Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Tier Matchups # 8: End-of-LOCH Gwok Jing vs. Chief Abbot Yeun Chi (DGSD)

Default Mid-Tier Matchups # 8: End-of-LOCH Gwok Jing vs. Chief Abbot Yeun Chi (DGSD)

A fun one today between two combatants who were knocking on the door of Greathood, but weren't quite there.

We have Gwok Jing from the end of LOCH, around the time he fought in the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament vs. Chief Abbot Yeun Chi of Shaolin from DGSD. How does this fight go?

In life-death duel I vote for Xuanci which could "match palm" with XF and You Tanzhi..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    In life-death duel I vote for Xuanci which could "match palm" with XF and You Tanzhi..
    Wasn't Yeun Chi notably inferior to both of them, at least in terms of inner power?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Wasn't Yeun Chi notably inferior to both of them, at least in terms of inner power?
    At least he dare to "match palm" with XF and YTZ so I give Xuanci slightly edge over GJ..

At least he dare to "match palm" with XF and YTZ so I give Xuanci slightly edge over GJ..
    I'm not so sure it's so much "daring" as it is circumstances forced his hand (literally). As the Buddhists say: "if I don't go into hell, then who will go into hell?"

I remember that when Yeun Chi clashed palms with Kiu Fung, Yeun Chi got blasted across the room. I expect similar results when end-of-LOCH Gwok Jing clashes palm with a Great.

I'm not so sure it's so much "daring" as it is circumstances forced his hand (literally). As the Buddhists say: "if I don't got into hell, then who will go into hell?"

I remember that when Yeun Chi clashed palms with Kiu Fung, Yeun Chi got blasted across the room. I expect similar results when end-of-LOCH Gwok Jing clashes palm with a Great.
    But XF palm much greater than LOCH H7G or OYF and YTZ palm even more "deadly" than XF due his toxicology which could 1 hit K.O one of Xuan Monks in Shaolin (can't remember his name) so "match" palm with XF or YTZ more harder than LOCH H7G/Greats IMHO..

If using power level I would put Xuanci at Lv 67 (on par with LOCH QQR and Chongxu) then GJ at Lv 65..

If using power level I would put Xuanci at Lv 67 (on par with LOCH QQR and Chongxu) then GJ at Lv 65..
    More or less. One or two points on WuxiaMaster's scale isn't a huge difference. Within five points, you're going to have good competition and there's even a chance the one ranked lower could win, depending on the circumstances.

More or less. One or two points on WuxiaMaster's scale isn't a huge difference. Within five points, you're going to have good competition and there's even a chance the one ranked lower could win, depending on the circumstances.
    Yeeep it would be very though fight but in life-death duel I would choose Xuanci over GJ by split decision..

It was stated that Xiao Feng could fight three or four Xuan Ci-level combatants equally. Take that into consideration when evaluating Xuan Ci vs late LOCH Guo Jing.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Yeeep I also believe that XF GJ or YG could take on 4 end-LOCH GJ which mean Xuanci ~ end-LOCH GJ but in life-death duel I would vote for Xuanci..

If Xuan Ci wants to duel in technique, Guo Jing has Mutual Hands Combat, allowing him to pose double the challenge. If Xuan Ci wants to duel in force, Guo Jing managed to match identical palms against a full force Hong Qigong, even though he wasn't able to carry on fighting, and H7G was able to take the initiative in drawing down internal. Thinking about it, what are the arguments for Xuan Ci to have an advantage in this match up?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    If Xuan Ci wants to duel in technique, Guo Jing has Mutual Hands Combat, allowing him to pose double the challenge. If Xuan Ci wants to duel in force, Guo Jing managed to match identical palms against a full force Hong Qigong, even though he wasn't able to carry on fighting, and H7G was able to take the initiative in drawing down internal. Thinking about it, what are the arguments for Xuan Ci to have an advantage in this match up?
    So you mean QQR would lose to GJ if the fought during 2nd Huashan duel since I think Xuanci on par with LOCH QQR..

So you mean QQR would lose to GJ if the fought during 2nd Huashan duel since I think Xuanci on par with LOCH QQR..
    Though he often underperforms, Kau Cheen Yan was 85% - 90% of Greats level. Yeun Chi and end-of-LOCH were, I believe, not much more than 70% Greats level.

Though he often underperforms, Kau Cheen Yan was 85% - 90% of Greats level. Yeun Chi and end-of-LOCH were, I believe, not much more than 70% Greats level.
    You mean LOCH Greats right then Xuanci could match XF palm which considered much better than LOCH Greats so he is should be around LOCH QQR level not LOCH GJ level IMHO..

You mean LOCH Greats right then Xuanci could match XF palm which considered much better than LOCH Greats so he is should be around LOCH QQR level not LOCH GJ level IMHO..
    Yeun Chi didn't "match palms" with Kiu Fung. Kiu Fung thoroughly trashed him in their one head-to-head encounter. This was not a confrontation of near equals: Kiu Fung was head-and-shoulders superior to Yeun Chi. Their one exchange at Shaolin Temple went pretty much the way I expect an exchange between a Great and end-of-LOCH Gwok Jing to go if the Great isn't holding back at all and strikes with 100% force from the beginning.

Yeun Chi didn't "match palms" with Kiu Fung. Kiu Fung thoroughly trashed him in their one head-to-head encounter. This was not a confrontation of near equals: Kiu Fung was head-and-shoulders superior to Yeun Chi. Their one exchange at Shaolin Temple went pretty much the way I expect an exchange between a Great and end-of-LOCH Gwok Jing to go if the Great isn't holding back at all and strikes with 100% force from the beginning.
    Still he "match" XF palm also XF was much better than LOCH H7G so Xuanci which could match XF palm couldn't looking down at all I mean it's true he is not XF level but he is the greatest fighter in his level afterall..

Still he "match" XF palm also XF was much better than LOCH H7G so Xuanci which could match XF palm couldn't looking down at all I mean it's true he is not XF level but he is the greatest fighter in his level afterall..
    When you use the word "match," the image I have in my mind is that the two opponents are more or less equal...that nobody has a clear advantage over the other.

Kiu Fung and Yeun Chi clashed palms: Kiu Fung stood his ground as if nothing happened; Yeun Chi flew across the room and landed on his a$$. That does not fit my understanding of "match" at all.

When you use the word "match," the image I have in my mind is that the two opponents are more or less equal...that nobody has a clear advantage over the other.

Kiu Fung and Yeun Chi clashed palms: Kiu Fung stood his ground as if nothing happened; Yeun Chi flew across the room and landed on his a$$. That does not fit my understanding of "match" at all.
    That why I use "...."..

You know even pre-HIS YG could "match" palm with JLFW which he himself was strong enough to equaling GJ 18 Dragon Palm..