Thread: Who would you choose to replace CJL? Will ZWJ do?

Default Who would you choose to replace CJL? Will ZWJ do?

Inspired by Suet Seung's post here:

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    How about rewriting Legend of Book and Sword...and making Chen Jia Luo less of incompetent jerk like CJL picking Huo Qing Tong and not her sister Princess Smelly and not being too stupid to QianLong's lies...make some kind of circumstance where CJL couldn't choose or things just happens unintentionally. But still I hated when CJL chose Smelly Princess. But I guess JY made it that way so Smelly Princess dies and the whole connection with QL.

But I still want to know what would happen if CJL chose HQT and perhaps everything would be different?

OK...I'm sleepy now so I really don't care if I'm making sense...good nite everyone.....
    Seems like a lot of people hate CJL. So, if you can take another character to fill in CJL's shoes, who would he/she be? An immediate candidate in my mind is ZWJ, because just like CJL was the head of Red Flower Society, ZWJ was the head of Ming Clan. Both commanded a large sect in the quest to overthrow the current dynasty, ZWJ with Yuan dynasty and CJL with Qing dynasty.

Will ZWJ be able to overthrow the Qing dynasty if he was in CJL's position?

Feel free to come up with your own choice. Other leader of big sect like XF (of Beggar Clan), XZ (of Xiao Yao), etc. if you like.

I don't think there is anybody that can accomplish more than CJL did. After all, his fault was to believe Jian Long who was his blood related brother. although we put HR in this case, she would still believe in her brother/sister, wouldn't she ?
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Qiao Feng would be good. He was mature, decisive kind and merciful, and brought his followers together. He is not distracted by most women and is more straight-forward in dealing with things and is not limited by so called "gentlleman' limiations when he needs to do something.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

The problem is, he has to deal with his real brother. I believe, XF would believe Duan Yu or XZ, why do you think he won't believe Jian Long if jian long were his blood related brother.

I think i would only trust YG with much certainty to not sacrifice his girl due to his devotion and his intelligence to see through JL. But his leadership would probably be lacking since he cares so much about his wife.

ZWJ might also do the same for ZM but only after prolonged suffering i think, as is befitting of his character. He might be able to attract more ppl to the cause but in the end he is not ruthless enough.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

i think zwj's kinda similar to cjl...weak when it comes ti matters of e heart...and once they see pretty gers...,forget everything else...indecisive when coming to matters of e heart n muzt break some gers heart ...unlike yg or qiaofeng

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    i think zwj's kinda similar to cjl...weak when it comes ti matters of e heart...and once they see pretty gers...,forget everything else...indecisive when coming to matters of e heart n muzt break some gers heart ...unlike yg or qiaofeng
    YG didn't break girls' heart? What about Cheng Ying, Lu Wu Xuang and Wanyan Ping. It's lucky that Wanyan Ping was able to recovery and find someone else. But LWX and CY never get married because they have lost their hearts to him. I forgot whether he flirted with CY or not, but he certainly flirted with LWX and WP (even though his heart is with XLN).

How about what happens if you chuck Mu Rong Fu into it?

He would certainly sacrifice his girl, not trust anyone, be prepared to sacrifice all to be the emperor (though for himself, rather than for the people), and has the ambition, talents, martial arts, wits, and looks.

He's good at being a hypocrite so people will support him and probably won't even trust his own father.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I don't think there is anybody that can accomplish more than CJL did. After all, his fault was to believe Jian Long who was his blood related brother. although we put HR in this case, she would still believe in her brother/sister, wouldn't she ?

I personally think HR would do a better job then CJL b/c I think HR is smarter than him and she is definitely not as trusting as CJL. HR is the type of person who doubts you until you've proven yourself time and time again. Even though QL & CJL are brothers, they didn't know that till they're both grown men...they don't know anything about each besides the obvious. CJL failed b/c he lacked the quality of a good leader and was too trusting of someone he doesn't even know...he believed that blood was thicker than water and he forgot the most important thing about QL...QL is first and always KING, not his brother! If he realized that fact from the beginning, he wouldn't be so easily tricked...again, this only showed that he's not a shrewd or competent leader.

QL actually truely cooperated with red flower society until he was "forced" to break this cooperation by 4 young kings( don't know what term I have to use) who had military power bigger than he had. if he were to follow what red flower society plan, they would loss eventually with more people die for sure.

charbydis, good idea on MRF.

How about WXB then? I think WXB would be the least possible candidate, in the quest to overthrow Qing Dynasty, that is. However, with his intelligent, he could also sense Qianlong's betrayal, and he would not likely to pass beautiful girls

How about Zhuge Liang? He is super intelligent. He would be able to see through Qianlong.