Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Split Second 《爭分奪秒》

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raymondlam
    i finished watching this serie and i think this serie really suck and its really confusing. I did not like it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by peetee
    holy crap can this show be any more boring and confusing there all so serious...all the time
    I wouldn't say it is boring, since it got my attention so fast, that I was jumping up and down when the situation get tensed!

Confusing? yes, it is confusing. I had to rewatch some parts a second time to understand what is actually going on.

Overall, this is really a good series with an ending that is never really and ending.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

It wasn't confusing for me. In fact, I thought the story as a whole was very good and well-conceived (uh... except for the love story between Alex and Yoyo which I agree was very illogical...). The only problem was the way it was filmed... too draggy, too many unneccessary dialogues and scenes.

However, I must say, the 2nd half of the serial got pretty exciting and tensed, particularly the last few episodes. I still wasn't too concerned with Alex and Yoyo, but I was very anxious to know how things turned out for the other characters, and was in fact on the edge of my seat throughout those episodes. Unfortunately, it was a case of too little, too late. If only it was this exciting from the beginning, ratings wouldn't be that bad. Also, I know this is supposed to be a one episode-one day kind of format but it would really be nice to know what exactly happens on 1st May, at least a full closure. I can't stand cliff-hanger endings! I'd rather they tell me what really happened in the end.
    Last edited by P-Chan; 12-30-04 at 11:47 AM.

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

Quote Originally Posted by P-Chan
    It wasn't confusing for me. In fact, I thought the story as a whole was very good and well-conceived (uh... except for the love story between Alex and Yoyo which I agree was very illogical...). The only problem was the way it was filmed... too draggy, too many unneccessary dialogues and scenes.

However, I must say, the 2nd half of the serial got pretty exciting and tensed, particularly the last few episodes. I still wasn't too concerned with Alex and Yoyo, but I was very anxious to know how things turned out for the other characters, and was in fact on the edge of my seat throughout those episodes. Unfortunately, it was a case of too little, too late. If only it was this exciting from the beginning, ratings wouldn't be that bad. Also, I know this is supposed to be a one episode-one day kind of format but it would really be nice to know what exactly happens on 1st May, at least a full closure. I can't stand cliff-hanger endings! I'd rather they tell me what really happened in the end.
    I can't stand cliffhanger endings either! I hoped there will be a Split Second 2 or something like that.

And I so want to know if Ah Tong died or not!

I am currently watching Split Second and so far its okay. Intersting overall plot but somewhat draggy. The castings for the serie is really a highlight however. I enjoy seeing all the faces and they are all acting well.

At first I was most excited to know that Alex and Yoyo will pair since I quite liked them in BF2, but their relationship and characters in here are a bit strange lets put it. Its just akward and all how they are developing.

I hate the fact that Marco always either plays a good cop guy or this bad gangster. I wish he would ge more roles which would let him express his acting more. He definately needs better roles, but from what he has been given, he is doing fine.

I am curious to find more on Patrick. I find his mustach to be quite a bit amusing now. It looks strange on him. I don't really like the fact as to how he is liking that Thai cop. Poor Claire

I find the Thai Guy to be really intersting. I am hoping to find out more on him. My favorite scene with him so far would be when a fellow cop was shot and he returned to see if they were alive or not. Finding that he was died the Thai Guy stands and salutes him. I'm guessing he is also a mole eh?

Anyways my favorite character so far would be Kevin's. Don't really know why, but it is. I like how he is continuously helping Alex out. Its pretty interesting to see their 'bond' or whatever. I would also like to know a bit more on him and Fiona.

I don't like Mandy in here. Her acting is really wooden and her character is Lai Lok Yi's character is scaring me a bit...

My dad really is excited for more tapes. He definately likes it and I'm finding it interesting as well. Can't wait to get more into the plot when I go rent more tomorrow ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

it was confusing because i dont really understand cantonese so i ask my sister who isn't very good either. this is what you get for being to canadianized :P

Quote Originally Posted by goddessofhonour

I find the Thai Guy to be really intersting. I am hoping to find out more on him. My favorite scene with him so far would be when a fellow cop was shot and he returned to see if they were alive or not. Finding that he was died the Thai Guy stands and salutes him. I'm guessing he is also a mole eh?
    very obvious. actually before that scene, I already suspect there was something not right with Ah Sam. And I was right when he did that salute. You will find out the answer soon. (not going to spoil it for you).

this series had a bad ending.. but some scenes were pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by o.an.nii.o
    this series had a bad ending.. but some scenes were pretty good
    the ending I won't brand is as bad ending.

I would say it is "Realistic than bad" ending.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    the ending I won't brand is as bad ending.

I would say it is "Realistic than bad" ending.
    i guess you could put it that way

well i didnt even watched this serie because i thought it would be boringf alreadie and its almost like internal affair.. that one movie that had andy lau and tony leung.. well and the ending wasnt really good .. i only watched the ending of this.. lOLS.. jus to see how it was...

anwyays i want to ask when Alex is dying ..it showed Yoyo standing right next to him .. is she a ghost??? because when it showed back to the police it didnt show her no more..i don't really get it since i didnt watched it
    bu bu jing xin

Quote Originally Posted by raymondlam
    well i didnt even watched this serie because i thought it would be boringf alreadie and its almost like internal affair.. that one movie that had andy lau and tony leung.. well and the ending wasnt really good .. i only watched the ending of this.. lOLS.. jus to see how it was...

anwyays i want to ask when Alex is dying ..it showed Yoyo standing right next to him .. is she a ghost??? because when it showed back to the police it didnt show her no more..i don't really get it since i didnt watched it
    uMM...alex was krazee...so then he was imagining things. so yoyo wasnt really there. it was just his imagination that thot she was there.

Alex was hallucinating. he has gone mad due to the pressure of what has happened 30 days earlier.

Banned

some1 who see this series already give me an answer for this,
    some say mandy is not the mole, then how the hell everything kevin do, it leak out to marco?
    so am sure mandy is the mole behind this and she tell marco everything.
    confirm me , am I right?
    some say she work for marco before but not anymore, well is that true?
    cuze if it not her, then how come everything kevin do, marco know?

Quote Originally Posted by xsMiLeE_sTaRzx
    uMM...alex was krazee...so then he was imagining things. so yoyo wasnt really there. it was just his imagination that thot she was there.

thanks alot
    bu bu jing xin

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    some say mandy is not the mole, then how the hell everything kevin do, it leak out to marco?
    confirm me , am I right?

***SPOLIERS***

Mandy is the mole in the police force, which is why Marco knows so much about Kevin. However, the time when Kevin discovered that Mandy may have been the mole all the while, she admitted that she did provide info to Marco and took his money twice but not anymore. Of course, that is only what she claimed so there's no way to tell whether she still was a mole or not at that time. However, I think it's pretty clear that after her cover blew, she stopped providing info to Marco.

Actually it'd be interesting to know how Mandy got into this business in the first place.

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

confirm me , am I right?
    Someone else is the mole or there was none.

Maggie already mentioned that she WAS a mole but not anymore. That's why I said that Maggie is not the mole. THere is someone else or at least we think there was someone else.

As for how Ho Man Wan knew what Vincent is doing we will probably don't know!

can someone tell me if Claire and Patrick really do make it to Taiwan? [I think thats their destination?]
    WU ZUN ! <3

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes
    can someone tell me if Claire and Patrick really do make it to Taiwan? [I think thats their destination?]
    Nope they did not. In the end, they ended up in Thailand.

I have to say it's getting a lot better. I'm a bit confused of who patrick likes. Before he went to the hospital after over dosing, he called Rita. But when he woke up he was extremely anxious to get to the aiport. :S I have a lot of symphathy for Claire. She had her hopes up and planned everything for their future and was really looking foward to it but Patrick never showed up, twice. Now her daughter's dead, it's was sad when she was like "my daughter is gone, your daughter is gone"

Marco's done a lot of cruel things but I just can't seem to hate him but like him more because of it. His father was willing to jump off the bridge to keep his godson's safety i wonder how he'll react once he finds out that Sam's an undercover. Hope marco would get over Yoyo, he could do better than her.

Now Mandy's acting, i think she has potential to be an actress. The scene when Kevin asked her to take the blame for him, her acting their was impressive. But other times it's wooden and stiff.

Favourite Scenes:
    -when Yoyo opened the door and Marco pulled her hair and dragged her down the stairs
    -when Marco's father frozen after seeing Marco walk out of the car and seeing Alex's face when he saw Yoyo with him. Yoyo always ruins everything doesn't she?
    -when Patrick's friend piggybacked patrick after he overdosed, patrick still thought about his safety and told him to leave before he gets caught by the police
    -seeing Claire cry as she told patrick that his daughter 's dead
    -when that old man tells Alex that Marco's his son and he will never sacrifice his son for the deal. The look Alex made, made me laugh

I fastfoward all Yoyo's parts, it's so useless, really annoying seeing her.
    Last edited by bebe_girl; 01-02-05 at 01:09 PM.

confirm me , am I right?
    well yes... mandy is the "mole".. leaking the info... but later on she isnt she admits to kevin.. that she was the person.. but then she isnt anymore