Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: [Channel U] Yi Xin Ren ( 易心人 )

I just answered my own question. Do ignore this post.

Just one question. In epsiode 4 did that little boy die?
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 10-18-04 at 12:51 PM.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

To prevent Funn from pulling her hair out deciphering the screencaps, here's a recap of what happened so far.

(using characters names)

Ep 1

Show started with Chengzhi discovering he has 6 months to live. Shocked, he takes the lift to the rooftop of the hospital and contemplates jumping off the building. Xiuwen, a nurse, meets him in the lift and senses something wrong. Xiuwen finds Chengzhi walking precariously on the edge of the building and attempts to talk to him.

Chengzhi reveals his illness and says that there's no difference between dying now or 6 months later. Xiuwen brings up family ties. Chengzhi then recounts his kidnap for ramson incident. (Flashback)

It appears that the whole thing was staged by Chengzhi to test his family. Chengwu instigated Chengyong to seize the ransom money for themselves and let the hostage taker finish off Chengzhi. The only person really concerned about Chengzhi was his father. Chengyong made the dropoff. The hostage taker retrieved it and discovered a suitcase full of newspaper. Chengzhi then returns home, lying to his father that the ransom was paid and he escaped while the hostage takers were dividing the money. He then blackmails his two brothers with the truth of their deceit and threatened to reveal it to their father. With the money, he paid off the hired hand. The ransom was 5 million. Chengzhi kept 3 million and paid the hired hand 2 million. Smart.

Xiuwen manages to persuade Chengzhi to continue living. Chengzhi offers Xiuwen a job as his personal nurse. Xiuwen declines.

Xiuwen knocks off from work and goes to meet her boyfriend Wenguang. Wenguang is the owner of a provisions shop and the son of a gambling addict mother. There's a commotion and we find out Wenguang's mother cheated people's money. Wenguang has difficulties paying off the debt.

Chengzhi's company, owned by his father, is trying to merge with another company. Chengzhi is desperate to seal the deal as that will increase his chances of being appointed the Chairman of the company. His 2 brothers are also eyeing the position.

Xiuwen accepts the offer to be Chengzhi's personal nurse to help Wenguang pays off his mother's debts. Chengzhi takes Xiuwen shopping for more presentable clothes. He catches a glimpse of Xiuwen's bare back and begins to view her in a different light.

Chengzhi stages an act so as to the play the hero and get into the good books ot the CEO of the other company. He succeds.

Ep 2

Xue'er picks Chengzhi up in her car. They went home for some hanky panky. Didn't get far as Xue'er started vomitting. She reveals she's pregnant.

Xiuwen's long lost father, Zhao Haisheng, is released from prison. He then tries to find Xiuwen. They meet but he does not reveal himself.

Chengxin is auditioning for a place in a prestigious overseas music school. Her mother, Lin Su Lan is one of the judges. Su Lan recuses herself from influencing the decision but is forced too when the votes are tied. To prevent putting her mother in a difficult position, Chengxin gives up the chance to enter the school. Chengzhi is pissed at Su Lan for destroying Chengxin's chance. He consoles Chengxin. Su Lan tells her daughter to keep away from Chengzhi.

Chengzhi further helps the CEO to resolve the differences between his son. The CEO now trusts Chengzhi and agrees to the merger. Chengzhi is made the Chairman by his father.

Chengzhi reveals to Xiuwen that he's going to be a father. He changes the will to include his child and Xue'er. While celebrating the pregnancy with Xue'er, Chengzhi receives a call that reveals that the child is not his. In his anger, he casuses Xue'er to fall and be disfigured.

He goes drinking with Xiuwen. He began lusting for Xiuwen. A few more days of wooing and eventually the rape.

Ep 3

Xiuwen reports the rape and Wenguang goes to the hospital to fetch her. Rape victims have to be examined by a doctor for confirmation.

During the merger press conference, Chengzhi is arrested. He denies all charges and bribes the only witness, a security guard. Chengzhi tries to talk to Xiuwen but was given a slap by Xiuwen. Xiuwen is severely traumatised by the rape. Wenguang feels helpless and goes drinking.

Su Lan meets Haisheng by chance. She pleads with him not to reveal her past to her present husband. She gives Haisheng a check but he tears it up.

Cracks begin to appear in Xiuwen and Wenguang's relationship due to Wenguang's frustration at being helpless to punish Chengzhi. Xiuwen initiates a breakup.

Liwen, Xiuwen's twin sister appears in a bar. She is the direct opposite her demure sister. Reacting to a dare for $5000, she reveals her breasts.

Ep 4

Refer to the screencaps. I will make more screencaps from now on. I don't think I have the time to recap like this often.

The boy's alive but his legs have to be amputated.

Lightbulb

When i saw those bloody legs of the boy, i was like, oh gosh, why didn't Chengzhi (my shaun chen!!) care about the boy? He only noticed the step sister. lolz. hmmm...

anyone noe where i can watch the first 2 episodes. like on comp or some videos or anything? anyone tape it? and thanks for telling me where i can watch the remaining episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by wuchang
    To prevent Funn from pulling her hair out deciphering the screencaps, here's a recap of what happened so far.
    Poor boy! Wuchang you have just saved me from total hair loss! More screencaps will of course be welcomed since I kinda guessed the storylines but it still is not quite enough I misinterpreted part 1. I thought he kinapped himself for the money, not to test his family! So it was the brothers who were heartless first so go guy! Kill them off. Poor father, does he realise all his sons are like that? So despicable?

Poor poor boy.

You know as my hair is slowly growing back, Wuchang maybe just do recap for well some of the more interesting episodes, which is of course every episode!
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 10-19-04 at 08:42 AM.

Wuchang, please do a recap for episode 6 tomorrow, why she jumped. Just out of curiosity, how come our hero is so close to his step sister? No blood relations right? He seems to genuinely care for her.

It was not explained. Come to think of it, they should have at least one flashback scene to their childhood to explain the animosity between the brothers or something.

The family does not know that Chengxin is not a blood relation. Her mother desperately wants to keep it a secret.

Wuchang, I know you're terribly busy but can you do me a favour? I would like you to please translate the relevant part of this article, the para about sequel to Holland V. I don't get what it means ...

http://ch.mediacorp.com.sg/i-weekly/ouxuan_361.php

This is a relatively new article and written by mediacorp's magazine, I am sure it is reliable.

thanks ahead.

anyone think they will made a vcd version of changing lanes? this is after all mediaworks last show. and anyone noe where i gcan see the first 2 episodes? like online or sumthing?

Quote Originally Posted by Funn Lim
    Wuchang, I know you're terribly busy but can you do me a favour? I would like you to please translate the relevant part of this article, the para about sequel to Holland V. I don't get what it means ...

http://ch.mediacorp.com.sg/i-weekly/ouxuan_361.php

This is a relatively new article and written by mediacorp's magazine, I am sure it is reliable.

thanks ahead.
    大家都期待再被"晶晶"和"小心"纯纯的爱感动一次。陈泓宇未来或许又再成为自家人,《荷兰村》也有计划开 拍续集,两人再次携手合作的可能性相对提高。
    "如果公司有这样的决定,我会接受,只要是在工作范围内,我都会把它做好?

The audience all want to be touched again by the pure love between Jingjing and Xiaoxin. As Shaun Chen may in the future come under the same company, and a sequel for Holland V is on the drawing boards, the probability of you two reprising your roles are high.
    "If the company makes such a decision, I will accept. As long as it is within my job scope, I will give my best."

wuchang.you.are.AMAZING.lol!!! this thumbs up is for you. such dedication. reminds me of myself some years ago. lol.

i registered to specially say this - a big thank you
    your postings answered everything for me. even the lyrics of theme song you provide../omg

righto..i am a closet ann fan since...approx 1997 lol. why the 'closet'...erhm hehe. lets just leave it at that.

naturally, it is good to see her on the local screen again after so many years.

i wasnt watching much television since nearly 1.5-2 years ago i guess?

anyway. this is the 1st drama i sat down to..after so long. i guess the posters at bus shelters did their job. ann kok is looking even better! i wanna watch her drama...(too bad i missed the previous one she did on chU. was reading about it just now)

so, i made myself sit in the living room and forcefully switched to chU last wed night at 9.01pm. my mum and sis were watching that ch8 drama...i do catch bits of it sometimes. its inevitable...on the way to the toilet ya know.

after ep1, i realised these things:
    1. ann kok could act...and i think i always knew that inside
    2. omg so interesting show!
    3. shaun chen...looks...yummy!
    4. ann kok is sooo chio! (this is coming from a gal haha!)
    4. i wannnaaawatchmoremoremoremore
    5. i am hooked on the show.
    i started out wanting to watch the show because of ann kok. now i wanted to continue watching because of the whole show itself. it is good.

and so...

ep2 - i even tuned in 5mins before...effectively forcing them to watch it with me. lol. in the end my mum and sis watched ch8's show in my parent's bedroom

ep3 - argh. i forget to watch!!! was very late in getting home from school. then i sort of doodle away on the pc...and zzZzz..

ep4 - did not realise i missed ep3 before ep4. am i getting old or what?! then i felt like something is missing..er..isnt ep3 the rape scene...why no followup??? then. it hit me. i zzZzzz on fri. duh.

actually, was pretty upset that i missed ep4. i mean...1hr less of ann kok T__TT and..that...that suave yummy shaun...oooh. i remember his ch8 drama.

back then, i refused to even watch when i walked past the tv set. i mean, hes ugly. his hairstyle leaves much to be desired. he speaks funny(no pun to msia accented chinese) and his acting... .... and anyway, i wasnt watching much tv at all then. so i couldnt be bothered to watch either.

ep 5 - last night, all was good

ep 6 - made me upset again. i missed ep3....then i thought of going to chU's webby to read up. maybe i could even find the episode synopsis. ch8 has them for their shows...

yes. there is the chU mag..but...i do not have it on hand.

to my horror. the stars section of mediaworks webby is gone. and theres not even a mircosite on changing lanes. and i thought i could read up on shaun chen / ann kok at the stars section...

then i resorted to a search on the net for info related to the drama - my long rambling story ends here. i am happy now

shaun chen, given the new image...looks way better! and i am quite convinced by his performance in changing lanes now...he does have the potential to develop even more as a credible actor. i was too hasty and judgemental then. (eiyer...see handsome guy immediately change my views...hahahahaa)

ann kok...hehe. welcome back. isnt she pretty? chio right?! okok. i better stop it. lest you guys get the wrong idea lol.

wuchang. we love you. keep up the good work

(double posting. apologies)

you are fast. lol.
    or, i took a long time to type that chunk up there.

good work!
    在人生的舞台上
    每个人都是演员
    大家都能演好自己的角色
    ...除非你选错了角色
    - ep8 / 星锁 (2000)

Thanks helkel.

You make it sound like it's work.

Talking

not work...it is an unexplainable? zest to dish up good stuff for the general public.

good stuff!

er..good night everybody
    在人生的舞台上
    每个人都是演员
    大家都能演好自己的角色
    ...除非你选错了角色
    - ep8 / 星锁 (2000)

Wuchang, may I confess my undying love for you?

I am very happy to see such positive news and reviews. I again am crying because I am not living in singapore/JB AND I doubt this series will ever ever be realeased in VCD format. For that I like to thanks Wuchang for the screencaps, at least I am missin a lot, but not all of it!

I am also so happy that finally i have found a place which says something positive about dear Shaun. Very very happy.

Keep the reviews, screencaps, and recaps going.

By the way Wuchang, I was early online today and for a moment of horror, I though WHAT NO SCREENCAPS?!

God bless, you were at home watching! Thank you!

Anyway a comment on episode 6. That kind twin has such a sad sad life. This marcus is really really mean. It will be interesting in how nice he will be and how the other twin tries to outmatch him and I predict ended up falling in love with him. I predict!

Wuchang love the screencaps it's like I am watching it. You're right make more screencaps, no need to recap much..The screencaps basically answered my question, why she killed herself. Bastard started ruining her life and everybody else kinda made her life hell as well. It's a very real problem isn't it.

Just two questions to those who are watching this ...

1. everybody thought she made a false report is it? That was why her BF's mom refused to acknowledge her? But that shouldn't mean she should just jump and in a twist of irony ...well drama, this is drama but so very interesting, much more than the usual bland TVB series.

2. I notice in the last 2 screencaps for episode 6 the words written were "What good have you done in your life? Noty a single good deed" Is this a voice over by someone and who said this?
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 10-20-04 at 01:04 PM.

Default can anyone enlighten me?

as i worked at night, i have not seen this show though i see the shots off and now. from today's paper, i learnt that xiuwen = ann kok died.
    may i know how she die? i knew that she was raped (sorry to use such a word). maybe u can tell me tomorrow. i hated pretty girls dying in shows lah. hehe.

Thumbs up Wu Chang 万岁!

Wu Chang , u r 超人! Amazed by those efforts u r putting in......
    Thank you ya!
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~