Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 《神雕侠侣》 (1983)

Quote Originally Posted by peepthasneaks View Post
    does anyone know if this came out in vietnamese WITH english subtitles? thanks.
    No, this came out in Vietnamese with no subtitles. It only came with English subs in the Chinese version.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Thanks Trinie. Its very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by peepthasneaks View Post
    Thanks Trinie. Its very much appreciated.
    You are welcome and you can always go the TVB DVDs thread to ask more about the DVD releases from Taiseng or TVB.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Smile

Fantastic vid, thanks for sharing.

does anyone know where I can get a hold of the soundtracks for ROCH '83 and LOCH '82? I don't even know where to begin looking

Quote Originally Posted by skyxkami View Post
    does anyone know where I can get a hold of the soundtracks for ROCH '83 and LOCH '82? I don't even know where to begin looking
    LOCH
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/legend...0-en/info.html

As for ROCH, I don't think they ever released a special album for the music, although you can find the themesong in almost any TVB themsong compilation. The subthemes like "San Tiu Dai Hap" and "Man Sai Kan" might be harder to find, though.

Thank you for your sharing....

I just bought the dvd set last week. I'm up to episode 8. I'm a little disappointed by how everything is in a different order than the book, and the script left out some things. But I did like it that this version told all the beginning of the story instead of skipping ahead the way the 2006 version did. I like how mischievous Andy's Yang Guo is. And how much Guo Jing obviously cares about him.

Zhou Botong just showed up. I like this version of him, even if his appearance is completely out of sequence with the novel.

But the costumes are horrible. There are people wearing silver lame', and you can see the edges of their wigs a lot of the time. I just have to pretend I don't notice. :lol:
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

I'm up to episode 16 now. I'm not sure how I feel about some of the changes to the plot, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

This production certainly made Guo Fu much more of a b*tch and Huo Du more of a villain.

Lu Wushuang isn't very nice, either. Though that doesn't really seem out of character considering how she was raised.

I loved the actors playing Ouyang Feng and Hong Qigong. It's too bad I won't be seeing any more of them in this series. Or maybe I will, since this series uses flashbacks quite a lot.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

No, not so much of Ouyang Feng and Hong Qigong. Seems like you haven`t watched The legend of Condor heroes 82.

You should have started with that series, since this is a sequel to it. Ouyang Feng and Hong Qigong have much bigger roles in LOCH.

I have only seen ROCH 95 and 06. 95 is my fav. though i heard alot of praises for ROCH 85 (or it it 83? the one with andy)

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    I just bought the dvd set last week. I'm up to episode 8. I'm a little disappointed by how everything is in a different order than the book, and the script left out some things. But I did like it that this version told all the beginning of the story instead of skipping ahead the way the 2006 version did. I like how mischievous Andy's Yang Guo is. And how much Guo Jing obviously cares about him.

Zhou Botong just showed up. I like this version of him, even if his appearance is completely out of sequence with the novel.
    :lol:
    I thought in ROCH2006, Yang Guo and Guo Jing had a much closer and more father-son warm relationship than ROCH1983? But I must say no production has come close to ROCH1983 in terms of casting (for Yang Guo, the Greats and Huang Rong) and acting skills, despite ROCH1983's studio-looking artificial sets.

Sure, Carmen and Louis' chemistry was great in ROCH1995 but the other castings fell way short of ROCH1983's.

But the costumes are horrible. There are people wearing silver lame', and you can see the edges of their wigs a lot of the time. I just have to pretend I don't notice. :lol:
    Yeah. The costumes aren't that great. But the acting makes up for it. You have to keep in mind that technology back in the 80s isn't advanced as now.

The soundtrack for this series is great. No other adaptation version can compare to the lyrics and music for this ROCH adaptation.

Chun Wong is adorable as Zhou BoTong. I'm sure you'll appreciate his portrayal of ZBT.

I'm up to episode 16 now. I'm not sure how I feel about some of the changes to the plot, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

This production certainly made Guo Fu much more of a b*tch and Huo Du more of a villain.

Lu Wushuang isn't very nice, either. Though that doesn't really seem out of character considering how she was raised.

I loved the actors playing Ouyang Feng and Hong Qigong. It's too bad I won't be seeing any more of them in this series. Or maybe I will, since this series uses flashbacks quite a lot.
    Yes. There are definitely changes to the plot. Like Yelut Qi's admiration of Miss WangYan and the whole magic trick scene with Zhou BoTong.

I still love this version's older Huang Rong (Susanna Au Yeung Pui San) best. Her costumes are pretty here. Even though she's pregnant with the twins.

I didn't like Cheng Ying's 80s curly hair or her heavy eye makeup. Oh! The 80s! But I still regard this version dearly for the good attributes rather than the flaws.

OuYang Feng is played by Yeung Chak Lam. He's the reason I like Ouyang Feng. You have to watch LOCH82.

Lau Dan has played Hong QiGong in many of the Condor Heroes adaptations and side stories. That's how much people like him in the role.

Sniffles: Where did you purchase your dvds?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Sure, Carmen and Louis' chemistry was great in ROCH1995 but the other castings fell way short of ROCH1983's.[/QUOTE]

yep, i agree with u on that one. the 1995 version was hanging on Carmen and Louis performance. They were really good. The supporting casts were just ok except for GX. I thought she was good as well.

And you can't miss the pointy head which GWM has, since he's using a rubber wig instead of shaving his head. The ROCH cast themselves took the mickey in one scene calling him pointy-head monk too. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    And you can't miss the pointy head which GWM has, since he's using a rubber wig instead of shaving his head. The ROCH cast themselves took the mickey in one scene calling him pointy-head monk too. =)
    TVB actor Cheung Lui (Golden Wheel Monk '83) shaved his head to play the monk Kau Mor Tze in DGSD '81 and his head was decidedly round. One wonders why TVB asked Cheung to use that pointy prosthetic headpiece instead of just asking him to shave his head again.

Banned

Sorry for bringing up this old thread. But, do you remember the first time you ever watched TV when you were young (around 4 years old) and didn't really understand anything? You were probably wondering why adults were into such things that didn't make any sense to you nor could hold your interest for 5 minutes.

I started with ROCH 83 at a time when I didn't understand anything about the dramas that adults watch. I also had the luxury of having all the episodes at hand on VHS years after it first aired, so that I watched it in marathon mode...

What I could immediately identify with was this boy who was around my age, who was an orphan and everyone was mistreating him. His character touched me the way Harry Potter touched me the first time I read it.

Next was the scene where his surrogate father, Au Yeung Fung, was forced to flee on a raft from the cave he was hiding with boy Yang Guor calling after him. Imagine you were an orphaned child, and the only person who ever cared for you was forced to leave. That scene was so-o-o touching.

Then, things started not making sense to me again at the Quanzhen Sect b/c I was too young to understand adult dramas, until this really pretty girl showed up for the first time to save our protagonist. I was mesmerized by her charm, but immediately shrugged it off.

The thing that made remember Condor Heroes all these years was when Dragon Lady started showing romantic interest in Yang Guor. I was too young to understand adult dramas, but the underlying love story between two people was the thing that really got to me, this young kid who didn't really understand nor cared why adults even watched TV.

Now, show me the equivalent touching scenes in ROCH 95, 98, 2006! There are none. They didn't use a real kid until the 2006 version. Even then, he was a brat, not like the Harry Potter-type character in the 1983 version. How can anyone claim any version of ROCH up till now is better than the 1983 version?

Lastly, Idy Chan is the only person who came close to portraying the perfect XLN for me, so far... Yes, there are beautiful Asian girls capable of playing her role. But charm is a separate thing from physical beauty. And in this video (at 0:54), Idy Chan really felt like a nymph of incomparable beauty slipping away from Yang Guor (I don't think inserting either Carmen Lee or Fann Wong or LYF into the same scene would have the same effect):

No wonder why Andy Lau still has a crush on her after all these years.

Having said all of that, I am much older now since my first experience watching ROCH. I now feel the best ROCH version and XLN is actually the first season of the anime that was animated by Japanese artists (the 2nd and 3rd seasons went over to China animation studio). There is just something about adding a Japanese touch to a Chinese love story. And also, a XLN in light pink is sooo beautiful.

Must XLN always be dressed in white? Why can't they alter her physical appearance a little in future versions? What I would love the most is to see light pink and light yellow versions of XLN in future live action remakes. But not just in temporary dresses. I wanna see either light pink or light yellow on her all of the time! She must either be pinkish or a yellow canary to the eyes of everyone! Btw, the XLN in the upcoming 2015 has deep pink collars (sometimes?), but I wanna see lighter and more pink on her....

Why must Sun WuKong always have a double-crescent head ring? Couldn't they come up with a different design for him?

In a sense, I'm kind of excited to see what future versions of ROCH bring. I only hope the people in charge have the sense to change things a little, be a little more heretical to original or ideas already done, sort to speak...
    Last edited by hirobo2; 11-24-14 at 09:20 PM.

Thank you Hirobo2 for posting the song. I love it a lot. Andy and Idy are the best YG and SLN ever. It's classic and irreplaceable.

Hi guys,

Heard that some scenes were cut from the recent DVD releases due to film being damaged. Does any1 know how much has been cut, and how many episodes are fitted on those DVDs.