Page 1 of 67 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Chan

Default Amy Chan

Very good actress and started out in ATV.

Seen her since I was young. Divorced with 2 sons.

Very pretty girl... not as glamours as some of the stars but pretty never less

But I always find her acting kind of wooden but yet I don't mind it...

and she has a really memoriable voice...
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Default more biography

Amy Chan: The Modern Working Woman
    Even though she was dubbed housewife-related nicknames, Amy Chan has the strength of a modern woman. This multi-faceted artist and actor starred in many television dramas, playing different roles and she is perhaps best known for them. As a singer of many theme songs for many television series, Amy's musical side is only seen as a supplement to her acting career. With music in heart at a young age, Amy was an accomplished grade eight pianist. When she participated in the RTV (ATV) TV Artists Training course in the late seventies, she scored the highest in the music field. Amy's albums were subsequently released from having opportunities to be a TV show host, starring in lead roles on television serials, as well as success from her television theme songs. One of the unique aspects of Amy's musical career was that in 1982, she signed a record contract with CBS/Sony Music while she was still a contracted singer for TVB. Nevertheless, Amy had success with a couple of her singles. At what appears to be the height of her independent musical career, Amy quit her profession to be a housewife. Her quiet life as a housewife did not last long as Amy bounced right back in the entertainment spotlight in 1990. From there, her success as a television actor gained so much popularity that when she signed a contract with ATV in 1995, as many as five record companies wanted to sign her for a record deal. Although Amy did not foresee herself as an artist, she released more albums after she signed with Polygram Records. Placing her acting career first, Amy's music is mostly likely heard as theme song television viewers sob or smile to in their thoughts

I don't really like her voice, though. She's not that good a singer.

Is it just me, or does she often work with Sheren Tang? They seem to play sisters or friends a lot, either in ATV or TVB productions.

Yea, she is really talented. Are you sure she is divorced? I thought she is married with a son?? Or did she remarry?I hope she continues to act and has a great life.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hi Ya All!!!!

I quite like Amy Chan, think she is a very good vetern artists. Ever since I first saw her as Moc Que Anh in Heroine of the Yangs, I've liked her. She really played that role well and fit so nice with Vincent Jiao!!! Such chemistry

Its been awhile since I've seen her, last time I saw her would probably be in Legendary Hung Man Tian. Too bad her role was a minor in there Well guest star I guess you could call it.

I like her singing though. Espically for HOTY. I didn't quite like the song Innocently Guilty though, there was some parts I thought was strange sounding. Maybe its just me
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

She was one of the highlighs of A Chinese Ghost story.........

she was alright in THe Yang Lady...
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Ah yes. Almost forgot about her performance in ACGS!!! Her role was quite small though But it was very significant. I really was touched during the motherly and son scenes taht Amy and Jason had When she was dieing, I was actually crying
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I have seen her in series since the 70s. She is really talented. I can't wait to see her in more series..... I really miss seeing her...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by Trinie
    I have seen her in series since the 70s. She is really talented. I can't wait to see her in more series..... I really miss seeing her...
    the 70'ss? OMG.. SHe is THAT old?

SHe is technically seperated with 2 sons. Her real life husband went to become a MONK. I seen her in MANY MANY shows & series in TVB & ATV.

She & Sheren have become GOOD friends after doing 1 of the dramas in ATV.

ATV is where she met her real life husband.

After her seperation she went to TVB and starred in the series where she got her famous nickname See Lai - Housewife.

My aunt use to live in the same building with her and she is around 45/46. (which is why I know her age)

I like Amy Chan and she has been around in acting with TVB & ATV for quite a while. So far I've only seen her TVB series like It Runs In A Family and File of Justice. But I prefer her in ATV series like Good Old Days, Fated Love and her recent one "Love In A Miracle", she paired with Steve Ma pretty well. A lot of viewers like to see them act together.

Gosh....I didn't know she is already 45 or 46!! On her latest ATV series "Love In A Miracle", she plays a bachelorette in her 20s and she still look young!

Her singing is not bad too, most of the ATV series that she stars on, she sang the theme song.

om369, thanks for some news about Amy since I can't find any.

Who is her real life husband?
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Default amy

i like amy in her TVB days.. and her her classic where she met her husband.. i thought her husband had come back into the limelight away from monasterys ..

..its crazy that ATV (not that i watch the channel) but hear that she plays a 20 ish year woman... so unreal

lets hope she returns to TVB

Originally posted by bubcas
    ......Gosh....I didn't know she is already 45 or 46!! On her latest ATV series "Love In A Miracle", she plays a bachelorette in her 20s and she still look young!
    Haha! Make-up can do wonders!
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

I thought that is just some chinese girls... they seems to no age.

I guess she is one of them.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Banned

What? Her husband divorce her and became a MONK? Where you get the INFO from? There got to be some proof, cuze it hard to believe, for what I know, I thought she marry and has a son too.

yeah, a amonk? Cause last time, i heard she was togehter wit her hubby doing charity work

and she is THAT ALLL!... maybe this was time for botox....

Originally posted by James Ko
    I thought that is just some chinese girls... they seems to no age.

I guess she is one of them.
    I agree. Most chinese girls don't look like their age.

I have never seen Amy in a TVB serie, at least one that I can remember I love her ATV series however!!! Wonderful job

Hehe, I did not know about her and Sheren Tang being so close friends!!! Thats awsome, hehe. They must have had a lot to chit chat about during ACGS then!!!

How is Love in a Miracle? Is this like the 2 or 3 serie that she stars with Steve Ma in? I remember another serie where they paired togehter. My mom watched the serei and really liked it. Me, no remember, lol.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddess!!

I believe Amy & Sheren became good friends when they acted in Good Old Days together when Sheren was with ATV.

Love in A Miracle? So far so good. I'm at episode 14 and it had 36 episodes. This will be Amy's 3rd ATV series paired with Steve Ma. Amy's character is typically like in Good Old Days and a little bit like Fated Love. She acted well in this series for her age as a young girl. She had kissing scenes with Steve too unlike TGOD & Fated Love. I better not get too detailed on the forum. One of the rare roles that I've seen on Amy!