Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Series:Moment in Peking-ZhaoWei, Pan YueMing, Pan Hong...

Angry

OMG! Where r u guys fm aniwae! The tv oreadi showing, tv series juz released? When is it gonna rch Singapore? Arrggghhh!!!
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

I already saw it selling in Blue Max.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    I already saw it selling in Blue Max.
    Really? Hmm.. i gonna buy tiz series for my Xmas gift den!

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

merry christmas then. let us know how good your xmas pressie is.

It's already out in YesAsia. Go check it out. I think YesAsia is still having some kind of sale for China production series.
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

Smile

I juz bought it and now watching till around 13 episodes oreadi? Total have 44 episodes... Not much crying scenes this time, but maybe i haven reach the climax yet. All i know is Vicki has mature over the years, look really feminine now, very delicate lady. Her role is so sad... n pathetic too. Do buy n watch it!

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

her role is sad and pathetic so u're asking us vicki fans 2 watch it? lol......i wonder if she'll ever be cast with alec su again.....haiz......btw,do u guys know any series besides "huan zhu ge ge"and "lau fang you xi" that has an AV pairing?

well shows how much talent she has then by the way, i think thats all the series she and alec ever did that IS AV pairing, cuz romance in the rain had AV in there, but they werent a pair.

yeah!how can vicki and alec be cast in the same series but not the same couple!who did the casting anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    yeah!how can vicki and alec be cast in the same series but not the same couple!who did the casting anyway....
    uh, maybe because they just wanted a different cast? hahaha i still dont like leo ku and her though.

i seriously doubt that they wanted a different cast cuz 3 of the 4 main charaters r from hzgg....................i think the only reason they got rid of er kang is bcoz quote from ruby:his nostrils r huge(those of u who watch kang xi lai le would know what i'm toking about! )yes,we all know that he has huge nostrils but saying it on an entertainment show is clearly putting him down.....btw,did u guys notice that a lot of hzgg fans r ok with leo ku being yong qi....heck,i certainly was not ok ....but i am thankful that at least it isn't vicki who plays xiao yan zi in part 3 cuz it'd make me sick thinking about leo/vicki pairing

yep i wasnt too fond of leo and vicki pairing either. but whoa, i didnt know ruby said that. geez

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

I wonder who vicki is supposed to be lovers with in here. in the beginning i thought it was kong li fu, but then vicki was surprisingly okay with marrying sun ya. For some reason, i would really want sun ya to love vicki. maybe b/c kong li fu is too boring. although i find sun ya ridicuously selfish at times, i think his character is very attracting.
    Also, is it just me or is it that mo cho and li hua's characters are both surprisingly annoying, espefially li hua. i really hope she doesn't go on with sun ya. I also hope that if they break up, it's sun ya and not li hua that wants to break up.

Smile

I simply love Vicki and Victor together, certainly not Sunya. But in the end Vicki was paired wif Sunya...haiz... The show is okok laa. I watch for the sake of Vicki mah so even if the show is boring, i have to bear wif it lor.

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoshan
    I simply love Vicki and Victor together, certainly not Sunya. But in the end Vicki was paired wif Sunya...haiz... The show is okok laa. I watch for the sake of Vicki mah so even if the show is boring, i have to bear wif it lor.
    As I'm watching on, I'm starting to dislike Sun Ya more also. He's getting more and more irritable. But I still want Vicki and Sun ya together just for the sake of seeing Sun ya change his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    As I'm watching on, I'm starting to dislike Sun Ya more also. He's getting more and more irritable. But I still want Vicki and Sun ya together just for the sake of seeing Sun ya change his mind.
    I've watched the series twice - and yes, my mother also is very angry that mulan did not end up with lifu, they are so alike in character and interests. She is totally wasted on sunya. It is very bad of sunya's mother to pressurise mulan into marrying and staying married to sunya - to reform him, to save the family name etc etc.

It seems like this story is about all the near misses in real life - all the people don't end up together with people they love - see man ni, mo chou, li fu, li hua...
    Agree?!

But I still like vicki - a very good actress - so versatile!

Anyone seen the 1989 adaptation? Except for production quality, i think that it was better than the new version in every other way. Zhao Wei is pretty, but she is inherently a lively character, she has trouble carrying off the serene beauty that is Mulan.

The new series has too many "scenes", not enough continuity. i see this in a lot of series that try to be "artistic". It uses techniques for segways and scene transitions that are reminiscent of plays rather than dramas. This is needed for plays and such, which need to be economical in their transitions and focus on "moments", thus losing opportunity to build up drama.

I couldn't find a character in which I could sympathize with. The only character that is presented with a sympathetic situation was Mulan. However, despite the situation, Vicki was a fish out of water in the role so I just couldn't really immerse in the story. Perhaps I've been spoiled by "Story of a Noble Family" and is measuring all period pieces by that standard.

wasn't this supposed to be dubbed in korean? when's it coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    I think Vicki's wrinkles come from her smoking and excessive partying. I dont know. I'm a big vicki fan, but I am quite disappointed in her.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2005-08-20/1124497011_F2aqMH.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2005-08-20/1124497011_G2aqMH.jpg')
    I think these pix were taken during Vicki's filming of her new series "Fast Track Love." The dress, the necklace, the pink bangle, and the hair all match up with the pix of her in the promotion pix of Fast Track Love. It is just that her dress in the promotion pix did not seem to have the burgendy straps.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/honeytea_h/img200511201120235sw.jpg')

Did anyone finish watching this series? I'm so fed up with Vicki's character--she's such a stock character and Vicki makes her even more boring than she already is. I guess her acting skills haven't improved as much as I thought, judging from reviews and such. Her boyfriend (not husband) also needs to improve on his acting skills as well--really getting sick of their monotone expressions.

Other than that, I guess the plot is okay, though Yao Mulan IS way too perfect of a character, except she can't really stand up for herself.

My favourite character so far has to be the second son's wife, the actress whom I think is Hu Ke. I didn't use to thiink much of her after watching the series she did with Jimmy, but she really shines in this one, a lot more than Vicki.

As for Vicki's sister, don't get me started on what a huge brat her character is. I don't really know whether the actress is doing a good job in causing my frustrations with the character hmm..

Other than that, this series is very so-so, I think I'm going to pass on finishing it. Does anyone have spoilers though? Thanks