Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    RUMOURed Casts
    (spread in February, denied by ZJZ in May)

I know there's no use to post this, but just for fun and who knows... some of them become true^^

Zhang Wuji - Qiao Zhen Yu (Zheng Keshuang in Royal Tramp 2008)
    Zhao Min - Hao Lei
    Zhou Zhiruo - Luo Hai Qiong
    Xiao Zhao - Shu Chang (Princess Jian Ning in Royal Tramp 2008)
    Yin Li - Jiang Xin (Mu Wanqing in DGSD2004)

Zhang Cuishan - He Zhong Hua
    Yin Susu - Jiang Qinqin/Shui Ling (Mu Nianci in LoCH2003)

Ji Xiaofu - Li Xiaoran
    Yang Buhui - Li Xiaoran
    Yang Xiao - Andrew Lien

Daiqisi/Purple Dragon - Ning Jing (Chen Yuan Yuan in Royal Tramp)
    Xie Xun/Gold Lion - Ba Yin
    Wei Yixiao/Green Bat - Li Ming
    Yin Tianzheng/White Eagle - Gu Fung
    Fan Yao - Tao Zeru

Zhang Sanfeng - Tang Guoqiang
    Song Yuanqiao(Wudang's 1st disciple) - Li Xuejian
    Song Qingshu(SYQ's son) - Ren Quan
    Yu Lianzhou(Wudang's 2nd disciple) - Feng Yuanzheng
    Yu Daiyan(Wudang's 3rd disciple) - Guo Da
    Zhang Songxi(Wudang's 4th disciple) - Cao Qiugen
    Yin Liting(Wudang's 6th disciple) - Zheng Guo Lin (Zheng Keshuang in DoMD2000)
    Mo Shenggu(Wudang's 7th disciple) - Wang Xuebing

Mie Jue Shi Tai - Pan Hong

GUEST STARS:
    Guo Xiang - Yang Mi (the same GX in RoCH2006)
    Han Qianye (Daiqisi's husband) - Huang Xiaoming
    Wang Bao Bao (Zhao Min's brother) - Lu Yi
    Yellow Dress Girl - Crystal Liu Yifei

source: http://cache.tianya.cn/publicforum/c...1/217506.shtml

===========

Perfect! He's been in most ZJZ's productions and most likely ZJZ will cast him again in HSDS^^

And interesting guest stars, btw
    whoa...this better be rumored, becuase i refuse to watch this series if he casts these people. i HATE qiao zhenyu! idk why...he annoys me i guess. and hes ugly. ew...but i like the guest stars (read: HXM/Lu Yi)

Never mind this post and the next 2 posts. Very sorry ^^;;;
    Last edited by loislane; 06-23-08 at 06:54 PM.

To those who reads chinese, can you tell me whether this is rumour or pretty real?

http://bbs.laweach.com/post_628770_1.html

From what I understand via translator engine. These are Zhang Jizhong candidates list for Zhao Min. And some of his standards are: the actress has to have Bridgette Lin Qingxia's image-like(pretty and has graceful manners), not too old for the role(stay true to the novel as close as possible), not restricted to Mainland actresses only.

The ZHAO MIN candidates are:
    (not sure in what order this is... higher possibility to be chosen, maybe?)

1. Eva Huang Sheng Yi
    Ha... as much as I like her as Xia Qingqing in Bi Xue Jian. I don't think she can pull off Zhao Min^^

2. Tong Liya
    I see some fans responds that they support Tong Liya... hmm, who is she?

3. Shu Chang, Jiang Xin
    Princess Jian Ning in Royal Tramp?? Mm... nope.
    Mu Wanqing in Demi God Semi Devil 2003? Mm... yea, nope^^ I prefer her as Yin Li, like the previous rumor.

4. Liu Yifei, Ady An Yixuan
    Liu Yifei?? A big NO, pls... xD I don't want a Xiao Longnu to play Zhao Min. Not that I have anything against her^^

5. Wang Li Kun
    There you go... a Mongolian actress (Mongolian ethnic, Chinese citizen). I know a Mongolian would be on the list^^ But I don't think she has the looks to be Zhao Min.

6. Song Jia, Hao Lei

7. He Zhuo Yan, Han Xiao

8. Michelle Yip Suen (Ye Xuan)

9. Li Man

It also mentions that there will be some event next Sunday... casts audition? not sure...
    yeah um that post was just a fan making his/her ideal list, it has nothing to do with ZJZ's casting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    yeah um that post was just a fan making his/her ideal list, it has nothing to do with ZJZ's casting.
    Oops... very sorry!!! And, thanks!^^

how about Yuan Hong to portray ZWJ?
    he is handsome....
    hahaha....

Oops... very sorry!!! And, thanks!^^
    its ok. its nice to know what other people think. your welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by yooong7 View Post
    how about Yuan Hong to portray ZWJ?

he is handsome....

hahaha....
    for some reason, yuan hong doesnt seem to fit my description of ZWJ...but he is hot! =D

Is Andrew Lien, Lian Kai from 'Ben Yue' (Moon Fairy-- Fann Wong's Chang-er)? The guy who acts as Christopher Lee's adopted brother, later appointed by the emperor of heaven as the 'He Bo'?
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    Is Andrew Lien, Lian Kai from 'Ben Yue' (Moon Fairy-- Fann Wong's Chang-er)? The guy who acts as Christopher Lee's adopted brother, later appointed by the emperor of heaven as the 'He Bo'?
    I think so...
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Andrew_Lien

Yes it's him.. thanks loislane for confirming.. i think he's quite a good looking actor..but dont know his english name..

Anyone have pics of Hao Lei whos gonna be Zhao Min?
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    Yes it's him.. thanks loislane for confirming.. i think he's quite a good looking actor..but dont know his english name..

Anyone have pics of Hao Lei whos gonna be Zhao Min?
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hao_Lei

Just a reminder though, the casts posted on top of this page is only RUMOR that has already been denied by ZJZ.

Well I sure am glad it's a rumour and not the actual cast. I don't know Hao Lei but she's too old to play Zhao Min! I would prefer actresses born at least after 1980 because the main characters are supposed to be in their teens.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem View Post
    Well I sure am glad it's a rumour and not the actual cast. I don't know Hao Lei but she's too old to play Zhao Min! I would prefer actresses born at least after 1980 because the main characters are supposed to be in their teens.
    Which is more important - for the actors to be the right age, or for them to be good actors?

Not many teenagers are experienced enough to be really good actors.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

How old are Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min, when they met, in the book?
    I don't mind if the actor/actress are older in actual age, as long as they look young enough for the part. Alyssa Chia was 29 during HSDS2003 filming, but I think she looked like in her early 20s, so she was okay.

I know Zhang Cuishan is 22 and Yin Susu is 19 at the beginning, but then its 10 years later when they managed to return to mainland... so at least an actor in his early 30s and an actress in her late 20s are still nice to see, for ZCS and YSS.
    As great as Damian Lau is as an actor and as much as I love Michelle Mai Suet (Mi Xue)... but it was really hard to watch HSDS2000, coz Damian was 51 and Michelle was 44 in that series. I read the book too much, so they don't match with ZCS-YSS's images in my mind at all.

How old are Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min, when they met, in the book?
    I don't mind if the actor/actress are older in actual age, as long as they look young enough for the part. Alyssa Chia was 29 during HSDS2003 filming, but I think she looked like in her early 20s, so she was okay.

I know Zhang Cuishan is 22 and Yin Susu is 19 at the beginning, but then its 10 years later when they managed to return to mainland... so at least an actor in his early 30s and an actress in her late 20s are still nice to see, for ZCS and YSS.
    As great as Damian Lau is as an actor and as much as I love Michelle Mai Suet (Mi Xue)... but it was really hard to watch HSDS2000, coz Damian was 51 and Michelle was 44 in that series. I read the book too much, so they don't match with ZCS-YSS's images in my mind at all.
    Alyssa was 29? Wow, she keeps herself very very well. The way she spoke you could believe she was a college student.

I actually liked Damian and Michelle's version - if you look at the others, Simon Yam/Dodo Cheng and Har Yu/Gigi Huang were both couples in their 30s who made no attempt to look in their early twenties during filming, and it seems to work well. In fact, the Zhang Cuishan I disliked the most was arguably the youngest-looking one - Alec Su. It was so obvious that he was out of place from his six brothers (all of whom would spend most of the series as moustached and bearded middle-aged daxias and hence couldn't really be that young when playing the early years). It was the one baby-face among the six men trying to look younger. It's one of those things which is hard to put on the screen and be faithful to the book. In a book you can age a character many years in a page, in a serial you either get a young guy acting old or vice versa for the 5/10/15/16/18 years later bits, and in Zhang Cuishan's case so far an older man acting younger seems to have worked. Damian and Michelle were pushing it a bit, perhaps, but they carried the roles very very well. Lawrence Ng's and Gigi Lai's ages were even further from ideal, but they also did a very decent job.

I don't mind a very young ZCS, but he's going to have to have a lot of makeup to not stand out from the Wudang seven.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Alyssa was 29? Wow, she keeps herself very very well. The way she spoke you could believe she was a college student.

I actually liked Damian and Michelle's version - if you look at the others, Simon Yam/Dodo Cheng and Har Yu/Gigi Huang were both couples in their 30s who made no attempt to look in their early twenties during filming, and it seems to work well. In fact, the Zhang Cuishan I disliked the most was arguably the youngest-looking one - Alec Su. It was so obvious that he was out of place from his six brothers (all of whom would spend most of the series as moustached and bearded middle-aged daxias and hence couldn't really be that young when playing the early years). It was the one baby-face among the six men trying to look younger. It's one of those things which is hard to put on the screen and be faithful to the book. In a book you can age a character many years in a page, in a serial you either get a young guy acting old or vice versa for the 5/10/15/16/18 years later bits, and in Zhang Cuishan's case so far an older man acting younger seems to have worked. Damian and Michelle were pushing it a bit, perhaps, but they carried the roles very very well. Lawrence Ng's and Gigi Lai's ages were even further from ideal, but they also did a very decent job.

I don't mind a very young ZCS, but he's going to have to have a lot of makeup to not stand out from the Wudang seven.
    i agree. alec su fit the description for ZWJ very well in my mind, but he just looked WAY too young to be ZCS. They shouldve used a different person.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    Which is more important - for the actors to be the right age, or for them to be good actors?

Not many teenagers are experienced enough to be really good actors.
    Both. I wouldn't mind ZM in her mid 20s but the actress that was rumoured to be ZM in this production is going to be 30 in a few months.

Alyssa Chia was 28 when HSDS 2003 was being filmed but she was fortunate enough to look young for her age (in the series she looked like she was in her early 20s at the most). Hao Lei definitely looks her age (just do a Google image search on her).

Alec Su was the worst Zhang Cuishan, although he was okay as ZWJ. Even though I liked Simon Yam, but he was not really perfect either. I haven't find the perfect ZCS. As for Yin Susu, Dodo Cheng was PERFECT, for me^^

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem View Post
    Alyssa Chia was 28 when HSDS 2003 was being filmed but she was fortunate enough to look young for her age (in the series she looked like she was in her early 20s at the most). Hao Lei definitely looks her age (just do a Google image search on her).
    Probably it's just me, but in Men and Legends Hao Lei looks as if she's only in her mid-20s.

Edit:

Hao Lei and Peter Ho in Men and Legends

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/vivi_g/0_02-1.jpg?t=1214773282')
    Last edited by vivi_g; 06-29-08 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_g View Post
    Probably it's just me, but in Men and Legends Hao Lei looks as if she's only in her mid-20s.

Edit:

Hao Lei and Peter Ho in Men and Legends

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/vivi_g/0_02-1.jpg?t=1214773282')
    how old is she? cuz in some angles she looks older than others.

oh, and peter is HOT

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    how old is she? cuz in some angles she looks older than others.

oh, and peter is HOT
    She's turning 30 in November.