Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US Open

Default US Open

So the US Open has started. Should ease my pain of no more Olympics a little bit.

I really hope Ferrero can find his form back. He's had such a horrible season.

I'm also hoping Sharapova will do well to prove she isn't a one-hit wonder.

Roger Federer beat Albert Costa 7-5, 6-2, 6-4.
    玉木宏

blog

For a Spanish player, Ferrero is suprisingly quite good on hard court.

Early predictions anyone? I'll go conservative and say Federer from the top of the draw and Heywitt from the bottom.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

I won't be surprised to see Federer v. Roddick in the final.

Todd Martin has announced his retirement! Will always remember those five-set thrillers he's had over the years. A bit sad to see him go.

Default Re: US Open

Originally posted by realdeal
    So the US Open has started. Should ease my pain of no more Olympics a little bit.

Heehee,...same here. currently experiencing post olympics withdrawal.
    I was sure glad that I quit watching twin of brothers to concentrate on the olympics.

I think the us open is federer's to lose. I love watching him in action, its like poetry in motion. imo, he is, by far the most talented player in his generation or maybe ever.

Grrr....

What's wrong with Safin? Why can he never pull himself together?

I can't help thinking the US Open he won four years ago may be his only grand slam title in his career...

Originally posted by realdeal
    Grrr....

What's wrong with Safin? Why can he never pull himself together?

I can't help thinking the US Open he won four years ago may be his only grand slam title in his career...
    He'll be in good company, re Goran Ivanisevic. Better than the Tim Henmans and Anna Kournikovas. Can't really complain there.

Safin has been troubled by injury since his Australian Open run this year, and his form has been erratic for some time. Maybe he should consider time off like Lleyton Hewitt did last year (albeit to concentrate on the Davis Cup).

If he puts his mind to it, he has the potential to be a champion on court.
    玉木宏

blog

Ahhh, once a headcase always a headcasse...at least his interviews are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal

Ferrero and Sharapova have both crashed out. I'd better NOT wish anyone good luck again.

Quote Originally Posted by junny
    He'll be in good company, re Goran Ivanisevic. Better than the Tim Henmans and Anna Kournikovas. Can't really complain there.

Safin has been troubled by injury since his Australian Open run this year, and his form has been erratic for some time. Maybe he should consider time off like Lleyton Hewitt did last year (albeit to concentrate on the Davis Cup).

If he puts his mind to it, he has the potential to be a champion on court.
    I actually used to like Kournikova. She could play decent tennis back then. Always believed she would win a title as long as she could double fault a little less.

How times have changed. Don't think she'll be able to squeeze into top 10 again.

Henman is unfortunate. His best chance to be a Wimbledon champion was ruined by the excessive rain. That match went three days. If not, Ivanisevic would never have come back. He went on to win his only major. Sometimes luck IS very important...

its upset galore on the mens side as per usual

I actually used to like Kournikova. She could play decent tennis back then. Always believed she would win a title as long as she could double fault a little less.

How times have changed. Don't think she'll be able to squeeze into top 10 again.

Henman is unfortunate. His best chance to be a Wimbledon champion was ruined by the excessive rain. That match went three days. If not, Ivanisevic would never have come back. He went on to win his only major. Sometimes luck IS very important...
    Kournikova never looked capable of winning a title. She was (as Serena Williams is now) more interested in showcasing her fashion on court. Unlike Serena, she never displayed enough to prove that she actually could do something substantial on court. Anyway, she's retired from tennis, and good riddance.

As for Henman, one can only be unlucky for so long, as Ivanisevic would tell you. Still, he's got a few more years in him, so there's no knowing what can happen (not that I'm a fan of his).
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny
    Kournikova never looked capable of winning a title. She was (as Serena Williams is now) more interested in showcasing her fashion on court. Unlike Serena, she never displayed enough to prove that she actually could do something substantial on court. Anyway, she's retired from tennis, and good riddance.
    Tier 1 events, never. But to be fair, there was a period when she looked capable of winning tier 2 or 3 events.

Back to the US Open. Federer had a walkover!!! That already puts Agassi at a disadvantage (looks like he's gonna beat Sargsian and meet Federer next).

Serena Williams vs. Jennifer Capriati again in the quarters. Should be a tasty match.

Tier 1 events, never. But to be fair, there was a period when she looked capable of winning tier 2 or 3 events.

Back to the US Open. Federer had a walkover!!! That already puts Agassi at a disadvantage (looks like he's gonna beat Sargsian and meet Federer next).

Serena Williams vs. Jennifer Capriati again in the quarters. Should be a tasty match.

plz andre is the man, i mean ffs his 30 something ans still up there, seriuosly i don't expect federer to be in the top 10 when he reaches andre's age, if he dosen't retire before that. I mean wtf steffi graft retired way before her time, who else friggin Martina Hingis, comeon girl she was the bomb, her and kournikova was like the best women't pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n -
    I mean wtf steffi graft retired way before her time, who else friggin Martina Hingis, comeon girl she was the bomb, her and kournikova was like the best women't pairing.
    What's your point? Steffi Graf retired before whose time?

Yes, Kournikova and Hingis made a great pair, but I was talking about Kournikova's single performances.

And please, was it necessary to use wtf and friggin in your message?

what is that contraption serena is wearing?!
    "The who having wha with huh?"

Who are you guys going for? me personally is Roger Federer but if Andre Agassi wins, *shrug* i'll be happy as well me a tennis fan

What's your point? Steffi Graf retired before whose time?

Yes, Kournikova and Hingis made a great pair, but I was talking about Kournikova's single performances.

And please, was it necessary to use wtf and friggin in your message?

wtf and friggin si allowed i think, it's not exactly swearing, becos wtf can mean many things so

Quote Originally Posted by freeverse
    Who are you guys going for? me personally is Roger Federer but if Andre Agassi wins, *shrug* i'll be happy as well me a tennis fan
    Agassi!

A yay for the oldies.

"The who having wha with huh?"

yeah agassi...

how about the women's single? who will be the champion for this year?