Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks foxs

Just found a typo in the unabridged thread (actualy in this thread also):

Book 17 Chapter 7 Long Dhyana Discussion on the Bridge
    Xu Xingzhi turned into the Heavenly Street. Looking for Kou Zhong in the midst the vast crowd, he had a slightly depressed feeling. ---> it should be Xu Ziling, not Xu Xingzhi

The matter between Susu and Xiang Yushan was a terrible mistake, they even had a child together; no how formidable he and Kou Zhong were, they did not have the strength to reverse the rotation of the sky.

He has never had good impression toward Yun Yuzhen, and now he detested her even more, and was feeling very low.

Thanks, foxs.

When a force of 2000 men attacking three separate strategic forts with tens of thousands of men, you'd have to be 'appearing gods and vanishing devils' to stand a chance. Only a heaven sent opportunity like their brilliant and serendipitous encounters can swing the tide. Hurry so I can see how this formidable battle with insurmountable odds unfolds.

Default Book 22 Chapter 8 - Part 2

Xiaohu, truth be told, I am touched that you are so looking forward to the updates, but at the same time, I dont want you to be disappointed, because sometimes real life interferes with this project. So I am just going to ignore the fact that you are waiting Thanks for the correction, by the way, Ill look into that later. Ysabel, HPC, Jaya, you are welcome. Kowloon, you got it.

The commander tent was brightly lit.

Dong Jingzhen was sitting in the commander chair, on his left and right stood four high-ranking military officers, all were unable to take their eyes off Luo Fang, who was being dragged into the tent.

Dong Jingzhen looked to be around forty years old, tall and thin, with square face and big ears, and distinct lines on his face, his chin was protruding, his eyebrows and hair thick, his overall appearance was bold and powerful.

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling shouted at the same time, Kneel!

Luo Fang shook for a moment, as if his legs suddenly went weak, he dropped on his knees, with head hung low; his acting was so good that even Kou Zhong, Xu Ziling, and Bai Wenyuan could not see any flaw.

Apart from Lei Youshi, the other guards did not follow inside the tent.

Dong Jingzhen laughed aloud and said, Bai Jiangjun could extract such an important military intelligence from this kids mouth, you have rendered great merit to the coalition forces, it is worthy of celebration.

Bai Wenyuan turned toward Kou and Xu, two men, and ordered, You wait outside the tent.

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling loudly acknowledge the order, turned around and out of the tent.

This command tent was located in the center of the wooden stronghold, surrounded by large empty space, with all the other tents located fifty paces away. There were eight guards standing around the tent.

The twenty some soldiers who came with Lei Youshi were standing on the path, ready to get out of the fort and return to the crossing dock.

The two boys ran after them, and walked toward the strongholds gate.

All the officers and soldiers within the camp were already in their tents to rest and sleep, only those who were on guard duty remained outside to patrol the fort. Except for the wind lanterns illuminating the main paths connecting all four stronghold gates, the camp was dark. Under the bright moon, the tents looked like mounds of steamed buns growing out of the ground.

There were more than ten soldiers standing on guard at the gate, four of whom were serving on sentry duty on the watchtowers rising approximately two zhang high on either side of the fort gate. But because nobody could have imagined that the enemy has arrived, the alert level was very low, the vigilance was slacking.

As the guards saw the group of soldiers, they hastily opened one side of the gate to let them pass.

Xuan Yong and the others came following the ship; five hundred elite troops were crowding in the hold of the ship. They have already taken care of the Baling Army soldiers at the crossing dock.

They also secured the area for the arrival of the men and horses from their side. Xuan Yong personally led more than a dozen men with superior qinggong to hide at the foot of the hill nearest the trenches of horse trap. This moment, seeing the forts gate opened, they quickly pounced out.

The guards on the watchtowers were the first to find out, but as they were about to shout, Kou Zhong soared up, while releasing a series of flying blades. Four guards grunted miserably, and turned into muddleheaded ghosts.

Xu Ziling moved at the same time; like a tiger entering a flock of sheep, he brandished his fists, one after another the guards at the gate fell to the ground, without even had any chance to utter any word.

Kou Zhong took a breath midair and somersaulted toward the gate. Together with Xuan Yong and his men rushing over, with the speed of lightning they took care of the Baling Army, who were about to rush out of the fort to help their comrades.

In a few blinks of the eye, the secure-as-a-city-protected-by-a-wall-of-metal-and-a-moat-of-boiling-water stronghold gate has already fallen into their control.

After meeting up with Xuan Yong and his men, Kou Zhong gave his order, Clean up the patrol and guards on the watchtowers first, lest they send out an alarm.

Responding to his order, the men spread out.

The rest of Shaoshuai Army rushed over from the crossing dock.

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling reached out to grab each others hand to congratulate each other, they both felt lucky.

Although there were more than four thousand Baling troops inside the stronghold, all they could do was to wait for the slaughter.

After making adequate preparation and ensuring good coordination, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling took twenty Shaoshuai troops, who had changed into Baling Army uniform, to return to the command tent.

As the guards around the command tent saw them left but came back, especially with Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling on the lead, they were surprised.

Taking advantage while their attention was focused on Kou Zhong and his men, Xuan Yong and his men rushed out from their hiding, swift as lightning they subdued the guards.

They heard Dong Jingzhens laughter from inside the tent, Luo Xiongdi certainly know how to be tactful. Since you are willing to rely on our sides help, I can guarantee you futures riches and honor, glory and splendor, and boundless good fortune for your offspring.

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling lifted up the tents curtain and stepped in.

While Dong Jingzhen and the others turned their eyes toward them in shock, Bai Wenyuan and Luo Fang suddenly made their move to attack the men closest to them. Kou Zhongs Moon in the Well left its scabbard and turned into a streak of yellow light, hacking onto Dong Jingzhen, whose weapon was still lying on the side.

Xu Ziling sent out double punches across empty air, attacking the two high-ranking military officers at Dong Jingzhens left and right.

For a period of time saber ray and sword shadow pervaded the air in the tent.

Dong Jingzhen was an outstanding figure as well; even in shock and facing death, he did not panic. Throwing himself backward, the tumbled and rolled out of the tent. Although he managed to evade Kou Zhongs shocking-the-heaven-moving-the-earth saber strike, he could not dodge Xuan Yongs Bird Beak Strike and more than a dozen sabers and swords coming right up on him. Immediately blood rushed out from the many wounds on his body. Were it not for his profound and powerful true qi protecting his body, plus he immediately soared up to the sky to get away, he would have died on the spot.

The Moon in the Well was like a shadow attached to his figure; it chopped down on him head-on.

Dong Jingzhen roared; his right palm swept across the Moon in the Wells blade, with exquisite-beyond-compare move to save his life.

Vortex of energy burst into his body via his palm.

One was seizing the opportunity to strike with all his strength, the other was facing an attack in a hurry after he was injured in the battle; the difference was like heaven and earth, cloud and mud.

Dong Jingzhens entire body shook; curling into a ball, he rolled unnaturally backward, blood did not stop spurting out of his mouth, until finally he lay spread-eagled on the ground, and could only gasp for breath.

Xu Ziling pounced out of the tent, and said with a laugh, All clear!

Sweeping his gaze around, Kou Zhong saw that the men in the tents nearby have been awakened by the sound of the fighting. Tearing off his mask, he shouted, Drop down to the ground; those who resist will be killed without mercy!

Everybody followed the order.

Kou Zhong shot a glance at Dong Jingzhen, whose hands and feet were being tied by his men using cowhide rope; he turned toward Xu Ziling and said with a sigh, Ling Shao ought to know that I have no other choice; on the battlefield, it is either you kill me or I kill you. Dont forget that they have already done too big of a damage to such a small place.

Smiling ruefully, Xu Ziling said, I did not blame you, no need to say it with that many words. Come!

And he took off ahead of Kou Zhong.

It couldnt really be considered a battle at all.

Because Dong Jingzhen and a lot of high-ranking military officers were captured first, the Baling Army, who had just been awakened from sleep, was like a dragon without a head. One after another they surrendered, saving Kou Zhong from the sin of having to kill a lot of people.

By the second watch of the night [between 21:00 23:00 (i.e. 9-11pm)], the entire wooden stronghold has fallen into Kou Zhongs hands, so that they were able to proceed to the second phase of their plan.

Kou Zhong, Xu Ziling, and Bai Wenyuan, holding the crestfallen Dong Jingzhen in custody, along with more than forty of their men disguised as Dong Jingzhens personal guards, galloped their horses toward the other wooden stockade, under the command of Zhu Cans other great general, Wen Liang, followed by Xuan Yongs thousand-man Shaoshuai Army. Luo Fang and the other several hundred men stayed behind to guard the wooden fort.

The group rode at full speed, and reached the Garuda Armys wooden stockade, which was only half a li away. Reaching the gate, they shouted at the guards, Dong Jingzhen Da Shuai [great commander] has urgent matter to discuss with Wen Shuai [Commander Wen], we have information on Shaoshuai Armys whereabouts.

Bai Wenyuan also shouted, Its me! Open the gate and let us in.

Naturally the guards did not know it was a ruse, since they saw Dong Jingzhen, and the high-ranking military officer from their own side, Bai Wenyuan, they opened the gate while sending someone to run to notify Wen Liang, who was asleep in his tent.

The gate was barely opened when the group swarmed in, and immediately killed everybody within their sight. For a short while battle cry shook the heavens, rousing the officers and soldiers inside the camp from their beautiful dream.

Like a tidal wave Xuan Yong and his men came pouring into the stronghold, setting fire everywhere, and destroying everything in their path.

Very soon the entire wooden stronghold has been engulfed in the raging inferno. The confused Garuda Army could only run toward the other gates and flee into the wilderness.

Cao Yinglongs bandit army came to provide assistance, but they were caught by the ambushing Shaoshuai Army and were beaten to a sorry state; they also fled the stronghold in disorder.

By daybreak, the coalition forces of three sides elite troops had ceased to exist.

Foxs, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Paona, that is certainly a very plausible explanation, but unless someone out there can confirm the missing text, I am reluctant to change it.
    no need to change anything foxs!! just wanted to speculate as to what the missing text might be to try to get as complete a story as possible

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs!

Thanks, foxs.

Whoooa. Destroying 3 big armies only with 1 thread
    Looks like HY spend more time on describing beauties than a war
    BTW thank you for the update Foxs

I was thinking about "the good ol' days" on spcnet and thought I would drop in to see how things are here. Foxs, it's so nice to still see you around and still see you translating. Hats off to you for continuing along in your passion. Hope all is well.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Thanks foxs. This battle reminds me of the Trojan war when the Greeks hid inside the horse and slaughtered the Trojans in the middle of the night.

Default Book 22 Chapter 9 - Part 1

Xiaohu, HPC, Spy, Jaya, you are welcome. Paona, Tail, Sky, I think you'll like these next few updates ... raging battle all the way, although I am not sure how good I will be able to translate it into English. Huang Yi's sentences are not the easiest to translate into English, you know ... Hoju! What a nice surprise ... your baby must be big now, Gabrielle Faith? Or was it someone else? sorry, I am getting old. No new project? (Translation project, that is ...)

Book 22 Chapter 9 Making Threats and Promises

Dong Jingzhen was brought inside the tent.

Kou Zhong rose up to meet him, Quickly untie Dong Shuai [Commander]!

The guard who brought him in was dumbstruck. It was only after Kou Zhong repeated his order that he drew his dagger and cut the ox-tendon rope binding Dong Jingzhen.

After ordering his men to leave the tent, Kou Zhong spoke cheerfully, Dong Da Jiangjun [great general], please sit down.

Dong Jingzhen swept his gaze across the command tent, which originally was his own. Sighing dejectedly, he said, Just kill me. I, Dong Jingzhen, will never bow to a kid like you, whose smell of your mothers milk not yet dried.

Kou Zhong did not take offense at all; still smiling amiably, he said, I know that Dong Da Jiangjun cannot accept your defeat. But since its the fact, I am helpless to change it. Dont Dong Da Jiangjun agree with me?

Dong Jingzhen still repeat the same sentence, Just kill me!

Were it not for his internal injury was rather heavy, he would have attempted to seize the opportunity to break the siege.

Kou Zhong remained indifferent and at ease; he said, I do not intend for you to surrender to our side at all. Your entire family, father and mother, wife and children, are all in Baling; if I forced you to surrender, or even made a claim that you have surrendered to us, and thus helped us to break the other two strongholds, wouldnt I bring your entire family to their death? This is not the kind of thing that I, Kou Zhong, do.

Hearing the last few sentences, Dong Jingzhens face immediately lost its color, because he knew that it was not an empty threat at all. This move was more sinister than threatening to kill him. Dejected, he said, You are so cruel! Speak up then!

Kou Zhongs eyes flashed with cold rays, he said, I want to make a deal with you. As long as you agree, you can take approximately two thousand of your men who fell into our hands to immediately take the boat to return to Yiling, to the right via Ye Lu. I am sure Zhu Can and Cao Yinglong will not let you off, because they believed it was you who attacked them.

Dong Jingzhen appeared to have aged several years; dejectedly he slumped back into is chair.

It was only then did Kou Zhong sit into Dong Jingzhens commander chair. He said, I want to know the actual troops deployment that Zhu Can and Cao Yinglong are going to use to attack Yuanan and Dangyang.

Frowning, Dong Jingzhen said, How could they be willing to let me know that kind of military intelligence? Arent you just forcing me into a corner? Why dont you simply kill me?

Kou Zhongs tiger-eyes shone with terrifying strange light enveloping Dong Jingzhen. Slowly he pulled the Moon in the Well, and lay it down on the small table by his side. He spoke heavily, I treated Da Jiangjun in good faith, but Da Jiangjun treats me, Kou Zhong, like an idiot. Perhaps I would really behead Da Jiangjuns head, and then behead all Da Jiangjuns men. Dont blame me for not giving you a very clear warning.

Dong Jingzhens countenance changed. He said, A warrior can be killed, but cannot be disgraced. You want to kill me, you want to cut my flesh, Ol Dong will not knit half my brow. But you cant insult me

Kou Zhong sighed loudly to cut him off; shaking his head, he said, Da Jiangjun better not finish whatever it is you wanted to say. What kind of man Xiao Xian is, you and I are very clear about it. After sweeping away the Flying Horse Ranch and us, he is going to deal with Zhu Can and Cao Yinglong. Now that you have such a chance of cooperation, how could Dong Da Jiangjun not seize the opportunity to spy their two armies actual situation without too much extra effort?

Dong Jingzhen averted his gaze; hanging his head low, he said, This is simply gauging the heart of a gentlemen with ones own mean measure!

Kou Zhong knew that he had struck Dong Jingzhens vital point, and he knew that this man was not like the rather-die-than-submit faade he was putting on, otherwise last night he would not have surrendered under the sword blade, to go with them to deceive the gate and break the stronghold. Rising to his full height, Kou Zhong said, Since thats the case, there is no point in us continuing to talk. I wonder if Dong Da Jiangjun has any interest in watching your brethrens heads fall to the ground one by one?

Grieved, Dong Jingzhen said, You win!

Upright and unafraid, Kou Zhong walked out of the tent, toward Xu Ziling, Luo Fang, Xuan Yong and Bai Wenyuan, who were waiting for his good news, and made a sign of victory.

Xuan Yong gestured with his chin toward the command tent, asking for instructions on how to handle Dong Jingzhen.

Kou Zhong smiled and said, Naturally we treat him with due respect; how could I, Kou Zhong, be a cruel murderer? We will release all prisoners immediately, let them depart by boat, but they are not allowed to bring any weapon or horses. Give them enough provision for two days.

Xuan Yong accepted the order and left.

While walking toward the strongholds gate, Kou Zhong, who was accompanied by Xu Ziling, Luo Fang, and Bai Wenyuan, said, Now Zhu Can and Cao Yinglong must be thinking that Xiao Xian is conspiring to murder them. How do you think they will react?

Skeptical, Luo Fang said, Do you think Dong Jingzhen might lie?

Having a card up his sleeve, Kou Zhong said, We have Bai Xiong here, who has deep knowledge of Zhu Cans actual situation, as well as certain understanding of Cao Yinglongs, so he simply cannot speak out crazy and unfounded ravings. He is just a fellow who is greedy for life, afraid of death. In order to keep his life, he might even sell out his old Die, much less Zhu Can, who are the enemy and not friends at all, and Cao Yinglong, that leader of the thieves?

Thinking deeply, Xu Ziling said, The question is whether Zhu Can and Cao Yinglong really believe that Xiao Xian betrayed their alliance, and that because of Zhu Meis pitfall Bai Xiong has realigned his allegiance to Xiao Xian.

Bai Wenyuan resolutely said, Cao Yinglong, I do not dare to guarantee, but Zhu Can has a violent temper; in his distress over the disastrous casualties of his elite troops, his trusted lieutenant Wen Liang died in battle, he will definitely vent all his resentments on Xiao Xian, and will lose all reasons.

Proud of himself, Kou Zhong said, The most brilliant is that Zhu Can will never guess that I may come from the Great River, and thus slash at least three days of travel. This is the black pot Dong Jingzhen has to carry on his back.

Thanks foxs....
    When you said that Sky will be happy, I think Ba Fenghan is back in the story..

Quote Originally Posted by wangxiaohu View Post
    Thanks foxs....
    or Shen Luoyan God save our boys

oh well thank you very much foxs

on a side note, Zhu Mei (朱玫) who in our story here is the female ex-girlfriend of Bai Wenyuan, per wiki << https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhu_Mei >> seems to be male historically; and may or may not historically have been related to Zhu Can (朱粲) << https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhu_Can >>, although both appear to have the same character for their family names, 朱

and in case anybody is interested in the background of Dong Jingzhen and his relationship with Xiao Xian << https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiao_X...itial_uprising >>

In 617, several military officers at Baling Commandery (巴陵, roughly modern Yueyang) considered rising against Sui rule. They initially wanted to support one of their own, Dong Jingzhen (董景珍) as leader, but Dong pointed out that he was of a humble lineage and would not be respected by others, but that Xiao Xian was of imperial heritage and would be supported. They therefore sent messengers to Luochuan to report this to Xiao, who then gathered several thousand men.
    Last edited by paonakata; 10-28-17 at 04:10 AM.

Thanks foxs!

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks for the update foxs. I'm always happy when there's an update from you.

Quote Originally Posted by wangxiaohu View Post
    Thanks foxs....

Quote Originally Posted by paonakata View Post
    or Shen Luoyan God save our boys

You guys are hilarious!! It's sweet that you guys know who my favorite characters are! I guess I should stop gushing over them.
    I don't think SLY is a threat to the boys anymore. They can easily crush her now. I doubt we'll see her again. I do want to read more about Wanwan though.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    You guys are hilarious!! It's sweet that you guys know who my favorite characters are! I guess I should stop gushing over them.
    I don't think SLY is a threat to the boys anymore. They can easily crush her now. I doubt we'll see her again. I do want to read more about Wanwan though.
    We have a great community here

I agree she doesn't stand a chance in a straight fight, but what annoys and frustrates the heck out of everyone except maybe Li Mi is her unapologetic and ruthless traitorousness and lies