Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overrated PXJF and KHBD vs. Some Real Men Arts

Banned

Default Overrated PXJF and KHBD vs. Some Real Men Arts

Ok, I just watched Cold Blood Proud Hot, the China version of XAJH....man they made PXJF and KHBD seem invincible and crazy strong. I know it is very strong but no way LPZ got that good that fast. He was doing crazy stuff that LHC couldn't even do.

With that said, if LPZ was not blinded could he beat LHC?

How strong exactly is KHBD compared to the 9 Yin, 9 Yang, Yi Jin Jing, and Bei Ming Shen Gong?

Because if KHBD is as strong as they made DFBB to be in XAJH...

then may be, just may be, DFBB would be on par with Guo Jing, Xiao Feng, Yang Guo and Zhang Wu Ji....meaning only the Xiao Yao elders, SPT, Duan Yu, Xu Zhu + Sweeper are stronger.

KHBD was the most powerful martial art in the last 300 years at the time of XAJH no?

And PXJF after Lin Ping Zhi's adopted grandfater? (the monk who practiced it) was supposedly the undefeatable martial art expert for 100's of years prior to XAJH no?

So if the ming dynasty started in 1300-1600, XAJH would take place around 1400-1500 may be closer to 1600...thus meaning if KHBD was the most powerful martial art for the last 300 years (go as back as 1200 Yuan Dynasty), it would be more powerful than ZWJ's 9 Yang which was right before the start of Ming dynasty...and may be even more powerful than 9 Yin??.....only the Dynasty before Yuan (based on time period)...Song Dynasty with XF and the TLBB greats would have stronger martial arts.. 9 yin might be more powerful depending on the time frame which i am not sure of. Someone care to explain?

In the novel, LHC (without YJJ) was better than YBQ (with PXJF). Since YBQ practiced PXJF longer than LPZ and had much better martial arts base, LHC would give that sissy a royal asskicking. That said, if LPZ practiced much longer, say like DFBB, his speed would be just too much for LHC to overcome. In adaptions, anything goes...

It's difficult to compare martial arts, even more so than XF vs GJ vs YG vs ZWJ debates. They give different benefits - how do you compare 9Yang with QKDNY? and depends on the user - say XF's founder fist vs emperor's founder fist. So it's pointless to say KFBD is better/worse than 9Yin. For the sole fact that you need to lose ur manhood for it, I d say its much much worse.

Many regard DFBB as equals to greats, or even higher.

I dont remember reading about 300 year stuff. Care to quote chapter?

Yuan lasted from 1279 (I think)-1368, when the Ming was founded. 1200 would still be Southern Song, probably around the time Guo Shaotian and YangTiexin met Qiu Chuji, maybe earlier.

Given the poor reputation of the government during the XAJH era (as seen by that officer LHC impersonated and the reaction by the other sects when Liu Zhengfeng supposedly wanted to retire to serve in the government) I'd place XAJH towards the mid 16th century. Ming's decline started with Zhengde in 1487 and hit the worst point with the later part of Wanli (1573-1620). The Dynasty ended in 1644, but prior to that we have Yuan Chengzi and his Huashan sect, and his master was around when he was still a child. Yuan Chonghuan, YCZ's father, was executed in the 1630s, and as there is no record of Huashan in XAJH having anyone like YCZ's sifu (the monkey elder or something), we'll probably have to skip a generation or so, moving back about 30 years to 1600 at the latest. This will fall into the later Wanli reign, during which the government had virtually no credibility.

If that 300 year history is accurate, then that would place KHBD in 1300, early Yuan, and if the Yuan court had somebody like that we would most likely have heard of it in HSDS.

In fact in the latter editions, the author of QHBD was said to be a Yuan dynasty eunuch. I don't think he was the show-off type, but rather, like DFBB at his peak, he preferred a more relaxed and secluded lifestyle.

QHBD's sword arts is pretty average-crap. The same QHBD without the inner power to back it up was worse than Qing Cheng's basic sword arts. It is the inner power part that makes it so powerful. I wonder if it could be used with other techniques as well.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    QHBD's sword arts is pretty average-crap. The same QHBD without the inner power to back it up was worse than Qing Cheng's basic sword arts. It is the inner power part that makes it so powerful. I wonder if it could be used with other techniques as well.
    You meant PXJF's sword arts right? I think it was designed to be crap by Lin Yuantu so that everyone would be baffled. He was probably also good enough to execute it in a convincing enough manner that other martial arts masters did not even realise that it was superior speed which was beating them.

I don't see any reason why PXJF's speed can't be used with other techniques since the 72 sword moves were not an integral part of the original KHBD. It should be pretty scary if combined with DG9J. Ultimate cheessiness should be KFBD/PXJF with Ling Bo Wei Bu and 6MSJ + DG9J.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Ultimate cheessiness should be KFBD/PXJF with Ling Bo Wei Bu and 6MSJ + DG9J.
    You forgot adding the L-R technique to perform them simultaneously.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

That would be quite interesting to see. Are the meridians in the body symmetrical? Because if L/R was possible with 6MSG, then imagine using 10 blades simultaneously =O.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    That would be quite interesting to see. Are the meridians in the body symmetrical? Because if L/R was possible with 6MSG, then imagine using 10 blades simultaneously =O.
    They are but this brings to debate another factor when considering L/R technique. Many martial arts require specific direction of energy flows to and from various points when executing specific techniques. I don't think its possible (at least JY never mentioned it IIRC) for energy to flow in BOTH directions at once thru a meridian.

So certain techniques are impossible to combine and execute simultaneously with LRT even if they only normally require 'one arm' to execute.

Actually, DG9J with 2 weapons seem quite ideal for L/R tech since DG9J can be effective even without inner energy.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Actually, DG9J with 2 weapons seem quite ideal for L/R tech since DG9J can be effective even without inner energy.
    I think L/R technique and DG9J requires totally opposite kinds of thinking.

Banned

Then 9 Yin Xian Fa would be even more powerful than Pi Xie... Or Bei Ming Shen Jian lol

It'd be interesting to see an expert practitioner of Qwai Fa Bo Deen or Pik Cheh Sword Technique against a master of Hong Lung 18 Palms. The ultimate effeminate art vs. the ultimate alpha-male art.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    The ultimate effeminate art vs. the ultimate alpha-male art.
    I personally would like to see Lin Ping Zhi using Pixie v.s Yang Guo using Jade Maiden - who do you reckon would look more effeminate?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    I personally would like to see Lin Ping Zhi using Pixie v.s Yang Guo using Jade Maiden - who do you reckon would look more effeminate?
    Lam Ping Tze. Yeung Gor might have lost an arm, but at least he's still got his most vital piece of equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Lam Ping Tze. Yeung Gor might have lost an arm, but at least he's still got his most vital piece of equipment.

Lam Ping Tze is a sore loser. He could have a happy life but threw all of it away for the worthless pixie.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Lam Ping Tze is a sore loser. He could have a happy life but threw all of it away for the worthless pixie.
    its for revenge actually, the bixie (not pixie, lolz) was just a tool

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

We must remember that KFBD in SPW was just a copy and BXJF/PXJF is a copy of a copy, yet even so they were able to give their users near Great Level power. We can only imagine how powerful the original was.

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    its for revenge actually, the bixie (not pixie, lolz) was just a tool
    He should be patient. YBQ will teach him all the great martial art of Huashan after he became his son in law. Eventually, he will be leading Huashan after YBQ passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    We must remember that KFBD in SPW was just a copy and BXJF/PXJF is a copy of a copy, yet even so they were able to give their users near Great Level power. We can only imagine how powerful the original was.
    BXJF/KFBD are martial arts for sore losers. Smart and wise martial artists choose Dugu9Sword, YJJ, TaichiSword, etc.

BXJF/KFBD are martial arts for sore losers. Smart and wise martial artists choose Dugu9Sword, YJJ, TaichiSword, etc.
    Don't think anybody was given a choice? It wasn't like all the skills where laid out and take your pick. They just have to make do with what they came across.

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    Don't think anybody was given a choice? It wasn't like all the skills where laid out and take your pick. They just have to make do with what they came across.
    Sure but if the person is wise, he would not cut off his manhood for martial art. He would stick to the ones that are available to him. YBQ has plenty of Huashan martial arts. LPZ was about to become the son in law of YBQ so he could study martial arts from Huashan. DFBB was powerful prior to KHBD so there is no need for him to learn those arts. He could just killed RWX and RYY. Only sore losers would willing to cut off his own manhood.

Sure but if the person is wise, he would not cut off his manhood for martial art. He would stick to the ones that are available to him. YBQ has plenty of Huashan martial arts. LPZ was about to become the son in law of YBQ so he could study martial arts from Huashan. DFBB was powerful prior to KHBD so there is no need for him to learn those arts. He could just killed RWX and RYY. Only sore losers would willing to cut off his own manhood.
    I think JY wanted to show the extreme a person would go just for power. YBQ wasn't able to beat ZLC and had to resort to Pixie sword. As for LPZ, I think learning Huashan MA was way too long for him and the Pixie sword was the fast path.

Can't comment on DFBB. Was be stronger than RWX pre Sunflower manual? I had a feeling he was still weaker than RWX?