Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Stairway to Heaven

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    I'm planning on watching this series in a couple of weeks. It'll be my first Korean series ever! I hope it's a good one to start with.
    Prepare for major annoyance of Choi Ji Woo. Bring a dish for drooling over Kwon San Woo's body!
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

I'm planning on watching this series in a couple of weeks. It'll be my first Korean series ever! I hope it's a good one to start with.
    Make sure you've a box of tissue handy! My sister told me she was crying her eyes out! But I didn't, I'm immuned to CJW's tears these day as a result of watching her previous series. Overall the it was a good series, the two male characters were really touchy, specially KSW tears!

Bring a dish for drooling over Kwon San Woo's body!
    Yeah, he got a really hot body, but his smile and wink got me everything !
    Cheers!!!!!!

Yes, this is a good one to start with. It's the K-drama. The plot is WLS/Beautiful Days/etc. all rolled into one. And, KSW is gorgeous!

CJW bawls, BTW. That's one of the minuses of this drama... but KSW is awfully touching

Have you started?

You guys have me all confused with the different initials you're using. You have to remember that I'm the newest of newbs to Korean series.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that so many people like this series. It's not all sappiness, is it, 'cause I'd like to watch some action as well.

No, I haven't started on it yet. Like I said before, in about two weeks I will. Right now I'm just familiarizing myself with the territory.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

You guys have me all confused with the different initials you're using. You have to remember that I'm the newest of newbs to Korean series.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that so many people like this series. It's not all sappiness, is it, 'cause I'd like to watch some action as well.
    No, I haven't started on it yet. Like I said before, in about two weeks I will. Right now I'm just familiarizing myself with the territory.
    So sorry Lady Zhuge!

KSW - Kwon Sang Woo (the main actor)
    CJW - Choi Ji Woo (the leading lady)
    WLS - Winter Love Song/Winter's Sonata (the K-drama hit series with Bae Yong Joon/Choi Ji Woo)
    Beautiful Days - starring Lee Byung Hun and Choi Jiwoo

STH (Stairway to Heaven) is pretty much "sappiness"...as you put it. It's definitely a good introduction to K-drama though, due to the cliche plot... each of these "ingredients" which make up STH is in most K-drama plots. But, despite the cliched plot, there is something about STH that makes you want to keep on watching even though you're ready to throw the remote control at the TV screen sometimes.

Lady Zhuge, the best way to start "familiarizing" yourself with the territory is by starting to watch STH... or other K-dramas.

On a side note: The only K-drama I thought wasn't all sappiness... with some action, at least is All In (Lee Byung Hun and Song Hae Gyo) Will let you know of some more if something comes to mind.

Or you can check out my review and also episode guide of this series before watching. You can go to my informational forum site.

Thanks a lot for the info, advice, and resources, guys. It's all much appreciated.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Just finished the series last night. . Can't help but wonder. If you were to craft a sequel to STH for the lonely Song-ju, how will you spin it? Having exhausted all the key ingredients of a typical K-drama in STH I, whether SBS writers can out-do themselves with a sequel

Originally posted by il_mare
    Just finished the series last night. . Can't help but wonder. If you were to craft a sequel to STH for the lonely Song-ju, how will you spin it? Having exhausted all the key ingredients of a typical K-drama in STH I, whether SBS writers can out-do themselves with a sequel
    Probably not. Angry crowd like myself will throw rocks at them for killing main actors and actress frequently and often to end the drama in unsucceful condition.

Probably not. Angry crowd like myself will throw rocks at them for killing main actors and actress frequently and often to end the drama in unsucceful condition.
    Yes you are right, come to think of it, they may just kill Song-ju in the sequel!!! That will be the last straw!!

It is better to start with something not too slow moving or sad
    ending drama, it may put you off.

I personally recommend the following :

1) Romance - Funny because of the Teacher action and the
    young version of Bae Yong Joon, cast by
    Kim Jae Won. The song also very nice

2) Hotelier - Cast by our love Bae Yong Joon

3) Winter Sonata - Also cast by Bae Yong Joon and CJW

4) Beautiful Days - My favourite because of CJW and LBH

The above 4 drama you must watch, very nice and have
    nice song too.

Enjoy
    Kathleen (Singapore)

Thanks for your recommendations, Lovewinter. I've actually had a change of plans in my Korean series viewing. I started off with Hotelier and am absolutely loving it. Now I'm also watching Endless Love, which is emotionally gutwrenching, but just too slow and sappy for my liking. I plan on watching Romance and Stairway to Heaven soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks for your recommendations, Lovewinter. I've actually had a change of plans in my Korean series viewing. I started off with Hotelier and am absolutely loving it. Now I'm also watching Endless Love, which is emotionally gutwrenching, but just too slow and sappy for my liking. I plan on watching Romance and Stairway to Heaven soon.

There are some good ones :

1) Four Sister - Big sister acted in Twin Brother and Sister
    third sister acted in All about Eve
    2) Wuri's Family - Kim Jae Won and Japanese lady acted in All-In
    3) My fair lady - story a bit copy the Japanese series about
    the lady who wants to marry a rich man
    4) Twin Brother and Sister
    5) Her House - because of this show, we know that Korean ppl
    have to take heavy breakfast, like rice with some
    dishes
    6) Since I Met You - Very funny
    7) Cat in the root
    8) Good Friend - Lead actress acted in Hotelier
    9) Guardian Angel - Lead actress acted in Endless love
    10) Glass Shoes
    11) Summer Scent
    12) Pa Pa - BYJ

Endless love is good in the beginning especially acted by the
    young girl. But ending no good.

Beautiful Days is very good and most of the people start to love LBH because of this show. I am sure you will also like it.

There are some good ones :

1) Four Sister - Big sister acted in Twin Brother and Sister
    third sister acted in All about Eve
    2) Wuri's Family - Kim Jae Won and Japanese lady acted in All-In
    3) My fair lady - story a bit copy the Japanese series about
    the lady who wants to marry a rich man
    4) Twin Brother and Sister
    5) Her House - because of this show, we know that Korean ppl
    have to take heavy breakfast, like rice with some
    dishes
    6) Since I Met You - Very funny
    7) Cat in the root
    8) Good Friend - Lead actress acted in Hotelier
    9) Guardian Angel - Lead actress acted in Endless love
    10) Glass Shoes
    11) Summer Scent
    12) Pa Pa - BYJ

Endless love is good in the beginning especially acted by the
    young girl. But ending no good.

Beautiful Days is very good and most of the people start to love LBH because of this show. I am sure you will also like it.

So enjoy and continue watching Korean drama.

We can talk about it after you have watch them.

I finally finished the episode guide! YAY! So who wants the spoiler of this series>?

Originally posted by Yon
    I finally finished the episode guide! YAY! So who wants the spoiler of this series>?
    I'm staying out of this thread until I watch STH, then (which will probably be after I finish Romance and Friends). I already know that it'll be a depressing series since the main girl dies, and I don't want to be spoiled on anything else just yet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I got the necklace, nice, but now end up in my drawer he,he,he.. I like the design and if I can I want to copy it with white gold.

anyway, for STH thought it's depressing, I didn't feel lost, cause I got to introduce to KSW opa, such a hottie he,he,he.. after seeing him in this series, I have seen My Tutor Friend and Into the Sun, I'm looking for his other movie called Make it Big starring SSH as well, but hasn't got it until now... oh well.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Originally posted by eeyore
    I got the necklace, nice, but now end up in my drawer he,he,he.. I like the design and if I can I want to copy it with white gold.

anyway, for STH thought it's depressing, I didn't feel lost, cause I got to introduce to KSW opa, such a hottie he,he,he.. after seeing him in this series, I have seen My Tutor Friend and Into the Sun, I'm looking for his other movie called Make it Big starring SSH as well, but hasn't got it until now... oh well.
    Me too! I have finished Into the Sun....not that good, but KSW was cute as ever...bot My Tutor Friend, but have not seen it yet....Can't wait for his new movie with Ha Ji Won!

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Originally posted by il_mare
    Me too! I have finished Into the Sun....not that good, but KSW was cute as ever...bot My Tutor Friend, but have not seen it yet....Can't wait for his new movie with Ha Ji Won!
    Yeah, "Into the Sun" wasn't that good, I didn't finish it, but My Tutor Friend was really funny, KSW and KNH are great in there ! I also like him in Valcano High!
    Cheers!!!!!!

Kwon Sang-woo was really good in My Tutor Friend, maybe because he had a very top-notch co-star. (I'm a big Kim Han-neul fan)

His new movie with Ha Ji-won shouldn't be too disappointing either. He has slightly longer hair in the new movie though... too bad. I prefer his look in My Tutor Friend the best.