Page 10 of 150 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

So the series has wrapped up filming.

The previous photos I posted in the last thread also contained the wrap up photos.

dang, the imgur played up. I will fix the link again to appear here. For the moment, here's the link:

https://m.imgur.com/zQSCfgf
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 09-05-16 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    I agree that Danny Lau Dan's work on HQG was very impressive. He and Barbara Yung had an amazing chemistry back then in the 83 version...
    Danny Lau is one of my favorite actors from HK because of that role. He was awesome at others, but I'd say that that's not just his career-defining role, for me, HQG was the character that most defines what I liked about LOCH.

Hahaha... I'm guessing your friend is in my generation- as kids in school, most of my female friends were in love with Tony Leung for that reason.

Meanwhile, I didn't realize it was the same person until someone pointed it out at 诛仙之青云志 (Legend of Chusen/Noble Aspirations) thread, but William Yang (actor here for Guo Jing) is making quite an impression as a minor character (Green Dragon/Qing Long) there.

He's outshining (in my opinion) most of the major characters there with his charisma and on-screen presence (you just have to look at him when he walks on the screen), so I'm glad the actor is getting a chance to lead a relatively high-profile drama. (Although no one, not even Hu Ge or Felix, has been able to actually make me like Guo Jing, so I'm still not too hopefully on liking the character).

Hehehe, my friend is indeed of the mid 70s-80s generation...

And yeah, dunno why I'm an anomaly, but i also have never been crazy about Guo Jing, even when played by Felix. I understand he's noble etc, GJ, but I guess I'm just not into this character...

So the series has wrapped up filming.

The previous photos I posted in the last thread also contained the wrap up photos.

dang, the imgur played up. I will fix the link again to appear here. For the moment, here's the link:

https://m.imgur.com/zQSCfgf

Finally have time to post some more photos.

Here's the wrap up photo:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/zQSCfgf.jpg')

more of the Mongolians:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/ya8oMuD.jpg')

Seven Freaks of Jiangnan
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/FSaiSjU.jpg')

Guo Jing and Huang Rong

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/Glp3QD7.jpg')

Mrs Guo and lil GJ
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/fZwlhyR.jpg')

GJ, HR and Old Imp

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/i0KjQTD.jpg')

GJ, HR and North Beggar
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/S7UMp4w.jpg')

And last but not least, the Huang family. Love it that Mrs Huang looked like her daughter a lot... and that this looks like a real Song Dynasty family "photo"...(without HR's "V" and mobile phone)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/vpiK6nX.jpg')

I thought HR's mum was no longer around???

She's still around, but just laying down on her ice bed, and during flashbacks.

Liking how Old Imp is looking (Zhou BuTong yes?)

Not as sure about Northern Beggar who has HUGE shoes to fill.

Icha Parvati: (Sorry off-topic for just a little while!)
    For your friend here's an incredibly nostalgia-driving MV with Yitian 86's love theme
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1jCroassI

Some of these scenes I've watched literally dozens of times over the last 30 years (oh yes happy B-day Yitian '86 for reaching 30 years and still missed by fans all over the world!!), and I'll say that one or two of those scenes ( Zhaomin crashing the wedding, Zhaomin biding her father farewell, the final sequence of an ldyllic life together, the fight at the Manor) are still definitive scenes for me in terms of what I consider epic wuxia romance. I admit I was thrilled to learn (years and years later) that Tony Leung actually dated Kitty Lai for a little while after the series. I think the role of Wuji and Zhaomin in here was just _that_ compelling!
    Last edited by yanfeng; 09-21-16 at 12:30 AM.

She's still around, but just laying down on her ice bed, and during flashbacks.
    Oh I see. Can't remember how she died? What age was HR then? Can someone refresh my memory?

I believe she died giving birth and writing the 9 yin classics or went into a coma.

Yeah, A-heng was pregnant with HR when she memorised the Nine Yin Manual. For her husband, she later wrote down the whole manual from memory, which over exerted her and caused her death after delivering baby HR.

Thanks to both of you for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Liking how Old Imp is looking (Zhou BuTong yes?)

Not as sure about Northern Beggar who has HUGE shoes to fill.

Icha Parvati: (Sorry off-topic for just a little while!)
    For your friend here's an incredibly nostalgia-driving MV with Yitian 86's love theme
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1jCroassI

Some of these scenes I've watched literally dozens of times over the last 30 years (oh yes happy B-day Yitian '86 for reaching 30 years and still missed by fans all over the world!!), and I'll say that one or two of those scenes ( Zhaomin crashing the wedding, Zhaomin biding her father farewell, the final sequence of an ldyllic life together, the fight at the Manor) are still definitive scenes for me in terms of what I consider epic wuxia romance. I admit I was thrilled to learn (years and years later) that Tony Leung actually dated Kitty Lai for a little while after the series. I think the role of Wuji and Zhaomin in here was just _that_ compelling!
    Hahaha, i will make sure she watches this, though I'm sure she already knows!

When i was a child, I totally loved Zhao Min and Wuji. I loved every costume that Kitty Lai wore, complete with her hair pleats. I still like them, though not as much as i did when i was a kid. I still adore Tony's ZWJ, though I'm not really a fan of this character, particularly after the HSDS rewrite that gave us a hanging end between ZWJ, ZM and Zhou Zhiruo. Totally unnecessary revision IMO.

And I agree that Lau Dan's North Beggar is a pair of shoes too large to fill. I like Bryan Leung's HQG, but even he couldn't pass Lau Dan's HQG.

As for Old Imp (Zhou Botong), I actually have some hopes for this one. I like the actor in Langya Bang, and I believe somehow he won't deliver an annoying ZBT for me, unlike the 2008 ZBT (again, IMO).

When i was a child, I totally loved Zhao Min and Wuji. I loved every costume that Kitty Lai wore, complete with her hair pleats. I still like them, though not as much as i did when i was a kid. I still adore Tony's ZWJ, though I'm not really a fan of this character, particularly after the HSDS rewrite that gave us a hanging end between ZWJ, ZM and Zhou Zhiruo. Totally unnecessary revision IMO.
    OT: As a child (10-12 years old then), I never like ZWJ (Adam Cheng) - untrustworthy person who broke his promise to marry ZZR. While I am neutral to ZM (Lisa Wang), I remember I actually cried when ZM jumped down the cliff (do not know whether she died. And the series ended). This was only coming to this forum and having a number of email correspondences with one forumer Green Destiny that I become neutral to ZWJ (though I still hate him for not even making a "BIG" effort in rescuing Xiao Zhao or at least open his "golden" mouth to tell XZ that he did not want her to leave) and loving ZM. Sorry for all the rumblings.

OT: what, how, whuh?? Adam Cheng's HSDS had ZM jumping off the cliff? That's so weird, so unlike her strong character!

Well, not interested in watching that series then. At least Kitty Lai's ZM was a strong woman who knew what she wanted and when to quit without being destructive...

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    OT: As a child (10-12 years old then), I never like ZWJ (Adam Cheng) - untrustworthy person who broke his promise to marry ZZR. While I am neutral to ZM (Lisa Wang), I remember I actually cried when ZM jumped down the cliff (do not know whether she died. And the series ended). This was only coming to this forum and having a number of email correspondences with one forumer Green Destiny that I become neutral to ZWJ (though I still hate him for not even making a "BIG" effort in rescuing Xiao Zhao or at least open his "golden" mouth to tell XZ that he did not want her to leave) and loving ZM. Sorry for all the rumblings.
    Never watched Adam Cheng's version of HSDS, but I never felt these criticisms of Cheung Mo Gei's character to be fair.

1. Chow Chi Yerk secured Cheung Mo Gei's agreement to marry her through vicious and cruel acts of bad faith. She eliminated her remaining potential rivals by murdering Chu-yee and then framing Chiu Mun for the act. Is a person obligated to honor a promise that was obtained in bad faith?

2. Even so, Cheung Mo Gei was fully prepared to go through with the marriage anyway. Even when Chiu Mun appeared at the wedding, CMG refused to leave with her until she showed him a few locks of Tse Tsun's hair. At that point, CMG left with CM with the goal of rescuing TT, but promised CCY that he would return to wed her after he had rescued TT. That it never happened later on has more to do with CCY's subsequent personality transformation than anything CMG did.

3. Regarding Siu Chiu: she was not CMG's to rescue. She was the Leader of the Persian Ming Cult, technically Cheung Mo Gei's superior (Chinese Ming Cult was subordinate to Persian Ming Cult). She had a duty to fulfill, just as he did. To go take her from the Persians by force would likely create a WAR between the Chinese and Persian branches of the Ming Cult...which would be the HEIGHT of irresponsible behavior and would throw away the hard-won new reconciliation of the two branches after over a century of conflict.

OT: what, how, whuh?? Adam Cheng's HSDS had ZM jumping off the cliff? That's so weird, so unlike her strong character!
    OT: She is afterall still a Mongolian. She has made plans to leave with ZWJ. But the Ming (under Yang Xiao) is still on her hot pursuit. She reached the edge of the cliff - no choice but to jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Never watched Adam Cheng's version of HSDS, but I never felt these criticisms of Cheung Mo Gei's character to be fair.

1. Chow Chi Yerk secured Cheung Mo Gei's agreement to marry her through vicious and cruel acts of bad faith. She eliminated her remaining potential rivals by murdering Chu-yee and then framing Chiu Mun for the act. Is a person obligated to honor a promise that was made in bad faith?

2. Even so, Cheung Mo Gei was fully prepared to go through with the marriage anyway. Even when Chiu Mun appeared at the wedding, CMG refused to leave with her until she showed him a few locks of Tse Tsun's hair. At that point, CMG left with CM with the goal of rescuing TT, and even promised CCY that he would return to wed her after he had rescued TT. That it never happened later on has more to do with CCY's subsequent personality transformation than anything CMG did.

3. Regarding Siu Chiu: she was not CMG's to rescue. She was the Leader of the Persian Ming Cult, technically Cheung Mo Gei's superior (Chinese Ming Cult was subordinate to Persian Ming Cult). She had a duty to fulfill, just as he did. To go take her from the Persians by force would likely create a WAR between the Chinese and Persian branches of the Ming Cult...which would be the HEIGHT of irresponsible behavior and would throw away the hard-won new reconciliation of the two branches after over a century of conflict.
    OT: Somehow, I expect Ken to come in (probably his first time writing on this thread but not LOCH related). Ok, I will stop.

Interestingly, I am quite shocked that Genghis Khan is acted by a Singaporean actor.
    http://www.tnp.sg/m/more/tv/how-ofte...-behead-people

Only looking a few times, yes, he's from Singapore.