Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: How old was Lady Yang by the end of HSDS?

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    There's not enough data about Lady Yeung's martial arts to prove it, but my gut feeling is that her level was equivalent to that of peak Gwok Seung after the latter founded the Ngor Mei Sect.
    Well we only know she know about 9 Yin White Bone Claw but we never know she know about full 9 Yin like GJ or not since YG never know about full volume of 9 Yin so I think she is a bit below peak GX which at least know 1/3 of 9 Yang plus a lot skills from her family and their friends..

  2. #42
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well we only know she know about 9 Yin White Bone Claw but we never know she know about full 9 Yin like GJ or not since YG never know about full volume of 9 Yin so I think she is a bit below peak GX which at least know 1/3 of 9 Yang plus a lot skills from her family and their friends..
    It's possible. Lady Yeung had the full 9 Yum Jen Ging manual available to her, plus the assorted martial arts skills of her ancestors (e.g. Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl). She had plenty of good stuff from which to choose, and if her talents approached those of her forebears, then she could very reasonably be around Gwok Seung's level.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's possible. Lady Yeung had the full 9 Yum Jen Ging manual available to her, plus the assorted martial arts skills of her ancestors (e.g. Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl). She had plenty of good stuff from which to choose, and if her talents approached those of her forebears, then she could very reasonably be around Gwok Seung's level.
    But we know YG never learn 9 Yin full volume so ho could Lady Yang get 9 Yin full volume that even YG never mastered so I think it's pure speculation that Lady Yang have 9 Yin full volume not only some of 9 Yin skills like 9 Yin White Bone Claw..

  4. #44
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    But we know YG never learn 9 Yin full volume so ho could Lady Yang get 9 Yin full volume that even YG never mastered so I think it's pure speculation that Lady Yang have 9 Yin full volume not only some of 9 Yin skills like 9 Yin White Bone Claw..
    I'm pretty confident that the 9 Yum Jen Ging that the Yeung Family had possession of after the conclusion of ROCH was the full version because it also included Wong Seung's counters to the martial arts he indexed in the manual. Though Jin Yong never made it explicit, we know that at some point, there must have been an exchange of martial arts artifacts because Gwok Jing and Wong Yung gained possession of the Heavy Iron Sword, the Gentleman Sword, and the Lady Sword (which they would use to forge the Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre). My conclusion is that in exchange for those weapons, the Gwoks provided the Yeungs with the full 9 Yum Jen Ging manual.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I'm pretty confident that the 9 Yum Jen Ging that the Yeung Family had possession of after the conclusion of ROCH was the full version because it also included Wong Seung's counters to the martial arts he indexed in the manual. Though Jin Yong never made it explicit, we know that at some point, there must have been an exchange of martial arts artifacts because Gwok Jing and Wong Yung gained possession of the Heavy Iron Sword, the Gentleman Sword, and the Lady Sword (which they would use to forge the Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre). My conclusion is that in exchange for those weapons, the Gwoks provided the Yeungs with the full 9 Yum Jen Ging manual.
    Then GJ give the original manual or copy to YG..

  6. #46
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Then GJ give the original manual or copy to YG..
    As of the end of LOCH, the complete 9 Yum Jen Ging text existed only in the memories of Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, and Chow Bak Tung. Wong Seung's original manuscripts had long since been destroyed by East Heretic Wong Yerk See and Chow Bak Tung on Peach Blossom Island, so the texts that were likely provided to Yeung Gor were probably transcribed by Gwok Jing and Wong Yung at some point between LOCH and ROCH. A more compact version was loaded into the Heaven Sword.

Similar Threads

  1. Lady Yeung's parting words in HSDS
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-27-08, 04:08 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-08, 03:00 AM
  3. ZWJ and Lady Yang vs WCY and LCY...
    By Felix in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-08-08, 06:33 PM
  4. Why Did Lady Yang Appear at Shaolin in HSDS?
    By Zhuge Liang in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-15-07, 03:48 PM
  5. Is Lady Yang an irresponsible woman?
    By Candide in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-05, 12:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •