Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Champion - Ren Wo Ao You

Oh yeah... some episodes, I think 16, was all about swimming and nothing else. There isn't much of Toro, I like him. And maybe that's why I like this series. Two more episodes, 19's coming today.
    My Paper (A Chinese Online Journal)
    If you can read Chinese, go there when you're really bored, there's cute pictures of my cat and my dog.
    http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/news/tupple

Hey last episode tomorrow. still hopping that the ending is not a typical singaporean ending. Hope my favorite couple stays together.

It's definitely not your typical ending. It's a "vote for the ending of your choice through SMS" type of ending. Kinda populist. The popular ending will be shown tomorrow in a special clip before the new series, My Mighty In-Laws is about to start.

Two choices:

a) Kaiwei ends up with Yixuan
    b) Kaiwei chooses Jingwen.

I really don't like this. Too gimicky.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wuchang
    It's definitely not your typical ending. It's a "vote for the ending of your choice through SMS" type of ending. Kinda populist. The popular ending will be shown tomorrow in a special clip before the new series, My Mighty In-Laws is about to start.

Two choices:

a) Kaiwei ends up with Yixuan
    b) Kaiwei chooses Jingwen.

I really don't like this. Too gimicky.
    I guess they already have the answer, no matter wat viewers select, they just show the version they have, dun think they will waste $$$ to shoot another and put in store room... as a media tat want to make $$$, doubt they will do that lo.

Even they really shoot one extra scene, those sms mayb can cover the cost and make 电话公司赚钱,电视台赚收视,电视观众给钱人家赚咯!
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

I prefer Kaiwei with Jingwen. Yixuan may seem like a nice girl and she is in general. However, she is in fact very self-centered. she goes off and pursue her interests, her happiness and only comes back to the familiar when she needs to. As far as I am concerned, she has given Kaiwei up earlier and should not come back and fight for him. but then love is selfish. still I do not like Yixuan this person very much. Can't stand such character. seemingly seems nice but the most self-centered kind of person in actual fact. and the worse thing is that because she is seemingly nice, everyone has a sweet, good impression of her. Can't even yell at her..it will just make others look bad.

hey...rumblimg because I do know of real-life people that are like that.

bleah.. louusy show.. no offence la but the show has no plot. actors can't act. wat happened to toro's water polo team?! especially yan sing shu's 'i luv u'.. OH NO!!!

yah..there is not much plot to this show..that kind of sucs...

anyway, my mom was just joking that she hardly sees toro swimming..except in that one scene in the beginning when he first met kaixin in the water polo team.

Well, the verdict is out!

It seems the audience also prefer kaiwei with Jingwen.

Oh well, that is quite expected, afterall Jeanette Aw is more popular than the other girl (what's her name?? ).
    As for the no plot part, its expected too, its an idol show afterall. The show ended with a swimming meet with the flying fish team beating the Seagulls team. And Jingwen and Yixuan both winning the first prize for whatever stroke they compete in. Sigh... so predictable.

i saw e ending man.. i missed abit.. arg!! all i noe is i saw jingwen n kaiwei at sum place.. den yixuan gave bth of em e necklace, n finish... lidat onli lorss...
    [`The Champions`]
    Toro-Fiona-Yan XingShu-Jeanette-Qi YuWu-Felicia-Xiao Qiao
    [`Yi Xin Ren RaWks!`]
    -shaun chen-ann kok-

Although some complaints were given, this series really got a huge success when airing. In the official site, Xie Jia Jun- portrayed by Toro is the most fav character (more than 2 millions audience voted for Xie Jia Jun – 47%). And the 2nd most fav actor is Guo JingLong. Why people pay attention to Kaiwei but he only got 0.83% ?

Hmm, Toro's character in The Champion was quite a wimp and non-existent for the most part. I think the reason why he had so many votes is because he has a large fanbase, not only in Singapore but other countries as well. As for Huai En (Guo Jinglong), he also has the backing of his fanbase. The same cannot be said for the other actors and actresses who are mainly unknown outside of Singapore. And in fact, they are considered newcomers in Singapore.

Yeah I was kind of disappointed that he wasn't in most of the series, And the ending... was not great. Unlike the great outsiders 2 ending.
    My Paper (A Chinese Online Journal)
    If you can read Chinese, go there when you're really bored, there's cute pictures of my cat and my dog.
    http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/news/tupple

typical singaporean show. The best they can make out of it is to let the audience vote. Hiyah this mathod also used quite a few times liao. So sad thought that channel 8 shows have finally might make an improvement, diappointed. To think i stop watching channel 8 shows since i was in secondary school until now finally watch this show plus got the vcd then the ending like this. I dare Channel 8 to come out with a controversial issue like the coach and jingwen together. Something like that will be fresh. Watching "Like My Own"now

man Kaiwei and Jingwen are cute couple i like this movie a lot

dun like it.. poor acting and plot... got ppl that are totally = 100% bad... the character development sucks... where got ppl in the world totally gd or bad?
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE

Wow, unbelieveable, somebody bumped an one year old thread.

Crappy as this show may be, it is one of the nominees for best drama serial for Star Awards. Yes, Mediacorpse has truly degenerated...

lol i didn't know this movie was long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Wow, unbelieveable, somebody bumped an one year old thread.

Crappy as this show may be, it is one of the nominees for best drama serial for Star Awards. Yes, Mediacorpse has truly degenerated...
    hey BS do you know what's the title of the English song in the scene that Kaiwei sit in the beach and think about Yixuan ??

Quote Originally Posted by FallinInLov
    hey BS do you know what's the title of the English song in the scene that Kaiwei sit in the beach and think about Yixuan ??
    I'm sorry I don't remember, the show was shown over a year ago... heh, my memory is not that good.

i love this series alot..the story is not bad..with all the swimming too..it really motivates me to practice more on swimming.hehehe..too addictive..
    ~Pinky **