Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Conqueror's Story 《楚漢驕雄》

Quote Originally Posted by KeSiTinh
    Adam Cheng 57 now ...
    Too old ...

But still work for money ...

Just think about ... he play movie for age 40 up to watch ... young like 20 - 30 they get suprise when see main character old like him ...

He not a good actor ...
    the reason he popular because he has a wife rich ...
    so wats the problem of being old?? theres so many 'old' artistes in tvb with good acting skills, and besides u tink most young artistes with good acting skills? some just purely haf their appearances which leads to their popularities
    "He who wins people, prospers; he who loses them, fails. Your present plan should be to seek humans of high aims and farseeing views, and you can establish yourself firmly." Zhou Yu

omg...Adam is the best...
    and KeSiTinh, who r u 2 judge ppl on their acting skills...oh please...i bet u couldnt act half as good as Adam!So wat if he's older than other actors...at least he has the talent!frankly i fail 2 c that in a lot of the new actors/actresses...in fact they lack in the field of talent!
    Adam has been in this industry way longer than all those newcomers...and i dont c wat is wrong with him gettin lead roles...
    frankly, i think TVB has picked the rite person 2 play Lau Bong....Adam rules!

oh and btw...2 answer ur q adamcheng22447, ive just finished watchin eps 13....Adam is so cute!haha i shouldnt really b watchin cos got so much work 2 do...but i cant help it!haha...addicted rite now!

Quote Originally Posted by uk_angel
    omg...Adam is the best...
    and KeSiTinh, who r u 2 judge ppl on their acting skills...oh please...i bet u couldnt act half as good as Adam!So wat if he's older than other actors...at least he has the talent!frankly i fail 2 c that in a lot of the new actors/actresses...in fact they lack in the field of talent!
    Adam has been in this industry way longer than all those newcomers...and i dont c wat is wrong with him gettin lead roles...
    frankly, i think TVB has picked the rite person 2 play Lau Bong....Adam rules!

oh and btw...2 answer ur q adamcheng22447, ive just finished watchin eps 13....Adam is so cute!haha i shouldnt really b watchin cos got so much work 2 do...but i cant help it!haha...addicted rite now!
    Oh yeah, he gets Ham Yeung in episode 13, my favorite Some people think Lau Bong is lucky for winning Ham Yeung without much killings compared to Hong Yu, I'd say he uses better strategy hehe. By the way, I think the actor (forgot his name) who plays Cheung Leung doesn't fit his role, I guess it's because of the weird moustache that he has.
    ♥ Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adamcheng22447
    Oh yeah, he gets Ham Yeung in episode 13, my favorite Some people think Lau Bong is lucky for winning Ham Yeung without much killings compared to Hong Yu, I'd say he uses better strategy hehe. By the way, I think the actor (forgot his name) who plays Cheung Leung doesn't fit his role, I guess it's because of the weird moustache that he has.
    that particular scene of lau bong winning ham yeung was touchy! lau bong & the emperor of ham yeung didn't want their ppl to live hin horror so lau bong made a promise not to let them suffer~~ hong yu was furious & decided to kill lau bong:[
    sometimes he's too over-confident of himself, no wonder that will lead to his downfall la.
    i'm anticipating in the next ep where hong yu's cousin tries to assassinate lau bong at hongmen dinner! a famous historical event~

I dunno but this series isn't all that great as it's hyped up to be. I think Adam Cheng's performance in here is okay...Compared to his older series, like Greed of Man, his acting doesn't seen as convincing anymore. I think he would've been a better Hong Yu

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi4everyone
    I dunno but this series isn't all that great as it's hyped up to be. I think Adam Cheng's performance in here is okay...Compared to his older series, like Greed of Man, his acting doesn't seen as convincing anymore. I think he would've been a better Hong Yu
    yea, there's nothing unusual or really interesting abt this history-based series. we already know who will win, who will lose n basically the whole storyline itself! most fans r interested in how it's filmed since tvb hardly films something like this recently

adam's acting in gom was a challenge for him cos it was the first time he filmed a lunetic character, thus it's considered a breakthru. lau bong is portrayed as a hoodlum emperor, hence it's much easier for adam! he already reached his climax so i dun think his acting can break gom, but who knows~

u r right, many ppl have said adam could've been a great hong yu cos he has that hero look (the 1 he filmed in tvb sales presentation). but the director stressed that he couldn't think of any1 else to play lau bong better than adam

i prefer adam in lau bong's role instead of hong yu. he has that carefree looks n funny facial expression that makes this drama less serious i also dun want to see him dies at the end either if he plays hong yu

All i can say is that this is a good ancient drama.

OMG!! Chapter 15 was sooo good, intense intense! I totally loved how the Hongmen party was set up to kill Lau Bong but he managed to escape with the help of Chan Ping! Lau Bong's conversation and argument with Hong Yu really surprised me b/c Lau Bong was being very brave.

I couldn't tolerate the way LuiChi talked to LauBong. I mean she couldn've shown some respect to her husband!! Maggie's acting is good, evil, ambitious, but she's not a good wife to me lol. Adam is forever funny! Hong Yu is pushing him to the very end by giving him bad lands, so he will retaliate. I can't wait to watch the serious side of Lau Bong!! Btw, I'm starting to dislike Hong Yu for his stupidity and arrogance. Geez! He crowned himself, so funny lol. This is such a great history series. I really enjoy it and again everyone did a very very awesome job!!

Banned

This movie suck .. i finish it already ...

How is that possible when the series is still being released?
    On October 25...
    Go back in time to the Chu-Han War

You don't have much of a communication with your TVB video rental store, do you?

I've asked around in different countries and the most advanced tape that is out is Tape 8, meaning around Episode 24. TCS is around 40 episodes. Cable is showing the episodes as HK, meaning episode 15 or 16.

I just wonder if you are highly imaginative or just delusional!

If you're finished with this series, I understand. But there is no way you ave watched all the way to episode 40 at this time, unless you are with TVB's editing department.

More than half the people in HK know the ending already as it is a popular tale, but not many would have completed the TVB series.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I'm up to tape 6 now and so far i really enjoy watching it....it's so addicting for some reason, even though TVB changed some things again...

what made this series good....
    -some of the comedy made this series more enjoyable and most importantly it wasn't outragous and made things easier to understand
    -they have an intro (before the themevideo) of what the main idea of each episode is because a lot of famous quotes came from that time so they are showing us how that came about
    -has a great cast, i love the fact that none of the main cast are mainland actor/actresses (not that i have anything against them it's just that it's annoying to have people's voice being dubbed) and they didn't work with mainland so that's a good thing since i haven't seen any good series that worked with mainland (ex:Blade Heart/Twin of Brothers)
    -great acting/costumes/script, i don't know about the storylien just yet because i'm only on tape 4 but it's great that the script is traditional and Kwong Wa definitely deserves some props for his excellent job portraying hsi character, he made it seem real and the fact that he always had to raise his deep voice shows all the effort he puts into this series. It also covers the flaws of him not "looking" like Haong Yu since he has a rather skinny face and this historical figure was known to have a chubby face (but that's no big deal, i doubt that ppl even notice that)
    -good themesongs, well it fits the series and Kwong Wa's singing isn't half bad....lol (i think it sounds better than Adam's voice but then again that's just me)
    -tape 6 was really good and the fact that KHung Yu loves Yu Gei so much surprised me but when she gets captured by the enemy what will happen to her...will she still be safe and return to Hung Yu?

Don't you have a life? Get a freaking life and stop causing trouble in all the forums. HK hasn't even finished airing HALF OF THE SERIES YET AND YOU FINISHED ALREADY? I can tell that you're not even Chinese from your name HAHAHA. If Chinese hasn't finished releasing TCS then there's NO WAY it's dubbed in another language. In your dreams.

Edit: Oh this is a series, not a movie. I thought I told you this before? Uhh.
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 11-14-04 at 12:26 AM.
    ♥ Adam

i guess that guy dont know how to enjoy good series.
    this series is by far the best for tvb this year. way better then twins of brother(dragon). this series dont drag at all, keeps me wanting to watch what happens in the next esp. hope it dont end up like that other recent adam cheng series where it starts good and it just sucks in the end.

did adam's character kill everyone later? cus thats the real story right? he force hung yie to commit suicide and killed his brothers?
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    this series is by far the best for tvb this year. way better then twins of brother(dragon). this series dont drag at all, keeps me wanting to watch what happens in the next esp. hope it dont end up like that other recent adam cheng series where it starts good and it just sucks in the end.

did adam's character kill everyone later? cus thats the real story right? he force hung yie to commit suicide and killed his brothers?
    Oh heck, this series is MUCH MUCH better than "Blade Heart" so yeah don't worry.

Nahh Adam's character Lau Bong didn't kill his men. I don't think he forced Hong Yu to commit suicide because Hong Yu had such high self-esteem, he wouldn't wanna lose to Lau Bong so he committed suicide. The one who killed all of Lau Bong's followers was his wife Lui Chi (according to history).
    ♥ Adam

KeSiTinh, I think you have a problem. Please get help!

Does anybody know if Adam has released his album for TCS or BH (blade heart) songs? I love his singing!! I wish there's a full themesong of TCS out there or do you know where I can find the lyric? Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by angel_luvz
    KeSiTinh, I think you have a problem. Please get help!

Does anybody know if Adam has released his album for TCS or BH (blade heart) songs? I love his singing!! I wish there's a full themesong of TCS out there or do you know where I can find the lyric? Thanks for your help!
    I have the full theme song sung by Adam, I PM you about it Here's the lyric of TCS theme song.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chowfan/b6ae0238.jpg')
    ♥ Adam

I agree with your insight

I don think this series will show adam kill almost all his follower. i guess the person that is going to die is hoh sun, cheung leung, yu kei and xiang yu.

Quote Originally Posted by ken2004
    I don think this series will show adam kill almost all his follower. i guess the person that is going to die is hoh sun, cheung leung, yu kei and xiang yu.
    Nope,Cheung Leung wasn't killed by Lau Bong.He "retired" after Lau Bong became Hang GauZou. A really smart guy.