http://www.liqian.info/liqian/news/a...p?articleid=37
    Li Qian's English Fansite
    http://www.liqian.info

Li Qian's Chinese
    http://bbs.liqian.cn

Li Qian's BLOG
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/liqian

Hai Yan's new serie HE LIU RU XIE leading female : LI QIAN
    Date :October 20, 2005 (Credit : Sina entertainment)
    Translated by : [email protected]

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.liqian.info/liqian/picture/liqian-0050.jpg')

The new 20 volume TV serie is based on one of China's famous author Hai Yan's book and will be directed by Wang Jun. The serie has already began filming this October in Guizhou. This serie is about a youth who through time and personal acquaintances will grow and develop into a young man. The story is also about a family of four (brother, sister, father and mother), all of whom will have major rises and falls.

HE LIU RU XIE compared to Hai Yan's previous novels certainly is very different. Unlike his other previous novels which puts love as the central theme, HE LIU RU XIE puts family as the central theme. Hai Yan based his novel from two poems.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.liqian.info/liqian/picture/liqian-0051.jpg')

There is certainly a very poetic sentiment to this serie. Hai Yan's high appraisal is due to his extremely rich sensation story and a great person for seeking new young talent. During the screening for actors in his HE LIU RU XIE, everyone has been keeping a very low key about this process. And through many long process and interviews, at present we've finally been confirmed that the first leading female role ("The Hai Leading Lady") is - LI QIAN.

The producing team has launched a national search for the casting of this serie. Director Wang Jun indicated that Hai Yan's high request is very demanding, particularly the actor list. Not only does one have to meet the appearance and age expectation, but also the performance skill must be extremely good in order to potray the characters in his story. Hai Yan's requirement is strict because the leading characters are all in their 20s, therefore it was extremely crucial that the actors be able to meet this age requirement and at the same time be able to display massive emotion and inner most feelings. The actor screening process has been a major dilema. Director Wang Jun also said "Actually we have been preparing for this serie over half of this year, but has been unable to find the appropriate candidate for the leading role. When LI QIAN was introduced to me and she first arrived at the office, my first thought was she would be perfect for leading role. Then I called in Hai Yan so he could interview her. After their meeting and exchange, we were definitely for sure she was the one."

This is Hai Yan's first time to give the official title "The Hai Leading Lady" to anyone. We asked LI QIAN about this matter, she shyly replied "At the time when Hai Yan and Director Wang Jun interviewed me, I was very nervous and anxious. But I came in for the screening and gave the best that I could offer. Afterward, Hai Yan looked at me very seriously and did not give me any feedback or review. I left the screening process thinking that I did not get the role. Several days later, the director told me the time of the filming."

Now that LI QIAN is "The Hai Leading Lady", she still does not dare to compare herself to Xu Jinglei, Yuan Li, Sun Li, and so on -- actresses who had become famous over night. LI QIAN said, "Title is certainly not important. More important should be the actor's ability to perform. Certainly the success of this serie because it is Hai Yan's serie is a good thing, but it's also important to have the audience's approval. Honestly, the actor's decision to choose a role has always been very passive. It has always been others who made the decision. Before, I've acted mostly mischievous and lovable roles, but this time my role is quite the contrary. Therefore, I am especially happy. I certainly hope it will be my own breakthough performance. My only hope that I will meet their expectation." When discussed about her future expectation, LI QIAN replied "I am not a rich imaginative person and do not day dream often. I do not consider much about my future. My own wish to do well in everything I am currently doing in the present. I also would like to follow the steps of actor Lu Bing. He continously walks the present path and let nature takes its course; therefore I do not vainly hope to become famous over night. I do not want to have too much high hopes or expectation in life, because it will only make a burden and cause more stress. One should fulfil one's present to its best. For me, at present is to worry about how to perform my best in this new role (HE LIU RU XIE)."

LI QIAN's past performance include "Li Wei is an Official", "King Li Shi Min", "The Country's Granary" and so on.

Li Qian's Chinese

Li Qian's BLOG

HE LIU RU XIE's final decision : LEADING FEMALE IS LI QIAN
    Date :October 22, 2005 (Credit : YNET.COM)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.liqian.info/liqian/picture/liqian-0052.jpg')

The 20 volumes serie, which is written by Hai Yan and directed by Wang Jung, has already begun filming in Guizhou. The leading female position has finally been determined - LI QIAN. (Hunan, China). About the selective process in selecting LI QIAN, director Wang Jung said "The team has set up for half year for this serie. We launched a national search for leading male and female. Hai Yan's has extremely harsh requests for his main actors, not only by age but also by appearnace and performance skills. His request was extremely high and strict, even more strict than normal eyes." It can be said that LI QIAN has luck on her side for she is not only the first official actress to be credited with title "The Hai Leading Female" but she is now called the "Qin Dian" ( Roughly translated to mean "The Primary Leader" ).

LI QIAN said, "Name is certainly not important. What is important is to be able to develop the character. This serie, my role as Fei Fei is a very deep character who has alot of inner emotion. This kind of role is extremely difficult to develop."

It is not a secret that many new person have risen fame over night due to Hai Yan such as Xu Jingle, Yuan Li, Sun Li, Yu Na, and so on.

LI QIAN stated "I am like them in that I have no experience in this type of role. Before I play characters which are mishievous and lively characters in "Li Wei is an Official", "Country's Granary", "Li Shi Min", etc. As such, being leading lady in Hai Yan's serie is defintely not the same. To have been selected to be leading lady in Hai Yan's serie can be said as good luck, but also is from one's own endeavor."

HE LIU RU XIE describes a youth who seeks dear ones in the process of the story. It also talks about a family of four who each in time will encounter rises and falls. Compared to his earlier works, where love is the central theme, HE LIU RU XIE focuses on family and betrayal as central theme. Director Wang Jun indicated "This story has very bright characteristic. Each character in every aspect is carefully examined at all level. There is a poetic sentiment and exquisite feeling to it."

Li Qian's Chinese

Li Qian's BLOG

Interview with Lam Fung on TOB Filming (TVB#242, Pg.38)
    Translated by : YukLing
    Source of this article : BBS.LIQIAN.CN
    Date Posted : 2005-09-07 12:49:46

I am standing in front of the city gate watching two beautiful ladies fight. Lam Fung interrupts their quarrel. Afterward, I found that the two leading ladies were fighting because both were deeply in love with Lam Fung. Because they did not want Lam Fung to take risk, they caused injury to themselves and pretended to be angry in front of Lam Fung. But Lam Fung suspect their plan. The two leading ladies both were delicate and exquisite, smart and lovable. Lam Fung's hands were not empty as they were wrapped around the beautiful ladies. This scene took many shots, probably a dozen. Lam Fung got to hug two ladies many many time. He was very much envied by those who are not actors. I thought I should like to be an actor. Then director yells "Cut" and Fung let go of the two beautiful ladies immediately and goes straight to change his clothes and caress his adbomen. Fung breaths out a sigh of relief and said "I'm tired." Although in the eyes of others, Lam Fung seems happy but really he was distressed. Because of his height and female lead are quite different, each time they stand together he has to bend alot. Just like the last scene when he was hugging two ladies. He has to bend down, but not so much that he was crushing them; therefore by the time the shot was finished his adbomen was quite sore. Fung said that the female lead he's talking about is Li Qian. When the subject of height comes up, he smiles, he cannot help but smiles.

In front of the city gate, I interviewed Lam Fung. Originally, I was going to hold a recording device during our interview, but Lam Fung took initiative and offered to hold the recording device instead. So I handed it to him...I have watched his previous 3 series, but I did not like his characters and I was also disappointed with the leading lady. Therefore, initially I did not have too good of any impression of him. I was not expecting him to be such a nice person outside. Our interview time was very limited because they were about to begin filming. So with one hand he holds the recording device, the other hand he was changing. He did not even sit down to rest or played video games. Instead he was eating melon seed and chat with us.

Negotiation Scene : Inside the large tent were many people. This scene Lam Fung spoke very fierce and with confidence into the camera lense. Very impressive and dignified manner. He was the most comfortble in this scene because he was the only one sitting down.

Interview Questions:

Q (reporter): Before you filmed a serie from the same author (Step Into The Past), and now you are filming another novel from the same author. Is this because you like his novel?
    Fung: No, because usually its the manager who
    selects the film for you. You meet with your manager and talk about the serie. The manager then arranges a meeting for you and discuss this film. It is just by chance that the two series I film are by the same author.

Q: You have filmed both in SITP and TOB, both characters also play important roles. What is the performance biggest challenge?
    Fung: The biggest challenge is that we're filming TOB very different. It has many of our staff from HK, but also has staff from mainland China. Everyone must adapt to each other's working way. Also the role in TOB is dynamic, Kau Jong's character role will change. You should see a clear distintion and change in Kau Jong. He is an extrovert and a person with big heart, he has big ambition but he also has flaws. His personality is quite straightfoward and does not bend to other people's principle. With him, is another character Tsui Chi Ling (Ron Ng). These two characters are completely complentory. ChiLing is an introvert.

Q: This serie, how should one categorize it? Is it a ancient historical drama? Does it have comedy?
    Fung: Actually, it has many comedy scenes. Especially in the preliminary. I think it's worth looking becauase it fits in many categories. There's acrobat fighting scenes. We rehearsed the scenes very many time. Almost 12 times a day. It also had the war-battle scenes, as well as natural landscape scenery. There are some good vs. evil. I really do not know which genre it belongs too. I think even young kids, middle age, and elders can certainly like the serie.

Q: Very many series base on novels will change plot when they get filmed. In SITP, the plot was changed alot. Is TOB also changed alot from its original novel?
    Fung: Actually, the original novel TOB is very popular and as far as I know it's also Mr. Huang Yi's most famous novel. Because it's very lengthy, original has 60 volumes, but we cannot possibly film all 60 volumes therefore there's certainly some changes and modification to fit during filming. But the changes are not very big. I think anyone who has read TOB the novel should not be disappointed. Many things cannot be changed because it's important in the novel. Only little minor details were changed to fit the filming script. And for those who have not read the novel, you can watch the film also. Also, because this is first time with mainland actors coopertaion, then they should feel refresh and different.

Q: Before filming this play, did you and other actors pratice riding horses? What impression is deepest for you?
    Fung : Correct! But actually I cannot ride horse very good. Most peope think it's difficult because they immediately falls down (Smiles). But because I have filmed before in ancient serie and ride hourse, therefore I had some basic skils. So yeah the impression which is deepest for me is most others could not ride a horse from beginning. But now everyone could certainly participate in horse racing! (smiles)

Q: In this play, who do you mostly match with? And during the cooperation process,what specially impression are you most profound or is there any interesting story you want to share?
    Fung: Ron Ng, because the majority of our scenes are together. In the serie, I have feelings for two girls : Lee Sau Ling and Song Yuk Chi, who's played by "small" Li Qian. Our height, it was a bit difficult. (Laughs) But she is a very lovable girl, very good, really very good. She played her role very well. As for anything interesting, it's was quite lively and fun because most of the crew were all young people, most of the staff were 20s.

Li Qian's Chinese

Li Qian's BLOG

Hai Yan : LI QIAN is very similar to actress Zhou Xun
    Credit : ENT.SINA.COM
    Date : 10/26/2005

Sina Entertainment and Hai Yan both agree that since the public announcement of LI QIAN as HE LIU RU XIE's leading female, the attention by the media has double. "As soon as I saw LI QIAN, I can only describe in two words -- Smart and Cute." Everyone say that Hunan have some beautiful women and sure enough this is very true. This big eye girl look very much like Jue Zhou Xun (One of 4 Beautiful Women).

LI QIAN and Zhou Xun are alike in that they both have an oval face. Both are petite in size, but the difference between the two ladies is that LI QIAN even more impertinence (cheeky) and lovable.

Reporters who have ooperated with LI QIAN many times in the past including Fan Xiuming, Wu Zipiu, and Cai Jingsheng (reporter for Twin of Brothers), have this to say about her : "LI QIAN is a very enthusiastic actress. Eventhough each time after filming and everyone is tired, but LI QIAN can still find energy to joke and make everyone feel relief. On the set, she is our "happy fruit."

When Hai Yan asked LI QIAN to join his serie HE LIU RU XIE he asked her why she wanted the role of Fei Fei. She replied, "After I saw the script I was very much attracted to the role of Fei Fie. Fei Fei is a good person. She dares to be ruthless, she dares to take challenges. And eventhough her situation and environment surrounding are compelling, but her innerself is very pure. Initially, I though myself and Fei Fei do not resemble too much and I was worried I would not be able to perform this role. But director Wang Jun encouraged me and said I could be Fei Fei. Eventhough I had encouragement, but I know deep inside I was still pressured very much. It is a big challenge and so I asked for some time to take the script home and re-read the role. Before I always act the cute lovable, and cheeky characters like in "Country's Granary" and "Li Wei", etc. But HE LIU RU XIE's Fei Fei is very different. To me it will be a new challenge, as such I can work even harder to develop this role."

LI QIAN said she has also seen several of Hai Yan's series such as "Yong Bù Míng Mù 《永不瞑目》", "Yi Cháng Feng Hua Xuĕ Yuè de Shì《一场风花雪月的事》", and "Biàn Yi Jĭng Chá 《便衣警察》". She likes them very much....but she had never though she would one day be in one of his series as well.

Li Qian's Chinese

Li Qian's BLOG

Li Qian spoke frankly 'The pressure was too high, once almost wants to give up'

Credit : ENT.SINA.CN
    Date Posted : 2005-11-03 08:40:28

HE LIU RU XIE has started filming already and Sina ET just had an oportunity to interview Hai Yan's new "Leading Lady" Li Qian over the phone the other day. During the interview, Li Qian disclosed that once filming started she was under great pressure and almost gave up the role. When asked what was the reason, she sounded very sad and replied "When I saw the script, I really thought myself to be very different from the character (Fei Fei). I did not have the confidence to act this role because the character is quite challenging and since I always consider myself as bashful, I was afraid I would not be able to meet their expectation. Although I am the lead female in the serie, but I watched the screening for other characters and I thought the process was quite demanding too. The director's request during screen was very high. This kind of pressure was too much and I have lost sleep many nights."

During filming, Hai Yan saw her mood to be low and noticed she still seemed very nervous, eventhough this was not the first time they have met. After Hai Yan understood the pressure and her concern he said : "I know the pressure is very high, but I believe in myself. I and Director Wang Jun have watched all your performances and your acting is very good. You are definitely competent to perform this role (Fei Fei)." Li Qian felt as if a big stone has been carried off her shoulders when she heard Hai Yan's reply. "To hear Hai Yan say those words to me, I felt like a big stone has been taken off for me. I was very happy with tears."

Speaking of Hai Yan, Li Qian expressed her own view of him : "Hai Yan is actually a very funny person. When I first met him, I was very nervous and did not dare to lift my face and make eye contact with him, but afterward when we started filming we ate meals together and discuss about the serie. Later I found out he's actually very talkative and funny."

Even though the filming of this 20 chapters serie will take about 5 months in Guizhou, Li Qian indicated that everyone on the crew is very happy

Li Qian's Chinese

Li Qian's BLOG

QIAN : Talks about her pet Dog

Credit : 欣然@LIQIAN.CN
    Translated : [email protected]
    Date Posted : 2005-10-26 10:38:34

My family has a dog that doesn't bark :

Li Qian's puppy is very special because it doesn't bark. "Sometime it's very peaceful in the house. It seems as if we do not have a dog in the house. Our neighbor is very satisfied with this." Raising a pet requires its master to make some disposition supplement, is this true? Li Qian replies "it also wants to be left alone. Doesn't like speaking. Some time when I am filming and I miss it, my Mother would telephone me and ask for it to bark. But he's such a non-bark-dog. I have saved many of its pictures on my cellphone in case I miss it."

What does everyone family feed their dog?

Certainly it would be meat. But Li Qian's puppy is not the case, he likes eating fruits and yogurt, especially watermelon fruit. "Actually, I know that dogs shouldn't be eating fruits and it's not good for them. Especially grapes because they are high in glucose and fructose. Also carbohydrate is not good because it can initiate poison. But my dog likes eating those food very much, if we don't give it to him, he would protest. Afterward, we asked several pet experts and found out that it was OK to feed him fruits. But not too many. So long as the dog likes the fruits he may consume it but with careful care. We were satisfied with this. Dogs are not like sensitive babies, anything they want they can just 'roar'."

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Li Qian's Chinese

Li Qian's BLOG

If TVB should hang on to any of their fresh new actresses, this girl is the one. Ok. She's not drop-dead gorgeous, but her acting skills are phenomenal. She's really cute though. Loved her so much in Twin of Brothers. Hope that she will get a really good famous role one day so that she can shine even brighter.
    Last edited by Li Nhi; 11-04-05 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nhi
    If TVB should hang on to any of their fresh new actresses, this girl is the one. Ok. She's not drop-dead gorgeous, but her acting skills are phenomenal. She's really cute though. Loved her so much in Twin of Brothers. Hope that she will get a really good famous role one day so that she can shine even brighter.

Yea but Li Qian is not a TVB actress to begin with. She's a mainland actress, and TVB usually uses people who are from Hong Kong or know how to speak cantonese. Sadly, Qian is neither of those.

Though I think Qian is a very talented actress, who can act on a wide range of emotions and types of characters. She doesn't need tvb to expand on her popularity; I'm sure that one day, she will be a very famous actress. By then, who knows, maybe tvb will even invite her to film one or two series for them.
    The Supremes
    Raymond Ron Wallace Bosco // Qian Tavia Michelle Leila
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Supremes

She is very cute and a good actress.

Default TOB2 survey - to eliminate Sau Ning(Tavia) or Yuk Chi(Li Qian)?

Hello, everyone ! Calling for all Raymond’s or TOB fans out there! I have some news to share with all of you. You see, few days ago, I saw it somewhere in a forum mentioning that TVB is planning for the sequel of Twin Of Brothers. The person who released the regarding news claimed that her uncle is one of the TVB producer. I believed what she said is true. Her name is Charmaine if I’m not mistaken. Anyway, she is conducting a survey as requested by his uncle.

According to Charmaine, they(TVB)are planning to make TOB2 most probably in 2007/2008. The purpose of conducting the survey is to decide which character to be eliminated from this upcoming TOB2 – Tavia Yeung(Sau Ning) or Li Qian(Yuk Chi)?

Well, I know some of you want KJ to be with SN. However, some might wishes for KJ to end up with YC instead of SN. It might be hard to decide. Well, at least it is for me. Actually, I love both of them. As a matter of fact, both are equally important in TOB and to KJ.

If you really cant make up your mind, then here’s some wicked idea. You can write to TVB requesting both of them to be in TOB2. Or you can start another forum or survey on that. Who knows? It might work…since TVB is only planning, everything is yet to be confirmed.

The survey will be closed very soon. So, everyone, please act as soon as possible! Click on this link ---> http://aznzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=193

Thanks and have a nice day!

ThuVang asked about the fate of Li Qian's character Xiao Shu Zi (Little Comb) in Tian Xia Liang Cang (The World's Granary) a long time ago in this thread, but I only just finished watching the series very recently. If anyone is still curious, Little Comb ends up marrying a rich merchant called Master Bai only to run off again soon afterwards. She is regarded as a free smurfette whose spirit is as indelible as it is boundless. Little Comb is really cute. She's the only female character in this series that I liked consistently from beginning to end.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Oh thank you so much Lady Zhuge!!

I have the serie in Chiense but has not time to watch it yet. I just saw part she got married to the older guy but I did not know she'll run away ..haha..very cute!!!

I have not been back here for a while, here are some new pix of QQ!!!

Li Qian's Chinese

Li Qian's BLOG

Wink

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.liqian.info/liqian/picture/liqian-0053.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.liqian.info/liqian/picture/liqian-0062.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.liqian.info/liqian/picture/liqian-0064.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.liqian.info/liqian/picture/liqian-0065.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.liqian.info/liqian/picture/liqian-0066.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.liqian.info/liqian/picture/liqian-0067.jpg')

ENJOY!!!

Li Qian's Chinese

Li Qian's BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes
    twin of brother ....aghhh i am dying to see this serie ..when will it come out in viet ...........
    it already came out in viet; for a while now. i love li qian too;; but i cant hear her voice. i like her acting though, very baby-ish.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

i love Li Qian ever since i watch TOB ..heheh she's soo cute wit Raymond!!but so sad she couldn't been wit him at the ending ...hope to see another Li Qian and Raymond series ...
    Li Qian sure got a babyish face.

i like her in TOB so much. Such a talented actress at a young age.

anyone got the serie's Outlaw Swords with LBB and Chen Kun's ending and main theme songs?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

You can download the theme and endsong at her english site.
    http://www.liqian.info/liqian/downloads.php

Ending is called Yun De Le

Li Qian's Chinese

Li Qian's BLOG

ua, where? and i have o join the site...
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07