Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: wot korean series are u seeing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    You like watching daily dramas? I am not sure if I can handle such long dramas. The plots can't be running like dragging for me.
    Only certain daily dramas. I take a look at the storyline first--it has to interest me. Once in a while I watch it because one of my favorite actors/actresses is the lead. But if I see that the drama is heading into nonsense, I usually drop it.

For the most part, I like watching KBS TV Novels. They are morning daily dramas and the time period is usually in the 1960's, 70's, or 80's. The love relationships feel a bit more simple in nature (at least to me) when compared to the mini-dramas. A plus is that the TV Novels are similar in vein to ATV's The Good Old Days, TVB's Plain Love/Plain Love II. They may or may not involve a birth secret.

My favorite TV Novel so far is "You are a Star"/"My Star, My Love" from 2004. "Wind Flower", which followed "You are a Star" was also very good. Though I liked watching "Dear My Sister", which aired in late 2011 to May 2012, there were way too many annoying (that got on my nerves) characters. And unlike the older KBS novels, didn't apply an outside narrative voice. "Love, My Love"/"Dear Love" (currently airing) has been good so far. No real annoying character, unless you count the Grand Uncle who is leeching off of his older sister's family. Will have to see whether 2 half-sisters will fall for the same guy (doesn't look like it so far) and whether 1 half-sister will fall in love w/ her unknown step-brother. Hehe, sounds complicated already, right?

As for general daily dramas (those taking place in the current time frame), I actually don't watch many and/or there isn't many that I like. My favorite is "Be Strong, Geum-soon" and maybe follow that with "Yellow Handkerchief" (the daily drama that got me into K-drama). I don't think I have watched or followed through with daily dramas after 2006. However, I am watching "I'll Give You the Stars and the Moon"/"Moon and Stars for You" because I like actress Seo Ji Hye (love her role in the saeguk Shindon). Going to be interesting when the ambitious girl (not Song Ji Hye) finds out the rich guy she's currently pursuing is her nemesis' (Seo Ji Hye, from high school days) brother (adopted), that the doctor guy she dumped will have a romantic relationship w/ her nemesis, and that the rich guy might be the doctor guy's brother or related family member?! I just hope that the rich guy doesn't turn baddy because his adopted mom sees him as a threat to her daughter (Song Ji Hye) in taking over the family business, thus not treating him well.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Speaking of daily dramas, I am watching one called Standby. It stars Ryu Jin, Lee Ki Woo, Jung So-Min and many others. It's a comedy show with fake audience laugh. Anyone else watching it? I like it. The subbing is slow though.

Watching Bridal Mask. It's so funny how they're always trying to kill the Bridal Mask but manage to let him escape. I mean, why stop your car in front of him? Why not just run him over? Or, why engage him in swordplay when you can shoot him?

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Watching Bridal Mask. It's so funny how they're always trying to kill the Bridal Mask but manage to let him escape. I mean, why stop your car in front of him? Why not just run him over? Or, why engage him in swordplay when you can shoot him?
    Somehow they missed those illogical aspects in the run-through of the plot/scene. There's some unbelievable and illogical characterization and story in a number of K-Dramas that I don't know how they could've missed it and let it happen.

Then there is BIG and I don't know where they're going to lead the story because all logic seem to spell doom for the main characters. Well, six more episodes.

Rooftop Prince ended with much room for improvement still. It's just not perfect and I saw it coming with the plot they had began from the beginning. Once you play with fantasy type dramas, and you want to make it logically play out well, you have to follow through with the fantasy rules and logic.

Sigh @ all the loopholes and plot holes of K-Dramas. I do like that K-dramas and J-Dramas have more interesting stories than TVB ones. TVB always seem to disappoint one way or another that is less forgivable.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default I do, Ido

hmmmm I was watching I Do, I Do now and it was sooooo greatttttt can't wait for the final episode hope it gives the best ending

Watching Gye Baek now. The strange thing is that the series more or less ends the mark of Baekje Dynasty.

Just got around to watching Rooftop Prince, which was so funny. Love the four power rangers, lol. Too bad the last half dragged like typical kdramas. I didn't like the end though, so sad.

Watching Jumong. It's interesting how Taeso, Soseono and Jumong all married someone they don't love.

Finally giving Queen In-Hyun's Man a chance....I feel the directing and storytelling of this drama is better executed than Roof-Top Prince. Roof Top Prince had too many loop holes and illogicalness despite how I enjoyed the comedy. 3 episodes into Queen In-Hyun and I'm liking it already.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

OK...so I decided to watch some of Attic Cat and I really do not like Kim Rae Won's character at all. He's such a jerk. I mean there are plenty of other K-drama male leads who are jerks, but Lee Kyung Min takes the cake. He really treats the girl like a choice, not a priority. And she has the other handsome supporting male lead and the arranged blind date by her family guy who's sweet. If I were her, I'd choose one of these two guys instead of Kyung Min. He's so annoying getting jealous at every guy who gets near her, when he always run after his crush and treat her badly. Typical k-drama of the 2004 year.

Been catching up on some older dramas.

Three Daddies One Mom - very good. funny and heartwarming at the same time. My first time watching Eugene. She does well in this drama.

Jumong - overall very good, but Jumong had me cringe my teeth out of frustration few times. I wish he had killed Taeso and Naro when he had the chance, and instead of wasting his arrows on insignificant soldiers, he should've shoot the leaders. The highlight of the drama were Sayong and Hyoppo.

Bridal Mask - thoroughly enjoyed it. Joo Won is excellent in his acting. He conveys different emotions well. Actually, all of the actors played their role well except the lead female. Her acting is still raw. Kinda felt sad for Katsuyama. One laughable thing is Kimura Taro's swordsmanship at the end--super weak. The way he died reminds me of the way the main villain died in CLH 2000, too easy.

Now watching Baker King Kim Tak Goo to see Joo Won's earlier work. He plays a bully here. Eugene doesn't seem all there in this drama, as if her mind is elsewhere. Yoon Shi Yoon--wow what a cutie. He is the epitome of cuteness/adorableness. He was great in Me, Too Flower also. So far entertaining with a very nice ost from Lee Seung Chul's That Person.

Just started watching Heartstrings and okay so far. Seems like another typical kdrama romcom, guess I'll just finish it since I've already started it. Still not impressed with Jung Yong Hwa's acting, hope he improves somewhat later on.

2 more episodes before finishing Gye Baek. It really make one wonder on "if-then-else" questions. If Baekye emperor have not offended the Tang ambassador, will the kingdom be attacked? Political diplomacy is very important. I think it applies to today's situation too.

Finished Gye Baek. Worth a watch. Planning to watch "Ten" soon. Anyone seen this?
    Also, anyone watch the 200 episode Story of Wang Gun - the founder of Gouryeo?

I have just watched the first case of "Ten". It is fantastic. Great case.

Must admit the second case is a disappointment.

Third case is all right. Fourth case is quite interesting.
    So far, case 1 is still the best.

Fifth case is quite good. While the storyline is quite expected, it illustrates the bystander syndrome which is very relevant in today's society. Sixth case is quite interesting. Should be watching the seventh and I think it is the last case soon. Read from somewhere else it is quite complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I have just watched the first case of "Ten". It is fantastic. Great case.
    Saw it awhile back. After case 1 I felt so terrified I had to stop watching it, heh.

Wow. The last case has no ending. To be continued in season 2.