Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Yang Meng Hu Jiang - Yang Warriors ~ Alec Su, Chae Rim, Zhao Ya Zhi, Ding Long

Here are the songs!

Opening theme (Ri Luo Jin Sha Tan)
    Ending theme (Yin Yin Zuo Tong)
    Sub theme (Ni Ke Yi Bu Dong)
    <3 Sam Wang Shao Wei <3
    Please visit Shao Wei's English Forum!

great thanks,
    I also have something for everyone,

<a href="http://www.sendspace.com/file/9rk4oz">Alec Su - Ni Ke Yi bu Dong</a>

this story is extremely popular and has been played through many generations. i watched an older version and it was really good. i love kung-fu series though and i have to admit this one is particularly sad. Alec Su did really good in HSDS though!! i really liked it with him in it. He fit the role perfectly! My aunt says that she doesn't like the kung-fu dramas lately because it is way overdramatic. She says the fighting scenes don't even seem real anymore. heh but i still like it like that. and all that stuff about chemistry between the two main leads i have to agree. one is korean and the other is taiwanese. so when they are acting doesn't it make it a little odd. but then again this is all together my opinion only.

Smile anybody got any pics of Qi Lang????

What's his real name??is it Yan Kuan or Yan Kun???i think he's really cute!!

Quote Originally Posted by lido_freak
    What's his real name??is it Yan Kuan or Yan Kun???i think he's really cute!!
    It's Yan Kun.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

YAN KUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

then anybodies got pics of Qi Lang???...tee..hee...

I have a lot! I have a lot! I'll post them up tomorrow. It's real late over here. Please remind me!

Quote Originally Posted by magic5192
    I have a lot! I have a lot! I'll post them up tomorrow. It's real late over here. Please remind me!
    Thankies!!ha...just post them now cause i only come in late....i'mma freak of HIM now...

REally sorry, but can someoen send it again. The songs. I really liked the music in it.

The actors are good. The actual show kinda drags on and its more of a love story and revoles around 4th Tiger. Youll like it if you like that. *****Possible Spoiler********

It still contains the tragic ending. *But it felt rushed.

I really liked the original yang jia jiang better as the tragedy was spread over the whole story. This one kinda drags out the intro and then makes the whole "historical" and warfare part short. Depends what you like. This one is more about the characters. The old one is about the story.

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

overall, i thought it was a boring drama. i didn't care about any of the relations of any of the brothers, even alec's character, but when battle started in the end and the brothers started dying, i cried for every one of them. i found it so weird becuase i didn't even recognize half of the brothers cause i wasn't paying attention, but i just couldn't stop crying when they died, especially when san lang and qi lang died. it was such a tragic scene and their brotherly love was so touching.
    dolphin_bay

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    overall, i thought it was a boring drama. i didn't care about any of the relations of any of the brothers, even alec's character, but when battle started in the end and the brothers started dying, i cried for every one of them. i found it so weird becuase i didn't even recognize half of the brothers cause i wasn't paying attention, but i just couldn't stop crying when they died, especially when san lang and qi lang died. it was such a tragic scene and their brotherly love was so touching.
    Hate it too

I found it funny how CR's character couldn't survive on her own without a man (to point of starvation). Such a great character that one is.......

The movie was ok, just that it drags at time. I like the girl who played the princess even thou she isn't the main character. Her attitude is strong and she does whatever she has to get what she wants. She really loves the 4th bro and married him even tho she knows she has no place in his heart. It's such a pity to see her die. I hated how Alec's character totally ignored the princess after all she did for him. He doesn't have to love her but he can show some emotion to her at least. A lot of girls are sensitive. I love her unconditional love for him. Even in death, she didn't regret all that she did for him.

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geminililygrl
    The movie was ok, just that it drags at time. I like the girl who played the princess even thou she isn't the main character. Her attitude is strong and she does whatever she has to get what she wants. She really loves the 4th bro and married him even tho she knows she has no place in his heart. It's such a pity to see her die. I hated how Alec's character totally ignored the princess after all she did for him. He doesn't have to love her but he can show some emotion to her at least. A lot of girls are sensitive. I love her unconditional love for him. Even in death, she didn't regret all that she did for him.
    the princess died? strange cause in my version she just told him to leave and go and that was it.
    dolphin_bay

In the version I watched, she got killed by trying to save si lang from her brother.

Default Some thoughts/comments

Right, I'm finally watching this. I've got the China version. So, from what I've read from the previous pages, I won't be see Alec dying. I guess it's good... I can merge fiction with history - that he stayed with the Liao princess and had a son.

I'm probably an outcast here when I say I don't like Alec paired with CR. True, they look good together but it's more brother-sisterly to me. They also lack that romantic chemistry. I watched this directly after 'The Bratty Princess' and it's pretty obvious AC pair lacks chemistry. I'm not sure if it's because CR's dialogues were dubbed and so, wasn't as impactful, or their love story was just too tragic. I had similar feelings with Aegean Sea as well. I didn't even manage to finish that!

Or perhaps it's CR's acting, which a lot of people commented that it was not on par with her Korean series. It just seems lacking in oomph. I can't feel her being torn between love and family. At times, she just seems a bit stiff. Her tears didn't move me either - probably the only one whose tears didn't move me!

I think the writers for her character have not been consistent either. Wasn't she supposed to be rather strong-willed, smart and likes dressing in men's costume all the time? If so, how come she's not dressed as a man when she went to look for Si Lang? I'm sure a woman as smart and as comfortable dressing as a man as she would have dressed as a man, especially when travelling alone. Also, if she's so smart as to be able to chase a thief, I'm sure she can defend herself and not wait for men to defend her. Initially, I did like her character but after the 1st few episodes, her character lost life. It got too weak (waaaay before her illness) and boring.

I much prefer the Liao princess, even though she's supposed to be the antagonist but I think HuJing looks more romantically suitable than CR. Plus, her character, even though supposedly evil, is strong and straightforward. She's not afraid to love nor hate and she makes it very clear, whereas YuYan's such a drag - 'love-him, don't-love-him'; 'break-up, reconcile'. I can understand why Si Lang would fall in love with the initial YuYan but it's hard to imagine him falling for the weak girl. It would have made more sense (to me, at least) if she'd continued to be strong and smart as how she was during the 1st few episodes.

And despite all the cut scenes of Alec, I'm rather glad I don't have to watch all the mushy scenes between them 2 - professing their undying love in every episode. It's a bit too much. Yes, give the jade; takes the jade; return the jade; accepts the jade, etc.... *sigh* When is it going to end?? Honestly, of all the romance between all the characters, theirs was the most tiring to watch.

However, putting aside the romance, it's quite an endearing series. The familiar love and loyalty was played out well. It's really heart-breaking to watch the family break-up due to war, the presence of an extremely stupid emperor and a dementedly evil PM - all of which were not uncommon in the history of China. It captured a time in history and I personally would have liked it better had it not focused so much on the romance of 4Lang and YuYan. But I supposed the plot needed a reason for the PM's (added) hatred for the Yangs.

I'm not sure if in reality, the Yangs were this blindly loyal but in this series, their blind loyalty almost bordered on stupidity. All in all, I guess this story/legend/story says a lot about the effects of war and a useless leader.
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

Hi... I would really like to get the theme songs of Warriors of the Yang Clan...
    Can someone please upload those three songs again for me? Please and Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by bluebells_ View Post
    Hi... I would really like to get the theme songs of Warriors of the Yang Clan...
    Can someone please upload those three songs again for me? Please and Thank you...

Here are the songs!

Ri Luo Jin Sha Tan
    Yin Yin Zuo Tong
    Ni Ke Yi Bu Dong

Enjoy!

I watched this movie a few years ago on tv w/ english subtitles. I bought the movie, but it's in mandarin and i only speak cantonese. I'm so glad i can watch it on crunchy roll w/ english subtitles. i can finally understand the whole movie. I really like alec (of course) and the 7th brother!! Does anyone know his name? Also both Yuyan and the princess Ming Ji are sooo pretty. Yup, one has a cinnamon bun on the head and the other has a pie crust. LOL But yet still so beautiful. I hated the ending though!! I watched the old tvb version of this so i thought the 4th brother would make it...