Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

i actually never watched ni shui han...lol

I just saw that you guys discussed about Wallace s girlfriend ,lol, this reminds me of the waiting-for-marring-Wallace queue with thousands of replies in his forum , it is definitely just for fun . Wallace is the kind of people who doesn't want his private life to be disturbed or gossiped and even doesn't tell what he suffered when he was hidden by his company for 5 years at his career soaring period . The affairs and conflicts with others or companies are usually utilized as a hype to enhance the stars' known rate , however , Wallace just dedicates in his career and doesn't care about such things , which is the most reason that I became his fans : he is not only hot outside , but noble inside .

Most of his fans don't look into his private life , what's more , there just little entertainment news to talk about . Once there was a fan who is at her 60s asking about how would we do on Wallace's wedding day , and I felt really moved that all the answer were like : wish him a happy life ; anyways , i will support him forever , as long as he is happy or it is really good for him !

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i actually never watched ni shui han...lol
    ChineseChik525 , have you ever watch any MV for Ni shui han ? Gu xizhao is really awesome and you can not miss him ! ( sounds like I was an ad , lol)
    Anyways , if you don't get enough time to watch it , just tell me , then , i will recommend you some MVs .

^ i've seen a few, maybe? i never really had the time to watch the series, but when i get time, it's on my list hehe

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cunqian li View Post
    Haha , Mel , you know I won't !
    Here is the post of all pics of The Magic Blade (keep updating)
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1116290828?pn=1
    Though lots of people complain about his haircut , I even don't worry coz when the pics of Guxizhao came out , they weren't as handsome as what appeared on TV . As his fans who have seen him said : Wallace himself looks thousands times hot than he does in videos , and he always looks better in videos that he does in pics . However , I just feel sort of frustrated that the drama doesn't obey Gu Long's original : they apply Wallace with dark powder cosmetics while FU Hongxue should have a pale face , and they adapt the plot into which Fu hongxue , Ye kai ( the sunny funny sencond male lead ) and Gonzi Yu ( the evil antagonist ) are brothers of half bloods .
    Thanks for the link, cunqian! I really like the pictures, most of which I haven't seen before! It looks like Ye Kai gets a lot of screen time. And sadly, it almost looks like everyone else has better hair than Wallace. But like you, I have this feeling Wallace will look a whole lot hotter in live action than in still pictures. I think it has something to do with his incredible screen presence. To shine and capture the audience's attention on screen, an actor not only needs good acting skills and good looks but also a very important ingredient called screen presence, which I think Wallace has an abundance of.

I've only scanned through the English translation of the novel, but I have already heard that the storyline of the series won't be too similar to the novel. It's too bad, because I heard that this particular novel is one of Gu Long's best works. I notice that Fu Hong Xue is described as pale faced in the novel... Perhaps the scriptwriters thought Wallace would be more attractive and more masculine, so to speak, if he had a bit of a healthy tan. Personally, I'm glad they made this particular change in the series, since I am not too fond of pale, feminine-looking men. I don't want him to look like a piece of charcoal (like Louis Koo ) either, but I want him to look like he's healthily tanned.

I heard that Ye Kai doesn't even make an appearance in the novel but does get mentioned a few times, since Tian Ya Ming Yue Dao is Fu Hong Xue's story. However, from the link you gave me, it looks like he'll be appearing quite often. I don't like it that he's suddenly Fu Hong Xue's half brother, though. And who's Gongzi Yu? Who's the actor who plays him and is he in those pictures in the link you gave me? So suddenly, Fu Hong Xue has two half brothers?! Weird...

It also looks like Fu Hong Xue will be having two love interests in the drama, judging from the pictures shown in the link you gave me - Ming Yue Xin and Zhou Ting. I know in the novel, he chose Zhou Ting, but which one will he love in the drama?

So is Ye Kai going to fall in love with the third girl in the drama (don't know her name)?

And your novel , I can say nothing but awesome ! You really have a talent of writing !! I am deeply attracted by the atmosphere you create and the plot you weave . Even you use English to write , I can feel a strong Chinese air and an ancient martial world . It is so natural and genuine . I always thought it would be weird if chinese martial novel were translated in to English because it will lose its unique artistic conception . You surprised me ! BTY , could I ask that when did you start the novel ? I even don't think it was written by a teenager !
    Thank you. I think you're too complimentary, but thanks. Which chapter are you on right now? I would love to discuss the story with you, if you have any comments or questions about the story or the characters. I would especially love to know what you think of my Wallace chapters. Oh, I'm not teenager! Although, I am sure there are teenagers out there who can write very well.

I've always loved martial arts novels, but unfortunately, I don't know how to read Chinese so I have never had the pleasure to read wuxia novels in Chinese. I am just very glad there are kind people out there who are generous enough with their time to translate the novels into English.

ChineseChik525 , have you ever watch any MV for Ni shui han ? Gu xizhao is really awesome and you can not miss him ! ( sounds like I was an ad , lol)
    Anyways , if you don't get enough time to watch it , just tell me , then , i will recommend you some MVs .
    Good luck trying to get ChineseChik525 to watch Wallace Chung series or MV's. She's in love with Peter Ho, Wallace Huo, and a bunch of other guys, but not really Wallace Chung. I've accepted that a long time ago, so I've stopped trying to turn her into a Wallace Chung fan.

Although, ChineseChik525, if you really do have nothing to do one day, you should give Ni Shui Han a try. Even if you are not a Wallace Chung fan, most people find the series itself very good and exciting. And a majority of viewers became Wallace Chung fans after watching it, simply because he did such a good job in there and looked very sexy.

I just saw that you guys discussed about Wallace ‘s girlfriend ,lol, this reminds me of the waiting-for-marring-Wallace queue with thousands of replies in his forum , it is definitely just for fun . Wallace is the kind of people who doesn't want his private life to be disturbed or gossiped and even doesn't tell what he suffered when he was hidden by his company for 5 years at his career soaring period . The affairs and conflicts with others or companies are usually utilized as a hype to enhance the stars' known rate , however , Wallace just dedicates in his career and doesn't care about such things , which is the most reason that I became his fans : he is not only hot outside , but noble inside .

Most of his fans don't look into his private life , what's more , there just little entertainment news to talk about . Once there was a fan who is at her 60s asking about how would we do on Wallace's wedding day , and I felt really moved that all the answer were like : wish him a happy life ; anyways , i will support him forever , as long as he is happy or it is really good for him !
    I think some fans love an actor so much that they want to know about everything about their idol. It's human nature to be curious, especially about romantic news. However, whatever Wallace does in his private life is his business. It certainly will not affect my love for him. I actually like it that he has remained so low profile and out of the gossip mills. I don't particularly like actors with a ton of bad rumors surrounding them, whether or not those rumors are true. I also like it that Wallace does not speak ill of others, including TVB, which has obviously put him through a lot of hardships. It shows that he has a lot of maturity and class.

Whoa! He has a fan in her 60s?! That's awesome! I guess he fascinates young and old fans alike, huh? Good for Wallace!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Good luck trying to get ChineseChik525 to watch Wallace Chung series or MV's. She's in love with Peter Ho, Wallace Huo, and a bunch of other guys, but not really Wallace Chung. I've accepted that a long time ago, so I've stopped trying to turn her into a Wallace Chung fan.

Although, ChineseChik525, if you really do have nothing to do one day, you should give Ni Shui Han a try. Even if you are not a Wallace Chung fan, most people find the series itself very good and exciting. And a majority of viewers became Wallace Chung fans after watching it, simply because he did such a good job in there and looked very sexy.
    lol hey! its not that i dont like wallace (i actually prefer wallace chung to wallace huo in terms of looks), i just dont follow him as crazily as you do mel, lol. gosh. and wallace huo just happens to film more of "my type" of series
    but haha, ok. if i do have time, i'll give ni shui han a try! but wallace isnt male lead is he? i think thats why i didnt wanna watch in the first place..who's male/female lead?

Hey , Mel , I just finish the chapter 2 and so far so good for me to understand . I just love your writing style and I have picked up lots of new words . lol , Thanks for that !
    Do you remember the 3 clips of Wallace's show you translated ? I just find a MV combining the clip #2 with some pics of the Magic Blade . Wallace was required to broadcast some odd news while changing his facial expression and host style according to the tips board . Below are the subtitle and what Wallace's said in this show .

Today 's host is really hot !
    Wallace: Hello , every one ! I am today's host Wallace Chung . This is a UFO appearing in Seoul . ( the above red circle is the UFO and the circle below is the curious onlookers)
    Be ferocious
    Wallace: According to the Witness Mr. Jim , he saw the UFO as soon as he came out .( Here Wallace had a slip of tongue saying that " bu xing fei xing wu " which means unable flying object )
    Be sexy
    Wallace: It gives out white light .
    Be insidious
    Wallace: It gleam as intense as five moons' light, and lots of farmer have seen the same stuff. The third news , there was a spider man observed in the field .
    Be acting like a old man
    Wallace: Looking like a blablabla ( I can't hear that , D: , and meanwhile , the host said that he sounds like Crayon Shin-chan )
    Wallace: The teenager in the village was so surprised by
    imitate child :
    Wallace: Yoo! The spider really have a human face !!!
    Wallace: The 4th news , one man in Romania has a special criterion , who like to marry women who have beard .
    Be like Crayon Shin-chan ( a Japanese comic character who has a hilarious voice )
    Wallace: But others think this kind of women would be super troublesome
    Host: sounds like a foreign Crayon Shin-chan
    Wallace: and can do nothing !

I just can't imagine how coincidentally Wallace's lines so match the pics of this drama , lol .

Smile

lol hey! its not that i dont like wallace (i actually prefer wallace chung to wallace huo in terms of looks), i just dont follow him as crazily as you do mel, lol. gosh. and wallace huo just happens to film more of "my type" of series
    but haha, ok. if i do have time, i'll give ni shui han a try! but wallace isnt male lead is he? i think thats why i didnt wanna watch in the first place..who's male/female lead?
    Wallace Huo mostly plays heroic, goody two-shoes characters, which used to be my cup of tea. Now, I'm much more fascinated with the grey characters who straddle the fine line between good and evil. Wallace Chung simply excels in those kind of roles (as does Yuan Hong). I find such grey characters very intriguing, unpredictable, and somehow more human, complete with flaws and all. I thought you liked these grey characters, too, since I remember there was a time when we both drooled over Yuan Hong's Yelu Xi.

Wallace Chung isn't technically the male lead in Ni Shui Han, but he gets just as much screen time as Julian Cheung, who plays the hero. His villain character is much more difficult to portray than Julian's simplistic and one-dimensional hero. Also, Wallace's parts are much more exciting and his romance with Song Jia in the series is much more memorable and bittersweet than Julian's extremely boring romance with Li Xiaoran. I don't say this because I think Wallace is handsome and Song Jia is incredibly beautiful. I say this because Wallace's Gu Xi Zhao is a very complex character, very evil, but very human and very real. He is not simply a psychotic dude out to kill people randomly. He is intelligent, cunning, and quite a military tactical genius. His downfall is his impoverished background and his love for a woman who is way too beautiful and too far above him in social status. A very proud man, he wants to prove to the world and to his love's family that he indeed has the talent and martial arts skills to become a worthy husband for Fu Wan Qing (Song Jia's character). He is afraid of losing the one woman he loves most and will do anything to keep her. And because of this, he falls deeper and deeper into a vicious cycle of destruction. His story is quite sad, but very touching. He's a villain who we love, despite knowing that he is bad. In my opinion, the character of Gu Xi Zhao is one of the best explored and well-written villains out there. He may be evil, but he embodies all the characteristics that make us human - insecurity, greed, pride, ambition, devoted love, and bittersweet regret. Bravo to Wallace Chung for bringing this character to life in such a compelling fashion.

Hey , Mel , I just finish the chapter 2 and so far so good for me to understand . I just love your writing style and I have picked up lots of new words . lol , Thanks for that !
    Oh, you're on chapter 2? I thought you were on chapter 13? Anyway, Wallace's parts won't come up until chapters 83-84, so you have a long way to go. If there's anything confusing about the story, please let me know and I will be happy to discuss it with you. Thank you for reading my story.

Do you remember the 3 clips of Wallace's show you translated ? I just find a MV combining the clip #2 with some pics of the Magic Blade . Wallace was required to broadcast some odd news while changing his facial expression and host style according to the tips board . Below are the subtitle and what Wallace's said in this show .

Today 's host is really hot !
    Wallace: Hello , every one ! I am today's host Wallace Chung . This is a UFO appearing in Seoul . ( the above red circle is the UFO and the circle below is the curious onlookers)
    Be ferocious
    Wallace: According to the Witness Mr. Jim , he saw the UFO as soon as he came out .( Here Wallace had a slip of tongue saying that " bu xing fei xing wu " which means unable flying object )
    Be sexy
    Wallace: It gives out white light .
    Be insidious
    Wallace: It gleam as intense as five moons' light, and lots of farmer have seen the same stuff. The third news , there was a spider man observed in the field .
    Be acting like a old man
    Wallace: Looking like a blablabla ( I can't hear that , D: , and meanwhile , the host said that he sounds like Crayon Shin-chan )
    Wallace: The teenager in the village was so surprised by
    imitate child :
    Wallace: Yoo! The spider really have a human face !!!
    Wallace: The 4th news , one man in Romania has a special criterion , who like to marry women who have beard .
    Be like Crayon Shin-chan ( a Japanese comic character who has a hilarious voice )
    Wallace: But others think this kind of women would be super troublesome
    Host: sounds like a foreign Crayon Shin-chan
    Wallace: and can do nothing !

I just can't imagine how coincidentally Wallace's lines so match the pics of this drama , lol .
    Do you have the link to the MV, cunqian?

Wallace Huo mostly plays heroic, goody two-shoes characters, which used to be my cup of tea. Now, I'm much more fascinated with the grey characters who straddle the fine line between good and evil. Wallace Chung simply excels in those kind of roles (as does Yuan Hong). I find such grey characters very intriguing, unpredictable, and somehow more human, complete with flaws and all. I thought you liked these grey characters, too, since I remember there was a time when we both drooled over Yuan Hong's Yelu Xi.

Wallace Chung isn't technically the male lead in Ni Shui Han, but he gets just as much screen time as Julian Cheung, who plays the hero. His villain character is much more difficult to portray than Julian's simplistic and one-dimensional hero. Also, Wallace's parts are much more exciting and his romance with Song Jia in the series is much more memorable and bittersweet than Julian's extremely boring romance with Li Xiaoran. I don't say this because I think Wallace is handsome and Song Jia is incredibly beautiful. I say this because Wallace's Gu Xi Zhao is a very complex character, very evil, but very human and very real. He is not simply a psychotic dude out to kill people randomly. He is intelligent, cunning, and quite a military tactical genius. His downfall is his impoverished background and his love for a woman who is way too beautiful and too far above him in social status. A very proud man, he wants to prove to the world and to his love's family that he indeed has the talent and martial arts skills to become a worthy husband for Fu Wan Qing (Song Jia's character). He is afraid of losing the one woman he loves most and will do anything to keep her. And because of this, he falls deeper and deeper into a vicious cycle of destruction. His story is quite sad, but very touching. He's a villain who we love, despite knowing that he is bad. In my opinion, the character of Gu Xi Zhao is one of the best explored and well-written villains out there. He may be evil, but he embodies all the characteristics that make us human - insecurity, greed, pride, ambition, devoted love, and bittersweet regret. Bravo to Wallace Chung for bringing this character to life in such a compelling fashion.

Oh my , you guys love Yuanhong ? Me too ! And have you guys ever seen his Yangkang ? He was incredible as well as Ye Lvxie and also a grey guy .

Oh, you're on chapter 2? I thought you were on chapter 13? Anyway, Wallace's parts won't come up until chapters 83-84, so you have a long way to go. If there's anything confusing about the story, please let me know and I will be happy to discuss it with you. Thank you for reading my story.

At first I randomly read several clips and then found it intriguing , so I started from the first chapter , :P
    However , there just lots of new words for me to look up in a dictionary , so I read it rather slowly D:
    gosh , I forgot ! I really get a poor memory recently . D: Sooo .. here it is :
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1133786557?pn=1
    You could be waiting for some time before the blank area turn into a Video player if the net works slowly .

gosh , I forgot ! I really get a poor memory recently . D: Sooo .. here it is :
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1133786557?pn=1
    You could be waiting for some time before the blank area turn into a Video player if the net works slowly .
    Part of my reply are in the quote area ... but finally I get it how to quote things like you do !

And have you guys seen this show ?
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/6GlMJTFt4Gk/
    Wallace is so young then and a bit shy .

Oh my , you guys love Yuanhong ? Me too ! And have you guys ever seen his Yangkang ? He was incredible as well as Ye Lvxie and also a grey guy.
    Yup, ChineseChik525 and I used to drool obsessively about Yuan Hong. I don't know about ChineseChik, but I started loving him after watching Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008. I loved his Yang Kang! He was so hot! Then, after I saw Young Warriors of the Yang Clan, I fell in love even more with his Yelu Xie. I simply love actors who exude sex appeal playing bad boys. That is one of the reasons why I am still a fanatical Wallace Chung fan. He almost always plays grey characters (most of them sexy and hot and tote guns ).

At first I randomly read several clips and then found it intriguing , so I started from the first chapter
    However , there just lots of new words for me to look up in a dictionary , so I read it rather slowly
    Oh, I see... Thanks for going through so much trouble (looking up words in the dictionary) just to read my story.

I can understand how hard it must be trying to read a story in a language you aren't fluent in. When you post those tieba links about Wallace, I always have a hard time reading the Chinese posts. (Good thing there are lots of pictures in the tieba links for me to enjoy.) My secret is that I copy and paste the Chinese comments into Google Translate and then click the "listen" button so that I can read the English translation and hear the words spoken in Mandarin out loud. Most of the time, the English literal translation makes no sense, so hearing the words spoken out loud in Mandarin helps a lot.

My story is a bit complicated, because it has a lot of characters. Even some of my readers who read and write English very well sometimes have problems understanding the storyline, because it gets complicated and confusing as the plot thickens. If you have any questions at all, please ask me! It will be a lot of fun for me to discuss my story with you. Happy reading!

Part of my reply are in the quote area ... but finally I get it how to quote things like you do !
    Haha, yay! You're getting better at posting at this forum! It took me a long time to figure out how to quote things, too. If you want to quote something, just do this:

[ quote ] cut and paste the sentence you want to quote here [ /quote ]

Just put don't spaces between the brackets [ ] and the word "quote" or the word "/quote" like I did in the above example.
    This way, you can separate another member's quote and reply specifically to certain sentences rather than having one huge quote.

May I ask where you're from, cunqian? I'm just curious. You probably can already guess that I'm from the United States. I live in California.

And have you guys seen this show ?
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/6GlMJTFt4Gk/
    Wallace is so young then and a bit shy .
    Thanks for posting this show link! I think Wallace was very cute when he was young. His face was a bit chubby back then. Now that he is more mature, his face has no baby fat and looks leaner and more handsome with more defined cheekbones.

I thought it was extremely cute at one particular part of the interview when the hostess asked him if he would announce to the public if he were dating, and he replied that it would be up to his future girlfriend. If she felt uncomfortable going public, then he would keep the relationship quiet. If she wanted to announce to the world their relationship, then he would do it. The interviewer also asked if he would listen to his girlfriend, and he said he would if he loved her. He sounds like a guy who would respect his future girlfriend/wife. I love guys who take into consideration their girlfriend/wife's opinions.

[ quote ]May I ask where you're from, cunqian? I'm just curious. You probably can already guess that I'm from the United States. I live in California.[ /quote ]
    I am Chinese but now live in Denver .

Cunqian, don't put a space between the [ and the word quote. I just used a space so my words wouldn't appear in a quote by accident. In other words, do this [quote] Don't do this [ quote ]

Anyway, so you're from Denver, Colorado! I've never been there before, but I hear the ski resorts there are great. Of course, I don't know how to ski. The last time I tried, I got bonked on the head by the ski lift chair. I didn't know to quickly hop off the ski chair, so I fell to the ground and then got bonked on the head as the chair continued moving. That really hurt, but I think my brain is still intact.

[QUOTE=Melanie;988064]Cunqian, don't put a space between the [ and the word quote. I just used a space so my words wouldn't appear in a quote by accident. In other words, do this
    Don't do this [ quote ]

Anyway, so you're from Denver, Colorado! I've never been there before, but I hear the ski resorts there are great. Of course, I don't know how to ski. The last time I tried, I got bonked on the head by the ski lift chair. I didn't know to quickly hop off the ski chair, so I fell to the ground and then got bonked on the head as the chair continued moving. That really hurt, but I think my brain is still intact.
    lol , once I went to ski , i almost broke my leg by a unadept dashing woman ... It was so dangerous that I won't do that again . D:
    By the way , do you know that 菩提树下 is airing now ?
    Here is the link , but i am not sure if we can watch that out of China :
    http://www.topway.cn/livetv/livetv.j...9a168acd7e8df2
    or this one
    http://www.s1979.com/news/society/20...11243512.shtml

wow, that is quite a glowing review of wallace's portrayal mel! haha.
    but you were right, i do enjoy "grey" characters sometimes, but only if they're written well. like YLX was, ad apparently also this guy in ni shui han

lol , once I went to ski , i almost broke my leg by a unadept dashing woman ... It was so dangerous that I won't do that again .
    I think if I go skiing again this time, I'm going to pay for lessons on the bunny slope with all the little kids. Hehe.

By the way , do you know that 菩提树下 is airing now ?
    Here is the link , but i am not sure if we can watch that out of China :
    http://www.topway.cn/livetv/livetv.j...9a168acd7e8df2
    or this one
    http://www.s1979.com/news/society/20...11243512.shtml
    Thanks for the links, cunqian. Did you know how excited I was when I clicked on the links and was able to watch the shows? But then, when it came time for 菩提树下, the connection speed was so slow that the video kept freezing and stopping. I think too many people were trying to tune in to that drama. It must be really good to be that popular. I don't think I'll be able to watch it online. Were you able to watch it, cunqian? Is it good? I may just go and buy the dvd. I wonder when it will be released to dvd?

wow, that is quite a glowing review of wallace's portrayal mel! haha.
    but you were right, i do enjoy "grey" characters sometimes, but only if they're written well. like YLX was, ad apparently also this guy in ni shui han
    Haha, I bet you think I'm exaggerating because I love Wallace Chung so much. Actually, I don't think I'm exaggerating. I didn't even know who Wallace Chung was until I saw Ni Shui Han and fell in love with his character, Gu Xi Zhao. After that, I became a fan.

I really do tell it like it is and try to be impartial when reviewing characters. If you read the Too Late To Say I Love You thread, you'll know that I was very harsh and unforgiving with Wallace's character Murong Feng in that drama. Many viewers loved that character, but I hated him. And even though my favorite guy played that character, I nonetheless made it very clear how much I hated Murong Feng. So I don't think I'm being biased in Wallace's favor at all when I say that Gu Xi Zhao is one of a few handful of best developed villains. Remember how much we loved Yelu Xie after watching Young Warriors of the Yang Clan, even though he was evil? Well, Wallace's character in Ni Shui Han is going to make you feel exactly like Yelu Xie did. If you ever watch Ni Shui Han, let me know if you agree with my assessment of Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace's villain character).

Smile

Eeee! Some kind person posted a clip of Pu Ti Shu Xia 菩提树下 on tudou! I love Wallace! I love Wallace!

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/SndeVukVaiU/

Wallace during the filming of Huo Xian Zhui Xiong 火线追凶. He seems really happy all the time; he's so cute.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/SdvoxmBpA-g/

Here's Wallace going to some red carpet awards event.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Y62IRHWY5UM/

Wallace at some show promoting his album at the very beginning of the show. Then, it seems like the rest of the show is about fortune-telling by looking at a person's face, palms, etc. I'm not too sure, since my Mandarin isn't that good. Wallace is so cute at the portion of the show when they are talking about facial lines; he keeps making funny faces. My god, the hair! He has a lot of hair!
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/qMif07jCo5Q/