Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: wot korean series are u seeing now?

I'm also watching Cinderella's Sister!

Moon Guen Young is fantastic! She can really stare anyone down!

finished mighty chilwu. thank goodness everything is fine and back to normal at the end.

bought the dvd for kingdom of the winds (36 episodes). Is King Daeson KIng Yuri's "uncle"?

Finished Oh! My Lady! - Can only happen in a k-drama.

Will finish Personal Preference soon, got three more episodes to go.

I'm starting Bad Guy/Man with Kim Nam Gil. He's so charming. I like how this drama is another mystery/thriller/revenge plot. Just like Resurrection and The Devil (Mawang) are...the main character is a mixed between good and bad. I have a feeling this will be a good watch.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm watching Bad Guy as well, but my fan girl squeals are reserved for Kim Jae Wook!! He's super hot in here!

I'm also watching My Country Calls... it's very funny as well...

Quote Originally Posted by pdt_85 View Post
    I'm watching Bad Guy as well, but my fan girl squeals are reserved for Kim Jae Wook!! He's super hot in here!

I'm also watching My Country Calls... it's very funny as well...
    I just finished Still, Marry Me with Kim Bum. Oh! So much screen time with him! He's such a heartthrob in this drama it was so good!

With Bad Guy, I like complex characters. I am cheering for Kim Nam Gil and Kim Jae Wook. It's the first time KJW has such a bigger role compared to the other roles he has had before. Yeah...I noticed him for a while now, even before Coffee Prince. I'm glad both the guys are getting bigger roles and more chances of success.

I'm watching Personal Preference Episode 14 slowly so I can stretch out and not have it end for me so soon. The pair is so cute.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

@ PDT_85: I just saw the first few minutes of My Country Calls and it is funny. The main actress's character is kind of quirky, but she does have a strength...haha I'm at the part where she's dumped by her BF and she walks into the bathroom after drinking 2 full glasses of wine and sees the handsome main actor and just shoves his arm behind his back and interrogating him. Hahaha She's quite fierce. Hahaha I like what I see so far, I think. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

"The Lawyers of the Great Republic Korea"

I'm losing sleep over this...heh

I'm watching episode 6 of My Country Calls as we speak and I love it. There's not a dull moment in this romance, comedy drama at all. I've laughed out loud every episode so far. The action as well as comedy has been amusing and fun to watch. I like the main actress in here more than when she was in Soulmate. She's so street-smart and funny here. She's quite talented than most ppl give her credit for, I mean the character Oh HaNa.

Currently watching A Man Called God. I've never hated a character in a Korean drama up until now. Hwang Woo Hyun is one detestable fool.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Currently watching A Man Called God. I've never hated a character in a Korean drama up until now. Hwang Woo Hyun is one detestable fool.
    Yeah, he's completely psycho and has this violent streak.

Only started to watch Hero by Lee Joon Ki, story abt a tabloid reporter turns into a civic hero!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://sensasian.com/images/products/V21822H-D.jpg')

Ding Ruo Yong. About a court official who went to a county and report on the crime happenings back to the King. Not an interesting series, though the ending messages (moral of the story) are meaningful and insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    atm I'm watching Partners. This the first Kdrama since I saw Coffee Prince I don't even like Iris dunno why. But with Partners I like the twist and story development. I skipped the silly scenes though still on episode 10.
    I watched this a few months ago and enjoyed it. I liked the case solving aspect of the drama. Lee Dong Wook was funny, I liked him here more than in My Girl, where his character seemed bland to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Finished Oh! My Lady! - Can only happen in a k-drama.
    I'm watching Oh My Lady now and I agree, this can only happen in kdrama. I'm half way through and so far it's okay. Very typical kdrama romantic comedy. Okay, to watch to pass time. Min Woo's daughter is so cute.

I'm still watching My Country Calls (thank to WITH S2 subs) and it's still hilariously funny. May be one of my favorites of 2010.

I just started Coffee House and it's so funny too. I recognize the main actress's dad as the guy in Queen Seon Duk who looked for Duk Man for many years when she was a youth. And Even Mil Shil's son is in this drama too. That counts for 2 of Queen Seon Duk's cast being in this new drama. I like the former actor but not the latter actor. Either way funny show.

I'm still watching Bad Boy/Guy with Kim Nam Gil and Kim Jae Wook, Ha Gae In too. Kim Nam Gil is so expressive with his eyes and he plays his role with ease. I like him, he's a great actor. The OST is good too. I like Thornflower by Jung Yeop, it fits KNG's Shim Gun Wook's character.

Coffee House - Kang Seung Yun's family is hilarious. Lee Jin Soo is one evil evil evil man, but we love him anyway. He's such a prankster. This show is so funny, except for ep 9. The bathroom scene with LJS and grandma is so funny. Hahaha Park Jung Jae is a hottie!

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm still watching Bad Boy/Guy with Kim Nam Gil and Kim Jae Wook, Ha Gae In too. Kim Nam Gil is so expressive with his eyes and he plays his role with ease. I like him, he's a great actor. The OST is good too. I like Thornflower by Jung Yeop, it fits KNG's Shim Gun Wook's character.
    Kim Nam Gil and Kim Jae Wook have both been doing a pretty good job with their roles (esp KNG. KJW goes a little overboard sometimes). Han Ga In...I'm not sure if it's her acting that's just not on par with the two guys or that her character is not as well written as the two guys...

The story is really taking a dip though. The plot seems to have kind of stalled with nothing really important happening beyond the 5th episode. And some of the plotlines seem a little too contrived (ie the whole Tae Ra lusting line--wonderful acting by Oh Yun Soo...but I'm not sold on the plot)

I'm currently watching Hot Blooded Salesman, which is extremely boring. After the second episode, I've been watching it on fast-forward. Just trying to finish it for the sake of finishing it, only 8 more episodes to go. The cast is okay I suppose, although I do have some problems with Chae Jung Ahn's acting sometimes. Choi Chul Ho is playing a similar character as in Partner, except he's more of a villain here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm still watching My Country Calls (thank to WITH S2 subs) and it's still hilariously funny. May be one of my favorites of 2010.
    The only thing I don't get about this show is, when Oh Ha Na found out that Han Do Hoon was the NIA's target, she acted like she knew who he was, giving me the impression that they're somehow related, but... And I didn't quite get the gun incident.

On a side note, I do like Han Do Hoon's character; I like his frank appraisal of people's looks and fashion.

I just started watching King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu. Quite dramatic so far, I don't see how it could be a comedy. Okay so far, I suppose. Seems like the typical rich family storyline but something about it keeps me wanting to watch more. The childhood part is way too long though, I'm on eps 6 and they still haven't grown up yet.

I don't get whether the Ma Jun kid is evil or not, he came across as a total brat in the beginning but I'm not sure about now. His mom is extremely annoying though but I guess without her there wouldn't be a story.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    The only thing I don't get about this show is, when Oh Ha Na found out that Han Do Hoon was the NIA's target, she acted like she knew who he was, giving me the impression that they're somehow related, but... And I didn't quite get the gun incident.

On a side note, I do like Han Do Hoon's character; I like his frank appraisal of people's looks and fashion.
    click to show/hide spoilers

Han Do Hoon worked with the bad guy because he thought he had caused the death of the corrupt NIA agent Park. But it was the bad guy who framed him and used Go Jin Hyuk's gun to shoot Agent Park dead. The bad guy blackedmailed Han Do Hoon and made ship and trade drugs for him through the museum. The bad guy also promised to make Han Do Hoon successful, thus making HDH's father proud of him, which he never achieved before.

Oh Ha Na probably had a good impression of Han Do Hoon before she found out he was the target or that he was the suspect of being a drug dealer/shipper.

I'm so disappointed by the ending of Bad Guy/Bad Boy. It's all because Kim Nam Gil had to do his obligated 2 yr military duty, so they cut the drama short 3 episodes. I strongly believe there would be a totally different ending, had they had the opportunity to shoot the total 20 episodes or more. It would have been less of a cop out for sure.

I'm now watching My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. Noh Min Woo
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-19-10 at 09:42 PM.