Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ruco Chan (陳展鵬)

I found his homepage at: http://bennychanchinpang.tripod.com where is the chinese site, is it gone now?

like the girl in his new series

Well. . .I haven't posted in spcnet for awhile. . .and of course the first thing I will have to do is wake up all of Chin Pang's threads.

Did you guys know he's been in A LOT of series lately? Not all staring roles but pretty decent ones.

I'll attempt to make a list but I'm not sure on the english titles right now. . .

Legend Of Fang De & Miau Cui Hua (I love him yet not love him at the same time. The character he portrays in here is quite sad. )
    Happy Family (I am dissappointed to say that I have not seen this series at my renting store yet. Such a bummer)
    The Blind Detective (I watched this one. Chin Pang looks hawt! HAWT! HAWT! in it. You definately won't be dissappointed by the way they designed his character's looks. Though I do feel that there is a pattern with Chin Pang playing misunderstood roles. His characters are always diverse in personality. . .but always misunderstood by main characters. . .which basically results in a tragic ending for him)
    Hong Kong Special Cases (I rent this, but haven't seen to his episode yet. I'm looking foward to it. So far I do like the case with Gilbert Lam. The guy doesn't ever stop eating in there. Soooo adorable! . . .okay, enough of that. I'm being unfaithful. X_X )
    Concubines of Qing Emperor (Heard of it. . .but have not seen. I will look out for this series though)

. . .I believe there is more potential series but not a lot of information about filming and such has been release. . .or not to me anyway. ^^

again, wake up guys!
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

OMG big news for Chin Pang fans Must Read:

Posted by stylin-annie athttp://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?s...;#entry2932350:

O MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

Guys, i don't know if everyone knows already or not but i was on Chin Pang's chinese site (i finally learned how to register!) and he posted a message saying his contract with ATV is up by the end of this year and he wants to know what we (his fans) think he should do. he said: (translated) "hong kong has 2 tv stations (TVB/ATV).......which one does everyone think is better?"

"#1 明年發展去向

展鵬與亞洲電視將於年底滿約,他想知道大家的意見~

展鵬: 香港有2個電視台(無線/亞視)........大家說那個好?"

http://www.chinpang.com/bbs/viewthread.php...423&fpage=1

WOW, this is such a hard decision for him, there are risks either way.....

Wow Hum at his chinese discussion thread sure can analayze very well.
    You need to be a member to go on to the chinese forum of Chin Pang so I'll just go what he or she anlyzed for him after he posted that thread.

It depends on how you negotiate your contract with TVB at the beginning also. If they don't promise to give you good roles and good chances to show your talent, you might as well remain in ATV. At least ATV wouldn't make you obscure, you can also negotiate a better contract with ATV if you want to stay with ATV. It seems like ATV lets artists more flexibility to go to mainland or do outside shows/films. TVB might refrigerate you (since they have so many artists) and that can be very risky. If you ask Kenneth Chan, he would probably say ATV gives you more chances, but then, his case is different from yours.

If I were you, I would look at what is important in my life, some of the things that I would consider is...
    1. At this point in my life, what is the most important (base pay, or opportunity to go further in your career, family responsibility)?
    2. Do you want to be more famous, or just be in better productions, or in larger roles?
    3. Still singing? TVB is letting their artists sing now.
    4. Want outside jobs/film opportunities? (TVB might not be as flexible.)
    5. What kind of artist do you want to be? Youth idol? Super TV actor? Super singer (mandarin okay)? Commercial star? Film star? (by the way, I like both your singing and your acting, but I am not sure if youth idol applies in Hong Kong, probably better chance in mainland, but that's my opinion. HK film is going downhill though.)
    6. What kind of image you want to give others? I know Kenneth tries to sound knowledgeable and never an idol. Really depends on your personality.
    7. TVB's distribution is worldwide.... lots of "Si Lai' will know you but not sure about the younger market. It comes down to what kind of roles you want to play. You would be in a hard to define age group. Over there, there's the young, the middle age and the old. Where ronald ng, bosco wong is in the young group, and people like Tao Dai Yu would be in the middle age group. I wonder if there are good scripts with major roles that would be just your age.

As a viewer, I would say you are in a safe position to choose which company to go with, but perhaps the negotiation is more important to your future than the TV station itself.

I believe you are truly talented, hardworking, and have a very healthy image, I think they should give you a great contract, if they don't, maybe you can look elsewhere. Hong Kong's market should not be that small. Maybe Cable instead of ATV and TVB? Or more commercial/advertising/modeling jobs? I support you, no matter what your decision is.

I maybe a poll for him at asianfanatics
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/Shoul...alk303654.html
    Last edited by Sport3888; 09-13-06 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nonono
    I found his homepage at: http://bennychanchinpang.tripod.com where is the chinese site, is it gone now?
    It's now a chinese forum due to spamming
    Go to the main page of the english website and click on one of the pictures. One leads ot the chines forum and one leads to the new english forum created by Ally.

I remember back when I made a search for benny chan or chan chin pang and only found 3 things actually relating to him in a million links. . .

. . .now he is a lot more popular and i have much more pictures of him. . .

. . .we should be satisfied. . .but we always say we don't see enough of him or he doesn't star enough, even tho he is promoted by atv. . .is that why he wants to switch?

i've never even known that tvb and atv existed until i knew about chin pang. I've always thought all the hk productions to be hk. . .and china is china, taiwanese is that, korean, japanese and so forth. hk was just hk. . .i hope he finds something or decide on something that can and will make him happy. he deserves it. ^^
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

http://www.chinpang.com/bbs is actually a great site with tons of pics and news of Chin Pang. there is a poll going on there too. the chinese maybe a challege but it can be figured out if you just imagine the layout of most forum websites. plus chin pang visits it often and leaves messages so it's worth trying to figure out

i personally think ATV has treated him better and has a lot more original stories. without atv i would never have been able to see love in a miracle or project xi jiang or MDWAV3 or Fang De or Chor Lau Heurng-- all of which made me fall in love with him. i can't say that tvb series excite me at all -- all the movies and characters are too simple, if i saw chin pang playing those rolse i wouldn't be impressed because those roles don't require skilled acting. furthermore, atv has less actors and the people there are nicer to one another. you can see this from their anniversary shows or other get togethers. I will support him though through thick and thin, it's just a matter of what's best. i would be so hurt and depressed if he went to tvb and they push him in the back pile and gave him small roles.

it's making me freak out just thinking about what he's gonna do -- hope he's handling it better than me
    ALWAYS DREAMING OF CHAN CHIN PANG!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon
    Well. . .I haven't posted in spcnet for awhile. . .and of course the first thing I will have to do is wake up all of Chin Pang's threads.

Did you guys know he's been in A LOT of series lately? Not all staring roles but pretty decent ones.

I'll attempt to make a list but I'm not sure on the english titles right now. . .

Legend Of Fang De & Miau Cui Hua (I love him yet not love him at the same time. The character he portrays in here is quite sad. )
    Happy Family (I am dissappointed to say that I have not seen this series at my renting store yet. Such a bummer)
    The Blind Detective (I watched this one. Chin Pang looks hawt! HAWT! HAWT! in it. You definately won't be dissappointed by the way they designed his character's looks. Though I do feel that there is a pattern with Chin Pang playing misunderstood roles. His characters are always diverse in personality. . .but always misunderstood by main characters. . .which basically results in a tragic ending for him)
    Hong Kong Special Cases (I rent this, but haven't seen to his episode yet. I'm looking foward to it. So far I do like the case with Gilbert Lam. The guy doesn't ever stop eating in there. Soooo adorable! . . .okay, enough of that. I'm being unfaithful. X_X )
    Concubines of Qing Emperor (Heard of it. . .but have not seen. I will look out for this series though)

. . .I believe there is more potential series but not a lot of information about filming and such has been release. . .or not to me anyway. ^^

again, wake up guys!
    If you like Gilbert Lam, please watch the good old days.

lol. I like Gilbert and some of his roles . . .but i'm not really a fan, in the sense that i don't plan to go out renting and watching series specifically because he is in it. ^^ Though if I get the chance, I may watch it mostly because of him. thanx for the suggession tho.

right now i just want to see chin pang in more series. ^^

, chinpang is hot too. But, if you get a chance, do see good old days. It won the best series of the decade for atv. Gilbert was the best male actor of the year and Amy also won the best actress and highest paid of the year. The time setting was similiar to LIAM. Please do give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon
    I remember back when I made a search for benny chan or chan chin pang and only found 3 things actually relating to him in a million links. . .

. . .now he is a lot more popular and i have much more pictures of him. . .

. . .we should be satisfied. . .but we always say we don't see enough of him or he doesn't star enough, even tho he is promoted by atv. . .is that why he wants to switch?

i've never even known that tvb and atv existed until i knew about chin pang. I've always thought all the hk productions to be hk. . .and china is china, taiwanese is that, korean, japanese and so forth. hk was just hk. . .i hope he finds something or decide on something that can and will make him happy. he deserves it. ^^
    Exactly why can't Hk series be just HK why can't TVB and ATV collaborate once a year or something. That'd be really interesting if that happened. group of leads from TVB and another group of leads from ATV. Really don't see why they have to compete with each other when collaborating together once in a while will probably bring out really good series since TVB has strong points ATV doesn't have and ATV has strong points TVB doesn't have. But then to me I feel ATV's actors are the truely talented ones and can act and sing better. I see series of other countries as the way you see it too but for HK it's different probably because we know more about because there are only two companies. I truely think there should be a third new company that would use both TVB and ATV people and have meaningful scripts but alot of money is needed. Really wish there was someway to let people know how meaningful and realistic and better ATV's scripts are.
    Last edited by Sport3888; 09-16-06 at 10:22 PM.

yeah. . .but sadly they see each other as rivals and so forth. . .its those strict contracts. . .DX

I think Chin Pang said he's going to China. I hope that means he's already got movie roles offered to him because he'll disappear just like Flora Ng or Dickie Chueng or Alice.....i wish he would go into movie like Daneil Wu or Louis Koo. then he'd be much more popular
    ALWAYS DREAMING OF CHAN CHIN PANG!

Not sure if Chin Pang is leaving, he said he was leaving for China, probably because he is filming that modern series in mainland that's a collaboration of ATV and mainlan china.
    Me too, I think if Chin Pang stayed in the movie he might've made it big already. I really think he should really consider the movie industry and mainland market. Because even HK movie actors go act in mainland china as well so He should just do both. I really don't get how singers can have lead roles in movies but when it comes to tv actors/actress who switch to movies, they have to take on supporting roles. Really wish Chin Pang could make more movies in the future, I'm tired of seeing him not being popular at ATV. It pisses me off how ATV is promoting Hawick even more than Chin Pang when he just joined them and when Chin Pang is a way better actor and singer than him. ATV promotes too slowly and never gives their actors lead roles except for the yut goh and yut gai which is Kenneth Chan and Pinky Cheung.

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/vampire3/_image/c15a.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/vampire3/_image/c15b.jpg')
    That him?? I've never heard of him.

His new drama will start airing on ATV Aug 20 2007!

http://www.hkatv.com/drama/07/kids/

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/07/kids/_image/menu.jpg')

He sings the main and 1 of the sub songs as a duet w/ the other male lead.

And check out the video portion of the site, there's 2 promos as well as a 19min clip about the drama
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

That girl to the left looks like Ho Mei Tian, and eehh I see William So, I haven't seen him since Silence.

I'm been waiting for Benny's series for so long....ATV sure takes their time.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    That girl to the left looks like Ho Mei Tian, and eehh I see William So, I haven't seen him since Silence.

I'm been waiting for Benny's series for so long....ATV sure takes their time.
    looks worth the wait though, from the 19min preview I saw. This drama might end up being quite touching and realistic. I can't wait till it airs. The other male lead should be recognizable if you've seen "The Miracle" w/ Peter Ho or "Maid Waixin" w/ Lee Bing Bing. Looks like we have 2 guys who are 'challenged'

anyways, I just found out that the China set for this drama was released late last month, so I'm dling it off of BT right now, that way I don't have to wait till the 20th, even though it's going to be in Mandarin.
    Last edited by creidesca; 08-08-07 at 03:27 AM.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

hey @ 1st i thought the benny chan from tvb but now tat i've seen his face, oh so, he's the different benny chan.

he looks quite alright.

i haven't post here for long
    can't believe so many benny chan chin pang fans now
    wow his new series come out already never knew that gotta go rent [yay he sing the themesong cool]
    haven't see him after Fang De & Miu Cui Hua
    i hope he can go to TVB
    Love:~Raymond Lam~Ruco Chan~Sam Wang ~Luo Jin~
    Admire:~Michelle Ye~Jessica Hsuan~Linda Chung~
    Bands:~5566~183 Club~Twins ~
    Watching:~Scheme of a beauty~The Fixer~