Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

I watched half an episode already of Pu Ti Shu Xia! Lv Yi looks really cute. She looks much better in the series than in the trailer. And Wallace is so handsome, even with commoner's clothes. Hawick Lau looks handsome, too! Lots of male eye candy!

I haven't seen Pu ti shu xia yet , coz I am afraid to see how poor little Hope( 厚朴= hou pu = hope) is tortured by the evil guys . D: That is also why I haven't finished The Shanghai Lord . Just few MVs would make me rather upset . I am waiting for the turning point of Hope s happy life . :P
    BTY , it is said that both of Fu hongxue 's beloved girls are dead for him in the end , another tragic character . TUT

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cunqian li View Post
    I haven't seen Pu ti shu xia yet , coz I am afraid to see how poor little Hope( 厚朴= hou pu = hope) is tortured by the evil guys . That is also why I haven't finished The Shanghai Lord . Just few MVs would make me rather upset . I am waiting for the turning point of Hope s happy life .
    Oh, so that's what "hou pu" means! I saw the first 8 episodes of Pu Ti Shu Xia! It's pretty sad for poor Hou Pu. But he's so adorable and handsome. I like Wallace's haircut. You mean, it actually gets happier for the guy later on? This torture is not going to continue? Is Lv Yi's character going to die and is Wallace's Hou Pu going to marry that lady in the black dress (not Yang Rui, but the other lady)? She looks pretty mature to be playing Wallace's or Hawick Lau's love interest, but she looks really familiar, like I've seen her somewhere.

I haven't seen King of Shanghai. Is it just me or does the leading female in King of Shanghai look mature enough to be Wallace's aunt or mother?

BTY , it is said that both of Fu hongxue 's beloved girls are dead for him in the end , another tragic character . TUT
    So Fu Hong Xue loves two girls in the drama? Which ones?

I think Wallace's characters almost always end up alone in the end. I actually like sad endings; they are more bittersweet and memorable if done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I think Wallace's characters almost always end up alone in the end. I actually like sad endings; they are more bittersweet and memorable if done correctly.
    Wallace does that well: bittersweet and memorable.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by cunqian li;
    what? Zhang Meng will die? I guess that makes sense since she is his enemy. He has a second lover? Crazy hairdo lady?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Wallace does that well: bittersweet and memorable.
    I agree. I think Wallace plays that role just right without getting too weepy, unlike some of the Taiwanese or Korean actors, who cry nonstop and even weep more than the actresses.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    what? Zhang Meng will die? I guess that makes sense since she is his enemy. He has a second lover? Crazy hairdo lady?
    He'll probably kill Zhang Meng's character himself, a fitting bittersweet ending for Fu Hong Xue, who's destined to walk his path alone.

Yes, I bet the second love interest is the beehive hairdo lady. I wonder which woman he loves, or does he love both? I don't like characters who can't decide whom they love and go back and forth between two women.

I'm up to episode 11 of Pu Ti Shu Xia right now, and I have to admit the series is full of angst. At this point, I like both male characters in the story (Wallace and Hawick). Both are so sweet to the female lead. I'm still hoping that Wallace's character will turn evil and bad! I like the men bad!

Surprisingly, I don't really like Lv Yi's character. She's so long-suffering and annoyingly good! Usually, I'm not too fond of such characters because they are too unrealistic, too idealistic, and too frustrating to watch. I feel like I just want to slap her silly and tell her to stand up for herself and stop getting pushed around.

Yang Rui's character is predictably spoiled and malicious. I always feel sorry for actresses stuck in these types of undesirable roles, since the audience is bound to hate them. But Yang Rui plays her role well.

The drama has 40 episodes and I'm only on episode 11 and so much angst has already happened. I can't imagine how much worse it's going to get.

Smile

I'm up to episode 20 of Pu Ti Shu Xia. I have to say that up to this point, between Wallace Chung and Hawick Lau, Hawick has the better role and is the more likable male lead. They are both sweet and very handsome, but somehow Hawick has the majority of his scenes with Lv Yi, whereas Wallace gets lots of screen time with the third female lead (the older lady). While Hawick and Lv Yi are adorable together, Wallace looks like he's hanging out with his aunt when he's with the third female lead. If I didn't know better, I would say Hawick's the first male lead and Wallace is the second male lead. The storyline is getting pretty interesting now with much less angst. Regardless, this drama has two very hot, handsome male leads and is definitely worth watching.

Here are some funny Wallace moments. It's pretty hilarious.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/nfDk0hEaUzs/

I think this is really funny, too, when Wallace said (at 1:33 minute) that the "wake-up call" while he was on the set filming in Mainland China was in the form of a woman barging into his room and flipping off his blankets each morning . Wow, I'd like to be that woman.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/gALpEEVAXxk/

Here's a 40 minute trailer for Wallace's drama, No Choice. There are some spoilers toward the end, but the trailer is very exciting, much much more thrilling than Pu Ti Shu Xia! I'm really looking forward to this drama!

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/WvnDaEH4luc/

Here's a short clip of Wallace filming Tian Ya Ming Yue Dao. His hair actually looks ok in live action.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/bTsdeUp5ui8/

Has anyone seen this clip of Wallace and Julian Cheung at some event? I think Wallace almost blushed when that woman singled him out of a crowd of 4 men. She has good taste in men.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/COuRvCCB4sQ/

Will someone who reads Chinese translate for me what the comics about Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace) and Wan Qing (Song Jia) are saying? The drawings are so cute! Thank you!

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/967374846

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Will someone who reads Chinese translate for me what the comics about Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace) and Wan Qing (Song Jia) are saying? The drawings are so cute! Thank you!

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/967374846
    lol, Mel, you finally find out Guxizhao's forum!
    Wan Qing: Husband! Look at this festival lantern! It is so beautiful! I really like it!
    Xi Zhao:How much is it?
    shopkeeper:your wife really has a good taste, this is the best lantern in my store, it is 20yuan.
    (the whole asset Gu owns is 5yuan)
    wan qing:xi zhao, just forget it! I don't want to buy it actually!
    xi zhao:wan qing(really frustrated)

Xi zhao:hey, do you want to see my unclothing? (This is inspired by a movie called the infinite directed by Kaige Chen, which portrays a clip that a beautiful woman lure the army to rebel by saying that "do you want to see my unclothing?" and the picture under xi zhao's word is about her)
    shopkeeper&passerbyf course!!!!!
    Xi zhao:you should exchange with that lantern.
    shopkeepereal closed!
    xi zhao:here you are, wan qing.
    shopkeeper:wait.
    shopkeeper:we want to have a look at your unclothing all your clothes!!(in behalf of the heart voice of the people)
    Xi zhao:..........
    Xi zhao:I can surely consider about this, but you should show your sincerity!
    Xi zhao:how about exchanging with all your lanterns!
    Shopkeeper thought:It is just a blue moon! I will never afford to lose it!
    Shopkeeper:Okay, knock off!
    Xi zhao: Sure, I will make the contract.
    Xi zhao:Wan qing! Happy Yuanxiao festival!
    Shopkeeper:wait, do you think I will just let you go like this?
    Xi zhao:Are you kidding? I've already given you my clothes!
    This is the contract:
    I will exchange my clothes with all the lanterns.
    Shopkeeperamn it! you are playing trick on me!
    After that, shopkeeper:I can only sell the clothes to earn some money......
    Wan qing:I will buy it.

Because Xi zhao caught a cold and chill all the day!

Wan Qing: Husband! Look at this festival lantern! It is so beautiful! I really like it!
    shopkeeper:your wife really has a good taste, this is the best lantern in my store, it is 20yuan.

Xi zhao:hey, do you want to see my unclothing? (This is inspired by a movie called the infinite directed by Kaige Chen, which portrays a clip that a beautiful woman lure the army to rebel by saying that "do you want to see my unclothing?" and the picture under xi zhao's word is about her)
    shopkeepereal closed!
    shopkeeper:we want to have a look at your unclothing all your clothes!!(in behalf of the heart voice of the people)
    This is the contract:
    Shopkeeperamn it! you are playing trick on me!

I didn't mean to write down those emotions, lol. They are actually : of course ! Deal closed ! Damn it !

it is said that Ming Yue Xin, the crazy hair-do woman, is Fu's first love, however, she betrayed him and serves Fu's enemy, meanwhile, Fu is moved by Zhou Ting's restless accompany and support and find himself falling into her. But as far as I concerned, Fu would probably straddle the two girls and don't know how to choose since directors nowadays are prone to the corny plot which have complex and tangled relationship among the characters. In the original book, the agony love between a cripple with epilepsia and a prostitute is really obsessive and attracting. Anyways, I should stop complaining but thanks the director for not turning Wallace into a cripple.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/6ii1miNcgmM/
    Hey, guys,
    I just find a new MV about Wallace and Liu Shi Shi, it is really awesome!
    Here is spoiler:
    Gu xizhao and Yin shuangshuang are lovers, but Yin shuangshuang is forced to marry with his brother Yun ting。 Gu xizhao leave his hometown sadly. Two years later, he hear that Yin shuangshuang have died for a serious illness, and this remind him of the time they were together nostalgically. And he said to himself: sometimes the more you want to forget, the more you will remember, since we can not be together ever, I will remember forever.

Smile

shopkeeper: Deal closed!
    This is the contract:
    Shopkeeper: Damn it! you are playing trick on me!

Thanks for the translation, cunqian! I don't understanding the ending, though. So the contract says that Gu Xi Zhao will exchange his clothes for all the lanterns, but he's still wearing his clothes. I do think it's really cute that he caught a cold because he was trying to make Wan Qing happy. He's sweet. Maybe Wan Qing can give him a hug and keep him warm?

Yup, I found Gu Xi Zhao's forum! I mostly look at pictures, because I don't know how to read Chinese. Sometimes, I cut and paste some messages onto Google Translate to see what other fans are saying. I'm quite surprised that Wan Qing has a lot of support. I thought people only like Gu Xi Zhao, but Wan Qing actually has a lot of fans, too.

it is said that Ming Yue Xin, the crazy hair-do woman, is Fu's first love, however, she betrayed him and serves Fu's enemy, meanwhile, Fu is moved by Zhou Ting's restless accompany and support and find himself falling into her. But as far as I concerned, Fu would probably straddle the two girls and don't know how to choose since directors nowadays are prone to the corny plot which have complex and tangled relationship among the characters. In the original book, the agony love between a cripple with epilepsia and a prostitute is really obsessive and attracting. Anyways, I should stop complaining but thanks the director for not turning Wallace into a cripple.
    Thanks for the information, cunqian. I'm getting tired of love triangles. I wish, for once, there will just be a couple in love with each other and that's it. I would rather the drama concentrate on the martial arts and mystery behind Fu Hong Xue's identity.

In the novel, did Ming Yue Xin die? Was that why Fu Hong Xue ended up with Zhou Ting?

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/6ii1miNcgmM/
    Hey, guys,
    I just find a new MV about Wallace and Liu Shi Shi, it is really awesome!
    Here is spoiler:
    Gu xizhao and Yin shuangshuang are lovers, but Yin shuangshuang is forced to marry with his brother Yun ting。 Gu xizhao leave his hometown sadly. Two years later, he hear that Yin shuangshuang have died for a serious illness, and this remind him of the time they were together nostalgically. And he said to himself: sometimes the more you want to forget, the more you will remember, since we can not be together ever, I will remember forever.
    Again, thanks for the MV! I saw another MV with the same song, only the MV was about Gu Xi Zhao, Fu Wan Qing, and Tie Shou. I can't find that MV anymore. It's somewhere, but I can't find it. I like the MV with Gu Xi Zhao and Wan Qing more, because the ending in that MV, with Gu carrying Wan Qing's dead body, seems so much more heart-wrenching and sad.

Hey, I found a really nice MV with Wallace Chung, Wallace Huo, Yan Kan, and Qiao Zhen Yu. I like the MV creator's taste in men!

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ZOS5Yb-ZO7I/

Smile

Some spoilers below for Pu Ti Shu Xia

I'm on episode 53 of Pu Ti Shu Xia. The drama is ok, but Wallace Chung has less scenes than I expected compared to Hawick Lau.

Of the three female leads, I prefer Yang Rui's Long Lian Sheng. She is the character who has grown and matured the most throughout the drama. She started out as a spoiled, mean, selfish brat, but blossomed beautifully into a mature, caring woman who valued her loved ones and understood the importance of letting go and forgiving others.

Lv Yi's Zhou Jin Xin is a disappointment. Her character has not grown at all throughout the entire series. She was still the sad, doe-eyed character at the end, just like she was at the beginning. She was unnecessarily self-sacrificing. I wished for once she would stand up for herself and for her own happiness. She should have told Hou Pu about the baby. Even if he was too upset to listen, she should have shouted out the news to him and made him listen. He would have been deliriously happy to find out and would have dumped Pu Er in a second for Jin Xin. Instead, wish washy Jin Xin kept the baby's existence a secret from Hou Pu, which then ultimately brought pain and suffering to herself, Hou Pu, and Pu Er. Nobody was happy in the end.

I browsed through the tieba forums and was quite surprised at how much viewers there loved Zhang Yi Mou's Nong Pu Er. On the contrary, I hated Pu Er. She was a constant annoyance to me. While I didn't particularly like Jin Xin, I still thought she belonged with Wallace's Hou Pu, because ultimately Hou Pu only loved Jin Xin and Jin Xin was the only person who could make him happy. (You can tell I'm a Hou Pu supporter. ) Pu Er, while intelligent in other matters, was one of the dumbest characters when it came to love. She spread the news to Hou Pu about Jin Xin's supposed "baby" with Long Wu Sheng (Hawick Lau's character), which caused all sorts of misunderstandings between Hou Pu and Jin Xin. Naturally, Pu Er benefited from those misunderstandings, because Hou Pu ended up marrying her since Jin Xin was no longer "available." I can't stand such women as Pu Er, who I view as a disgrace to all women. She stands in between two people obviously in love, and while Jin Xin may not completely deserve Hou Pu's love with her wavering trust in him, she still does love Hou Pu. Besides, like I mentioned before, no matter how underserving Jin Xin is of Hou Pu's love, she is really the one he wants, not Pu Er. And Pu Er knows this very clearly. She goes into her marriage with Hou Pu knowing that her husband loves another woman and will always love another woman. So she really has no excuse to whine and cry about that fact when she catches Hou Pu lovingly caressing the woven bracelet Jin Xin gave him. I feel as if Pu Er should have known better, should have respected herself more, and should have found a man who loves her rather than settling for a man who sees her as a consolation prize. Anyway, I couldn't stand her. I was glad she died, so I could enjoy the drama more without having to watch her with Hou Pu. Her presence kind of ruined the Hou Pu scenes, since she kept appearing in scenes with him.