Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Forum Leaders

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    More like ELM: Extremely Lovable Member
    No question then. It's Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Aww, yes yittzie bear, me gonna luv u long time. *smooches* .
    why is there smooching and sucking?

speaking on (or off) topic, i thought since Precious is cheating on Ceddry with Candyman, wouldn't PJ"s favorite member be Candy?

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Okay, I'm taking the daunting task upon myself (unless Ceddrey or someone else really wants to do it).

=> Please see new thread.
    Task? Ok granny, I could be at your assistance. I have difficulty working alone çause I'm a scatterbrain.

Sensei, I'm guessing that favouritó SPCneter its either Laviathan or CC....higher vote for CC.

Yingying, yes, Ced- is -dry . I'm getting used to the fad of getting cheating by Pépé Le Pew (new inspiration of nick for PJ...... Pépé is the flirtatious skunk in Looney Tune)

I had an extremely interesting question to Ken. One that can really make everyone goes -ing away and laugh along...... but

I forgot.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Lav I know, but the other completely escaped me... who is CC?

=> I just saw CC (for the first time) in Open Debate! He must be a prominent member in the wuxia section or something (where I don't go). Forgive my ignorance.
    Last edited by expression; 08-21-08 at 11:55 PM.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

These were awesome to read! Thanks for organizing.

But I agree with the others... we should really do one with SC.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Lav I know, but the other completely escaped me... who is CC?

=> I just saw CC (for the first time) in Open Debate! He must be a prominent member in the wuxia section or something (where I don't go). Forgive my ignorance.
    Yes, CC is a wuxia section heavyweight.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Yes, CC is a wuxia section heavyweight.
    CC ain't heavy; he's our brother.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz3 View Post

But I agree with the others... we should really do one with SC.
    I'm working on this. Please bear with my slowness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    CC ain't heavy; he's our brother.
    Nice ONRIP: Obscure Name Reference In Post (the song, of course) --> which is the brother of ARTS. Coincidentally, ONRIP's originator is CC.

This post is full of greatness!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Han, I do have another question for you.

How is your work schedule like? We all hear about these crazy stories about doctors working 25 hours a day, 8 days a week (we hear the same thing about researchers but I know that's not true). So how do you manage to make time for spcnet modding?
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Han, I do have another question for you.

How is your work schedule like? We all hear about these crazy stories about doctors working 25 hours a day, 8 days a week (we hear the same thing about researchers but I know that's not true). So how do you manage to make time for spcnet modding?
    I'm fortunate that anesthesia training is pretty good with the rostering.

We essentially do shift works between 10 to 14 hours. Even with the night etc - which is of course the safe and correct thing to do. The ammount of hours working is inversely proportional to work ability.

Having said this, there are many specialities in medicine where ppl just work an enormous ammount of hours e.g. the various surgical specialties.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

14 hours is a pretty long shift. Do you feel sleepy on your drive home or something?

Default Interview with Spcnet

Ladies and gentlemen, please allow me to present one of the most anticipated interviews ever in the history of Spcnet...............THE ONE AND ONLY....................Ms. S-P-C-NET!

1. Where do you live (state, country, etc.)?

NY, USA (Shameless pluggin': Join the Social Group "I <3 NY"!)

2. What is your real life occupation?

Mostly project management these days and a little bit of programming.

3. Besides administering the forum, what else do you do in your pasttime?

Trying new (preferrably cheap) and delicious foods at restaurants. I recently took up biking again but now that the weather's getting colder, I might finally join a gym.

4. What is significant about your username and avatar?

spcnet - I had to take the username before someone else did! My avatar is a Final Fantasy VIII mage character. I played too many FF games in the past...

5. Name five characteristics about you.

Laid-back, addictive personality (don't give me drugs), good sense of humor, open-minded, kid at heart

6. What are your favorite books, TV shows, movies and music?

I like scifi books, my favorite author is Orson Scott Card and favorite books from him are "Ender's Game" and "Speaker for the Dead". I don't think a lot of authors can write books that make you really think and question your own values and morals - Card is one of them. "Speaker" made me question morality so much that it gave me a headache - that's when I knew I like the book. Jin Yong is my favorite wuxia author of course, though I never knew he existed when I was a kid. I thought LOCH, ROCH, etc. were all stories dreamed up by TVB. Favorite book by him is Xiao Au Jiang Hu - I dream that one day I can retire from the pugilistic world (the rat race) too.

Favorite movies would have to be almost anything with Stephen Chow and a lot of old martial arts movies. I like many genres of music, anything that strikes a chord in my heart I appreciate but I think my favorite instrumental album has to be "Ashes of Time". Faye Wong is one of my favorite singers. I think the most important charactertistic of vocal music is sincerity and feeling and she has that.

Favorite TV shows are a lot of the 80s TVB wuxia dramas like LOCH 82 -I rewatched this one like a million times.

7. Are you a fan of Wuxia? If so, please share with us your first exposure to Wuxia.

Yes, I have a special soft spot for wuxia and anything martial arts. First exposure is LOCH 82 from TVB and then all the other golden 80's and early 90's series. But the first time I ever picked up a Jin Yong novel was Tian Long Ba Bu at my local public library. At the time, I could comprehend only about 60% of the Chinese but I think I was lucky that the very first novel I picked up to practice reading was by Jin Yong! However, Jin Yong has ruined me because every other wuxia author I've picked up since then just doesn't seem to measure up.

8. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?

I'm spontaneous at times, it sometimes depends on the people, time, and place though. I like to be very flexible when I travel and just let things go with the flow.

9. If you could go back in time to meet any one person who ever lived, who would it be and why?

I'd like to meet myself when I was younger and tell myself some winning lotto numbers. But if I can't do that, I'd settle for meeting someone really intelligent in history like Zhuge Liang and take some lessons in things like manipulating the weather.

10. What inspired you to start SPCNET?

I took a writing class in college and one of the essay assignments was to write a movie review. I found out that I really enjoyed critiquing and analyzing movies on a deeper level and questioning what we see on the screen. I also felt a little sad that I wouldn't be writing as much anymore when the class ended so I wanted some kind of medium to continue writing. A lot of Asian dramas were pretty crappy, and many still are, and I think that unless we, the audience, voiced our opinions, change will never be made. At the time, I didn't see any websites out there that featured reviews like that for Asian dramas and I really just wanted my voice heard. So I started this review site with one review - mine!

11. How are things different now than when the forum first started?

The forums have changed a lot since it started. We used to use this forum software from UBB and then transitioned to VBulletin. It was a big deal at the time because there were just so many new features that were opened up. I used to have to manually update someone's avatar for them!

12. What is the proper pronunciation for SPCNET? Is it SPC-net or SPaCe-net? Also, does this name have any significant meaning?

S-P-C-net is the name I go by now. It was originally going to be spacenet (to be a "space" on the "net" for people to participate) when I signed up for my first Geocities.com account to build my first website but cut short a few vowelsbecause the name was taken. The first website was actually nothing related to TV dramas and was only about my favorite HK manga, Fung Wan. I had decent fan followings on it that when I started the review site, I just reused the name. People just got used to the name and started remembering it so it was kept until now. Maybe one day I'll change it.

13. What qualities do you look for in a moderator?

Being able to make good judgement calls as things come up - I might base this on forum posting quality and how he/she deals with other members. That's why you have to have at least a few hundred posts and been around the forum awhile before getting considered since you have to be a participant in order to be in the know.

14. There are several moderators who haven't participated on the forum in awhile. Do you stay in touch with them?

I don't keep in touch with most of the moderators who are inactive now, save for maybe one. I think when moderators are gone for a while, it's probably because they have to take care of other parts of their life, so I let them go and don't ask questions. When it's time to come back, they will come back. Though if a moderator is gone too long, like a few years, I have to sadly revoke the mod status.

15. Is there any consideration to recruite new/additional mods in the near future, given that the forum is thriving and growing at a rapid pace?

Yes, there are considerations. Any volunteers?

16. The forum has been upgraded recently with various enhanced features that have broadened the looks and functions of SPCNET. Thank you! - What is your vision for SPCNET in the next few years?

Vision for forum is a newly designed look. If anyone knows of any good vbulletin designers, please send me a PM. And more forums on more topics.

Vision for the rest of the site.. oh, many.. I have a lot of ideas for the site but the goal is to become a bigger review database and directory for members to find a lot of information about a drama or movie.

17. Do you have any memorable spcnet member(s)?

Too many. Jennifer, my first moderator, for one. Where are you Jennifer? (I just want to say Thank You!)

Spcnet, thank you very much for taking the time to answer all of the questions. Holy cow, I didn't realize I'd sent you so many questions.

I love SC's answers. Very genuine and sincere. Mucho thanks for creating this site for all of us to aggregate.

I think it would be neat if the members can participate in selecting THE next moderator(s). The process is similar to that of the” Interview with Spcnet Members," where people openly vote for the nominees. Maybe five winners will be selected and get interviewed, and then spcnet and the moderators can vote for the final winner(s).

Spcnet, how many Mods are you looking for?
    Last edited by bellamia; 09-11-08 at 01:19 AM.

WoW! Congrats Bella! You accomplished what nobody did before!!

Thanks SPCNET for the interview. We've all been waiting to know more about you all along.

On the selection of moderators, I think Spcnet's discretion will suffice.

Is there an official rulebook on the dos and donts of being a moderator? I am interested, but I would like to know what I am getting into.

BTW, if there is a selecting the next moderator. That would be cool. The forum can probably come up with 5 candidates and of course spcnet will have the final say.

That's a really nice interview with SC. Thanks for sharing!
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I think it would be neat if the members can participate in selecting THE next moderator(s).
    LOL, are you trying to turn SPCNET into a Reality Forum?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」