Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Was Guo Jing Not Already Invincible in the Condor Heroes Trilogy?

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    Jueyuan beating Jinlun Fawang. False.
    This guy mastered 9yang but have no real kung fu (fighting skills).
    Yes he could as long in internal energy battle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Like Chow Bak Tung, Yeung Gor momentarily underestimated the monk after having not seen him in such a long time. It wouldn't last.
    Totally agree but he could stand for almost 300 moves against YG afterall which pretty impressive for "choky fighter" like him..

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    LOL Completely revamped, inner-power doubled, post-16 Baldy took ONE WHOLE DAY to defeat an old, out-of-shape QQR who had already lost all of his mojo and killer instinct. In contrast, ZBT humiliated an in-his-prime QQR to the point where QQR had to run away. Seriously, if you're even a first rate pugilist, you stay and fight to your death and you don't runaway. That was just to show how mentally weak QQR was. And Baldy took one whole day to beat that same mentally weak old guy who had been further demoralized from all his penitence.

People who could defeat QQR in less than 200 stances at that point:
    ZBT (obviously)
    GJ
    YG
    HYS
    Jue Yuan
    YD might need around 500-1000 stances as he also had stopped training. But he would not need a day to beat QQR.

Like Ken said, Baldy is a horrible fighter who fights stupid. Even pre-16, his inner power and palm strength were already higher than the old Greats and more than enough for him to at least draw against them if he wasn't just a horrendous choker. The increase in inner power post-16 didn't do much for him as he did not fix his one glaring weakness: his stupidity. Seriously, what was he thinking when he fought Xiaolongnu? All he had to do was palm blast her back to the tomb but noooo, he just had to out-quick her instead.

In any case, not to beat an already decomposed horse but any old Greats would wreck GWM if they fought.
    Jinyong stated Yideng might beat QQR by only half a stance. And we know that Yideng and HYS are roughly equals, so HYS beating QQR in less than 200 stances is highly false.
    Moreover, QQR vs Fawang lasted a whole day maybe because QQR's Iron Palms (better techniques) match up well with Fawang's palms (greater power).

Jinyong stated Yideng might beat QQR by only half a stance. And we know that Yideng and HYS are roughly equals, so HYS beating QQR in less than 200 stances is highly false.
    Moreover, QQR vs Fawang lasted a whole day maybe because QQR's Iron Palms (better techniques) match up well with Fawang's palms (greater power).
    It's due YD fighting style not suitable to fight palm master like QQR not because he only a bit better than him..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Yes he could as long in internal energy battle..
    I think no one from the Condor Trilogy could beat Jinlun Fawang in the palms and internal energy department, maybe except for Yang Guo with his 6-year ocean wave training.

YG indeed could beat QQR within 💯 moves even fewer while the baldy monk could "hold his own" against YG for almost 300 moves and you still consider JLFW "creepy fighter" well tell to me now how much people you think could last for 300 moves against end-ROCH YG in Trilogy..
    Here comes the Yang Guo hype team, Western Eccentric and FeilongZ. LoL

I think no one from the Condor Trilogy could beat Jinlun Fawang in the palms and internal energy department, maybe except for Yang Guo with his 6-year ocean wave training.
    JLFW and YG might be have formidable raw force but I think they lacked in terms of refinement so in long internal energy duel they would lose some of their power "quickly" than people who learn orthodox inner power method like 9 Yin/9 Yang or QZ neigong and secondly you shouldn't underestimate Jueyuan strength he is the only one in Trilogy with the best "auto protect"..

Here comes the Yang Guo hype team, Western Eccentric and FeilongZ. LoL
    I never overhype YG since I never think he could beat XF or DFBB or even GJ on hand to hand combat..

The Jue Yuan thing was a bit of a joke on my part that didn't translate well. My bad. Though give him about 6 months to train in techniques (same timeframe as ZWJ after GMD battle), Jue Yuan would wreck QQR, especially an old and out of shape QQR. Also, IIRC, there's some pointers about techniques in 9Yang, ie., the bits about waiting for your opponent to strike first, but yeah it's cryptic as hell. You still need a decent technique manual to take advantage of 9Yang.

Here are Baldy's strategies when going up against various opponents.

XF: "Hmm, this guy has an awesome palm, much like myself. I'll match palms with him."

ZBT: "Hmmm, this funny old man does this crazy thing with his both hands fighting different styles. If I concentrate all my power into one art, I might not win. I'll try and do the dual hand thing like he does even though I have not practiced it before."

DFBB: "This guy looks creepy as hell but holy crap, is he fast!!! If I stay still and try to palm blast him with my immense power, I might lose. Maybe I should also fly around and try to catch him instead."

FQY: "Damn his swordmanship is incredible. My wheels may not be a match and my super inner power might not be of much use either. I should use a sword and try to keep up with his techniques instead."

JLFW and YG might be have formidable raw force but I think they lacked in terms of refinement so in long internal energy duel they would lose some of their power "quickly" than people who learn orthodox inner power method like 9 Yin/9 Yang or QZ neigong and secondly you shouldn't underestimate Jueyuan strength he is the only one in Trilogy with the best "auto protect"..
    With his great inner power, I think Gok Yeun could survive an encounter with these characters if he wanted to live, but actually beating them in a fight would also require better fighting techniques than Gok Yeun had.

XF: "Hmm, this guy has an awesome palm, much like myself. I'll match palms with him."

ZBT: "Hmmm, this funny old man does this crazy thing with his both hands fighting different styles. If I concentrate all my power into one art, I might not win. I'll try and do the dual hand thing like he does even though I have not practiced it before."

DFBB: "This guy looks creepy as hell but holy crap, is he fast!!! If I stay still and try to palm blast him with my immense power, I might lose. Maybe I should also fly around and try to catch him instead."

FQY: "Damn his swordmanship is incredible. My wheels may not be a match and my super inner power might not be of much use either. I should use a sword and try to keep up with his techniques instead."
    Pretty much. The Golden Wheel Monk's ego short-circuits his brain. It would be like me challenging Lebron James to a game of basketball, when I should actually challenge him to an essay-writing contest.

I think we are greatly underestimating Jinlun Fawang here.
    With the 10th level Dragon Elephant Prana Palms, he would overwhelm any opponent named above in a direct clash and would have a decent chance to defeat them.

I think we are greatly underestimating Jinlun Fawang here.
    With the 10th level Dragon Elephant Prana Palms, he would overwhelm any opponent named above in a direct clash and would have a decent chance to defeat them.
    Unfortunately for the Golden Wheel Monk, none of the named opponents is a moron like him when it comes to fighting who will conveniently play into his hands by fighting him on his terms. On the other hand, based on his previous record, I can TOTALLY see the Golden Wheel Monk doing exactly as EdenResident describes in these encounters.

Well TBH I tired to answer a classic question like which stronger between XF GJ and YG since I always think they are more or less "equal" though I prefer XF but I'm not sure he might be beat GJ/YG but is not a easy task even after 1000 moves..
    Further thoughts:
    Since I think XF is not a defensive genius like ZBT or GJ who has defensive skillset from 9yin, he would be quickly defeated by YG when full-powered SP is activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    We do not need dozens of threads that are all designed with the same general objective.

I permit you to continue doing what you've been doing, but it needs to all be done in one place (which I hopefully never need to visit except very rarely to perform maintenance).
    Fair,
    Thanks for the update and merging the threads Ken