Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: if singapore is to film hsds

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    btw, anyone want to support/disapprove my fiona xie or erica as zm? hehe.
    As I previously mentioned, Fiona looks too young and childish to play Zhao Min. She doesn't have the presence that Zhao Min exudes. Erica doesn't cut it as an actress for me.
    玉木宏

blog

Default thank u junny for the one needle see blood

and sorry my fiona and erica. a quick check shows that pris and jeanette appears to be very popular. they are nominated for all the roles except zhu-er. hehe.

currently, the score is still
    (a) zm: may/vivian/sun li (2 votes each). "very tough"
    (b) zzr: pris chan (3 votes) yvonne (2 votes) jeanette (2 votes) - "suddenly, pris chan has competition"
    (c) xiao chao: jeanette (3 votes) florence (3 votes) - "experience counts"
    (d) chu-er: michelle low (3 votes) - "strong as ever. dun worry, if michelle is not free, we can ask pat mok."

p.s. i rest my case for my nominations. hehe.

Erm im kinda curious, but I want to know who sun li is? Sorry, I have no idea who she is. Perhaps a picture of her?

Erm are u all sure that u all want florence back as xiao zhao? She might not be willing to act the same role again. But since its our spcnet singapore version of HSDS, it will be ok
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

my opnion,

zm: joanne peh!! ( i think she'll able to portray zm quite well plus she's really pretty), sun li (pretty and has the k'ter of zm), le yao ( she's cute n is bubbly like zm), yvonne lim (though i think the 1st 3 r prettier n cuter)

zzr: vivian lai!!( she's really sweet, gd for 1st part n she's capable of turning really bad for e 2nd part...i think she suits zzr more thn zm la), priscelia chan....its tough for zzr cause she needs to b really pretty n a great actress frm gentle n kind to evil n cold

xiao zhao: florence tan (she was great) or jeanette aw
    zhu er: nt really sure....

zwj:....i'll think abt it 1st...vincent ng is a gd pick though

yss: no doubt phyllis or jacelyn...(they'll both make pretty gd yss)
    zcs: terrence chao

scs: alan tern...he fits e role

yang xiao: christopher lee

*i dun think fiona xie suits zm, or as a matter of fact any other kter... she doesnt seem to b able to play period series...i think she'll look v weird...and her acting's still quite raw to play such challenging roles...she's still better off in those modern stero cutie kinda roles*
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 10-02-04 at 01:06 PM.

oh no no... pls dun flim HSDS within this 2-3yrs again. seeing too much of this adaption will be sick! haha anyway I dun tink Mediacorp r willing spend on such big ancient budget drama.

[QUOTE=sunnysnow]my opnion,

zm: joanne peh!! ( i think she'll able to portray zm quite well plus she's really pretty), sun li (pretty and has the k'ter of zm), le yao ( she's cute n is bubbly like zm), yvonne lim (though i think the 1st 3 r prettier n cuter)

QUOTE]

ah yes, Joanne Peh sounds like an interesting choice too. She has that cunning and mischevious look.

hehe, srry but I too dun think Erica cuts it in any role. For one she looks too modern and her acting ability is very suspect.

anyway, here's some pics of Sun Li. She has lots of experience playin Wuxia roles.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sunli.xxking.com/photo/book/book02.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sunli.xxking.com/photo/pal/pal01.jpg')

credit http://sunli.xxking.com/

[QUOTE=Gunner]
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    my opnion,

QUOTE]

ah yes, Joanne Peh sounds like an interesting choice too. She has that cunning and mischevious look.

hehe, srry but I too dun think Erica cuts it in any role. For one she looks too modern and her acting ability is very suspect.

anyway, here's some pics of Sun Li. She has lots of experience playin Wuxia roles.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sunli.xxking.com/photo/book/book02.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sunli.xxking.com/photo/pal/pal01.jpg')

credit http://sunli.xxking.com/
    yeap i like sun li especially in book n sword 02 her role as li yuanzhi...i think she or joanne peh will b able to play zm well...i dunno abt others bt i feel that sun li looks somewhat like alyssa frm different angles..

Default Sun Li as zm

That's Sun Li? Wow, she does bare some resemblance to Alyssa. I feel that she suits the zm character now. wkeej, u think its ok if we have a revote where all of us can only vote for the person whom we think is the best as that character. No double voting. For eg: I can only vote for vivian lai or sun li for zm and not both.
    My decisions now:
    zm - Sun Li
    zzr - Priscelia Chan
    Xiao Zhao - jeanette
    Zhu-er - Michelle Low

With regards to Fiona Xia as zm.......I dont like it Perhaps she has acted too many comical+cute roles that I feel that she will look awkward in those wuxia series. I cant imagine her being zm.
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

Default oh no, more competition

after a quick tally, it seems that:
    zm - Sun Li
    zzr - Priscelia Chan
    Xiao Zhao - jeanette
    Zhu-er - Michelle Low

after hearing what snow says, i am having my doubts about pris chan to be zzr. yes, my first nomination, vivian, should be more suitable, either as zm or zzr.
    (1) shall we bring vivian back somehow?
    (2) pris chan will have a tough fight with jeanette for xiao zhao then?
    (3) and let michelle be the winner for zhu-er?

Sun Li as Zhao Min would be a good choice. She would look compatible with Chew Chor Meng (if you're casting him as Zhang Wuji), has that aristocratic air about her and can be adorable and mischievous, as per Zhao Min's character.

Priscelia Chan looks too young and kiddy to play Zhou Zhiruo. She might be a better Xiaozhao.

wkeej, if you want to include Vivian Lai, she would be suitable playing Zhou Zhiruo. She looks demure and vulnerable enough, and I think she could carry off the transformation quite well.

Jeanette Aw looks a tad old for Xiaozhao.
    玉木宏

blog

Default sun li and michelle

shall we keep them for zm and zhu-er? and then debate who to play zzr and xiao zhao? generally, the contenders are (not in any order of preference):
    (1) vivian
    (2) jeanette
    (3) pris chan
    (4) yvonne
    (5) florence - of course, she will only play xiao zhao if selected.

my preferences are vivian to play zzr and pris chan as xiao zhao.

at the same time, think about zwj too. the contenders seem to be:
    (1) chew chor meng (more popular)
    (2) vincent tan

my preference is vincent as ccm seems to be too old. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    shall we keep them for zm and zhu-er? and then debate who to play zzr and xiao zhao? generally, the contenders are (not in any order of preference):
    (1) vivian
    (2) jeanette
    (3) pris chan
    (4) yvonne
    (5) florence - of course, she will only play xiao zhao if selected.

my preferences are vivian to play zzr and pris chan as xiao zhao.

at the same time, think about zwj too. the contenders seem to be:
    (1) chew chor meng (more popular)
    (2) vincent tan

my preference is vincent as ccm seems to be too old. hehe.
    cool, i take it ZM and Zhu-er are decided. If we have to make only one choice, i'm still sticking with Pris Chan for ZZR and Jeanette for Xiao Zhao. Personally I think Pris Chan is very pretty in a demure kinda way. She played a demure role for that WWII mini-drama with Qi Yiwu and then also showed she can vary her acting by playing a spunky girl who was sisters with May Phua. Let's not forget ZZR isn't really pure evil personified. She's just deluded and suffering from SERIOUS emotional trauma. Furthermore, Xiao Zhao is supposed to have Persian blood and ZZR looks more 'Chinese' with her smaller eyes than Vivian or Jeanette.

As for ZWJ, I'm also sticking with CCM. We know he's old in real life, but you can't really tell by looking at him. He's handsome in a boyish way and yet isn't too pretty-boyishly handsome for him to be convincing as an indecisive ZWJ. Btw, who's Vincent Tan? Anyone got a pic of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner
    cool, i take it ZM and Zhu-er are decided. If we have to make only one choice, i'm still sticking with Pris Chan for ZZR and Jeanette for Xiao Zhao. Personally I think Pris Chan is very pretty in a demure kinda way. She played a demure role for that WWII mini-drama with Qi Yiwu and then also showed she can vary her acting by playing a spunky girl who was sisters with May Phua. Let's not forget ZZR isn't really pure evil personified. She's just deluded and suffering from SERIOUS emotional trauma. Furthermore, Xiao Zhao is supposed to have Persian blood and ZZR looks more 'Chinese' with her smaller eyes than Vivian or Jeanette.

As for ZWJ, I'm also sticking with CCM. We know he's old in real life, but you can't really tell by looking at him. He's handsome in a boyish way and yet isn't too pretty-boyishly handsome for him to be convincing as an indecisive ZWJ. Btw, who's Vincent Tan? Anyone got a pic of him?
    Priscilla Chan is fine to me. In fact, I think I want to watch a demure, gentle, pretty actress being ZZR! But this time, I hope for a better ending for ZZR.
    Happy Birthday Yuanyuan!! (5th October)

Default good morning

looks like pris chan has very strong support too. similarly for jeanette. hehe.

Default hi gunner, sorry make a mistake

should be vincent ng not tan.

Default also, shall we start another thread on how you want

our singapore production to end? we can use Avian's suggestions as a reference pt.

By Avian:
    Hmm, I looking forward towards a HSDS where the plot is somehow similar to the HSDS03 but with perhaps some parts changed and a completely different ending. I really dislike the idea of zzr vowing to become a a nun or having herself losing all her powers or dying. ANd i dont like the idea of zm jumping off a cliff either. Im looking for maybe some of the below endings, so some plot twisitng/changing might be needed. Some suggestions below:

(1) zzr with song qing shu. If chosen, sqs must not be portrayed as a super baddy character or viewers will feel that sqs does not deserve zzr. Maybe some romantic and touching scenes between them will help?

(2) zzr and zm ending up with zwj. Yup no xiao zhao here, lets just keep her in persia to save the female trouble. A plot where zzr and zm can co-exist have to be hinted throughout the plot if that is to take place. There must be acceptance between both girls and zwj must be willing to take them oth. Perhaps, both as the 1st wife? <=== to save the squibble on wife ranking.

(3) zwj ending up with xiao zhao. After all the fighting and female squibble, he realises that the one he loves most is xiao zhao and decides to go to persia to look for her or perhaps to be her bodyguard for life as xiao zhao cant married him. For this to take place, one must think what to do to zm and zzr.

(4) zwj ending up with xiao zhao, zm and zzr. Once again have to think of a way to let them co-exist and how to get xiao zhao back from persia. Do take note that xiao zhao became the chief in excahneg for her mum's safety. Will she be willing to risk it and to leave with zwj?

(5) Perhaps one of the ending can be where zm ends up with the son of the 7th prince. So the prince must not die in the series if this is chosen. Here, zm and the prince can return to tehir tribe and continue to rule china. zwj can end up with someone else. Maybe zzr? At the final scene, he can confess his love for zzr and beg her to return to the goody path.

Perhaps the ending can be a mixed of some of the above? Just some suggestions

Hi wkeej, lets not join the two topics together, you go start another thread
    Happy Birthday Yuanyuan!! (5th October)

Default done

please contribute yours. yours should be interesting. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritanto
    Hi wkeej, lets not join the two topics together, you go start another thread

seems like the roles of zm and zhu-er are decided.
    Im still voting priscelia as zzr and Jeanette for Xiao Zhao.

I dont like the idea of vincent as zwj. Zwj must be someone handsome enough to be able to attract 4 pretty ladies. I rather pick chew chor meng as he's still as charming as ever.

Anymore suitable zwj candidates around?
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

Quote Originally Posted by HynAvian
    seems like the roles of zm and zhu-er are decided.
    Im still voting priscelia as zzr and Jeanette for Xiao Zhao.

I dont like the idea of vincent as zwj. Zwj must be someone handsome enough to be able to attract 4 pretty ladies. I rather pick chew chor meng as he's still as charming as ever.

Anymore suitable zwj candidates around?
    yeah, Vincent is handsome, but doesn't have that refined, scholarly look which ZWJ is supposed to have.