Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US Open

Quote Originally Posted by susie
    yeah agassi...

how about the women's single? who will be the champion for this year?
    I'm rooting for Agassi too.

Since Venus, Serena, Henin-Hardenne and Mauresmo are all out, I think Davenport and Capriati are most likely to take the title.

haha, i'll be supporting Davenport!

Davenport is on fire. The only problem I can see is her footwork. If she can move better and chase more balls down, she should go all the way this time.

Andy Roddick is out. Thank god!

Men's semis:

Roger Federer v Tim Henman.
    Lleyton Hewitt v Joachim Johansson

Hewitt's sister Jaslyn is dating Johansson. Interesting.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny
    Andy Roddick is out. Thank god!
    Yeah, no more of that weird looking serve.

Men's semis:

Roger Federer v Tim Henman.
    Lleyton Hewitt v Joachim Johansson

Hewitt's sister Jaslyn is dating Johansson. Interesting.
    EVEN MORE close-ups of her! Yay!!!!
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Henman is in the semis. Who would have thought? Don't think he can take Federer down though.

Davenport lost! Agassi lost! Why is it that the veterans I root for always lose???

Hehe, they've been dating for almost five years. If Johansson isn't going to meet Hewitt next, the "news" will continue to be buried for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal
    Henman is in the semis. Who would have thought?

heh...i remember after Timmy managed to advance into the 2nd round of the French Open, I thought to myself "wow, he's through but no way he can win again in clay." And I kept saying that after every round until the semis. then i got excited and predicted that he might actually win the french before wimbledon but he lost that match.

he is better at hardcourts though and is having a good yr so won't be shocked if he wins. unlikely though...he has to come out firing and not let the awesome swiss dictate play

Its going to be Lleyton Hewitt all the way!!!!

that was an amazing though short women's single final match.... anybody watched it? i did though i was rooting for hte underdog. anyway, men's final tomorrow, wonder who'll win

Quote Originally Posted by spooks
    Early predictions anyone? I'll go conservative and say Federer from the top of the draw and Hewitt from the bottom.
    Oh yea. Who's the man?

My money is on Lleyton tomorrow.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Oh yea. Who's the man?

You the man!

I have the champion in mind, but I won't say it. Everybody I mentioned in this thread ended up losing.

Quote Originally Posted by freeverse
    that was an amazing though short women's single final match.... anybody watched it? i did though i was rooting for hte underdog. anyway, men's final tomorrow, wonder who'll win
    I watched it. Wouldn't really call it amazing. The third set of the semifinal between Dementieva and Capriati was more impressive. That 49-stroke rally took my breath away.

well, the aussie commentators mentioned that he is playing his best tennis in 2-3 years or possibly his career but imo, if both play at their best level, the fed express should win.

oh wow!! its 2 games into the 2nd set and hewitt has not won a game yet. i said it before and i'll say it again federer is, by far the most talented player in his generation. some of his shots were amazing and he didn't seemed to break a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    oh wow!! its 2 games into the 2nd set and hewitt has not won a game yet. i said it before and i'll say it again federer is, by far the most talented player in his generation. some of his shots were amazing and he didn't seemed to break a sweat.
    I'm watching it with frustration. Hewitt, come on, you can do better than that!!! Federer is great, but at least make him EARN another title...

I'm watching it with frustration. Hewitt, come on, you can do better than that!!! Federer is great, but at least make him EARN another title...
    6-0, 7-6, 6-0

Guess Federer got distracted in the second set.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    6-0, 7-6, 6-0
    Easily the ugliest score I've seen in a grand slam final... Hewitt totally let me down.

Ideally, this match should be a classic five-setter, with lots of eye-popping shots and incredible rallies. What do we get? Two bagels.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Guess Federer got distracted in the second set.
    Yes, Federer is great, but when you put it that way, it's not very fair to other players. It sounds like Federer can bagel others as long as he isn't distracted.

Easily the ugliest score I've seen in a grand slam final.
    Nah, not really. 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 would have been ugly.

Ideally, this match should be a classic five-setter, with lots of eye-popping shots and incredible rallies. What do we get? Two bagels. .
    Well, maybe it's just me, but I never thought Hewitt was capable of drawing Federer beyond a fourth set at the very most, and Federer was just too consummate a player to let himself go two sets down for a five-setter (considering the form he's been in all year). I was a mite surprised by the two 6-0 sets, but I can't say I'm that shocked.

Yes, Federer is great, but when you put it that way, it's not very fair to other players. It sounds like Federer can bagel others as long as he isn't distracted.
    Well, at least Federer's play is eminently more entertaining than Pete Sampras'.
    玉木宏

blog

Nah, not really. 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 would have been ugly.
    Hehe, but a score containing two big fat bagels is easily the ugliest I have actually seen in a grand slam final.

Well, maybe it's just me, but I never thought Hewitt was capable of drawing Federer beyond a fourth set at the very most, and Federer was just too consummate a player to let himself go two sets down for a five-setter (considering the form he's been in all year). I was a mite surprised by the two 6-0 sets, but I can't say I'm that shocked.
    Hewitt's most impressive characteristic is his tenacity. He barely put up a fight today. If he had been the usual Hewitt on court, a five-setter was likely.

Well, at least Federer's play is eminently more entertaining than Pete Sampras'.
    I agree. Your game can only be so entertaining if you are a serve-and-volley player.

Easily the ugliest score I've seen in a grand slam final... Hewitt totally let me down.

Ideally, this match should be a classic five-setter, with lots of eye-popping shots and incredible rallies. What do we get? Two bagels.

As a former fan of hewitt, i feel for you but as a fan of tennis in general, i have to say that I really like watching federer play. the scoreline was odd more than anything and even you have to admit that the closely fought 2nd set was attributed more to federer's drop in his quality of play more than hewitt's brilliance. i think this is evident in federer's monumental rise in unforced errors and large decrease in 1st serve %.

All in all, kudos to him, winning 3 majors in a year, incredible feat. peanuts in the womens tour but in the ATP tour...wow!