Thread: 100% Poison Resistance vs Inner Power Boost vs Techniques manual

Default 100% Poison Resistance vs Inner Power Boost vs Techniques manual

Let's say you're an average wulin fighter. You're walking along the cliffside of a mountain and you accidentally fall off the edge, and miraculously survive the fall, and coincidentally meet a wise old hermit sage who grants you one of three wishes.

Wish #1: 100% poison resistance. Remember all those stories of a big poweful and legendary hero getting killed by a stupid poisoned drink?? Imagine all those cheap poison-bastards in wulin getting ready to poison their next victim. Well with this magical enhancment, you never have to worry about being poisoned again. For life. You get 100% poison resistance to all manners of poison.

Wish #2: Inner power boost. Your inner power is already decent but with this boost you get approximately 3-years "ice-bed style" inner power boost in a matter of seconds.

Wish #3: Techniques manual. The old hermit will give you a manual that will teach you powerful external techniques that can elevate your status from average wulin fighter to semi-elite fighter on a technical level.

Which wish would you choose??? Which area do you feel is the most important to your suvival in this hostile and cold wulin world.

Depending on the technique, I think I'd go with that one. At decent wulin level, it seems supreme techniques do more good than 3 year Icy bed inner power. I think strictly speaking, Yang Guo had as much or less inner power than Zhen Zhibing and them, and they seem pretty worthless. Guo Jing with one stance of Dragon Palms became quite a force however.

The poison leaves some fun scenarios....i.e. challenging elites and masters to drinking poison. Might be able to hustle some kungfu manuals this way.

I'd go for technique as a personal preference.
    But if I want to be smart about it, the best deal would be inner power, because inner power is only paid off through time, it's those rare circumstances that you get instant boosts and high inner power can make basic techniques stronger, whereas some high level techniques won't work without the inner power to drive it. Then you can just hold out until you come across a technique of a decent level while increasing inner power to pass the time.

Being average with poison immunity just sucks. I can imagine being enslaved to be a poison tester for life because I couldn't stand up for myself.
    Last edited by Banh Mi; 01-26-10 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post

Which wish would you choose??? Which area do you feel is the most important to your suvival in this hostile and cold wulin world.
    None. Just kill EVERYBODY and you'll be fine.

I say the wuxia heroes and villains were wasting their time and energy picking out specific people to kill. They should have just killed EVERYONE...then, no more worries.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Guo Jing with one stance of Dragon Palms became quite a force however.

The poison leaves some fun scenarios....i.e. challenging elites and masters to drinking poison. Might be able to hustle some kungfu manuals this way.
    Yeah true about the dragon palms. You can do a lot of fun things with poison resistance esp if the world is filled with OYF types and other cheap bastards. Essentially every single scenario where people are plotting against you via poisonous means, you're 100% guaranteed to survive. I imagine lot of wulin folk are pretty stressed out over this, if they're going to get poisoned or not, especially if the world is pretty damn hostile and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    I'd go for technique as a personal preference.
    But if I want to be smart about it, the best deal would be inner power, because inner power is only paid off through time, it's those rare circumstances that you get instant boosts and high inner power can make basic techniques stronger, whereas some high level techniques won't work without the inner power to drive it. Then you can just hold out until you come across a technique of a decent level while increasing inner power to pass the time.

Being average with poison immunity just sucks. I can imagine being enslaved to be a poison tester for life because I couldn't stand up for myself.
    Yeah the poison issue is a pretty big hassle if you're just an average wulin fighter. One misjudged sip and you're gone. The inner power and techniques question is a bit more complex. With more inner power, you can always power-up your basic techniques and gain better defenses and stamina in generall. So inner power is always a safe bet. But with access to more and better techniques, your arsenal increases and you're in a much better position tactically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    None. Just kill EVERYBODY and you'll be fine.

I say the wuxia heroes and villains were wasting their time and energy picking out specific people to kill. They should have just killed EVERYONE...then, no more worries.
    We're assuming you're just an average wulin fighter. How about this... Which of those choices would further your plans of total annihilation of your enemies?

We're assuming you're just an average wulin fighter. How about this... Which of those choices would further your plans of total annihilation of your enemies?
    I'm not sure. Most of those are defensive measures.

I'm thinking more in lines of a NUKE, but even a nuke leaves behind trace materials.

Antimatter, however, takes care of EVERYTHING.

So yeah...antimatter.

100% Poison Resistance. After that, all you need is the poison gas used in DGSD, the one where you lose all ability to move.

If this wasn't the case, then inner power is the way to go
    Quote Originally Posted by remixedasian View Post
    6: Duan Yu is the greatest martial artist of all time

Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    100% Poison Resistance.
    Yeah, but this only provides very limited help in killing EVERYONE.

Yeah, but this only provides very limited help in killing EVERYONE.
    By everyone, Ken is implying YG + LDG

100% Poison Resistance. After that, all you need is the poison gas used in DGSD, the one where you lose all ability to move.

If this wasn't the case, then inner power is the way to go
    Damn that's pretty creative. Now you just have to make enough poison gas to cover all of china

By everyone, Ken is implying YG + LDG

Damn that's pretty creative. Now you just have to make enough poison gas to cover all of china
    I wouldn't mind taking them out too

No need, all I need is making enough to ensure that the poison covers about 100 yards and that I can on it permanently. I can slowly take my time to slit ppl's throat as I walk around

And since I am supposed to be a decent fighter, 50 yards should be more than sufficient for me to avoid hidden darts, bow+arrow etc. 100 yards is insurance.

I wouldn't mind taking them out too

No need, all I need is making enough to ensure that the poison covers about 100 yards and that I can on it permanently. I can slowly take my time to slit ppl's throat as I walk around

And since I am supposed to be a decent fighter, 50 yards should be more than sufficient for me to avoid hidden darts, bow+arrow etc. 100 yards is insurance.
    With poison resistance and a whole bag of poison gas, you're practically god Just make sure to not kill ALL the wuxia hunnies

Well, I wouldn't kill everyone, that would be boring. I rather enjoy them all

I'm lazy. I'll take the inner power boost.