Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Conqueror's Story 《楚漢驕雄》

I just hope the battle scenes are good. I'm not asking for them to be like the opening sequence of "Gladiator", I just want them to be exciting enough for me to watch. From the screenshots, the battles look pretty promising.

Here's hoping they don't degenerate into cheesy B-quality scenes:

Guy with spear: "I will kill you with my spear now! DIE!" *poke, poke*
    Other guy: "Ugh, you've got me...I must die in a half-assed fashion now" *falls to the ground with tongue sticking out* "I am dead now."
    I'm not a robot like you. I don't like having disks crammed into me... unless they're Oreos, and then only in the mouth - Fry

Quote Originally Posted by ylee_coyote
    I just hope the battle scenes are good. I'm not asking for them to be like the opening sequence of "Gladiator", I just want them to be exciting enough for me to watch. From the screenshots, the battles look pretty promising.

Other guy: "Ugh, you've got me...I must die in a half-assed fashion now" *falls to the ground with tongue sticking out* "I am dead now."
    lol~i'm afraid tvb would do that since most of their fighting scenes r cheesy nowadays!! but i heard the battles r very grand & intriguing so let's keep our fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by lindaliu
    I am really looking forward to this series.
    I think that is so challenging for all the actors to portray these too famous and too difficult characters that only the try should deserve our recognition.
    I am personally a KW's fan and I think he has the "royal" look for the character.
    yes~i really have confidence in their acting no doubt. juz hope tvb won't change too much historical facts like they always do

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    I wonder why Adam looks as if he wants to cry on his wedding day? (first pic)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamcheng22447
    Perhaps the bride (Lui Chi) doesn't show up LOL. He looks so sad in these captures contrary to the ones I've seen in TVB Weekly.
    haha~ liu bang doesn't look really depressed in this article! it says lu zhi's father interrups the wedding

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/tvb353_2a.jpg')

Mind telling me what you expect the fighting scenes to be? Your empress Lui on the horse beating up warriors huh? hehe.
    ♥ Adam

Talking

LOL!!! HAHA!! That'd actually turn out to be a great comedy.
    On October 25...
    Go back in time to the Chu-Han War

the 2nd promotion trailer fr chow goon fascination collection~

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad11.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad9.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad13.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad14.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad15.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad16.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad17.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad12.jpg')

Oh..why does Adam Cheng still has leading roles?

Quote Originally Posted by yufeifei
    Oh..why does Adam Cheng still has leading roles?
    Oh, why not?
    ♥ Adam

Wink

To yufeifei,

TVB hasn't found anyone to replace Adam Cheng yet, hence we still see him around in alot of series these past years. Age is not a factor for him that's why people call him the evergreen. Adam is truly a gifted actor with many many talents in him!! I've encountered him acting in "Chor Hon Giu Hung" with my own eyes as a tourist no lie, 90% of the time he finished his scene in one shot! He only had to redo when his co-star messed up or he suddenly cracked up if that particular scene was funny. Adam takes everything serious when it comes to filming, e.g. he would re-check the scene they just filmed to see if it was perfecly done! Many times I saw the director asking Adam for "instruction" since Adam had more experience filming "ancient" series than he did.

Mr. Cheng is also not an arrogant big star as far as I know. His professionalism, attitude and status gained respect from me and the crowd who watched him filming!! I hope I've answered your question regarding "why Adam Cheng still have leading role".

Thanks yulingfung for the caps!! They look so good!
    Last edited by angel_luvz; 10-09-04 at 01:06 AM.

Mind telling me what you expect the fighting scenes to be? Your empress Lui on the horse beating up warriors huh? hehe.
    Haha, I wouldn't go that far (although that'd be pretty cool). I'm just asking for the battles to show some semblance of military strategy. Too many times have I seen tv battles that basically consisted of people on an open field running at each other with aluminum swords and plastic spears, screaming at the top of their lungs.

Commander: "Gentlemen, what you do now will echo throughout eternity!"

Soldier: "Hey! You stole that bit from 'Gladiator'"

Commander: "Err...Shut up! Now, ready your swords...but don't hold it up too high, cause there's a strong wind today and we don't want the blades to flap around and bend"

Soldier: "Tsk, lousy production values..."

Commander: "Alright everybody, run as fast as you can and scream like you're crazy....but try to look cool while you're doing it...cause you know, we don't want people to think you're actually crazy"

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    I wonder why Adam looks as if he wants to cry on his wedding day? (first pic)
    My theory, Liu Bang's probably getting cold feet. He's scared that he's going to lose his swinging bachelorhood when he gets married.

But he'll perk up again when he realizes that he can have as many wives and concubines as he wants
    I'm not a robot like you. I don't like having disks crammed into me... unless they're Oreos, and then only in the mouth - Fry

Man Kwong Wa looks so cool in the costume!
    I never really like maggie and melissa is okay.
    Couldn't they get better ladies to act.
    This story seem interesting though.

Haha, I wouldn't go that far (although that'd be pretty cool). I'm just asking for the battles to show some semblance of military strategy. Too many times have I seen tv battles that basically consisted of people on an open field running at each other with aluminum swords and plastic spears, screaming at the top of their lungs.

Commander: "Gentlemen, what you do now will echo throughout eternity!"

Soldier: "Hey! You stole that bit from 'Gladiator'"

Commander: "Err...Shut up! Now, ready your swords...but don't hold it up too high, cause there's a strong wind today and we don't want the blades to flap around and bend"

Soldier: "Tsk, lousy production values..."

Commander: "Alright everybody, run as fast as you can and scream like you're crazy....but try to look cool while you're doing it...cause you know, we don't want people to think you're actually crazy"

My theory, Liu Bang's probably getting cold feet. He's scared that he's going to lose his swinging bachelorhood when he gets married.

But he'll perk up again when he realizes that he can have as many wives and concubines as he wants

haha!! What is swinging bachelorhood? I think what you're saying is "fear", while Liu bang looks as if he's depressed or something!

Default I am not really excited about this series

though it seems like Maggie's character would be interesting to watch.

"Swinging bachelorhood" = active single's life

How old is Maggie & melissa? their real age.

Adam cheng & kong wah is good-looking for their age since they are middle-aged men, adam probably in his 50's since he was in several of TVB's 1970's drama series such as 1970's heaven sword & dragon sabre & adventures of chor lau heung

and Kong Wah is probably in his 40's since he was casted as the leading actor in many many 1980's & 1990's ATV drama series and also as main supporting actor roles in many 1980's & 1990's atv drama tv series such as "the silver tycoon", "the shen saga" & "HK criminal archives-the bloody box", "the cruel lover", "the return of the truth" and etc..

If anyone is interested, some of the above series on vcds boxsets, some newly released can be found at

1. http://www.malmusic.com
    2. http://www.sensasian.com

Quote Originally Posted by earth4477
    How old is Maggie & melissa? their real age.
    I think Maggie is 34 this year and Cerina is 24. You're right about Adam but I'm not sure about Kwong Wa
    ♥ Adam

3rd batch of 'the conqueror' trailer on tv
    thanx to chow goon fascination collection~~

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad20.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad21.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad22.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad23.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://usera.imagecave.com/yulingfung/ad25.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by angel_luvz
    To yufeifei,

TVB hasn't found anyone to replace Adam Cheng yet, hence we still see him around in alot of series these past years. Age is not a factor for him that's why people call him the evergreen. Adam is truly a gifted actor with many many talents in him!! I've encountered him acting in "Chor Hon Giu Hung" with my own eyes as a tourist no lie, 90% of the time he finished his scene in one shot! He only had to redo when his co-star messed up or he suddenly cracked up if that particular scene was funny. Adam takes everything serious when it comes to filming, e.g. he would re-check the scene they just filmed to see if it was perfecly done! Many times I saw the director asking Adam for "instruction" since Adam had more experience filming "ancient" series than he did.

Mr. Cheng is also not an arrogant big star as far as I know. His professionalism, attitude and status gained respect from me and the crowd who watched him filming!! I hope I've answered your question regarding "why Adam Cheng still have leading role".

Thanks yulingfung for the caps!! They look so good!

Thanks for the explanation. I am sure Adam Cheng is a true professional. I have watched his series as long as I can remember and thought perhaps it is time for him to kick back a little. Also, I really have a difficult time watching him playing some martial hero...he's just too (soft) ... just my 2 cents ...

I think Maggie is 34 this year and Cerina is 24. You're right about Adam but I'm not sure about Kwong Wa
    Kwong Wah was born on November 19, 1964, that makes him 40 years old this November.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniflame
    Kwong Wah was born on November 19, 1964, that makes him 40 years old this November.

I thought he was older than that like in his mid or late 40's since he was casted as in leading actor roles & supporting actor roles in many of ATV's 1980's & 1990's drama tv series.

He stated in an interview that he hope that TVB would give him many good chances in good roles in tvb's series. His wish have come true. He have been either casted in good leading actor roles or major supporting roles in many TVB's series such as
    'Lady Flower fist", "journey to the west I & II", "the legend of lady yang", "the stamp of love", "stitches & riches", "crimson sabre 2000" and etc..

He is lucky to be given many chances in good leading actor roles major supporting roles in both TVB & ATV while other actors within the same age range and/or younger & good-looking & have good acting ability, single without kids, don't have that MANY chances in those good leading roles & major supporting roles as he does
    such as actors "Ng, Ngai Cheung" who played the villain in Warrior Period II

and Ellesmere Choy Tze Kin who played the emperor in "the kung fu master" & "the legendary four aces"

and Wilson Lam Chun Yin in "the foundling's progress" & "shanghai conspiracy" & in "Ho Ching"

and David Shiu Chung Hung in "the greed of Man" & "A time of taste" & "the land of condors".