Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've created a backup SPCNET Wuxia Facebook Group

Default I've created a backup SPCNET Wuxia Facebook Group

Just in case this main forum goes down, join this Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/679441419485194/

the information in here is just too valuable....
    no way to backup everything?

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    the information in here is just too valuable....
    no way to backup everything?
    That is up to the site owner, SPCNET, but we have not heard from her in a long, long time. Thus, I have created the Facebook group as a backup measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That is up to the site owner, SPCNET, but we have not heard from her in a long, long time. Thus, I have created the Facebook group as a backup measure.
    So who has been paying the rent here all this while if not the site owner? How does it work?
    Last edited by CC; 04-23-20 at 11:38 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    So who has been paying the rent here all this while if no the site owner? How does it work?
    I don't know. For the past few years, however, we have not heard from the site owner, and for that very reason, I've chosen to create the Facebook page as a kind of insurance.

I don't know. For the past few years, however, we have not heard from the site owner, and for that very reason, I've chosen to create the Facebook page as a kind of insurance.

Hmm, I see. Maybe she paid some 5 year advance package or whatever. Which does mean one fine morning, this site will go down and we might never see it again. With.no.warning.

Hmm, I see. Maybe she paid some 5 year advance package or whatever. Which does mean one fine morning, this site will go down and we might never see it again. With.no.warning.
    That's very possible. Anyway, I think what is here belongs to spcnet legally.

Ken - do you remember that a number of years ago, spcnet was down and a number of us went to another site? Is that site still existing?

Just in case if this forum down
    Join this forum
    https://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/

This forum wouldn't go down.
    Ken,How old is spc net?

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    Join this forum

This forum wouldn't go down.
    Ken,How old is spc net?
    I don't know. None of us moderators have had any success communicating with her since 2017, and with Covid-19 ravaging the world, I started the Facebook group as a way to preserve the community in the worst case scenario.

I don't know. None of us moderators have had any success communicating with her since 2017, and with Covid-19 ravaging the world, I started the Facebook group as a way to preserve the community in the worst case scenario.
    BTW, who is this mysterious Spcnet Dai Tou Dai Gor/Jie?

BTW, who is this mysterious Spcnet Dai Tou Dai Gor/Jie?
    I certainly don't know, though I am told that the founder is a woman who lives in the eastern United States.

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    Join this forum
    DAfug. I never even knew that one existed. OK, porting over there now.

Now I feel like LHC after FCY asked him "why dafug cant you chain move X into Y?"
    Last edited by CC; 04-25-20 at 04:31 AM.

Smile

Hi Galavaton in regards to what you posted about your WuXia Society forum page. I've recently posted about it from another topic by A_tumwa which talk about how to say Xiao Ao Jiang Hu characters name from either mandarin to cantonese or from cantonese to mandarin.

Well I will try to summarize that by saying that your WuXia Society forum page is great, however there are too many sections that could eventually mean the same thing.

With that said, I am making my WuXia Mist forum page link at..... wuxiamist dot boards dot net.....
    Write the dot like a period like this..... and there is an s after board.....
    In my forum page, I have try to simplify the section and category as much as possible so that everyone would know which section to post in appropriately.

Although if SPCNET doesn't go on anymore, we might not be able to hold all the interesting discussions that you guys have discussed on this Spcnet forum over the years..... but at least with my WuXia Mist forum or whatever it is that you guys can think of to start a new.....

I think we will be able to make new entertaining interesting discussions about WuXia once again.....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://cms.qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/rtrxv4s-e1510655455221.jpg')

What do you guys think of my suggestion regarding this?

Btw, which wuxia sites is as active as spcnet?

Previously I think there is one started by Temujin and I have not visited this forum for a long time.

I would certainly hope SPCNET never goes down. I've been browsing and lurking the forums ever since I was 13 years old

Still read some reviews here and there when I get into a TVB drama mood every couple of years.

It's been almost 20 years now

other than spcnet, a good source about wuxia information that have been closed before were:
    old Wuxiasociety forum, and Wuxiapedia

Smile

I am wondering if WuXia Society dot com and WuXia Society forum page by Galvatron have any relationship?

The page of WuXia Society dot com seems great for reading the novels but if you go there to have a discussion on their forum..... Well I just wanna say the forum page there looks plain dull and lame.

And the WuXia Society forum page by Galvatron is just having too many sections or category that could eventually just mean the same thing.....

Hi Ken and everyone. I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but for like more than a year or two now, no one new have been able to join this SPCNET forum.

During the hype of the new Yi Tian Tu Long Ji 2019 Drama TV show, many people comments from other forums and pages saying they want to join in the discussion at this SPCNET forum but are unable to do so.

With that said and with this SPCNET person that Ken claim to not been able to talk with since like more than two years ago.....

Perhaps we should look into making a new forum or as I have said if everyone would take a look at my WuXia Mist forum page at..... wuxiamist dot boards dot net..... and tell me what you guys think?

We can't bring over the long over the years conversations and discussions that you guys have written on this SPCNET forum over the years but perhaps we can build a new WuXia discussion loving community?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://cms.qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/rtrxv4s-e1510655455221.jpg')

Surely if Jin Lao Qian Bei were to look into how much our love is for his great WuXia novels and many other great WuXia novelists, he would probably be considering something like this?

Domain name: spcnet.tv
    Registry Domain ID: 86577892_DOMAIN_TV-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
    Updated Date: 2019-12-25T07:25:40.00Z
    Creation Date: 2001-01-24T00:43:46.00Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-01-24T00:43:46.00Z
    IP Location United States Of America - California - San Francisco - Cloudflare Inc.
    Dates 7,078 days old
    Created on 2001-01-23
    Expires on 2021-01-23
    Updated on 2019-12-24
    Name Servers RUTH.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM (has 21,259,259 domains)
    WOZ.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM (has 21,259,259 domains)

-----------

worst case scenario if the owner wont extend the domain, we have a half-year to back up anything important , from novel translation , important information, useful thread, important post, etc
    if you know how to make an e-book file, please do so (many novel translations have not been e-booked yet)

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    Domain name: spcnet.tv
    Registry Domain ID: 86577892_DOMAIN_TV-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
    Updated Date: 2019-12-25T07:25:40.00Z
    Creation Date: 2001-01-24T00:43:46.00Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-01-24T00:43:46.00Z
    IP Location United States Of America - California - San Francisco - Cloudflare Inc.
    Dates 7,078 days old
    Created on 2001-01-23
    Expires on 2021-01-23
    Updated on 2019-12-24
    Name Servers RUTH.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM (has 21,259,259 domains)
    WOZ.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM (has 21,259,259 domains)

-----------

worst case scenario if the owner wont extend the domain, we have a half-year to back up anything important , from novel translation , important information, useful thread, important post, etc
    if you know how to make an e-book file, please do so (many novel translations have not been e-booked yet)
    Interesting info. Bye in advance, a_t. :-(