Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: wot korean series are u seeing now?

Looking forward to watching "Ten" Part 2. But, heard that this is not so nice.

Currently watching You're the Best Lee Soon Shin, it's pretty good. Can't seem to find amazing korean dramas anymore :s

Across Time: Have you tried "Masters' Sun", ok it is no great piece but really not too bad from Hong Sisters And the eye candy is fantastic but otherwise, you comment is true... didn't feel the vibes from any Kdrama this year, Masters' Sun is my first!

Quote Originally Posted by AcrossTime View Post
    Currently watching You're the Best Lee Soon Shin, it's pretty good. Can't seem to find amazing korean dramas anymore :s

watching goddess of Fire, Jungyi, very nice & I like it. Because of Lee Sang Yoon I went to watch Life is beautiful, but at episode 2, I think i'm stopping, cos there are too many characters, a big family haha.. a little confusing. Furthermore realise LSY is not that of a main character so.. I guess I will not carry on.
    I am grateful when new friends come into my life, but old friends are the best. I know this is true because of YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm watching Faith with Kim Hee Sun and Lee Min Ho!
    Faith was amazing, especially the sweet, poignant, overflowing love romance between Choi Young (LMH) and Eun Suk (KHS). This must be at the top of my favourite list. Beautiful set-ups, scenes and wonderful characterizations btw heros and antagonists. The image and make-up for each character was so well done up, which really add on to the top acting by each and every cast. Stellar casting make everything blend and look great on set.

Don't understand why it's not as popular as Moon Embraces the Sun or even Dr Jin. I prefer this to Dr Jin and Queen In Hyun, when time travel is concerned. I stopped with Dr Jin after a couple episodes, but this show got me hook due to the spirit of the characters where each acted according to his/her own self-beliefs and wisdom, instead of being a pushover by circumstances or lack of support.

The characters in this show has a never say never attitude and the heros and heroines act in a way to protect those they love and care about, without being an excess baggage to the ones they love. They are witty and always thinking of alternatives to save the situation rather than just succumbing to option A (live) or B (die).

This show has the biggest names in the industry, beautiful sets, good pace, plotting and wonderful romance, so I really cannot understand the less-than-moderate ratings. It takes an appreciative and smart audience to understand the motivations and feelings of the characters involved. Should have reined in ratings in the 30s instead of 10s.

I hope this show does a lot better internationally, because it's a gem of a show. I even like the background music the play which complements the actors' feelings and the epic historical palace feel.

I finished watching Episode 15 of Master's Sun and I want to own it on DVD once it comes out. I love the OST and saying "it is an OK" piece just means you haven't watched it completely. To me, it is a great rom-com with great chemistry from the main cast. The main actress Gong Hyo Jin and actor So Ji Sub prove to be quite capable actors in delivering their lines and expressions. Yes, there were some cliches, but the Hong Sisters knew how to maneuver around the cliches and make something new of it. The central plot and mystery of Cha Hee Joo wasn't just pluck out of a thin cloud, but there was build up and resolve to the mystery. Somewhat but not entirely predictable. I can't wait for the ending episodes and bonus behind the scene ep.

I went and finished WHO ARE YOU and it was such a bust. I mean I knew it sucked early on and it was poorly executed. Man, Kim Jae Wook need to star in his own drama and be the main actor already!!! He's way too handsome and capable to remain second fiddle. He had more chemistry with the main actress (which really should choose better roles because the roles she been taking doesn't do much for her as an actress) than the Cha Geun Woo guy. I just wanted to see how it ended and it sucked.

I'm looking forward to see The Inheritors with Lee MinHo and what's her name and a bunch of other eye candies.

I like watching The Good Doctor but Joo Won keeps getting yelled at and being afraid of surgery, I wonder when he becomes the good doctor so I haven't gotten far in the drama yet.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-30-13 at 07:08 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Master's Sun is definitely on my to -watch list coz it has GHJ in it. Phenomenal actress. She's not eye-candy, but has this beautiful poise and soul which brings out the best in her male counterpart. I love her roles from Star Candy to Greatest Love, she makes every show she starred in worthwhile.

There's quite an amazing number of k-dramas in the past year, so much so that I have to line up shows properly to watch when I'm free, so I'm surprised when someone said there's no good dramas in the past year. Even Giant from 2010, I have yet to catch. I'm trying to catch Full House 2, Innocent Man, Bridal Mask and I'm only starting Okagyo Family. Have to give Missing You, 49 days and long historical dramas a miss.

I can't seem to like Queen In Hyun's Man, Princess' Man and Moon Embracing the Sun despite all the hype. Maybe my expectations were too high. Rooftop Prince was nice, but I hope they found a better-looking lead actress.

The reason I like Faith is because the show is so well-balanced and there's a greatness about the drama, writing and dialogue which I felt missing in so many other shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm looking forward to see The Inheritors with Lee MinHo and what's her name and a bunch of other eye candies.
    Me too! Next Wednesday. Woohoo. Her name is Park Shin Hye.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Me too! Next Wednesday. Woohoo. Her name is Park Shin Hye.
    Ah, I have hard time remembering actress names, the actor names are so much easier to remember. I don't now why...hehehehe

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Ah, I have hard time remembering actress names, the actor names are so much easier to remember. I don't now why...hehehehe
    What do you think of Heirs so far?

Watching Iris 2 now. Finished the first two episodes. Fast moving. Observations/question.
    1. Seems that Peh/Bai holds some secrets (maybe some a/c to bank?)
    2. Seems that there is an Iris spy in NSS.
    3. I wonder why the lady boss in NSS is the boss. Wonder how she become the boss - she is formerly from Pentagon? So is she taking instructions from U.S. or Korea? She seems to be more interested in finding out Iris, or is this her job? Could her secretary be the spy?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Watching Iris 2 now. Finished the first two episodes. Fast moving.
    When you're done, tell me if it's worth watching. A lot of people seemed disappointed with it.

What do you think of Heirs so far?
    I'm watching it on and off. I have so many things I'm watching including American TV shows. I think Woo Bin makes nice romantic rival for Lee Min Ho. You should see this one episode of Running Man where Kim Tan's older brother, Woo Bin, and Park Shin Hye are competing against another team. It was The Heirs vs the forgotthenameof team. Woo Bin was such a gentleman helping her, she calls him oppa.

What do I think of Heirs? Well, there are certain things I would change and write differently. But eh... I'll probably watch more when more episodes are out. I forget what episode I'm on too. It's the problem with watching stuff and then leaving it to watch something else and not keeping tabs on what episodes you've watched already.

I started watching Heirs, Empress Ki and Pretty Man that just started...I'm not too sure if I'm going to continue to watch or just wait till it all comes out and then watch in one go.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

I am so behind

Just finished Faith (to see LMH) & Dr. Jin (similar storyline and to see SSH). I forgot how good looking & hot SSH Oppa is. Storyline wise, Faith is much much better than Dr. Jin (too draggy). Also just finished Delightful Girl Choon Yang (this is old drama, so ancient that the phones they are using are still the old flip phone style...hahahahaha)

Now trying to finish :
    - My Princess (again, for SSH). I don't think it's too bad, but yeah...it's draggy too. I like SSH-KTH pairing. And I'm surprised that SSH can play a somewhat comical role decently.
    -That Winter The Wind Blows : i left after few eps....i'll come back later.
    -The Heirs. 4 more eps to go! Will need to find eyecandies replacement ASAP!). Maybe I will watch City Hunter for LMH (been on my watch list for a long time)

One thing I really dislike watching K-drama is how slow they talk. OMG! Or even how long it takes for the actor to move his head to look at other direction. I watched one J-drama in between all these, and I can feel the difference.

When you're done, tell me if it's worth watching. A lot of people seemed disappointed with it.

Hi dictionary, I have just completed the 20 episodes. While it is quite draggy aorund the middle part, it becomes interesting from episode 12 onwards. There are also some linkages to Iris 1. On the whole, I will still say it is worth a watch.

Just finished watching The Heirs and Lee Sun Shin is the best. Both were good shows. I would not be surprised if Krystal's popularity shot up after the Heirs. Bo Na was absolutely adorable in that show. Are there any good long shows like Lee Sun Shin is the best? Needs to be a comedy though, I tried the first episode of 100 year inheritance and it looked pretty crap with the story jumping around with no linkage

Started watching The Great Seer. Anyone watching/watched it?

I just finished the Korean drama Twinkle Twinkle. Great drama, even though I find it unnecessarily draggy starting from episode 50.

I also love the complexity of Hwang Geum-Ran's character that it's impossible to truly hate her. It has been a long time since a drama is able to make me cry for almost every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Watching Iris 2 now. Finished the first two episodes. Fast moving. Observations/question.
    1. Seems that Peh/Bai holds some secrets (maybe some a/c to bank?)
    2. Seems that there is an Iris spy in NSS.
    3. I wonder why the lady boss in NSS is the boss. Wonder how she become the boss - she is formerly from Pentagon? So is she taking instructions from U.S. or Korea? She seems to be more interested in finding out Iris, or is this her job? Could her secretary be the spy?
    Woa. I didn't know it's out! I will have to catch it someday!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Wink kdrama

Hello everybody
    if u want to win DVD, korean movies, music etc here the link..very simple
    go to this link for more informations
    Reward Catalogue Rules

Anybody from any place can participate !

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema_r..._catalogue.php
    enjoy

currently watching Suspicious Housekeeper

http://www.hancinema.net/korean_dram...ousekeeper.php
    Choi Ji-woo 최지우 as Park Bok-nyeo
    (박복녀)
    is Great
    Last edited by Shakespeare; 01-21-14 at 08:19 AM.