the comics. Anyway, Transformers fans can check out the new comics by Dreamwave which I think do a great job bringing our favourite robots back to life.

The original die cast Transformer are worth a lot now.... I wish I kept some... but ya I think back then every kid love these things.

Also back to the movie... I heard they kill everyone except a few transformer... is that true?
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Originally posted by Dagger Lee
    Yeah I remember Transformers. I bought the movie on DVD back in 2000. It was a pretty good movie. Optimus dies in the movie.
    he dies? i never saw that movie but optimus was my favorite character...so paternal and such a good transformer. too bad he couldn't bring deceptacon to the good side.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Originally posted by James Ko
    The original die cast Transformer are worth a lot now.... I wish I kept some... but ya I think back then every kid love these things.

Also back to the movie... I heard they kill everyone except a few transformer... is that true?
    Generation 1 survivors:
    Autobots - Jazz, Bumblebee, Cliffhanger, the Dinobots, Perceptor, Blaster

Decepticons - Soundwave, Shockwave, the Constructicons, the Insecticons, Astrotrain

No one ever dies in the cartoon series. It must be traumatizing for 4 - 10 yr olds seeing their bots killed off so violently and tragically. The movie should've been rated R.
    Last edited by SkineePanda; 08-18-04 at 11:54 PM.

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Me Grimlock likes the movie.....me Grimlock loves Hot Rod and Optimus Prime !

I was crying my eyes out when Optimus Prime died !
    Cheers!!!!!!

Optimus Prime NEVER FORGET

Although they did bring him back later in the TV show since Rodimus sucked and would only whine and be sad about how much he sucked. But by then, the show was on decline anyways.

I always laugh when Galvatron just offs Starscream at the coronation. The only other thing I hold in the same regard is when Cobra Commander got mutated into a snake in the GI-Joe movie. He just slithered away and we never heard of him again.
    This sig is only temporary.

I never care for Optimus Prime maybe because he remind me of like a parent.... anyways I was a kid then

Anyways my favorite was always the Decepticons jets like Starscream, Dirge, Thundercracker, Ramjet, etc.... they always remind me of japenese marcoss and stuff...
    Flame on I am gone...

Talking Haha, eat your heart out!

I recently bought the Transformers Movie and the original TV-series on DVD in China. Great quality!

I also got myself Megatron, Starscream, Sixshot etc. Japan had Transformer toys re-issued, and I bought all Decepticons I could find in HK.

¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

I just saw the movie last night. I was disappointed. I thought it was pretty cheesy. I didn't like the new characters. Gimme more Op Prime, gimme more Megatron, gimme more Starscream! The movie was just a ploy to kill off old characters and create new ones to sell toys.

It's different as an adult to watch something you loved as a child.

I liked The Beast Wars, which was actually geared towards teens and young adults.

I bought a bunch of BW action figures on ebay around the turn of the century hehe. I went thru a TF nostalgic phase.

So is the original versions of the TF toys worth money? I see they don't go for much on EBay.

I would like to sell Beachcomber and Breakdown cuz they don't really do anything... the BW toys actually can be moved around and such because they have many pts of articulation. I have the giant crab from BW that can transform into a tank with rubber treads that actually work, that's cool. And the Optimal Optimus one can flash lights and fire projectiles and junk like that. The G1 toys just stand there.

Just wait for a couple more years when Transformer picks up again... I think is like a trend. So if you are collecting them, now is a great time because price is pretty reasonable.

Currently on ebay the figure you have don't sell for much.

I been looking out for a still in box Starscream for some time but haven't find it yet.
    Flame on I am gone...

Default Starscream in Box

To James Ko:

I've got 2 still in box Starscreams. You want one?
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

Default Re: Starscream in Box

Originally posted by Laviathan
    To James Ko:

I've got 2 still in box Starscreams. You want one?
    Normally we would both be ban for buying and selling stuff but o well... what series and edition are they?

Both die cast or plastic?
    Flame on I am gone...