Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaolin's Top Internal Skill - Nine Yang or YJJ

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Kwok View Post
    只隱約覺得他內勁和少林九陽功似是一路,但雄渾精微之處,又遠較少林派神功為勝。

The 3 monks recognised the 9 Yang that ZWJ used as being similar to the Shaolin 9 Yang, but the full version was far more powerful and intricate. Recognising it doesn't mean they also practised it. You might be thinking of Z3F thinking that ZWJ's inner power was seemingly boundless, but less refined that his own?
    I think is not different with Zhang Sanfeng he only learn part of 9 Yang right but his internal was much "refine" than Wuji..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I think is not different with Zhang Sanfeng he only learn part of 9 Yang right but his internal was much "refine" than Wuji..
    Was it ever mentioned in the novel that ZSF inner power was more refined? If i recall it was more of ZWJ's assumption without any factual proof.

I'm assuming for Pure Yang = ZWJ and for Pure Yin = GJ

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    Was it ever mentioned in the novel that ZSF inner power was more refined? If i recall it was more of ZWJ's assumption without any factual proof.

Even without clue at all we could assume that Zhang Sanfeng inner force more pure and refine than Wuji giving his 100 years of training/cultivating especially his vast knowladge in Taoism (and Buddhism) which considered "orthodox" martial arts school in China..

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post

Sori my bad..

After saying this, he used his palms to transfer his Art of 9 Yang chi into Zhang Sanfeng’s body. At that moment, Zhang Sanfeng felt that the chi emitting from his palms to be so powerful that it without comparison in the whole world. Though it was far from being as refined as his own, the chi was firmly grounded yet soft and was limitless. He started and stared into Zhang Wuji’s face. Only to see that his eyes did not shine brightly but had a soft, crystal-like layer in them. This meant that his inner power had reached the ultimate level. Except for his master Reverend Jue Yuan and Hero Guo Jing and a few others, he has never seen the same in anybody else. Of the top experts of the era, except for himself, he can think of no other person who has achieved this stage.

I also think Yi Jin Jing is better than 9 Yang. The problem is to mastering top Shaolin martial arts like YJJ and 72 Saholin martial arts, someone really has to fully follow Buddhist value, meaning, the martial artist has no longer desire to fight, become wulin no 1 and so on, like sweeper monks. If he is still involved in wulin, he will never truly master it. At this point, 9 Yang might still better than YJJ.