Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how guo jing and huang rong died

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I sometimes get this sinking feeling that Gwok Jing and Wong Yung were finally done in by some unimaginably boneheaded final judgment error by Gwok Fu...one so costly and abrupt that even her mother couldn't think a way out of it and against which even her father's martial arts superiority was useless.

Now I wonder what made you think that way! Surely she isn't that bad!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang

Now I wonder what made you think that way! Surely she isn't that bad!

I think she is (talking about her individually)"that" bad but I rather think that somehow she might be closedly controlled by her husband, Yelu Qi. So, when the time has passed, she should be more mature and know what/how to do.

sooner or later she will mature

While GF probably matured somewhat after marrying Yelu Qi I always felt like the way she treated the people of the beggar clan was the cause for her parents death.

Even during the parts of ROCH when she was a nobody in the beggar clan, she seemed to consider even the elders of the beggar clan far below herself. By the time Xiang Yang fell, she had been the wife of the leader of the beggar clan for some time, with GF personality I can see that position making her even more arrogant than she was during ROCH, Yelu Qi or not, and it also puts her into more of a spotlight, making people treat insults that where just dismissed as a young girls nonsense during ROCH very very seriously. Most likely she kept insulting and dismissing someone very high in the beggar clan without even noticing it, and when this person saw that Xiang Yang would fall sooner or later anyhow he decided that he might as well betray the Guo family for money or power, because the Guo family was going to die anyhow, and they (GF) never gave him the respect he deserved, so why should he feel obligated to them? In HSDS the mongols seemed to prefer poison to take care of very good martial artists, and the beggar clan was always associated with snakes and such and also used poison in HSDS, so likely he poisoned the Guo family before what would become the final battle for Xiang Yang. When the Guo family couldn't help defend the city because they were poisoned or already dead I suppose the morale of the defenders of Xiang Yang would drop a lot too, so the mongols could easily take Xiang Yang.

I really can't think of another way the Guo family would have been nearly completely wiped out, even if GJ and HR would have been willing to sacrifice themselves they would have first made sure that Yelu Qi and GF got away to carry on their fight.

somehow i dun think tat happened.....

Quote Originally Posted by MisterM
    he poisoned the Guo family before what would become the final battle for Xiang Yang. When the Guo family couldn't help defend the city because they were poisoned or already dead I suppose the morale of the defenders of Xiang Yang would drop a lot too, so the mongols could easily take Xiang Yang.

I really can't think of another way the Guo family would have been nearly completely wiped out, even if GJ and HR would have been willing to sacrifice themselves they would have first made sure that Yelu Qi and GF got away to carry on their fight.
    The origin of the sword and the sabre made us know that the Guo Family, particularly GJ and HR, knew beforehand that they would die. Thus, I don't think they died suddenly with poison.

Who said that Yelu Qi and GF died there ? Only Guo Pulo died defending Xiang Yang.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Who said that Yelu Qi and GF died there ? Only Guo Pulo died defending Xiang Yang.

No one said, we just assume. Anyway, how can they leave GJ and HR to die at Xiangyang? I don't think they could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    No one said, we just assume. Anyway, how can they leave GJ and HR to die at Xiangyang? I don't think they could do that.
    Yang Guo did, Guo Xiang did... and nobody said a thing.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Yang Guo did, Guo Xiang did... and nobody said a thing.
    Yang Guo, at that time, might live so far away and could not come to Xiangyang on-time. Guo Xiang obviously went to find Yang Guo and again could not come back ontime. But, where did YeluQi and Guo Fu go at that time? We did not know enough story to guess or assume. Since the Beggar Clan was at Xiangyang to help GJ and HR, this is only evidence to trace where YeluQi and Guo Fu were supposed to be when GJ and HR died.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    Yang Guo, at that time, might live so far away and could not come to Xiangyang on-time. Guo Xiang obviously went to find Yang Guo and again could not come back ontime. But, where did YeluQi and Guo Fu go at that time? We did not know enough story to guess or assume. Since the Beggar Clan was at Xiangyang to help GJ and HR, this is only evidence to trace where YeluQi and Guo Fu were supposed to be when GJ and HR died.
    well, Yang Guo and Guo Xiang were far away, reasonable, but why couldn't YeLuQi and GuoFu be far away also, on some kind of mission?

Also could Guo Xiang be far away? If so, where did she got the Heaven Sword?

Also Beggar Clan wasn't only at XiangYang; they were everywhere. If they were all at XiangYang, they would all be destroy and cease to exist in HSDS.

IMO, Guo Jing and Huang Rong died by evacuating the city of people and solider. If they wanted to escape not even a Great could stop them.

mission impossible??

Question confused

i am a bit confused
    Quote Originally Posted by candide
    guo fu and yelu qi die or not
    and can some one tell me who is yelu qi before he married guo fu?
    i jus only know that guo fu like yang guo how come she married yelu qi
    does yelu qi is strong as guo jing ?
    i read that he become the beggar clan leader

[quote=ken cheng]I sometimes get this sinking feeling that Gwok Jing and Wong Yung were finally done in by some unimaginably boneheaded final judgment error by Gwok Fu...one so costly and abrupt that even her mother couldn't think a way out of it and against which even her father's martial arts superiority was useless.[quote]

seems that many hate guo fu
    is she really bad?
    no matter how i like a mischievous girl
    that's why i don really like xln and jus like huang rong(ooo.i talked about it again=well,xln fans plz forgive me)

i want to read the novels but i can't read chinese
    there is many thing i don know yet
    and i am too interested in this kind of story
    sob... sob:sad:
    zhao weizhou xun 4 eva

Quote Originally Posted by putrihuanzhu
    i am a bit confused

guo fu and yelu qi die or not
    and can some one tell me who is yelu qi before he married guo fu?
    i jus only know that guo fu like yang guo how come she married yelu qi
    does yelu qi is strong as guo jing ?
    i read that he become the beggar clan leader

is she really bad?
    that's why i don really like xln and jus like huang rong(ooo.i talked about it again=well,xln fans plz forgive me)

i want to read the novels but i can't read chinese
    there is many thing i don know yet
    and i am too interested in this kind of story
    sob... sob:sad:
    We do not know exactly whether or not Yelu Qi and Guo Fu died along with GJ and HR at XiangYang. Previously, Yelu Qi was himself a Mongolian but his family had some political problems with those Mongolians so his family moved to mainland. Nevertheless, his father and elder brother got killed. Only he and his younger sister could survive from those Mongolians. Afterwards, both of them would like to revenge the Mongolians. They met GJ and HR and they helped them in Xiangyang. That was why Yelu Qi and Guo Fu came to know each other. Incidentally, Yelu Qi was ZBT's student. Zhou Bo Tong taught him Quanjen sword style. After the death of previous Beggar Clan leader, Yelu Qi won in the kongfu contest and became a new leader.

Guo Fu is very bad. I do not think "mischievous" is a right word to describe her. She is bad but she is not that intelligent-different style with HR. Indeed, she is rather low IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by putrihuanzhu
    is she really bad?

Actually, if you check out this thread...

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...?t=8891&page=2

...you'll find that I have a great deal of sympathy for the character of Gwok Fu. She's not really a malicious person at heart, but she does invariably make boneheaded decisions that get herself and others into trouble.

Is it possible that they died after a long siege? Even the most powerful fighters might have problems if weakened by thirst, starvation, and disease. If the Mongols had completely surrounded the city, they could make sure that no food could ever reach.

This would explain a lot of things. It would give the couple plenty of time to forge the swords since the writing would be on the wall long before their deaths. And while the wisest course of action would be to make sure the very best fighters eat first, the couple's code of honor would forbid it. In fact, they would probably insist on eating last, and not let others starve.

I think in the Mischievous Department, Ah-Zhi is still the queen.

i dun think she is tat bad but she is not good also

Lightbulb about guo fu

Quote Originally Posted by ken cheng
    ...you'll find that I have a great deal of sympathy for the character of Gwok Fu. She's not really a malicious person at heart, but she does invariably make boneheaded decisions that get herself and others into trouble.
    yaaa...
    i'm jus finish read the translation of rocr but not really finish(waiting for more translation) and ur thread
    i think guo fu character not annoying me
    she doesn't seem to love yang guo right?
    maybe the series create annoying guo fu to make sympathy to yg or xln
    i think after read the translation maybe my perseption of xln changed
    i don like her and after finish the translation i still don like her

okay back to the topic
    gj and hr died because got kill or suicide?
    zhao weizhou xun 4 eva

after watching roch 83, i personally feel tat gf has matured after marrying ylq so maybe her parent's death may not be due to her