Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Series:Moment in Peking-ZhaoWei, Pan YueMing, Pan Hong...

I think that Yao Mulan is too perfect (she's basically a Zi Wei-type character in the 1900s), but I really liked Vicki's performance. Some people say she didn't have that gentleness and that she was like a fish out of water, but Mulan was also supposed to be really smart, and even more dependable than men, and Vicki really gave Mulan a backbone. The scene where she cries when Sunya complains about their marriage broke my heart.

The second son's wife (Suyun) is a real brat who goes to work for the Japanese afterwards, but the actress was pretty good. However, in Ban Sheng Yuan she played a similar character (spoiled rich girl), so I think if she really wants to develop her acting, she needs to take on other roles. That's why I really respect Vicki's decision to do MIP - it's a different, new challenge for her.

Mochou (Mulan's sister) was way better in the book, IMO. In the book she was more womanly and practical, but in this she was just spoiled and unreasonable and noisy.

Sunya's monotone sometimes, but it's more displaying his nonchalant attitude. When he erupts he does a good job.

For those who want to know a spoiler, the really really annoying and bad character in this series has to be Niu Huai-yu. He was okay when he was with Mochou, but in the end he was more evil than his sister Suyun (who at least had the brains to change into a better person). Meanwhile, Niu Huai-yu is off helping the Japanese, acting like he's Japanese, and totally having no concern about his home country, taking troops in to ruin the Zeng house, killing Manni and her son...he's just...ugh. Anyway, still have two more episodes to go.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

i thought vicki did really good in here. she made me feel this pity for her, and this sense that she was so perfect that she was boring.

and now that i think of it, mulan IS like zi wei, except even more perfect.

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I think that Yao Mulan is too perfect (she's basically a Zi Wei-type character in the 1900s), but I really liked Vicki's performance. Some people say she didn't have that gentleness and that she was like a fish out of water, but Mulan was also supposed to be really smart, and even more dependable than men, and Vicki really gave Mulan a backbone. The scene where she cries when Sunya complains about their marriage broke my heart.

The second son's wife (Suyun) is a real brat who goes to work for the Japanese afterwards, but the actress was pretty good. However, in Ban Sheng Yuan she played a similar character (spoiled rich girl), so I think if she really wants to develop her acting, she needs to take on other roles. That's why I really respect Vicki's decision to do MIP - it's a different, new challenge for her.

Mochou (Mulan's sister) was way better in the book, IMO. In the book she was more womanly and practical, but in this she was just spoiled and unreasonable and noisy.

Sunya's monotone sometimes, but it's more displaying his nonchalant attitude. When he erupts he does a good job.

For those who want to know a spoiler, the really really annoying and bad character in this series has to be Niu Huai-yu. He was okay when he was with Mochou, but in the end he was more evil than his sister Suyun (who at least had the brains to change into a better person). Meanwhile, Niu Huai-yu is off helping the Japanese, acting like he's Japanese, and totally having no concern about his home country, taking troops in to ruin the Zeng house, killing Manni and her son...he's just...ugh. Anyway, still have two more episodes to go.
    i actually liked vicki's younger sister. okay, this might sound like i like bratty girls, but those who know me would know how much i usually get irritated at them even when they are protagonists. however, i though mo chou was different. i have this wierd respect for her for some reason, and i though her love with niu huai yu was so touching. i think this is the first time something like that has worked out even a little. my two fav scenes of them are when one time niu huai yu says "i love you, till forever" and mo chou replies "i love you, one more day than forever" i don't know, but considering she's mo chou, getting that sentence out of her mouth has to be hard. also, i loved teh scene where huai yu carries her around the city in a carriage nad she jumps into his arms after she forces him to stop (sadly, i think that's what caused their problemes) i though their breakup was stupid though and i was extremely dissappointed in huai yu's reaction. (actually, i really dislike huai yu as a character)

as for sun ya, i think he was my fav character in series (even though he irritated me a lot) although i hated his lover (cao li hua), he was so sweet in all of those scenes and his little excerpt with mo chou in the begginning was also so sweet, especially when they almost ran away. i really love how this actor looks and speaks. i don't know why people say he speaks in monotone, but i love his voice and speech. its ver flowing. the only problem i had with this character is the drastic change he had when cao li hua died. i HATE cao li hua, but i HATED sun ya's reaction even more. one moment he was holding her dead body in the rain as if the world as ended, and the next momenth's hes looking for an excuse to move in with his wife. i'm glad the director didnt' decide to devote episodes to sun ya's "sadness" and "mourning" but at least make the transition smootiher. also, his manliness from the beginning is nowhere to be seen in the end.

Huai Yu and Mo Chou were really sweet up until the whole rape incident!! I also really liked that quote...I'll love you one day more than forever. *aww* I think that Huai Yu and Mo Chou were way sweeter than Kong Lifu/Mochou, since I really didn't buy that Mochou loved Kong Lifu, or that Kong Lifu loved her back...I still think Lifu loved Mulan more.

I think Cao Li Hua's intentions weren't bad, but I really didn't like the actress playing her. She just made Li Hua very unlikeable. Plus, she wasn't that pretty either, which made me wonder why Sun Ya wouldn't go with Mulan. However, I agree the transition was stupid...I was just like, why the heck is Sun Ya suddenly all nice to Mulan?
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Hmm, I'm surprised Mo Chou has so many fans; perhaps she gets better later on? I don't know if it was the dubbing or that four-year-voice is really the actress' because that really bothered me a lot as well. I just found her stereotyped as another one of those really annoying, bratty, spoiled rich girls--just another pretty face to the addition.

I understand that Mulan is supposed to be very calm, collected, etc. but I think Vicki's expressions were a bit too limited. It seemed like she was putting on a similar expression throughout all the incidents when she was supposed to act hurt, angry, happy, relieved, etc. She does have the elegant air down, but I felt that it lacked dimensions.

Sunya's voice is a bit annoying, but he's more enjoyable and interesting to watch than Kong Lifu. Kong Lifu is PAIIIINFUL to watch when he attempts (and YES "attempts") to act angry; I have barely any good opinions of Victor Huang after watching this series.

Anyone else getting sick of Pan Hong in her 8th series of smart, strong, mother-in-law type role? Do they really need to typecast her so much?

okay, i agree the actress contributed to how cao li hua was dislikable but the role is extremely dislikeable in some subtle wasy too. when cao li hua is trampled over and bullied, she appeals to mu lan and says stuffl like "oh, you're so nice. how could i do anythign bad to you.." etc i forgot. but once she's has the upper hand, she kind of brags to mu lan. ie. time when she was the only one that knew sun ya's addressin england and she was like to mu lan" if you want to mail him a letter, send it to me" the way she said it was horrible. just horrible. if she were really thankful and didnt' want to hurt mulan, she would give her the address. and i felt to compassion or pity for her when she lost her baby because she was again bragging about it to mulan.

strangly, i relaly really love sun ya's voice. its so unique. and i agree abotu the li fu getting angry thing. he's painful to watch becuase hes calm and slow. i think he moves in slow motion.

i really wish that sun ya and mu lan had more scenes together and sun ya would be more like himself after he "fell in love" with mu lan. seriously, after he got together with her, he's passive, dominated by her (not intentionally). i don't know what to say about this guy. i like him but he has so many flaws.

i heard alot about this serie, but i didn't see it yet, does it a sad serie?
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

It's pretty sad at the end. Well, not exactly sad...sort of that "who will survive, and what will be left of them" kind of thing. War with Japanese. Sad stuff.

I wouldn't say I'm a Mochou fan, but I like how she's more human than Mulan. I was pretty pissed at Mochou though, when she got upset at Mulan after Mulan married Sunya, but in reality Mochou felt bad for Mulan.

I really didn't like the actor who played Kong Lifu...whenever he started acting crazy I wanted to rip his face off the screen.

As for Vicki's acting, I think Mulan was supposed to be the type who would internalize anger, so Mulan's a really challenging role to play well. However, you can see when tears start to well up in Mulan's eyes. Plus, I think Vicki really brought out the smart and dependable aspect of Mulan.

Yeah I completely agree with you on Victor Huang. I watched a bit with my mom today and could not stand him at all. Yao Mulan used to be my most hated character, but now Kong Lifu can take the honors after she's pushed to second most hated.

As for Vicki, I think she goes two extremes. Either she's way too soft and expressionless in some parts, or does the whole indignant expression which is so out of character with Yao Mulan, similarly with the weak expression. Maybe she needs to find a balance between the two.Oh yeah, they should dub her voice--it sounds way too modern and childish like--well, actually good for Xiao Yan Zi type of roles, not good for a very mature woman.

Spoiler

As for Mochou, the actress really needs some lessons, BADLY. Her reaction after the whole rape thing was kind of bland. I don't know who changed the plot, but having the whole rape thing kind of didn't make much sense. I agree with you guys about Sun Ya suddenly like Mulan--seems out of character as well. The only thing I like about the series is the music.

Now I don't think the acting was that bad...overall, it was a good series, IMO, and I think most of the problems were with the direction. I mean, oftentimes bad acting can also reflect bad directing. Plus the way the director put many things into the series...like the part when Mulan's father yells "even if the jia gu wen's burn into fen, they will still be on the mainland!" was totally unnecssary.

Not necessarily the best adaptation, if you compare everything to what Lin Yutang wrote. I just wish they had dwelled on the last few episodes, which I felt were really meaningful. The beginning could've been shortened.

i loved the series! it was so sad and depressing though. haven't i already said that? lol. well anyways, i thought vicki did really well, but her character is just like... too perfect for me! i never had much liking for those perfecty characters.

sun ya was an idiot.. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy
    i loved the series! it was so sad and depressing though. haven't i already said that? lol. well anyways, i thought vicki did really well, but her character is just like... too perfect for me! i never had much liking for those perfecty characters.

sun ya was an idiot.. seriously.
    sadly, sun ya was my favorite character. i know its stupid to like him (considering that i disliked his characteristics) but i found him really attactive
    dolphin_bay

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

omg...im practically surprised that there are so many ppl liking zeng sunya. i for one am thoroughly hateful towards the character. no offense here....im just saying whats on my mind...

he gets even more bratty than Mochou at times, like a boy wanting everything to go his way....he always runs away from problems instead of settling them...he's useless as a man, cant stick to a job, cant support his own family (in this case, cao lihua and the son, giving away presents by borrowing from the shop which mulan pays for him, what a useless man!). if he so much hates his family, why dont he just leave and have a proper life with cao lihua?...being a filial son by staying is totally out of the equation, what filial son when he keeps hurting his parents' feelings and shouting at them? as far as i know the traditional chinese family doesnt tolerate children raising their voices at them....i think he stayed because he knows he cant survive outside without zeng family. everything he did up until now the epsode im watching revolves around him, him being with cao lihua, him getting thngs that he wants....he doesnt care about other's feelings all he cared was that he gets his way, him pleasing himself, first having cao lihua and then when that stupid schoolgirl dies of the stupid head banging on the wall drama, he goes to mulan? he had no self concious at all, no guilt, no regret. no nothing! he says sorry to mulan and tells her that he never meant to hurt her feelings but theres no sincerety in them, he was saying that to please himself only, that he's apologized to mulan and then he can go on having an affair with cao lihua....i just cant bring myself liking this stupid drunk bastard.....up until now when he's being all nice to mulan, changing into a better man like mulan says (duh) i still think he doesnt deserve mulan after what he's done. he hasnt done one good thing to mulan while he was having the affair..., all this while he sees her as the enemy wanting to ruin his life then all of a sudden when he's got no one to love him due to lihua's sudden death he's going drooling over mulan? what kind of a man is he?
    i remember the series 'the good old days' when the xiaoye of the house was forced to marry the girl his mother likes and then goes on having affairs with three other women, i can still wish for him getting on better terms with his first wife and was overjoyed when the ending has him living the old age with the first wife only. but here i just cant make myself hoping sunya to cherish and love mulan because he's too self-absorbed to deserve one as selfless as mulan. all i hope for is that mulan getting a divorce and getting on with her life with dignity. i think sunya has become the most hateful character in all the series that i watched.

as for mulan...as much as i like her toughness, i cant help thinking she's got no self-respect at all...she just turns one eye shut at the affair and the knowledge that sunya's got a son with lihua, just waiting for him to accept her as his wife...she's got no principals, no strong decision-making, and most of all no self-respect. she doesnt stand up for herself (she can but she doesnt!), she's too selfless that she crushes the heart of the man that she loved he most and one who loves her back by giving in to zeng family and sunya....and i hate her for that....

then again, just my opinion...
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 09-20-06 at 11:44 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    omg...im practically surprised that there are so many ppl liking zeng sunya. i for one am thoroughly hateful towards the character. no offense here....im just saying whats on my mind...

he gets even more bratty than Mochou at times, like a boy wanting everything to go his way....he always runs away from problems instead of settling them...he's useless as a man, cant stick to a job, cant support his own family (in this case, cao lihua and the son, giving away presents by borrowing from the shop which mulan pays for him, what a useless man!). if he so much hates his family, why dont he just leave and have a proper life with cao lihua?...being a filial son by staying is totally out of the equation, what filial son when he keeps hurting his parents' feelings and shouting at them? as far as i know the traditional chinese family doesnt tolerate children raising their voices at them....i think he stayed because he knows he cant survive outside without zeng family. everything he did up until now the epsode im watching revolves around him, him being with cao lihua, him getting thngs that he wants....he doesnt care about other's feelings all he cared was that he gets his way, him pleasing himself, first having cao lihua and then when that stupid schoolgirl dies of the stupid head banging on the wall drama, he goes to mulan? he had no self concious at all, no guilt, no regret. no nothing! he says sorry to mulan and tells her that he never meant to hurt her feelings but theres no sincerety in them, he was saying that to please himself only, that he's apologized to mulan and then he can go on having an affair with cao lihua....i just cant bring myself liking this stupid drunk bastard.....up until now when he's being all nice to mulan, changing into a better man like mulan says (duh) i still think he doesnt deserve mulan after what he's done. he hasnt done one good thing to mulan while he was having the affair..., all this while he sees her as the enemy wanting to ruin his life then all of a sudden when he's got no one to love him due to lihua's sudden death he's going drooling over mulan? what kind of a man is he?
    i remember the series 'the good old days' when the xiaoye of the house was forced to marry the girl his mother likes and then goes on having affairs with three other women, i can still wish for him getting on better terms with his first wife and was overjoyed when the ending has him living the old age with the first wife only. but here i just cant make myself hoping sunya to cherish and love mulan because he's too self-absorbed to deserve one as selfless as mulan. all i hope for is that mulan getting a divorce and getting on with her life with dignity. i think sunya has become the most hateful character in all the series that i watched.

as for mulan...as much as i like her toughness, i cant help thinking she's got no self-respect at all...she just turns one eye shut at the affair and the knowledge that sunya's got a son with lihua, just waiting for him to accept her as his wife...she's got no principals, no strong decision-making, and most of all no self-respect. she doesnt stand up for herself (she can but she doesnt!), she's too selfless that she crushes the heart of the man that she loved he most and one who loves her back by giving in to zeng family and sunya....and i hate her for that....

then again, just my opinion...
    as i said, i know and acknowledge all of sun ya's flaws (and i despise them too) but for sun ya, he's kind of like a character that i thought would defenitely turn out good (not that i'm saying it happened) i'm happy he's with mulan in the end, but i was far from being satisfied considering i agree with you with everythign you said (insincerity, stupidity, etc). i was trying to be tolerant throughout the drama. and trying to magnify the moments of goodnesses that he had but that kind of fell apart when he went to mulan after cao li hua died (i hate cao li hua by the way). i still like him, but he has too many flaws. (sigh)

by the way, the "good old day" drama that you were talking about, the one with the man living with his first wife till their old even though he has affairs. is it called "zai jian yan yang tian?" just reminded me of that drama. that was a LONG drama. don't know how i went though it
    dolphin_bay

Yeah, I think that it's pretty much Vicki + the stupid role that makes me despise it with much hatred. I'm really curious about the book--was Yao Mulan as perfect as she was in the series?

The feeling I'm getting is--Yao Mulan in the series is perfect because everyone SAYS she is, but I'm not getting that vibe. Vicki tries too hard to present that image (sorry I know I'm offending her fans, but that's just how I feel), so much that every little action seems overdone and rigid--from her false little chuckles to the way she recites her lines. True, Mulan is a difficult role, but with that awful script, they need to get someone in there who can naturally reveal all the characteristics and SHOW us that Yao Mulan is a great woman--without TELLING us.

As for Sunya, what a huge wimp and idiot. Yeah, overnight, he just suddenly decide, "Omg, I love Mulan!" And his reason for not liking her in the beginning was kind of lame as well. I don't think Yao Mulan was being too weak in the beginning for sticking with the family when he had an affair--that's typical of how ancient women behaved. Like I said before, in modern times, she would be a complete idiot, but back then, she was just seen as a dutiful wife.

Does anyone else get the vibe that this series seems more like a stage play than a series? Or maybe it's just the way the actors/actresses say their lines *sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Yeah, I think that it's pretty much Vicki + the stupid role that makes me despise it with much hatred. I'm really curious about the book--was Yao Mulan as perfect as she was in the series?

The feeling I'm getting is--Yao Mulan in the series is perfect because everyone SAYS she is, but I'm not getting that vibe. Vicki tries too hard to present that image (sorry I know I'm offending her fans, but that's just how I feel), so much that every little action seems overdone and rigid--from her false little chuckles to the way she recites her lines. True, Mulan is a difficult role, but with that awful script, they need to get someone in there who can naturally reveal all the characteristics and SHOW us that Yao Mulan is a great woman--without TELLING us.

As for Sunya, what a huge wimp and idiot. Yeah, overnight, he just suddenly decide, "Omg, I love Mulan!" And his reason for not liking her in the beginning was kind of lame as well. I don't think Yao Mulan was being too weak in the beginning for sticking with the family when he had an affair--that's typical of how ancient women behaved. Like I said before, in modern times, she would be a complete idiot, but back then, she was just seen as a dutiful wife.

Does anyone else get the vibe that this series seems more like a stage play than a series? Or maybe it's just the way the actors/actresses say their lines *sighs*
    I’ve had the misfortune of reading the book before watching the series, therefore, my viewing of the series was greatly colored. So thank you lucky stars that you didn't read the book beforehand or you will hate MIP enough more. Now I have only impressions on which to base my comments. Before commenting on the series, however I need to get this exasperation out of me first, “Why the hell did a series tout itself as an adaptation of a novel when all it has in common to the novel are its title and the characters’ names? WHY?” True, MIP has bits and pieces taken from the book but a huge chunk of it is totally outside the original story. Rape what rape? A mistress moving in with her lover and his family? A baby, what baby? Sunya and Caolihua’s affair is just a blip in the novel and not the drawn out drama in the series. The series characters are so outrageously different from the real characters in the book. Despite its sluggish pacing and wordy style, I thought the novel is good. I, however, dislike MIP the series, because although dramatic (overly) it was even slower moving and its characters were either overly dramatic or lackluster. Many times I couldn't relate to them and couldn't understand why they did what they did. They all left me cold but I did like the novel's characters. I like the idealistic Mulan, practical Mucho, their father, and even admire Kong Lifu. Thanks heaven, Mulan and Mochow and Sunya and the other characters in the book are nothing like the characters in the series.

Yearning: I agree with your opinion but am ambivalent about Mulan being not weak, just dutiful because of her times. I especially like your comment that viewers should feel the greatness of a character and not be told by scripted lines.

Mulan impressed me as being misguided in her beliefs which explains her inordinate tolerance for her humilating marital situation. Despite all odds, she meant to make her marriage work no matter what. Question is. is the marriage worth all those heartaches alongside the collected baggage. Mulan is strong in her determinatin but weak in that she was a pushover to her husband and his lover. I'm ambivalent, truly this Mulan is not a character I can understand or appreciate. Moreover, she is way too self-righteous in her forbearance as to be annoying. Mulan, the viewers are told is highly intelligent, but I don't see any flashes or even glimpses of shining intelligence from her. Except that scene when she secured the release of Kong lifu. Also, Sunya and Cao lihua affair is too wacky for me to swallow. In the 30's, a mistress would either have being discreetly bought off or discreetly poisoned, never suffered in the face, especially by a wife who comes from a prominent family.

A challenge to anyone who dislikes Ziwei but likes Mulan: Why is that you abhor sweet Ziwei, who at least has the guts to not share her man with another woman, when sweet Mulan is fine with you, eh?

I watched the dvd with great anticipation, but stopped at epi4 or 5 when the death of big brother dragged forever. When is that man going to die? And even then I could tell the personalities of the characters have a complete makeover. Even at this earlier stage of the series. I didn’t like the mincing, utterly selfless sweet Mulan, or that bratty, selfish Mochou or that rebellious Sunya who mumbled his lines.

At epi 5 I stopped for a long time; I had better things to do. Then better things got done, so for lack of better things to do, I continued with the show, afterall, I did pay good money for it. Putting aside my biasness, I tried to enjoy the show on its merit. Good, finally, Mulan is cornered by hook and by crook into marrying Sunya; and big brother finally died with all the hoopla. Now, maybe the story will pick up pace and move on. But, as another poster has mentioned, every now and then, I went into a déjà vu seeing Pan Hong acting yet another strong mother-in-law role, that for a minute, I got confused of what series I’m watching.
    Last edited by grace; 09-21-06 at 05:11 PM.

there was this one part where mulan wanted to divorce sun ya, but sun ya's mom wouldn't let her! she's like, "if you guys divorce, i can't live." well that made mulan feel bad, so she didn't divorce. but i still think she should've divorced him, and watch sun ya's mom die....

I totally think Mulan should've divorced Sunya a long time ago, but it's because Mulan is so gentle and wants to please everyone that she becomes too selfless.

However, the Zi Wei comparison really cannot be made. Since Mulan is a VERY selfless character to the point where people step on her, but Zi Wei is actually leaning towards selfish and yet somehow still manages to be passive enough to let people step on her. Plus, as for Zi Wei not sharing the man she loves, Zi Wei basically CRIES about everything and then Er Kang feels sorry and they make up. Mulan could've easily had someone kill Cao Lihua or at least badly injure Lihua if she really wanted to (there was the guy who was willing to pay her for it), or she could've cried about her problems to Sunya, but considering the time period, she knew that marriage was her duty. However, you can see that eventually Mulan does collapse and wants to divorce Sunya later on...of course, the directors just had to make it that Sunya started loving Mulan around that point.

On the other hand, I still agree that it sucks Mulan never really told Kong Lifu how she felt. The thing between Lifu and Mochou seemed so fake.

Hmm, maybe I got my time period mixed up then--not so ancient I suppose. The book doesn't so bad, why must they mess up the series so much?

As for Ziwei and Mulan-I think both are idiots---not questions asked, way too perfect. But at least they tried to give Ziwei a weakness I suppose, in comparison to Mulan, who can't do no wrong. Well, besides being a pushover.

The Sunya and Mulan "love story" seemed really unnatural--as other people have stated, him falling in love with her all of a sudden was kind of forced.

Supposedly, Sunya's mother is supposed to be this highly prominent woman, yet she goes on her knees too many times (only only twice, but that's still a lot in those times and to someone who isn't her elder). When someone does that a lot, it shouldn't work everytime and Mulan shouldn't always fall for it.

I don't exactly dislike ziwei, I dislike the way Ruby portrayed Ziwei. I actually liked Ziwei more in HZGG3 when she was portrayed by Ma Yi Li. When Ruby acted as Ziwei, she made Ziwei SOOOOOOO weak inside and out. So when we watch HZGG of course the viewers will be annoyed by this person who is so weak and keeps crying through out the series.