Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtues of Harmony II 《皆大歡喜》

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    I was hoping it would never end!!!!!
    LOL. Now that's just too much. Hahaha. But seriously, there's still so much more that they can develop and talk about. And they can add in more characters to cover more professions (cops, lawyers, etc). *sigh* I want to see everyone get married and have kids. I don't know, I feel like VOH II has just started and now it is already over...
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetalAZNWarrior
    LOL. Now that's just too much. Hahaha. But seriously, there's still so much more that they can develop and talk about. And they can add in more characters to cover more professions (cops, lawyers, etc). *sigh* I want to see everyone get married and have kids. I don't know, I feel like VOH II has just started and now it is already over...
    I agree with you.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Not long enough for me. I was hoping for 1,000+ eps.... but so disappointed it ends at less than 800!
    is your version same as my version? how many minutes per episode is your version? my version is around 40 minutes per episode
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

rental VCD's comes in 2 episode per CD. that's 2 half-hour episodes.

everyone should be seeing the same version. just the time is different. some just watched a 20 something minutes episode, while others might be watching 2 episodes in 1 which should be 44 mins.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

ah so i guess my version has 400eps then. im only in ep 61
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

When I said less than 800, I meant the total of both ancient and modern versions combined.

ah i see so all in all how many eps is voh2? coz my version of voh1 is around 164 eps if im not mistaken
    cherrie

I believe it's 221 episodes for your version.

hm, so im barely half yet.... gotta speed up then!
    cherrie

waaa...voh2 filmed the ending alreadi..they showed it on tv in hk alreadi rite???
    A moment doens't last forever.
    Seriously, it does in my handbook since I don't know how to move on =T

Quote Originally Posted by LilMags051492
    waaa...voh2 filmed the ending alreadi..they showed it on tv in hk alreadi rite???
    No, it'll air later on tonight in HK (it's still only Saturday morning over there!). After the finale, there'll be a special show where the cast will discuss filming the series and their memories. So it'll be a few more hours until we find out what happens at the end. To be exact, Saturday morning/afternoon. Hehe. Wonder if there'll be any surprises!

No, it'll air later on tonight in HK (it's still only Saturday morning over there!). After the finale, there'll be a special show where the cast will discuss filming the series and their memories. So it'll be a few more hours until we find out what happens at the end. To be exact, Saturday morning/afternoon. Hehe. Wonder if there'll be any surprises!

well..ya gotta chance to see it..but i dun live in hk..i live in the us..so i probably..jus c the last tape..but not the other stuf..
    A moment doens't last forever.
    Seriously, it does in my handbook since I don't know how to move on =T

oh, i hope my version will show their interview!
    cherrie

so how many total eps are there.. im still on eps 400.

anyways people check out this site on my signature.. you cna dl stuff from there..
    bu bu jing xin

Overseas version will end at ep. 445

Overseas version will end at ep. 445
    thanks alot.. wow i still need to catch up with this series since some are saying they are done watching... did it show Bernice come back
    bu bu jing xin

No. Episode 443 is the finale for both Hong Kong and overseas version. But it's 45 minutes long. The first half is the finale for the series, the second half is an interview with the casts. Aiya.. so rushed.

And no, Bernice, Frankie, Hawick, and Cutie aren't in the finale. Very disappointing! Hopefully there'll be a sequel.

A very rushed, disappointing, and abrupt finale...

Grand Finale Details
    - Frankie Lam and Bernice Liu aren't back and it's not stated whether or not they ended up together, in fact, nothing it said about them at all
    - Linda Chung and Steven Ma marry and live happily ever after
    - Cutie Mui isn't mentioned either nor is Hawick Lau
    - Louis Yuen and Yvonne Lam finally marry
    - Lee Kwok Lun finally wins recognition and receives an award for his acting and thanks Kingdom Yuen, the only person who has always believed in him and has always supported and been by his side and they do marry
    - Stephanie Che is still alone and no one seems to want to date her
    - Bondy Chiu and Michael Tse discover that she's pregnant again (with twins)
    - Joyce Chen becomes a successful producer with Johnny Tang by her side helping her
    - Nancy Sit and Albert Lo reconcile

Although there is some closure to the plot, it is way too rushed and too short, making us viewers want to see what's in stored with the next chapter in the lives of the family. I honestly hope that there'll be a sequel or at least a spin-off series to continue the storyline because there's still so much more that they can talk about. Well, time will tell whether or not there'll be more. It is not the grand finale that I imagined. It should have been longer and while the interview with the casts is nice, it would have been much better if they used the time to show more of the show.

The most disappointing aspect is that not everyone is happy as the title states. At least they could have updated us verbally on Frankie, Bernice, Cutie, and Hawick. Even if they couldn't film or take part in the finale, at least mention them.

Disappointments
    - Too rushed, even more so than the ancient finale
    - No updates/closure on characters that have left
    - Man Gwai Fei never got to be a big part of the series and developed into the big villain (but then again, without Frankie's 'Ah Nin', this could never happen) and I was looking so forward to seeing Stephanie become the main focus of the series!
    - No closure on the Stephanie/Lau Dan subplot
    - No wedding shown besides that of Linda and Steven and even so, that was too short and not splendid

i can't help but read the ending! oh so disappointing! i wish they did not make the ending rushed; afterall, they had filmed 400+ eps, so why bother cut short around 40 minutes?
    cherrie

Hmm well I have 60 more episodes to watch until the finale anyways. So perhaps I will think more fondly/differently of the ending when I watch it 2 months later.