Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Journey to the West 2 (西遊記 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    is Chin Kar Lok still with tvb? The last time I saw him was in super trio tv show.

it was nice to see some of the cast from first season come back. I thought Joyce Chan's character was a bit annoying. Gordon Liu was funny.
    Chin kar Lok is in the Fixer" which is showing right now!

Joyce Chan is annoying and her acting is limited as well. I thought the bickering between Gordon and Rebecca was hilarious in part 1 and it was bittersweet how they became more loving towards each other after their son left. But I felt it was ruined when Kingdom was introduced into the marriage.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

yeh I didn't enjoy it as much when Kingdom got involve in the love triangle. I think the only character I like that joyce chan play was hitman chronicles and that vampire series with sammi cheng in it.

I have not kept up with all the new series that are coming up with tvb... i'll look into "the fixer" thanks =)

yeh I didn't enjoy it as much when Kingdom got involve in the love triangle. I think the only character I like that joyce chan play was hitman chronicles and that vampire series with sammi cheng in it.

I have not kept up with all the new series that are coming up with tvb... i'll look into "the fixer" thanks =)
    I am trying to keep away from the newer series from TVB. I am still in trauma after watching "Master of Destiny" with my dad. I will tune back in when it comes to the anniversary series.

But "Gods of Honour" is replaying TVB at the moment if you're interested. Chin Kar Lok is in it. It is not as good as JTTW, but much better and enjoyable than any recent epic that TVB has made in recent years.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

In jttw, Mimi lo looks really young here. I didn't think she started in tvb series until 2001 in lofty water verdant bow.

What is master of destiny about? I really have not kept up with the new series at all. But it must be horrible if you are making the puking face. I happen to come upon Night shift which is hktv series and I think its pretty interesting. It's very different and covers topics you normally won't see. I find it interesting when Lam ka wah said its not just gangsters that you have to worry about at night time but other things and it sounds like he is implying the dead.

I've never seen god of honours but I remember seeing a poster of it many years ago. I think I recall seeing Irene wan and Benny Chan in it? My favorite role of Chin Kar lok is still in legendary ranger =) He was funny in game of deceit.

Is Dicky Cheng still acting or is he only filming in mainland series? The last time I saw him is in Swordsman but it was a small role.

In jttw, Mimi lo looks really young here. I didn't think she started in tvb series until 2001 in lofty water verdant bow.

What is master of destiny about? I really have not kept up with the new series at all. But it must be horrible if you are making the puking face. I happen to come upon Night shift which is hktv series and I think its pretty interesting. It's very different and covers topics you normally won't see. I find it interesting when Lam ka wah said its not just gangsters that you have to worry about at night time but other things and it sounds like he is implying the dead.

I've never seen god of honours but I remember seeing a poster of it many years ago. I think I recall seeing Irene wan and Benny Chan in it? My favorite role of Chin Kar lok is still in legendary ranger =) He was funny in game of deceit.
    I'm still watching "Hidden Faces" but have been distracted by Mainland China's "The Journey of flowers". Will definitely watch "Night Shift".

MOD was that major Wong Jing production with Hawick Lau, Liza Wang, Tiffany Tang, etc... about rich people. I found it over the top and boring. The acting and even costumes were bad.

Yes, GOH is the one with Irene as the villain. She is sure pretty enough to be the one who brought down the Shang empire. The rest of the series was pretty fun as well. I thought Chin Lar Lok was best in "Burning Flames 1" with the comedy as well as the drama.
    Cyril Connolly

What series is "Hidden Faces" ? is it produce by tvb? I haven't kept up with the series. I found a few episodes of "night shift" and so far I think its good, its different.

hmm I will stay away from master of destiny then, haven't been into the 2015 series.

Will look into "GOH" later, thanks...

What series is "Hidden Faces" ? is it produce by tvb? I haven't kept up with the series. I found a few episodes of "night shift" and so far I think its good, its different.
    "Hidden Faces" is the HKTV production where Frankie plays a cosmetic surgeon. It is not as good as "The Election", but it is a pretty decent series. I will get around to watching "Night Shift" later on but the ending looks confusing.
    Cyril Connolly

oh ok, will eventually get to it. I been looking around at old series. Kind of watching episodes of my date with a vampire 2. Eric looks very different compare to vampire expert 2 when he had short hair. I recently finish never dance alone and I must say Angie still looks like same.

I recently marathon both one and two and found two so draggy I almost dropped it.

I've seen a lot of Dicky's series so his acting was nothing special, but he still came off a lot better than Benny who just seems weak all the time.

The stakes in the 1st also seemed higher, maybe because they core group hasn't cemented their relationship with each other so that each time they fell apart, it feels like it would tear them for good. The 2nd had them already in a tight bond so they came off as 'making a mountain out of a mole hill' a lot of the times.

The story they covered in the 2nd was better, but the dragging made it worst.

If they were going to bring back characters, then they should have kept them in tact, I can't stand the changes the made to the Bull King and his wife.

I didn't realise Mimi Kung was the Goddess of Mercy, but she sure looked pretty and oh so gentle. She's like the Mr Fix-It of season 1, when things get bad, just go get her and all will be solved.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

that would be cool if jttw 2 bring back all cast including minor characters. minus villains.