Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Li Qian

I posted this in the TOB forum and also Raymond's. Wanted to share here too since I love Li Qian's acting.

I grew up watching TVB series, but took a decade break around the time this series came out. I only recently watched it when it popped up on the app. Unfortunately, TVB series have been on the decline and most of the old discussion forums and fan pages are gone. I am really late to comment, but need a place to gush.

I will try to write a longer review in order to get some closure, but wanted to share my love of the Kou Zhong and Song Yuzhi characters. It's been a long time since I have seen such a fun, sweet and loving pair. They certainly left an impression.

Their last date scene was touching, full of humorous and loving memories. I always thought Yuzhi should have laid next to him to watch the stars, and defiantly decided to imagine it myself. But wait, I did not need to do so, because years later, the director himself released the original filming of this scene!

He chose a different background music, 你是我最深爱的人 by 永邦演唱歌曲, "You are the woman I love most". Not an anvil, huh? Lol. This video can be found on bilibili.com.

They are walking side by side, fingers interlocked, him squeezing her hand tightly as previously shown. There are longer close ups of her lips and eyes to match the lyrics.

"You have the most beautiful lips
    You have the most moving eyes"

It is the original filming, Raymond speaks Cantonese and Li Qian speaks Mandarin. Even with the 2 different languages, they are harmonious. Her voice is soft and sweet. As she is tells him that she will love him no matter who may be in his heart, he closes his eyes contently and the music fades and it is quiet. The scene pans out, this is where TVB cuts off.

We return to see Yuzhi smiling. She hears Kou Zhong softly snoring. She looks down incredulously and annoyed that he fell asleep on their date. Her face changes. She laughs to herself and gently lays down next to him.

The music kicks up again. "You are the woman I love most..." His hand wraps around her shoulder! She looks up to see him gazing into her eyes. So much love. "You cheat", she murmurs. He puts his forefinger to his lips, "Shh, don't spoil the mood." So playful. He holds her close to him, smiles and sighs completely fulfilled. They look up at the stars. He pulls her in even tighter. The scene ends with the roaring fire.

So perfect. If only TVB didn't insist on the ridiculous love triangle we would have had this ultimately romantic scene. They have a beautiful intimate connection based on friendship, supporting each other through trials and tribulations, and laughing together.

Look for the sceneon bilibili.com if you haven't seen it yet.

I found Li Qian in Twin Brothers to be well-crafted as an actress. Not to mention she's really beautiful!