Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Merger Between MCS and SPH Mediaworks

What about Evelyn Tan? Is she staying?

That's all that was reported.

I knew they were going to take revenge on Chen Huihui. She really jumped ship at a bad time... She had not jumped for long and MediaWorks decided to wave the white flag. >.<
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by wuchang

Those not offered contracts

1. Chen Huihui
    2. Peter Yu
    3. Ericia Lee
    4. Shaun Chen
    5. Bernard Tan
    6. Ann Poh

Mediacorp really dislike Shaun Chen.....

Another surprise is Ezann Lee. She's staying but her older sister is leaving.
    That's really sad.... These are really good actors (save for Ann Poh)... Looks like mediacorp is still one place where politics run deep...

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

Yeah. Mediacorp seems to hold a grudge against Huihui. How can a talented actress like her not "add value" to the new company? There must be more to why she was not rehired.

Shaun Chen is another. Wait till Funn hears about this. She'll go ballistic....

At least there's still a silver lining. MDA has mandated that Mediacorp TV must outsource 285 hours of programming each year. Those that are retrenched can join an independent production house or even set up one themselves. Which might not be a bad thing I heard. At least they'll not be working under Mediacorp's management. The better shows on TV right now like Six Weeks and Like My Own are made by Boku Films and Pigs Can Fly, I think. Both external production houses. So it might not be a bad thing to escape the clutches of Mediacorp.

Very sad now feel like crying out when heard the news.... WHY Mediacorp let go a talent SHAUN????
    Surprise that Ong AiLeng is in their list and YES i agreed with Wuchang they really make it so obvious to kick Shaun out....and I heard from
    FM100.3 Shaun most properly will go back to Malaysia. Hey guys ... Shaun's diehard fans we can never get to see him again....

I also think they're holding grudges against Chen Huihui and Shaun Chen. Look at Michelle Chong and Jeanette Aw, and all the attention they're getting. Childish if you ask me. I think Zhang Haijie doesn't deserve to stay, not worth keeping in my opinion. All our newscasters are doing fine. Ong Ai Leng and Ezann Lee staying? No offence, but yuck. I'm pretty happy to see Ericia Lee and Ann Poh go. Nay to the rest, Chen Huihui and Peter Yu are my childhood memories and keeping Shaun Chen is a benefit.

One more thing, I'd really like to see the old City Beat group back.

No suprise there...

I wonder who is the 4 mediaCrap artistes who was leaving ?..

My guess is some of those old/middle aged character actors that have been frozen for so long anyway..

Mediacrap make a clean -sweep of it's veteran actors years ago..

only thanks to independant production house and Channel U that we see some of them resurface again....

And as expected, Mediacrap show yet again how "generous" an employer it is ..
    despite being far Wealthier of the two..

Those who can Host wouldn't need to worry about prospects, but those that can only act is a worry, Mediacrap already dun make full use of it's own actors as it is ,
    we keep seeing the same faces over and over again on TV.. while many others are virtually frozen and only thawed out for charity and variety shows..
    Last edited by GuangRong; 12-08-04 at 12:33 AM.

Unhappy

I am very sad to see them leaving, especially Shuan and Huihui.

Updated list.

Offered a transfer to MediaCorp TV Holdings

1. Adam Chen
    2. Michelle Chia
    3. Celest Chong
    4. Quan Yifeng
    5. Guo Liang
    6. Apple Hong
    7. Hu Bing
    8. Eelyn Kok
    9. Ann Kok
    10. Ezann Lee
    11. Darren Lim
    12. Kym Ng
    13. Wang Ailing
    14. Adrian Pang
    15. Lynn Poh
    16. Ix Shen
    17. Constance Song
    18. Bryan Wong
    19. Ben Yeo
    20. Helen Cheung

Offered a position at SPH

1. Wang Yanqing (Print)
    2. Lina Ng (Marketing)
    3. Evelyn Tan (Circulation)
    4. Chew Huoy Miin (Print)

Artists out of work

1. Ann Poh
    2. Chen Huihui
    3. Ericia Lee
    4. Cherie Lim
    5. Liu Qiulian
    6. Wang Liuyan
    7. Adrian Lim
    8. Bernard Tan
    9. Benjamin Heng
    10. David Leong
    11. Darren Seah
    12. Dick Su
    13. Johnson Low
    14. Li Wenhai
    15. Shaun Chen
    16. Peter Yu
    17. Xavier Teo
    18. Wymen Yong

Artists on retainer who were not offered a transfer

1. Catherine Tan
    2. Cynthia Lee
    3. Pamela Oei
    4. Steph Song

Very obvious that Mediacorp is petty. Li Wenhai, Chen Huihui and Liu Qiulian all got kicked out. All three were around since the days of SBC. All are superb actors. Such depth of experience is hard to replace. Now I worry about those that who got transfered over to the new company. Will they be given a chance to shine??

How come Benjamin Heng was sacked??
    Hmm.. ... Nvm, Really I find that channel U has better actors/actress than Channel 8
    I cannot stand Sharon Au hosting programmes... ... I find that all the actors/actress that mediacrop reject are good... ... maybe they are holding a gudge against them.. .. especially Shuan Chen.
    Mediacrop said they will change the "timetable" of Channel U and Channel 8 inorder to provide viewers better quality show.. ...
    Come on.. ... They will show you repeated shows on Channel 8 and show you shows that were repeated twice on Channel U on the same time... ....
    Dunno, Just dislike channel 8.. .. No idea why. And Channel 8 seems to produce long and draggy series. e.g double happiness.
    I feel that in terms of storyline, Channel U is better... ... But too bad, Singaporeans like channel 8 (mostly)
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

Still disappointed and sad, though sort of expected it. (esp Shaun Chen being not retained)

Never liked MediaCorp from the start.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Angry

I will like to know what happened to Shaun when he is at channel 8. What happened? Y he leave them and join U channel?

If I'm not wrong, he was unhappy that Mediacorp only gave him a one-year contract instead of a three year one, so joined Mediaworks. I think.

I just can't stand our local stations. Both keep reusing the same old faces. One has many choices, but chooses to use from a small portion. The other doesn't have many, but sucks at finding new 'talents' (i.e. Ann Poh). Either that or it entices artistes from the other station to join. Then MW started the 'I have more viewers than you lalala' thingy, MCS no better, began to dish out just as many in response. Sigh. Coming up with all sorts of antics to dig at each other, but ends up annoying the crap out of everybody.

actually I think Ericia lee is very poor as an artist..she can't quite make it.
    her acting is very stiff and she's very conscious of the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    I just can't stand our local stations. Both keep reusing the same old faces. One has many choices, but chooses to use from a small portion. The other doesn't have many, but sucks at finding new 'talents' (i.e. Ann Poh). Either that or it entices artistes from the other station to join. Then MW started the 'I have more viewers than you lalala' thingy, MCS no better, began to dish out just as many in response. Sigh. Coming up with all sorts of antics to dig at each other, but ends up annoying the crap out of everybody.
    I agree... anyway, I lost faith in mediacorp productions a long time ago...

yea, funn will go ballistic if she hears of this...

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

i just pity Hui Hui who spent so many years at MCS and acting so well, working so hard at all the characters they give her but they never give her the recognition she deserves by denying her all the awards.and when at last she fed up and decide to join MW, it closes and now she out of job. it's so unfair.

another thing I find it weird. This kind of merger must have been in the works for months. Negotiations etc. How can MW still sign pple on or attract them over from MCS when they know that there is possibility that there is a merger and these pple will be affected? I thot it was rather unfair of them. Poor Steph.

actually, I feel that mediaworks does not treat its artist fairly...I mean they only focus on a few like Michelle Chia. The rest, I hardly see them...

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    i just pity Hui Hui who spent so many years at MCS and acting so well, working so hard at all the characters they give her but they never give her the recognition she deserves by denying her all the awards.and when at last she fed up and decide to join MW, it closes and now she out of job. it's so unfair.

another thing I find it weird. This kind of merger must have been in the works for months. Negotiations etc. How can MW still sign pple on or attract them over from MCS when they know that there is possibility that there is a merger and these pple will be affected? I thot it was rather unfair of them. Poor Steph.
    Huihui clinched the previous supporting actress award, actually. And what else can we expect? Both stations are really despicable, if you ask me. Plus one is moneygrubbing and petty, the other is desperate and wannabe. Sigh.